Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Please How Can I Recover My 200k From A Developer? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please How Can I Recover My 200k From A Developer? (302 Views)

How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? / Help! Gurus In The House, How Can I Recover My Gmail Account? / Help To Recover My Adsense Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Can I Recover My 200k From A Developer? by NetBizguy: 9:08am On Oct 22, 2023
Greetings everyone.

Please can anyone here suggest for me how to recover my money from a developer that failed to deliver?

I contacted a developer last two years to develop a ride sharing app like Bolt, we agreed on one million and he sent me invoice and I paid 200k advance. I was going to pay in 3 stages which the first payment is 200k.

This project was going to take around 2 months to complete and he was supposed to show me progress along the line upon which I’d send the 2nd payment, but he never did.

After two months no delivery no message from him, I allowed 2 weeks more before asking him what’s up on the project delivery? He started give me a little more time, before you know it 4 months and that’s when I started feeling uncomfortable and demanded for refund of money as written on the agreement we both signed and shared in pdf over email.

As you already know story has entered it, please give me a little time to source the money, that he already thought he would be delivering the project before I called it shut. He wasn’t interested in delivering the project he just need time so he could pay me back from his statement.

Later on about 6, 7 months of there about, I got an Nft agency and consultation deal, and had to outsource deferent parts of the project. I contacted this guy because he said he’s good with digital art, said he can handle the arts, after like 2 day he sent me a UNIQUE artwork he just drew, said it’s his work, he started from the scratch, only for me to go to google reverse image to find out where he took the image from, the date and the time the image was hosted not just on a website but blockchain. The image was already on chain. Then I know this guy isn’t an honest person.

Please it’s been over 2 years now. I’m thinking, it would cost me a lot to leave for Lagos from where I’m currently and I don’t live in Lagos. I’m thinking if I could get anyone he who lives somewhere close willing to assist me anyhow to get the money and take 20k. That’s what I’m thinking though.

I need advice on how to retrieve this money not in parts but as a whole and without spending not more than 10% in total.

Please advise!
Re: Please How Can I Recover My 200k From A Developer? by iwriteall: 9:14am On Oct 22, 2023
NetBizguy:
Greetings everyone.

Please can anyone here suggest for me how to recover my money from a developer that failed to deliver?

I contacted a developer last two years to develop a ride sharing app like Bolt, we agreed on one million and he sent me invoice and I paid 200k advance. I was going to pay in 3 stages which the first payment is 200k.

This project was going to take around 2 months to complete and he was supposed to show me progress along the line upon which I’d send the 2nd payment, but he never did.

After two months no delivery no message from him, I allowed 2 weeks more before asking him what’s up on the project delivery? He started give me a little more time, before you know it 4 months and that’s when I started feeling uncomfortable and demanded for refund of money as written on the agreement we both signed and shared in pdf over email.

As you already know story has entered it, please give me a little time to source the money, that he already thought he would be delivering the project before I called it shut. He wasn’t interested in delivering the project he just need time so he could pay me back from his statement.

Later on about 6, 7 months of there about, I got an Nft agency and consultation deal, and had to outsource deferent parts of the project. I contacted this guy because he said he’s good with digital art, said he can handle the arts, after like 2 day he sent me a UNIQUE artwork he just drew, said it’s his work, he started from the scratch, only for me to go to google reverse image to find out where he took the image from, the date and the time the image was hosted not just on a website but blockchain. The image was already on chain. Then I know this guy isn’t an honest person.

Please it’s been over 2 years now. I’m thinking, it would cost me a lot to leave for Lagos from where I’m currently and I don’t live in Lagos. I’m thinking if I could get anyone he who lives somewhere close willing to assist me anyhow to get the money and take 20k. That’s what I’m thinking though.

I need advice on how to retrieve this money not in parts but as a whole and without spending not more than 10% in total.

Please advise!
this last line is not possible
I need advice on how to retrieve this money not in parts but
as a whole and without spending not more than 10% in total.
Re: Please How Can I Recover My 200k From A Developer? by jackmrandy: 9:31am On Oct 22, 2023
NetBizguy:
Greetings everyone.

Please advise!

Re: Please How Can I Recover My 200k From A Developer? by NetBizguy: 9:40am On Oct 22, 2023
jackmrandy:

DROP A MAIL.. Verdinglink@tutanota.com

Will respond back with all relevant info needed..

Wetin be this na 😂 share the response here bro, or brief if it’s necessary for private chat then 🤷‍♂️
Re: Please How Can I Recover My 200k From A Developer? by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 22, 2023
NetBizguy:

Wetin be this na 😂 share the response here bro, or brief if it’s necessary for private chat then 🤷‍♂️
You are about to deal with a scammer.
Re: Please How Can I Recover My 200k From A Developer? by jackmrandy: 9:49am On Oct 22, 2023
NetBizguy:

There was no where in your post where you stated if the person you actually contacted was a developer. Note any one can act as a developer.

Secondly you were intelligent enough to do an image search of the arts given to you and you found out where not his work.

So there is more to this...
Re: Please How Can I Recover My 200k From A Developer? by jackmrandy: 9:53am On Oct 22, 2023
Revolution2022:
You are about to deal with a scammer.

Why do you people think it's everyone that is a scammer?

So I should start asking the OP the details of the person publicly? Some things are better done privately oga. But it's not a must he should reach out.

This is a faceless forum and one need to be mindful of certain answers to questions publicly.
Re: Please How Can I Recover My 200k From A Developer? by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 22, 2023
jackmrandy:

Why do you people think it's everyone that is a scammer?

So I should start asking the OP the details of the person publicly? Some things are better done privately oga. But it's not a must he should reach out.

This is a faceless forum and one need to be mindful of certain answers to questions publicly.

This is not your first call.
Re: Please How Can I Recover My 200k From A Developer? by incandescentena: 10:27am On Oct 22, 2023
Revolution2022:
This is not your first call.
grin

You nailed him

(1) (Reply)

Need Help On How To Use Netbeans IDE 8.0.2 For Programming / How To Place Adsense Ads Below Blog Post Title In Blogger For Mobile Version / Professional And Corporate Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.