Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, (942 Views)

Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies BAT, APC, INEC / Court Dismisses Suit Against Rotimi Akeredolu, Says Case Is Statute Barred / Atiku Replies Nnamdi Kanu: I Am Not From Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Bobloco: 9:52pm On Oct 21, 2023
..INEC

As the Supreme Court gets set to hear appeals seeking to remove President Bola Tinubu from office, the candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has said that nothing ought to stop the apex court from accepting his fresh evidence.

Atiku stated this in a reply on point of law he filed to counter objections that President Tinubu, the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and the All Progressives Congress, APC, raised to query the admissibility of documents that were released to him by the Chicago State University, CSU, in the United States of America.

The former Vice President maintained that the documents he is seeking the permission of the apex court to tender, would establish his allegation that President Tinubu was not only ineligible to contest the election, but was equally involved in certificate forgery.

The documents
The documents Atiku is seeking to tender before the apex court are Tinubu’s academic records that the CSU handed over to him on October 2, 2023.

The 32-page documents were released on the orders of Judge Nancy Maldonado of the District Court of Illinois, Eastern Division, Illinois, United States of America.

The US court had ordered the CSU to release the said documents to Atiku, despite Tinubu’s objection.

However, following Atiku’s request to tender the documents, President Tinubu, INEC and the APC raised separate objections wherein they argued that the Supreme Court could not admit the evidence at this stage of the case.

They argued that the 180 days allowed by the law for hearing of petitions against the outcome of the presidential election, had since elapsed.

Tinubu’s objection
According to them, the apex court, at this stage, lacks the requisite jurisdiction to receive and decide on the fresh evidence since it was not presented within the prescribed 180 days.

In his response to the objections, Atiku, through his team of lawyers led by Chief Chris Uche, SAN, argued that contrary to the position of the respondents, “there is no such constitutional limit of 180 days on the lower court to hear and determine a presidential election petition, such that can rob this Honourable Court to exercise its power in any manner whatsoever.

“The parties are agreed that the Constitution is the fons et origo and the grundnorm, and supersedes any other legislation,” he added.

Besides, Atiku maintained that while tribunals were established to deal with election matters from Houses of Assembly, National Assembly and governorship elections, the Constitution gave the jurisdiction to entertain disputes from presidential elections only to the Court of Appeal.

“Thereafter, the Constitution was intentional and deliberate in setting the 180 days limit only for Election Tribunals, and not for the Court of Appeal. On the other hand, when it came to appeals, the Constitution clearly and expressly extended same to the Court of Appeal.

“The Constitution clearly excluded Court of Appeal in the preceding subsection,” he submitted.

Atiku further argued that a cursory look at Section 285 of the 1999 Constitution, as amended, shows that the Presidential Election Petition Court, PEPC, that heard and dismissed his petition, was not an election tribunal.

The Constitution

He contended that the framers of the Constitution limited the application of the 180 days specifically to election tribunals by virtue of section 285(6), excluding the Court of Appeal.

“On the other hand, when it came to the next subsection, namely Section 285(7), they intentionally included and mentioned Court of Appeal.

“The trite maxim, My Lords, is “expressio unius est exclusio alterius”, meaning that the express mention of one thing in a statutory provision automatically excludes any other which otherwise would have been included by implication.

“Furthermore, when granting jurisdiction to the Court of Appeal to entertain presidential election petitions, the Constitution did not pretend that it was conferring the jurisdiction on a “tribunal”; it clearly gave the jurisdiction to the Court of Appeal. Thus, section 239(1) of the Constitution specifically provides thus:-

“Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, the Court of Appeal shall, to the exclusion of any other court of law in Nigeria, have original jurisdiction to hear and determine any question as to whether – (a) any person has been validity elected to the office of President or Vice President under this Constitution.”

Uche also noted that when conferring on the Supreme Court the jurisdiction to entertain appeals arising from decisions in presidential election petitions, the Constitution limited itself to “Court of Appeal” and made no mention of ‘tribunal’.

He cited Section 233 subsections (1) and (2)(e)(i) of the Constitution which provides that: “The Supreme Court shall have jurisdiction, to the exclusion of any other court of law in Nigeria, to hear and determine appeals from the Court of Appeal.

“An appeal shall lie from decisions of the Court of Appeal to the Supreme Court as of right in the following cases – (e) decisions on any question – (i) whether any person has been validly elected to the office of President or Vice President under this Constitution”.

He added that it was based on the above facts that the Presidential Election Petition Court itself administratively refused to be referred to as the “Presidential Election Petition Tribunal”, but the “Presidential Election Petition Court”.

“The case is not whether 2nd Respondent attended Chicago State University, but whether he presented a forged certificate to the INEC.

“That at the trial, a National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, certificate with serial number 173807 presented by the 2nd Respondent to the 1st Respondent was equally tendered by the Appellants/Applicants at the trial as “EXHIBIT PBD 1A” with the name Tinubu Bola Adekunle, which is annexed herewith as EXHIBIT-J,” Atiku added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/fresh-chicago-varsity-evidence-not-statute-barred-atiku-replies-tinubu-apc-inec/amp/

1 Like

Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 21, 2023
I am sick of it already
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by JASONjnr(m): 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2023
This is evident enough to kick Tinubu out..... But even Atiku knows that this won't be possible...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Feintline: 10:32pm On Oct 21, 2023
We are keenly watching how supposed justices in the supreme court are aligning themselves with a criminal and forger to perform magic.

