Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

My Landlord Wants To Sell His House Yet He Wants Tenants To Pay Rent. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Wants To Sell His House Yet He Wants Tenants To Pay Rent. (215 Views)

Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / My Landlord Wants Me To Pay A Debt I Didn't Accrue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlord Wants To Sell His House Yet He Wants Tenants To Pay Rent. by Frankel7(m): 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2023
Pls lawyers in the house I need some urgent advice.
I rented an apartment (A room& Parlour Self Con)September 2022. Now my rent is due & my landlord is on my neck & some other tenants too to pay our rent or he will throw us out even as he confirmed that the house is up for sale.
I heard about the sale of the property so I asked him & he authoritatively told me on voice note & WhatsApp message that he has been meaning to sell the property even before I rented it last year.
When I asked him what's my fate if the house get sold b4 my rent expires,he said he will refund me for the remaining months....
My fear is.... what if he fails to refound.?
Do I still get some months, at least 6months so sort out another apartment?
I have a family of five to carter for..
Pls Lawyers in this platform should pls advice me on how to proceed...
Thanks
Re: My Landlord Wants To Sell His House Yet He Wants Tenants To Pay Rent. by wittywriter: 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2023
Which state...?

Wittyness.
Re: My Landlord Wants To Sell His House Yet He Wants Tenants To Pay Rent. by sedIoyol(m): 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2023
Frankel7:
Pls lawyers in the house I need some urgent advice.
I rented an apartment (A room& Parlour Self Con)September 2022. Now my rent is due & my landlord is on my neck & some other tenants too to pay our rent or he will throw us out even as he confirmed that the house is up for sale.
I heard about the sale of the property so I asked him & he authoritatively told me on voice note & WhatsApp message that he has been meaning to sell the property even before I rented it last year.
When I asked him what's my fate if the house get sold b4 my rent expires,he said he will refund me for the remaining months....
My fear is.... what if he fails to refound.?
Do I still get some months, at least 6months so sort out another apartment?
I have a family of five to carter for..
Pls Lawyers in this platform should pls advice me on how to proceed...
Thanks
if you pay yearly , you could split the house rent into two , pay half of it which is 6months you should be safe with that.
Re: My Landlord Wants To Sell His House Yet He Wants Tenants To Pay Rent. by Mhizzard(m): 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2023
Can't find another abode??if you are not careful the man will sell you people alongside with his house.
Re: My Landlord Wants To Sell His House Yet He Wants Tenants To Pay Rent. by Danfederal: 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2023
No gree ooo, you can take him to human rights

see what these students did at the lekki conservation centre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1aYRnskgfI
Re: My Landlord Wants To Sell His House Yet He Wants Tenants To Pay Rent. by Artiiclebeast: 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2023
Lol
Re: My Landlord Wants To Sell His House Yet He Wants Tenants To Pay Rent. by Frankel7(m): 5:43pm On Oct 22, 2023
Which state...?

Wittyness.

Lagos state oo
Re: My Landlord Wants To Sell His House Yet He Wants Tenants To Pay Rent. by Frankel7(m): 5:45pm On Oct 22, 2023
Lagos state oo
Re: My Landlord Wants To Sell His House Yet He Wants Tenants To Pay Rent. by Frankel7(m): 8:19pm On Oct 22, 2023
Am paying yearly,I offered to pay for 6 months,he said no.
Only will accept full year's payment.

(1) (Reply)

Critique Floor Plan For A 4 Bedroom Bungalow / Experience Tranquil Luxury At Square Dot Apartments In Bonny, Rivers State / Household Items For Declutter In Lagos By TOKUNBOGOODIES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.