Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,141 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays (39744 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Flood Foreign Embassies As Economic Hardship Bites Harder / Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by ufotunang: 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2023
Nigeria is a good country to stay and live with good weather..it's just that nigeria have bad leaders... God has blessed this country with a lot of natural, mineral resources for us to make the country to be good and better.... if we had good leaders that provide good goverance and develop the country and make the economy to be good and better they would had been no need for one to Japa... it's just bad leaders, corrupt politcians that provide bad goverance is the one making nigerians to Japa...it's a pity

1 Like

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by BabaIbo: 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2023
No be small thing...
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Artiiclebeast: 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

Last year when US Fed signalled intent to start raising rates, I posted here that anyone with interest abroad with large account balance in Nigeria is a slowpoke. Children of hate pounced on the statement and cursed their ancestors.

N10m @ N450/$ was $22,200.
N10m @ N1230/$ is $8,130.
Those with business in Nigeria who intended to repatriate funds abroad have had their wealth wiped out before their eyes.

But if the fund was kept in $, today it will be $22,200 x N1230 = N27.3 million without lifting a finger.

Go figure!

All the pro Tinubu suckers no get mouth to talk again. Campaign and false promises are over. Time to live the reality. Do you think McOluomo is feeling the pinch? No! He and his family will be ok. It reminds one of the popular saying, " person wey dey use him head break coconut no dey follow chop am" grin grin grin
/

grin

My style...I always greet and pat my greenback every morning...Salaam Alaikum with a huge smile.

4 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Obierika(m): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2023
Chingyyy878:
It’s getting more expensive, flight tickets alone na the entire money as at last 5yrs ago.

People wey don go no know wetin God do for them.

It’s crazy !

You can try and swim across the Atlantic ocean grin
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Watinhapen(m): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2023
Anybody that wants to Japa should Japa. Me and Tinubu dey here. The Idiot man thinks he can frustrate me out of my country.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by deewhydoski(m): 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2023
Make I comot for this thread, E ma fi ironu pami. When the time to travel come God's willing next year he will make a way. I don't want to be checking that Dollar rate again

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by porthouse7(f): 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2023
Go do wetin, make all countries deny Nigeria visa sef

1 Like

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by spiSeyi: 2:47pm On Oct 25, 2023
grin grin
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Shikini: 2:47pm On Oct 25, 2023
Terrible
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Oluwaseun39: 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2023
Real truth
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by spiSeyi: 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2023
Jakpa is seen as a thing of joy by the majority of black Africans but the few wise ones see it as a modern-day slavery. It's saddening that the transatlantic slave trade continues in a new dimension, bankers, doctors, and high-profile career Africans end up becoming toilet cleaner, and white man poo 💩 hole cleaners all in the name of caregivers. The whites kept using Africans for cheap labor, and the Africans were enslaved with debts, and taxes. Most jakpa folks can't boast of 100k USD in a year sad .
Jakpa is modern-day transatlantic slavery whereby burgers and snow were used to lure black Africans just like how lanterns, glass, and whisky were used to lure our fathers
The grass is greener where you watered the ground wink

15 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Elxandre(m): 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2023
Nigerians are weird people.
Bring reasonable political topics now, but the same people wanting to escape Nigeria will come with tribalistic opinions.
We're not serious.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by sholadele4: 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2023
Thank God for my wife for making me see reasons to move when we did. This is getting unbelievable by the day.

6 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Justiceleague1: 3:02pm On Oct 25, 2023
Nigerians especially the so called sophisticated maarrraans are wonderful people.
With their eyes open,they made a certified failure,buhari president,just to spite the Igbo people!
The APC have succeeded in bringing monumental hardship to the country.
Shame on the so called sophisticated people.

6 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by ottersberger(m): 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
Johnrake69:
Where Una wan run go? The country you’re running to na their citizens stay fight for am.

Stay in Nigeria and fight for your country.

You dey mind the idiotas. Nigerians are the most cowardly unpatriotic people I've seen. Like their politicians, they do not have ideology, they believe in nothing.

The countries you are running to, do you think it will be good for you to run to if their citizens have the mindset of an average Nigerian?.

They worked to fix their country, they held their leaders responsible and even died in the process like they did in Tunisia and Egypt.

All of you idiotas, some of whom cheered on while Tinubu raped this country's electoral process in the ass are now heading for the exit.

Make una come go make we see. Una go reap una docility and corrupt behaviors. Nonsense

9 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by teebaxy(m): 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
Zupay:

It is and when I moved to the UK in 2021, I paid my tuition fees at N570 per pound but now it is £1=N1,460.
check again , it’s #1511 now

1 Like

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by DaddyGngeess(m): 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
Ticket is very high now and most visas now are cash and carry mostly schengen countries, gone are those days when you apply normally and get your visa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by PeterObi4LP: 3:08pm On Oct 25, 2023
No matter how very bad the economy may be and $1 to 5thousand naira I will still comfortably travel to UK to see my family. People will still be travelling too.

