Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,190 members, 7,835,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please (790 Views)

Between Lexus ES330 03-06 And Camry 08-10 / Between Honda Evil Sporit And Mercedes C240 4matic / Between Honda (evil Spirit) And Toyota Camry ( Muscle) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by Sunmars: 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2023
Now before you start lambasting me to go and search out previous threads on this, I have already done so.
Also, some of those responses were done a while ago when those cars may not have been better understood and I'm sure some folks may have gained one or two new experiences over the years
I am stuck between a Nigerian used honda accord o6/ 07 and a Camry 2000/2001.
Na wetin my hand go fit reach I wan go for.

The car will be used as a daily driver to and from work. My office is not far away but it's becoming imperative I get a car for business and family.
There will be no long distance journey except once or twice in a year to my villa in the East
Btw, I reside in Delta state so I don't think part is a problem.
I just want a car without too much drama and wahala and too much costly maintenance issues.
The road in my neighborhood is not too bad though.
My heart say honda because of its look and prestige but I'm wary of the transmission even though I heard it was improved in the 06 models. Another issue for me is that it seems to get old quickly and tend to lose shape ( my impression though)

My head says camry on the other hand. It's seems more rugged but too common and a much older model. I tend to see them everywhere I turn. The suspension is another niggles.
I heard it has a better AC than the honda though?

Please brothers kindly share your first hand experience so as to help me settle for one and make my son happy

Sorry for boring you with this lengthy epistle.
Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by Cruise777: 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2023
From my experience from EOD 04 I actually don't understand why people complain about Honda and suspension

Excellent transmission and suspension

1 Like

Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by goodnewscliff(m): 4:55pm On Oct 22, 2023
Cruise777:
From my experience from EOD 04 I actually don't understand why people complain about Honda and suspension

Excellent transmission and suspension
pls give me more details, thats d car i plan on buying months from now
Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by Cruise777: 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2023
goodnewscliff:
pls give me more details, thats d car i plan on buying months from now

Four plugs, cheap parts, very low fuel consumption similar to Toyota Camry 04

Good for Uber and transport

My only problem is theif stealing my battery until I welded a shaft on it

A good car for a first timer
Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by soberdrunk(m): 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2023
Sunmars:
Now before you start lambasting me to go and search out previous threads on this, I have already done so.
Also, some of those responses were done a while ago when those cars may not have been better understood and I'm sure some folks may have gained one or two new experiences over the years

The car will be used as a daily driver to and from work. My office is not far away but it's becoming imperative I get a car for business and family.
There will be no long distance journey except once or twice in a year to my villa in the East
I just want a car without too much drama and wahala and too much costly maintenance issues.
My heart say honda because of its look and prestige but I'm wary of the transmission even though I heard it was improved in the 06 models. Another issue for me is that it seems to get old quickly and tend to lose shape ( my impression though)

My head says camry on the other hand. It's seems more rugged but too common and a much older model. I tend to see them everywhere I turn. The suspension is another niggles.

Please brothers kindly share your first hand experience so as to help me settle for one and make my son happy

The truth is no car is a "bad" car, they just require different levels of care and attention. If you have a good 'maintenance culture" you can go for the EOD but if you are like us that like to ignore noises every now and then to cut cost then the Toyota is your best friend............

3 Likes

Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by Danfederal: 5:12pm On Oct 22, 2023
I personally prefer honda, Toyota is over rated, honda engines don't die quick really, unlike toyota, for suspension issue, once you can maintain it and change when due, then you don't have a prob.

see what these students did at the lekki conservation centre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1aYRnskgfI

1 Like

Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by IreneChidi(f): 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2023
Cruise777:

Four plugs, cheap parts, very low fuel consumption similar to Toyota Camry 04

Good for Uber and transport

My only problem is theif stealing my battery until I welded a shaft on it

A good car for a first timer
I'm watching you

Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by Musty4ahmed1: 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2023
If you want rest of mind, go for Toyota camry 2001, the car is very rugged with good engine, low fuel consumption. Note I have used Honda EOD before, most EOD engine smokes after some years, and fuel consumption is higher than Camry not too rugged like Camry.

