Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,845 members, 7,844,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

I Dont Want To Go To Heaven - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont Want To Go To Heaven (1537 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? / Prophet Samuel S.T Olaluwoya: 9 Things That Can Not Get You To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by BadPanda: 8:59pm On Oct 24, 2023
Ken4Christ:

As humans but with a glorified body that doesn't die. It will never be sick also.

Humans have flesh and blood.
If you want to inherit God's kingdom in heaven, you are to no longer be a human.
1Cor.15:50

And I'll point you to Isa. 33:24
"No resident will say 'I am sick' "
In chapter 65:20-25
It shows what blessings God's people will enjoy on this earth. Like building houses, planting, bearing children, and animals playing together and living in peace.
All these will happen to those who have the earthly hope that Jesus promises at Matthew 5:5
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2023
BadPanda:

Humans have flesh and blood.
If you want to inherit God's kingdom in heaven, you are to no longer be a human.
1Cor.15:50

And I'll point you to Isa. 33:24
"No resident will say 'I am sick' "
In chapter 65:20-25
It shows what blessings God's people will enjoy on this earth. Like building houses, planting, bearing children, and animals playing together and living in peace.
All these will happen to those who have the earthly hope that Jesus promises at Matthew 5:5

The resurrected body is no longer flesh and blood but flesh and bones sustained by the Spirit of God.

So, it's the same set of believers who made heaven that will come back to the earth to reign with Jesus. There is nothing like earthly hope. This is the deceptive teaching of Jehovah Witness organization.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by BadPanda: 10:40pm On Oct 24, 2023
Ken4Christ:

The resurrected body is no longer flesh and blood but flesh and bones...

Dude where did you read that
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 9:05am On Oct 25, 2023
BadPanda:

Dude where did you read that

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not FLESH AND BONES, as ye see me have.

Jesus told Thomas Dydimus that he has flesh and bones. That he is not a spirit.

The resurrected body is not sustained by blood. It is sustainef by the very life of God.

We too will no longer have blood after resurrection. But we will have flesh and bones. As such we are no longer ordinary humans but supernatural being sustained with the very life of God.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Michael547(m): 10:39am On Oct 25, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not FLESH AND BONES, as ye see me have.

Jesus told Thomas Dydimus that he has flesh and bones. That he is not a spirit.

The resurrected body is not sustained by blood. It is sustainef by the very life of God.

We too will no longer have blood after resurrection. But we will have flesh and bones. As such we are no longer ordinary humans but supernatural being sustained with the very life of God.
Ok....so if Jesus was not a spirit, how was he able to appear and disappear from the midst of his disciples and even enter into a locked room? Why do his disciples not readily recognize him anytime he appears to them?
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2023
Michael547:

Ok....so if Jesus was not a spirit, how was he able to appear and disappear from the midst of his disciples and even enter into a locked room? Why do his disciples not readily recognize him anytime he appears to them?

He is able to disappear and appear at will because he has a glorified body.

How did he ascend to heaven? He ascended to heaven before the very eyes of those standing by. This is the difference between the glorified body and the ordinary human body.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Michael547(m): 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2023
Ken4Christ:

He is able to disappear and appear at will because he has a glorified body.

How did he ascend to heaven? He ascended to heaven before the very eyes of those standing by. This is the difference between the glorified body and the ordinary human body.
So did angels in the time of Abraham and lot that came to earth and appeared to humans and even ate food, did they have a glorified body? Were the angels spirit or humans with flesh and bone?
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by capnies: 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2023
Gafferde:

For me, I don’t know why people fantasize about going to heaven.

To sing, and worship forever? No day, no night, no improvements, no growth, no need for food, no sex, no pain, no motivation, nothing… just an unending sessions of people wearing whites garments singing around.

Sing for the first 10 years. Not tiring. Then sing another 2956 billion years. Nothing special. It sounds robotic and monotonous.

Heaven doesn’t sound like anything interesting to me. It may be a great venue for you. To each is own. If I should choose, I will prefer to stay dead when I die… I want to decay, and turn to elements of the earth.

I am not interested in heaven or hell. They are both bizzare and weird. In one you burn and cry without end. In the other, you rejoice without end.

Extreme cases. If they exist, I am not interested.

Of course, I would change my stance if I see a better explanation. But for now… the description of heaven is a very boring place.