5 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by imagrg(m): 3:08pm On Oct 25, 2023
Arab countries! It's like you don't like your head to remain on your neck. grin
Akano5:

It still won't stop me even if it's to enter any Arab countries

7 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Usefulsense: 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2023
Johnrake69:
Where Una wan run go? The country you’re running to na their citizens stay fight for am.

Stay and fight for an irredeemable country??

Stay with your family and fight for it.
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by WayoProphet: 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2023
Lol, you go lead the fight?

Johnrake69:

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by jimcaddy(m): 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2023
Nigerians don't know what's up. You think when you travel out of the country, then automatically, your life becomes better? Why are we so stereotypical in this country? Now every Tom, Dick and Harry is running to the UK because the UK dey give una admission and visa. I'll just say that everyone is selfish, self-centred and this mentality we have as Nigerians is what has made Nigeria stuck. No one wants to be be held accountable for anything. No one wants to take responsibility for anything. They countries we keep running to, Shey if their citizens and the government did not ensure that things are okay, would we Nigerians have somewhere to go? We are the problem of ourselves in this country. Now you want to japaa, what about your next door neighbour that does not have the means to japaa? He can go and dieeeee for you care right?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by WayoProphet: 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2023
I thank God for my life. I canceled Nigeria since 2012 when I left for Ghana. From Ghana to the US.

8 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Streetmovement(m): 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Most people don carry their japa money go drink sniper cuz it was not enough, the country is nothing to write home about
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Ever8090: 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2023
Even for free, I can not go to base in any country except to visit and come back....my village is my best place on earth,

5 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by NuCypher: 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2023
aWITNESS:
Truth be told, I can't thank my God enough. As of June 2022, I needed to show 10k CAD(NGN3.5m with CBN rate) in my account for living expenses as a student. I knew what it took me to raise that amount. As of today, that same amount is about NGN8.5M.

I wonder what I would have done if God didn't come through for me.
It's now NGN9.3M
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by BabaAgba79(m): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2023
Chingyyy878:
It’s getting more expensive, flight tickets alone na the entire money as at last 5yrs ago.

People wey don go no know wetin God do for them.

It’s crazy !

I am so happy! grin Na una dey make dollar and pounds running! Cedi and Yen no run ooo! Na dollar and pounds because of JAPA people! If u no get the money, u go stay ur father land!

1 Like

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Streetmovement(m): 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2023
jimcaddy:
Nigerians don't know what's up. You think when you travel out of the country, then automatically, your life becomes better? Why are we so stereotypical in this country? Now every Tom, Dick and Harry is running to the UK because the UK dey give una admission and visa. I'll just say that everyone is selfish, self-centred and this mentality we have as Nigerians is what has made Nigeria stuck. No one wants to be be held accountable for anything. No one wants to take responsibility for anything. They countries we keep running to, Shey if their citizens and the government did not ensure that things are okay, would we Nigerians have somewhere to go? We are the problem of ourselves in this country. Now you want to japaa, what about your next door neighbour that does not have the means to japaa? He can go and dieeeee for you care right?

Wotoporiously cool speaking

Book of Lamentation 🤣🤣🤣

Una never see anything, A country that cannot even vouch for it's own citizen, that one na country? 😂😂

3 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Akano5(m): 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2023
wittywriter:
Are you and your friend done with getting international passport?
Exactly...

Wittyness.
Not yet ma, we haven't start the process...
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by ndidibabe(f): 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2023
spiSeyi:
Jakpa is seen as a thing of joy by the majority of black Africans but the few wise ones see it as a modern-day slavery. It's saddening that the transatlantic slave trade continues in a new dimension, bankers, doctors, and high-profile career Africans end up becoming toilet cleaner, and white man poo 💩 hole cleaners all in the name of caregivers. The whites kept using Africans for cheap labor, and the Africans were enslaved with debts, and taxes. Most jakpa folks can't boast of 100k USD in a year sad .
Jakpa is modern-day transatlantic slavery whereby burgers and snow were used to lure black Africans just like how lanterns, glass, and whisky were used to lure our fathers
The grass is greener where you watered the ground wink
Did u say 100k USSD?
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Biola67: 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2023
Ever8090:
Even for free, I can not go to base in any country except to visit and come back....my village is my best place on earth,
Cappa

1 Like

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Akano5(m): 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2023
TOPCRUISE:

Palestinian and Afghanistan visa are now gifted in the embassy in Lagos with little cost. Just go and collect yours. Thank me later. cool

Count me out of those two countries you mentioned above

I don't want

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Is Lagos Blue Line Train Being Pulled By A Diesel Locomotive?—John Ashbourne / Learner Driver Crashes Into A Building In Calabar / Trailer Carrying Gas Falls At Ojekunle, Mushin, Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.