Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,697 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) (13642 Views)

Court Jails 20 Internet Fraudsters In Benin City (Photos) / EFCC Arrests 22 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Delta State / EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by GuruboiNaija: 9:17am On Oct 22, 2023
The Economic and financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Enugu Zonal Command, has secured the conviction and sentencing of twenty five, 25, internet fraudsters.

The fraudsters were convicted by Justice Nnamdi Dimkpa of the Federal High Court sitting in Awka, the state capital, .ng reports.

They were jailed on Friday, October 13, 2023 after pleading guilty to one–count separate charge bordering on impersonation.

The Convicts are: Kingsley Chekwubechukwu Ngwu, Anthony Emmanuel Ndubuisi, Onyia Chukwuka Christian, Chukwuneke Chibuike Nicholas, Nonso Henry Ozoekwe, John Samuel, Okpe Matthew Chinweike, Kalu Nnachi, Okpe Joachim, Obike Ebuka Boniface, Eze Onyedikachi Kingsley, Ogonna Samuel Okpataku.

Others are: Denis Chigozie, Emmanuel Johnson, Basil Nnaluo Jason, Chidera Shedrack Ugwueke, David Chimerie Ukeje, Christian Nnamdi Jideofor, Osinachi Johnson, Okechukwu Ezeka, Onuorah Johnson, Ekene Christian Obikezie, Emmanuel Chinonso Aleke, Sopuluchukwu Paul Eneje, and Okechukwu Joshua Onah.

One of the count charges reads, “that you Chukwuneke Chibuike Nicholas sometime in 2023 in Enugu, Enugu State, within the jurisdiction of the Honourable Court, fraudulently impersonated one Elizabeth Olsen by means of your iphone 12 pro via a fake facebook account with intend to gain advantage for yourself and to obtain money from unsuspecting foreign nationals and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 22(3)(a) & (b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention etc) Act. 2015 and punishable under Section (22) (4) of the same Act.”

All the 25 defendants pleaded guilty when the charges were read to them.

Based on their pleas, EFCC’s counsels: Ani Michael and Rotimi Ajobiewe prayed the court to convict and sentence them accordingly.

According to .ng, Justice Dimkpa thereafter convicted and sentenced 22 of them to two years imprisonment each, with an option of fine of N200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira only) while Onah, Aleke and Nnachi were cautioned and detained in the court premises for eight hours before they were released.

https://.ng/2023/10/22/court-jails-25-internet-fraudsters-in-anambra-photos/

1 Like

Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by LeoDeKing: 9:23am On Oct 22, 2023
I just checked the 25 names.

They are all igbos.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by livenija: 9:25am On Oct 22, 2023
Better
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by Xscape1993(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2023
Wishing them all the best.....
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by JASONjnr(m): 9:30am On Oct 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:

They are all igbos.

Does that mean that your tribesmen don't indulge in crimes?

You are one of the reasons why this country is divisive....

Crime is crime it has nothing to do with the tribe that committed it.

Try and have sense abeg.

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by zeuss: 9:48am On Oct 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:

They are all igbos.
this nonsense that the FG is allowing will back fire , every week they parade youths of SE as internet fraudsters (many of them are innocent). while internet fraud capital Ogun and ekiti have never had any arrest.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by Urheadmaster(m): 9:51am On Oct 22, 2023
These guys deserves the Guinness book of world records tongue
LeoDeKing:

They are all igbos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by IreneChidi(f): 10:12am On Oct 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:

They are all igbos.
orunneyi

1 Like

Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by Marketgists(f): 10:42am On Oct 22, 2023
Developer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by nifemi25(m): 11:05am On Oct 22, 2023
Sign to recognize a Yahoo boy is dread , putting on over size shirt and sagging... Despite the arrest.. they keep recruiting more members

4 Likes

Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by OGwales(m): 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2023
N
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by Olawade24: 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2023
If you ask me na who I go ask the matter when you see so e plenty for ground. If you ask me na who I go ask.