#think

Cc. Ifeanyi eze

THANK YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHTS, WELL I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT GOD DID NOT CREATE HEAVEN FOR HUMANS; HELL IS A PLACE OF DARKNESS NO FIRE IN HELL REV. 20:14 DON'T MIND WHAT OUR CLERGIES PREACH PORTRAYING OUR GOD AS HEARTLESS, WICKED AND DESTRUCTIVE. AS YOU RIGHTLY SAID, IF YOU DIE IN SIN YOU ARE GONE FOREVER, YOU DECAY AND THAT ENDS YOU EZEKIEL 18:4, WHEN YOU DIE YOU KNOW NOTHING THAT IS THE END OF YOU. BUT IF YOU TRY TO LIVE A LIFE THAT PLEASES THE CREATOR WHEN YOU DIE GOD WILL WAKE YOU UP AGAIN TO LIVE ON THIS SAME EARTH, RENEWED FOR FAITHFUL HUMANS AND YOU WILL NOT DIE AGAIN REV 20:6
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by capnies: 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2023
Wujio:

Jehovah witness and pile of junk. Always too quick to load pile of thrash under the guise of having sacred wisdom. When you cant interprete God accurately how can you tell.about His decrees and ordinaces. Get away from my mention

I DON'T THINK IT HAS GOTTEN TO THAT, ALL I EXPECT YOU DO IS USE YOUR BIBLE TO COUNTER WHAT HE IS SAYING. BIBLE IS OUR GUIDE ANYTHING YOU SAY WITHOUT BIBLE BACKING IS THE TRASH. QUOTE THE BIBLE INTERPRET IT THATS ALL. DON'T USE INSULTS TO COVER TRUTH. PROVE YOUR POINT WITH REFERENCES AND WE ARE GOOD TO GO.
MOST OF US THINK THAT WHAT ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO, KUMUYI, IBIYOMIE ETC ARE SAYING ARE FINAL SORRY THERE ARE NOT, MOST OF THEIR TEACHINGS ARE FALSE, I MEAN FALSE SO READ THE BIBLE YOURSELF AND TELL GOD TO GUIDE YOU.
THE BIBLE TELLS US THAT THE GOD OF THIS WORLD HAS BLINDED THEIR MINDS THAT THEY WILL NOT SEE THE TRUTH THAT IS GOD'S WORD.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by capnies: 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
Michael547:

Oh ok......so would we be on Earth as humans or angels?

AS HUMANS WITH GLORYFIED BODIES. A BODY THAT CAN PASS THROUGH WALLS OR DECIDE TO PASS THROUGH THE DOOR. JUST LIKE JESUS WHEN GE RESURRECTED
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Michael547(m): 4:34pm On Oct 25, 2023
capnies:

AS HUMANS WITH GLORYFIED BODIES. A BODY THAT CAN PASS THROUGH WALLS OR DECIDE TO PASS THROUGH THE DOOR. JUST LIKE JESUS WHEN GE RESURRECTED
After Jesus resurrection, was he spirit or human?
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by BadPanda: 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2023
@Ken4Christ

"Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not FLESH AND BONES, as ye see me have.

Jesus told Thomas Dydimus that he has flesh and bones. That he is not a spirit."

This, you explained perfectly. Jesus was differentiating between a spirit person and a human. The disciples were frightened and thought they had just seen a spirit. Jesus said a spirit does not have flesh and bones. But he does.

Then you said;

"The resurrected body is not sustained by blood. It is sustained by the very life of God."

What scriptural reference work did you get this statement from?
How the resurrected body is no longer sustained by Blood but by God's spirit, where did you see that in your Bible?

And what of the "flesh" in the "flesh and bones"?
1Cor.15:50 says that "FLESH and BLOOD cannot inherit God's Kingdom".
From what you are saying it may mean that we will all have to be walking around in skeletons. (joking tho grin )

"We too will no longer have blood after resurrection. But we will have flesh and bones. As such we are no longer ordinary humans but supernatural being sustained with the very life of God."

You have not given any scripture to back up the claim.
That verse alone cannot hold all these statements that you just made.

When Jesus said "Flesh and Bones", it obviously includes blood. You have heard of other instances where this phrase is also used to emphasize the person's physical existence.
"I saw him in Flesh and Bones!!!".

