Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory (9058 Views)

Power Tariff: Senate Plans Meeting With Minister, Others / APC Senators Reject Electronic Transmission Of Election Results / Senate Passes Bill Allowing Electronic Transmission Of INEC Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by Formation10: 6:59am On Oct 22, 2023
Una done the talk waiting later una go change or see is necessary for presidential election just like last election
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by BluntCrazeMan: 7:01am On Oct 22, 2023
Ok naa..

Let me just say this....

“The Problem With Nigeria Is Not The Absence Of Laws...

It is the Negligence of the existing Laws”.
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by Maj196(m): 7:02am On Oct 22, 2023
Nigeria is a shit show
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by YourKarma: 7:05am On Oct 22, 2023
Bloody shithole country with bloody shithole leaders and bloody shithole citizens.

Una neva ready to progress. This country will keep running round in circles until the unavoidable disintegration

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by diggindeep: 7:06am On Oct 22, 2023
It's still won't make me vote again.
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by BluntCrazeMan: 7:10am On Oct 22, 2023
Let them just realise this simple fact:

“ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION” OF RESULTS TO THE “COLLATION SYSTEM” IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM “UPLOADING” THE PHOTOS OF RESULTS TO THE “IREV”.

They shouldn't be making laws on topics they don't know anything about.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by BluntCrazeMan: 7:12am On Oct 22, 2023
diggindeep:
It's still won't make me vote again.

We understand.

We the Mumu-Part-Of-Nigerians will continue to test their systems until it starts to give us what we want.

Then, we can invite wise guys like you back to start voting again.
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by youngsahito(m): 7:20am On Oct 22, 2023
Inec has nothing to offer only to give excuses to cover their incomplete. That inec chairman needs to be arrested for fraud.
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by DOM7: 7:23am On Oct 22, 2023
Animal farm.
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by aksule(m): 7:23am On Oct 22, 2023
If ever there's going to be any amendment in the electoral laws, the cross carpeting should be out lawed. Once you leave the political party that sponsors you, you go for fresh elections in your new party, or the sponsoring party should nominate anyone to replace the outgoing politician. The present system whereby an elected politicians just abandoned his or her party at will should be discouraged

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by franudi: 7:26am On Oct 22, 2023
INEC is a big problem in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by hefelove(m): 7:27am On Oct 22, 2023
Hello everyone, i am looking for car to driver.
If you have a car for UBER/Bolt. Please contact me if you have a car to rent out.
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by Ikaeniyan0: 7:33am On Oct 22, 2023
Ayor93:

Koshi danu jare. Nobody will complain if the process is fair enough
I was not talking to you, I don't know why you should be this aggressive cause of my comment.

There's no time in the history of Nigeria people have not complain about elections but you're so small to know that

The 2023 presidential election is the best thatbhas been held in Nigeria since 1999.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by juman(m): 7:35am On Oct 22, 2023
Internet across the country is not good to that level.
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by barinedan(m): 7:35am On Oct 22, 2023
Are they just waking slumber?
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:40am On Oct 22, 2023
Which Senate? Is it not prof Jega recommendations.......the Senate in Nigeria I know will wait till 2026 December to start the debate on the electoral law amendments!
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 22, 2023
They will set up committee that will amend the electoral law.Each member will receive millions of Naira as allowance.At the end they will pass rubbish law that will still favour them.
Akpabio is not trustworthy.
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by pquaver(m): 7:45am On Oct 22, 2023
persius555:
INEC is incompetent and not independent . The technology used in electronic voting isn't much different from what you have in your ATM.

If you can trust that the ATM will deliver your hard earned money when you request for it, why the excuse when it comes to e-voting.

Have u not lost ur phone before, and the atm machine paid the thief who is not you?
Without proof for hacking let us stick to our manual simple.. Atiku, obi & co has been trying to hack server since time immemorial
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by AskProf: 7:58am On Oct 22, 2023
Peace092:
please guys, please I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num with faith
0[/color][color=dark]801
G.TBank
My name is Angela Oyom. Almighty God bless you and your family

Are you cursed?

Angel, Angela, Uyom, Oyom, Faith S H, Blessing, Shiando, Angell, Ubi etc is the same and one person, a MALE.