All of a sudden date is fixed against the wishes of petitioners all in a bid to destroy our nation.

A female judge whose 2 sons are with the apc.
One is an apc lawyer and the other a house of assembly member in ondo state is being put in the panel.

Another judge who us to retire on the 27th of October is also there. A man who should be on leave. All in bid to enforce a desperate criminal .

Tinubu if you like appoint gbajamila and wike , your fall is dome and dusted.

All you satanic judges in the supreme cout that are dining with a criminal man to ruin Nigeria, you generations to the 7th generation will reap the curses you acquire from this wicked actions.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Burob: 10:49pm On Oct 21, 2023
Feintline:
We are keenly watching how supposed justices in the supreme court are aligning themselves with a criminal and forger to perform magic.

All of a sudden date is fixed against the wishes of petitioners all in a bid to destroy our nation.

A female judge whose 2 sons are with the apc.
One is an apc lawyer and the other a house of assembly member in ondo state is being put in the panel.

Another judge who us to retire on the 27th of October is also there. A man who should be on leave. All in bid to enforce a desperate criminal .

Tinubu if you like appoint gbajamila and wike , your fall is dome and dusted.

All you satanic judges in the supreme cout that are dining with a criminal man to ruin Nigeria, you generations to the 7th generation will reap the curses you acquire from this wicked actions.
Maybe it is the curse, that is worrying you till date?
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Rayban26: 10:51pm On Oct 21, 2023
Burob:
Maybe it is the curse, that is worrying you till date?

Have you taken your yoyo bitters today?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Burob: 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2023
JASONjnr:
This is evident enough to kick Tinubu out..... But even Atiku knows that this won't be possible...
No evidence, plenty talk, no weight, chasing shadows, he along with his protege Gringory Obi will receive record fines for their stupidity for deceiving the gullible Agbadorian Atikulators @ Obidients.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Burob: 10:53pm On Oct 21, 2023
Rayban26:

Have you taken your yoyo bitters today?
You have proven the point again, always yapping nonsense.

Remove Tinubu to put Atiku Malu? Mumu.
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Rayban26: 10:56pm On Oct 21, 2023
Burob:
You have proven the point again, always yapping nonsense.

Remove Tinubu to put Atiku Malu? Mumu.

I highly recommend it oo
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Burob: 10:59pm On Oct 21, 2023
Rayban26:

I highly recommend it oo
Don’t worry they will conduct another G20 meeting, Ecowas heads of states summit & UNGA so that Atiku Malu can attend as President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria?
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Varunpulyani: 11:01pm On Oct 21, 2023
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a cocaine sniffing vagabond
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by AntiChristian: 5:07am On Oct 22, 2023
BAT will be acquitted! Atiku will be fined more than obi!
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Bobloco: 7:52am On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:
BAT will be acquitted! Atiku will be fined more than obi!

You mean BAT will be acquitted of any wrong doing after it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt that he submitted a forged certificate to INEC
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Ikaeniyan0: 7:54am On Oct 22, 2023
The Supreme Court wont accept any new evidence.
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by FreeStuffsNG: 8:12am On Oct 22, 2023
He contended that the framers of the Constitution limited the application of the 180 days specifically to election tribunals by virtue of section 285(6), excluding the Court of Appeal.

“On the other hand, when it came to the next subsection, namely Section 285(7), they intentionally included and mentioned Court of Appeal.

Smh.

This is way too weak and academic to be presented by a Senior Advocate. It's similar to the weak argument on having 25% of the total valid votes in FCT to be declared as winner of the Presidential election. This argument will be thrown into the dustbin as expected. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by AntiChristian: 8:46am On Oct 22, 2023
Bobloco:

You mean BAT will be acquitted of any wrong doing after it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt that he submitted a forged certificate to INEC

Abeg who prove am?
And where's the prove?
Supreme court don give judgement Abi na your house them prove am?

1 Like

Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Ikaeniyan0: 8:49am On Oct 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Smh.

This is way too weak and academic to be presented by a Senior Advocate. It's similar to the weak argument on having 25% of the total valid votes in FCT to be declared as winner of the Presidential election. This argument will be thrown into the dustbin as expected. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Atiku and his Lawyers are confuse.

The Supreme Court will throw away their new evidence.
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by yommen: 8:54am On Oct 22, 2023
I don't know how Atiku could just imagine Tinubu being removed with his failed evidence when the University actually already cleared Tinubu.

I once had an experience with a lawyer. A friend connected us because I had a business-gone-bad experience with another guy and I wanted my money back, up to 650k in may be year 2014/15.

The day myself, the lawyer and the other guy involved were to meet at an area command police station, my mum advised me to pull out of the case. So I called the lawyer and told him I was not interested in the case anymore. I called the guy I had issues with that he shouldn't bother going to the police station that I was letting go of everything.