1 Like

Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by Musty4ahmed1: 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2023
soberdrunk:

The truth is no car is a "bad" car, they just require different levels of care and attention. If you have a good 'maintenance culture" you can go for the EOD but if you are like us that like to ignore noises every now and then to cut cost then the Toyota is your best friend............
Camry is very reliable, it tolerates a lot of abuse than the EOD, the car is for average income earners.

1 Like

Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by Sunmars: 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2023
Oga nurey come in. I see you
Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by Sunmars: 6:12pm On Oct 22, 2023
Musty4ahmed1:
If you want rest of mind, go for Toyota camry 2001, the car is very rugged with good engine, low fuel consumption. Note I have used Honda EOD before, most EOD engine smokes after some years, and fuel consumption is higher than Camry not too rugged like Camry.
Just hearing this engine smoking for the first time. I used to think honda builds the best engine
Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by nurey(m): 6:14pm On Oct 22, 2023
Sunmars:

The major problem with the camry is it can be stolen whole. As in you will park and within 10mins or less it would be driven away whole because it doesn't have a smart key. It is the No 1 thief magnet followed by uber corolla.
Then suspension wahala in bad roads, toyota is master of that as most part you will see are tokunbo in its last leg or low quality new parts from china.

The accord is good but requires more maintenance and care than the camry, you should change transmission fluid every 2years atmost Forsythe accord and yes the transmission is not as solid as the camry but the 05/06/07 accord transmission is better than that of the 03 and 04. The 4cylinder in the accord is one of the strongest engine you can have in a car and the parts are cheap. It is also bullet proof like mad. For me just focus on the shaft of the accord, nah that one can fall your hand but my 6years of owning a 06 accord I never had shaft issues. Other issues are minor

2 Likes

Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by Sunmars: 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2023
nurey:

The major problem with the camry is it can be stolen whole. As in you will park and within 10mins or less it would be driven away whole because it doesn't have a smart key. It is the No 1 thief magnet followed by uber corolla.
Then suspension wahala in bad roads, toyota is master of that as most part you will see are tokunbo in its last leg or low quality new parts from china.

The accord is good but requires more maintenance and care than the camry, you should change transmission fluid every 2years atmost Forsythe accord and yes the transmission is not as solid as the camry but the 05/06/07 accord transmission is better than that of the 03 and 04. The 4cylinder in the accord is one of the strongest engine you can have in a car and the parts are cheap. It is also bullet proof like mad. For me just focus on the shaft of the accord, nah that one can fall your hand but my 6years of owning a 06 accord I never had shaft issues. Other issues are minor
Thanks boss. You are tilting towards honda

1 Like

Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by Michael547(m): 7:48am On Oct 25, 2023
Sunmars:

I do computerised professional car Pre-purchase inspection anywhere in the southwest incase you need my service. Contact me on 08167469103
Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by 4ward4: 9:56pm On Oct 26, 2023
Sunmars:

Just hearing this engine smoking for the first time. I used to think honda builds the best transmission

Honda does and are still doing.Both in transmission and Engine, Honda engineers are Miles ahead,just ensure you get a good buy and an untempered engine and gear...
Honda parts are pretty cheaper, but in this comparison, the Honda is of much recent and definitely its part will be more expensive than the camry

1 Like

Re: Between Honda Accord 06 And Camry 2001: Your Honest Review Please by Sunmars: 11:41pm On Oct 26, 2023
4ward4:

Honda does and are still doing.Both in transmission and Engine, Honda engineers are Miles ahead,just ensure you get a good buy and an untempered engine and gear...
Honda parts are pretty cheaper, but in this comparison, the Honda is of much recent and definitely its part will be more expensive than the camry
Tnx bro

(1) (Reply)

Commercial Transport Operators In Lagos State To Re-register Their Vehicles / Car / Raminator: The World's Fastest Monster Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.