You are ANTHONY M. OKEKE, the scammer, thief, impostor with 10 years experience and 260 monikers.

You operate 18 bank accounts in UBA, Fidelity, First Bank, Kuda, Union Bank, GTB, Stanbic, Opay etc.
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by Alliswell248: 8:01am On Oct 22, 2023
Diaspora voting is a welcome development
My concern is that it should not be extended to Nigerians in prisons there. We all know those whose middle names are drug peddlers, and can't do without drugs. Yet they make the most noise online calling someone who wasn't caught with drugs , a drug baron.

Jokers...
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by Phantom233: 8:06am On Oct 22, 2023
Nigerian politicians are very cunny and corrupt. Same way they're deceived us in the previous elections. If they are sincere, impunity clause must be removed from top political offices especially president. Secondly elections calendars should be adjusted backward to accommodate all litigations before swearing in is done. Most importantly the INEC chairman should not be appointed by the president.
Even if irev is not working, a dedicated whatsapp channel can be used to update and collate the data's from the verified pooling units. Unfortunately Our leaders will never do these things
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by Kei144(m): 8:08am On Oct 22, 2023
The Federal Government knows that most Nigerians will shun the 2027 elections. This "plan" of Senate to make electronic transmission of results manatory may persuade a lot of Nigerians to vote again.
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:19am On Oct 22, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Senate-plans-law-making-electronic-transmission-of-results-mandatory

No electronics voting will beat Tinubu main election strategy

V:vote
S: show agent your ballot paper
C: go to nearby hub and collect your 20k

V.S.C always wins
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by awa(m): 8:28am On Oct 22, 2023
Senate way to distract Nigerians from the SUVs and allowances they are pocketing during this hardship
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by AntiChristian: 8:30am On Oct 22, 2023
Way to go!

Now we agree it wasn't compulsory before!
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:37am On Oct 22, 2023
Shikini:
That would be great. And when that is done, all judicial issues surrounding presidential elections should begin and end at Supreme Court level before swearing in ... as we have in Kenya.

However, I don't see Akpabio mustering the political will to push that through. Besides, President Tinubu is too corrupt with zero-integrity. He will never sign such bill into law.

Bookmark this post, Tinubu's govt will kill it.

do u even understand how nass works Akpabio is just ist amongst equals if majority of Senate reject it Akpabio can't do anything except he wants to be removed and stop comparin Nigeria to Kenya... Why are u pple even obsessed with president position if u want it settle before swearing in what of gorvenor others.. and u think election petition is something u settle in a week??
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:38am On Oct 22, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
When your candidate lose, I hope you won't start another round of wailing by then.
they don't know anything.. it's uploading of results not even electronics transmission
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:40am On Oct 22, 2023
Ayor93:

Koshi danu jare. Nobody will complain if the process is fair enough
na today... Since una Messiah Lost it's not Fair... If Ina like make Ina divide votes amongst PDP LP then be shouting rigging after APC wins
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:41am On Oct 22, 2023
persius555:

What's freewill. You're either using the electronic means or not. This must be stated clearly to avoid any form of ambiguity.

We're are either using the electronic means of transmission of result or not. No in between
there's nothing like electronic transmission what u have is uploading snapped results sheets then manual collation ll still subsist since we are doing manual voting...
Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by drlateef: 8:43am On Oct 22, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Senate-plans-law-making-electronic-transmission-of-results-mandatory

I hope the nitwits in Senate understand that technology can fail. If you tie the hands of INEC to electronic transmission and some hoodlums hack and destroy the software and corrupt the system, election will run into stalemate and further cause chaos in the country. Even advanced societies always resort to manual handling of issues when technology fails.

1 Like

Re: Senate Plans Law Making Electronic Transmission Of Results Mandatory by Ikaeniyan0: 8:47am On Oct 22, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
they don't know anything.. it's uploading of results not even electronics transmission
We will see what the sore losers will cry about in 2027.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport / N32b Pension Fraud Trial: EFCC Seizes 45 Mansions / Photos: Meet Jen Selter, The Woman With 'the Best Butt' On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.