Could you believe that this lawyer was insisting that I can't drop the case? My case and my money When he realised that I wouldn't answer him, he eventually calculated a percentage of the money and said I would pay after already spending some money already.

What I know is lawyers are after their pocket and Atiku has money to spend. He should keep spending.
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Bobloco: 9:01am On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

Abeg who prove am?
And where's the prove?

CSU said that the certificate Tinubu submitted to INEC didn't emanate from them. In simple terms, it was forged
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by AntiChristian: 9:10am On Oct 22, 2023
Bobloco:

CSU said that the certificate Tinubu submitted to INEC didn't emanate from them. In simple terms, it was forged

Did they use the word "forge"?
Why do you guys like to spread half-truths around?

CSU said they don't issue replacement certificates and that is done by vendors!

Why didn't you mention this but had to lie?
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by aswani(m): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2023
Bobloco:

It emanated from a third party authorised to print The University's certificates.

Printing Certificates is not viable for them to do in-house, that's why it is outsourced.

Same as how football clubs don't print their own appparels, they outsource them to Puma, Umbro or Adidas, it doesn't make those things forged.

If you IPOBidients are going to find something to peg President Tinubu with, make it something irrefutable and the rest of us will join you in the push to remove him.
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Bobloco: 10:38am On Oct 22, 2023
aswani:

It emanated from a third party authorised to print The University's certificates.

Printing Certificates is not viable for them to do in-house, that's why it is outsourced.

Same as how football clubs don't print their own appparels, they outsource them to Puma, Umbro or Adidas, it doesn't make those things forged.

If you IPOBidients are going to find something to peg President Tinubu with, make it something irrefutable and the rest of us will join you in the push to remove him.

Truly, this your comment is typical of an agbadorian whom Tinubu converted into internet wildebeest devoid of any meaningful sentience, reason, and rationality as described by David Hundeyin
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Bobloco: 10:44am On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

I believe you went to school, I mean a formal school

If the school where you claim to have graduated from swear under oath that from their records, you didn't collect your certificate and that the certificate you are parading didn't emanate from them. What does it mean?
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by AntiChristian: 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2023
Bobloco:

I believe you went to school, I mean a formal school

If the school where you claim to have graduated from swear under oath that from their records, you didn't collect your certificate and that the certificate you are parading didn't emanate from them. What does it mean?

That's the practice in Chicago!
They don't do replacement certificates and this is done by vendors!

Just hold on for a while.
After the supreme court judgement you can wail then!
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Bobloco: 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

Is Tinubu the only Nigerian that went to school in the US

Why is it only Tinubu that we are hearing this replacement certificate are being printed by so called vendors

Nigerians are not interested in what ever the supreme court will decide but the fact remains that Tinubu is a notorious narcotics drug trafficker and a certified certificate forger of international dimension
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Kukutente23: 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

Subhanallah
CSU said they don't issue replacement certificates yet, Tinubu said in Chatham house that he got a replacement certificate from CSU
Is this taqiyya or something else
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Kukutente23: 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

Awusubillahi
Alfa for this lie you need to recite astagafirullahi 77 times
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Kukutente23: 6:12pm On Oct 22, 2023
aswani:

So you can make man utd Jersey from chibuzor and sell it on Amazon as man utd Jersey abi

You're sounding daft
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Stricker321: 6:19pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

Abeg who prove am?
And where's the prove?

Chicago State University denied the document. That, is the incontrovertible proof
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Stricker321: 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Smh.

You are a mischievous person.

Chicago State University NEVER endorsed printing of their certificates by third party vendors.

The way you guys churn out the offsite narrative it's like anyone can just go to the offsite location and ask for a certificate to be printed for him and it will be done. Who does that? No university anywhere on the planet does that. embarassed If that were the case then I could as well approach the offsite location and ask them to print a certificate for me and they will just print. That is madness and that is not how it works.

The intrinsic matter here is that it is the school that will get the offsite location to print a replacement certtificate AFTER receiving a request from the student. Now the same school have said that they have NEVER received any replacement request from Tinubu. The only request they received was the Subpoena at the behest of Enahoro Ebah.

If the school is not aware of Tinubu's replacement request then how did he get the certificate printed? Who printed it for him without him completing the request form of the school? The simple conclusion is that he decided to create one, or print one, or forge one by himself.

Amy printing of certificate done without the knowledge or consent of the school is forgery. Simple.

Your understanding and definition of OFFSITE location is misleading and deceptive and it is deliberate.

Stop deceiving people and stop deceiving yourself undecided
Re: Fresh Chicago Varsity Evidence Not Statute Barred, Atiku Replies Tinubu, APC, by Hoelujohn: 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2023
Burob:
No evidence, plenty talk, no weight, chasing shadows, he along with his protege Gringory Obi will receive record fines for their stupidity for deceiving the gullible Agbadorian Atikulators @ Obidients.
No weight? Yet you don't want supreme court to accept it. You don dey mad small small

(1) (Reply)

Femi Pedro not Hospitalized! / I Sorry For My Country! Obasanjo A Big Shame / Fg: Nigeria’s Classified Documents Stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.