Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

I Sorry For My Country! Obasanjo A Big Shame - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Sorry For My Country! Obasanjo A Big Shame (945 Views)

Selfish And Greedy Leaders Hindering The Growth Of These Country- Obasanjo / Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka / Obasanjo, A Shame To The Military — Defence Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Sorry For My Country! Obasanjo A Big Shame by EPOMA(m): 4:24am On Jun 08, 2007
Below is Sun newspaper report on OBASANJO

Ten days after he relinquished power to Alhaji Umar Yar'Adua, ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo on Thursday, in Lagos, experienced hard life outside the Presidency as he was stranded in a traffic jam for almost two and half hours.

Obasanjo, who spoke in Abeokuta, during welcome-home reception organized in his honour by the Abeokuta Special Group (ASG), narrated how he left his Ota farm for Lagos early on Thursday hoping to reach his destination as early as 6.30 or 6.45 a.m. but got stranded in the usually hectic traffic jam in Lagos.

He urged young wealthy Nigerian, who have made money in the country, to spend part of such money by marrying more wives.
Although the former president did not mention where he went in Lagos, he said he was scheduled to meet three octogenarians in the "City of Excellence," adding: "On my way to Lagos this morning, everywhere was almost flooded. It took me two and a half hours to get to Chief Onabade’s house. I thought I would have got there by 6.30a.m. or quarter to seven.

The former president, who said he was not aware of the reception by the Abeokuta Special Group until Thursday morning, added that he was also to meet leaders of thought from Imo State at his Ota Farm
"Today (Thursday), I have already planned my programme to get to Lagos very early. I had appointments with three octogenarian, whom I promised to visit. My orientation course for the Open University will soon start. It took me two and half hours to get to the house of one of the octogenarians".
While commending the (ASG), whose membership include the Iyalode of Egbaland, Chief Alaba Lawson and former Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, Folorunsho Oke and host others, he urged Nigerians to provide conducive environment for foreign investors.

"We must bend down to carry our load before we can get help from people. We must create conducive environment. An investor particularly, a foreign investor has alternatives. He may come to Nigeria, but he can also go to Ghana or can go to Sierra Leone. "
Whatever we may have, one thing that we may claim to have that others do not have is population, but population alone does not make it. Other things must be added to it. We have to create conducive environment. We have to show that we have something to show to attract investors because they can go to other states."

According to Obasanjo, "any investors who come to Nigeria may decide to go to Anambra State . He may go to Imo State. He may go to Cross Rivers State. He may go to Katsina. He may go to Kano. We have to show that we have something special to offer in Ogun State.
The former president also appealed to Nigerians, particularly those in Ogun State to make land available for industrial development.

His words: "I want to appeal to our people; we may need to make land available for investors. We may need to provide lands for development. Anybody who comes here and makes any form of development on our land wouldn’t carry it away.

"They will also employ our people, pay tax to Federal Government and those people who are workers there would pay income tax to state government. They will buy things. They may even marry our girls.
"I have always told young Nigerians not to just make money alone. Make money just make sure that you spend the money you make here in Nigeria. They asked how they can spend it here and I told them that if you have married one marry another one."

Obasanjo has shown how stupid and idiotic a man he is by making all of these above silly statements.How could someone who was the president some days ago be begging for young men to release land for development or does he mean land for his farm, please what happen to the land use act, thank God Yaradua has been mentioning this of recent.
He should have also made the country conducive for investment when he was in government for 8 year.I am believing that this man has lost it. He had all the funds instead they were sharing crude oil excess.I wish he could suffer more as any other Nigerian
Re: I Sorry For My Country! Obasanjo A Big Shame by dayokanu(m): 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2007
He urged young wealthy Nigerian, who have made money in the country, to spend part of such money by marrying more wives.

Is he now into Paraga drinking, or he has now turned to a love-vendor advertising his wares?
Re: I Sorry For My Country! Obasanjo A Big Shame by Has(m): 6:11pm On Jun 08, 2007
He will soon realize that he has done nothing while in office.
Re: I Sorry For My Country! Obasanjo A Big Shame by Bankole01(m): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2007
"He urged young wealthy Nigerian, who have made money in the country, to spend part of such money by marrying more wives. " a quote from Obasanjo excerpts.

Now we know Obasanjo is deranged and with no one to write his speeches, his true self is being revealed. His reasononig is that if Nigerian's marry many wives, the women will be taken care of. A sort of job and wealth creation.
What a genius idea, eight gbosas to Obasanjo that he managed to come up with a novel idea as this!!!!!

Nigerian genius at work. No wonder Nigeria is fuc***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Sorry For My Country! Obasanjo A Big Shame by Iman3(m): 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2007
"He urged young wealthy Nigerian, who have made money in the country, to spend part of such money by marrying more wives. " a quote from Obasanjo excerpts.

I think its plausible that it was a tongue-in-cheek comment  undecided
Re: I Sorry For My Country! Obasanjo A Big Shame by Bankole01(m): 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2007
I-man:

I think its plausible that it was a tongue-in-cheek comment undecided

I believe this is Obasanjo at his real best. He must have put his thinking cap on!!!!!!
Re: I Sorry For My Country! Obasanjo A Big Shame by debosky(m): 8:36pm On Jun 08, 2007
who cares anyways? he is now a former president, he can talk as much crap as he wants just like the next chicken farmer down the road.

people should stop paying so much attention to the man and let him get on with his farming/schooling
Re: I Sorry For My Country! Obasanjo A Big Shame by denex: 8:44pm On Jun 08, 2007
OBJ, still the same ol' baba Iyabo. Don't mind that man. He knows exactly what he's doing.
If he takes a Helicopter from Ota to Lagos, we will say the man has finished Nigeria's money. He just pull that getting stuck in traffic gimmick so people will look at him as an ordinary Nigerian.

Baba Iyabo is far smarter than you know. In fact, I'm proposing for him to be studied in Universities.
Re: I Sorry For My Country! Obasanjo A Big Shame by Bankole01(m): 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2007
debosky:

who cares anyways? he is now a former president, he can talk as much crap as he wants just like the next chicken farmer down the road.

people should stop paying so much attention to the man and let him get on with his farming/schooling

not every chicken farmers gets to play president. Fraud!!!!!
denex:

OBJ, still the same ol' baba Iyabo. Don't mind that man. He knows exactly what he's doing.
If he takes a Helicopter from Ota to Lagos, we will say the man has finished Nigeria's money. He just pull that getting stuck in traffic gimmick so people will look at him as an ordinary Nigerian.

That means he is a liar and always has been. Fraud!!!!!!!!!419
Re: I Sorry For My Country! Obasanjo A Big Shame by denex: 9:57am On Jun 09, 2007
Yes O! The man is a complete scam. Have you never noticed how he's always diverting attention away from serious matters during press conferences.

Press: Mr. President, how would Nigeria fare in this new internet age considering the facilities and in the country?

OBJ: hmmm. compootah! compootah! Ah! Even my secretary is telling me that she has compootah in her office ,

That is how Baba iyabo avoided us for years.

(1) (Reply)

Inferiority Complex Is Kiiling Nigeria! / When Is Atiku Going To Be Arrested? / Confusion As Pdp, Ad Present Same Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.