Kingsley Ngwu

I first taught it was Kingsley ugu. I come say igala no da bear ngwu na once I know say na potopoto I mash. grin

That's bring me to a Nigeria artist lyrics which goes:

Shibiri, shibiri, shibiri, uh
They are talkin' shi-shibiri
Water no get enemy
'Til you fall for Oshimiri
I poto poto my eyes
Ten shots

If you know you know.

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:51pm On Oct 22, 2023
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by jojothaiv(m): 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2023
Saddening..
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by Zico5(m): 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2023
Youths are just wasting away in these country. Hardly can u find any youth not indulging in internet fraud these days. Are these truly the leaders of tomorrow?
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by Checkwell: 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2023
One word ...
LAZY NIGERIAN YOUTHS!
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by PinkNature: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:

They are all igbos.

Don't forget to check the name of the certificate forger.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by YoobaNesan: 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2023
?Land of the billionaires
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by callmevirus(m): 6:09pm On Oct 22, 2023
Arrest and jail politicians first

1 Like

Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by wunmi590(m): 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2023

Alot of youth these days don't want to work again, they want to be living large to the expense of other peoples sweat.

Gone are those days while we were growing up, when people ask us what would you like to become our response is either a pilot or a medical doctor..

But when you ask same youth of today, the answer is either a politician or a yahoo boy, alot of things is wrong woth outer system which needs urgent attention, before other generations unborn will join the train...

Government should make sure they do their part, and the people too should work rigorously to make sure they do their positive part in the society...

Killaboi, which nobody knows his true livelihood killed a whole human being and ran away and be enjoying his life as if nothing happened..
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by theophorus(m): 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2023
This is Good.
Make dem pack these fraud people commot for ground make we see road pass.

NB: Nobody should check name ooo. We understand say na their home dem for meet dem.
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by Olawade24: 6:12pm On Oct 22, 2023
Travel Blog for sale!!!
Details of the blog as follows:
6 months old
.com domain
About 80 post
Hosted on blogger
Below is the analytics

Whatsap - 070-190-88-242

Note: Reason for selling is that I have a big project am handling and I just want to relieve myself of some of my niche blogs to reduce my work load

Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by akwesenana: 6:13pm On Oct 22, 2023
Boys go collect 2k USD come pay fine of 2h USD, lol.
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by akwesenana: 6:14pm On Oct 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:

They are all igbos.
Seun, nplfmod et al, you guys said something about fighting tribalism on Nairaland.
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by Confirmedzombie: 6:15pm On Oct 22, 2023
Court jails obedients. This same guys are all obi supporters.

They swindle people and make donations to Peter obi.

Let's wait for obi to react on this
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by phemray(m): 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:

They are all igbos.

This is not the problem, the issue is our constitution that encourage fraud as a business same way kidnaping was made to become business since 2008 till date. Imagine to pay 200k fine. Someone that has fraud many to collect millions.

It means they are being encouraged to fraud more, plead guilty and pay 200k, go home with balance. Nonsense judgement!!
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by NaijaCover(m): 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2023
Nawa o

Is Speechless
Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by Bobxin: 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2023
JASONjnr:

Does that mean that your tribesmen don't indulge in crimes?

You are one of the reasons why this country is divisive....

Crime is crimez it has nothing to do with the rltribr that committed it.

Try and have sense abeg.

No matter how much you reiterate this and no matter How long you do, they'd never stop, this tribalism has eaten so deep, just the way racism has in the western world. It's Life!
Live it!!
Love it!!!

1 Like

Re: Court Jails 25 Internet Fraudsters In Anambra (Photos) by uniquelyspecial(m): 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:

They are all igbos.
Congrats.
We just checked you brain and found that ...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mass Robbery In Auchi, Edo State? / 3 Arrested Attempting To Kidnap Ex-miss Nigeria / Soldier Arrested For Stabbing A Motorcyclist In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.