What do you think Jesus' listeners - the disciples - understood from that statement?
"
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by BadPanda: 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2023
Michael547:

Jesus could dematerialize into spirit form and materialize into human form at will. Likely he got this ability especially after his resurrection. Maybe he did have it all along but with no use cases for it except maybe the time at a synagogue in Nazareth when people tried to kill Jesus but he escaped.(Luk. 4:28-30). Just saying, but he could have used a more cunning method
Thus he could move through physical objects at will. The disciples could not see him coming.

As to why they couldn't recognize him, he appeared to them in a human form that they couldn't recognize, either that or he just shielded them from recognizing him. Maybe with a hoodie or more supernatural means. He can definitely do that.
Either way he obviously made sure that in the end they would know who it was and this gave his disciples a memorable reaction.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2023
Michael547:

So did angels in the time of Abraham and lot that came to earth and appeared to humans and even ate food, did they have a glorified body? Were the angels spirit or humans with flesh and bone?

Angels are ministering spirits with flesh and bones.

It's only God the Father and the Holy Spirit who has no flesh and bone.

We humans are also spirit beings but with physical body sustained by blood.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 11:00pm On Oct 25, 2023
BadPanda:
@Ken4Christ

"Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not FLESH AND BONES, as ye see me have.

Jesus told Thomas Dydimus that he has flesh and bones. That he is not a spirit."

This, you explained perfectly. Jesus was differentiating between a spirit person and a human. The disciples were frightened and thought they had just seen a spirit. Jesus said a spirit does not have flesh and bones. But he does.

Then you said;

"The resurrected body is not sustained by blood. It is sustained by the very life of God."

What scriptural reference work did you get this statement from?
How the resurrected body is no longer sustained by Blood but by God's spirit, where did you see that in your Bible?

And what of the "flesh" in the "flesh and bones"?
1Cor.15:50 says that "FLESH and BLOOD cannot inherit God's Kingdom".
From what you are saying it may mean that we will all have to be walking around in skeletons. (joking tho grin )

"We too will no longer have blood after resurrection. But we will have flesh and bones. As such we are no longer ordinary humans but supernatural being sustained with the very life of God."

You have not given any scripture to back up the claim.
That verse alone cannot hold all these statements that you just made.

When Jesus said "Flesh and Bones", it obviously includes blood. You have heard of other instances where this phrase is also used to emphasize the person's physical existence.
"I saw him in Flesh and Bones!!!".

What do you think Jesus' listeners - the disciples - understood from that statement?
"

Jesus already shed his blood. So, his new body is sustained by the Spirit of life and not by blood.

We too will receive the same glorified body after resurrection.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by BadPanda: 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2023
capnies:

Jesus was not the only one spoken of that can do supernatural things. Remember the angels sent to Abraham and Lot. (Genesis 18 & 19)
You can say their bodies behaved the same way the resurrected Jesus' did. (The Bible calls them men. Look it up).
Though being angels, they adopted physical bodies so that other people can see them. Hey they even ate and drank with the bodies. But when the corrupt people of Sodom threatened to rape them, the angels went out and struck them with blindness.
And after completing their mission, they obviously reverted back to spirit form and left. Just as Jesus did.

It does not mean that all humans will then have human bodies that can walk through walls. You have to be a spirit to do so and after Jesus' resurrection, he was ready to present the value of his blood, the ransom sacrifice that would save mankind from sin and death. Thus he had a spirit body ready for him when it was time for him to go to meet his Father.
In the future, when God's servants pass through the Great Tribulation and i Armageddon into the new world, they and those resurrected will live on earth with flesh, bones and blood.
This was the hope of many faithful servants of God in ancient times like Job in Job 33:24,25:

"Then God shows him favor and says,
'Spare him from going down into the grave!
I have a ransom!
Let his FLESH become fresher than in youth;
Let him return to the days of his youthful vigor'".

King David too had faith in such promises.
He said in Psalms 37:11,29
"But the meek will possess the earth,
And they will live find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
...And they will live forever on it."

And notice that Acts 2:34 says that "David did not ascend to the heavens" after he died.
He's waiting along with the rest of the dead for Jesus' "voice" so he will "come out" to the resurrection of life.
Genesis says that God saw the body that he created for humans and every other thing that he created and saw that it was "good".
If something is good, then why remove it for another body?
The only reason that we have sickness and so much medical complications in the human body, and ultimately death is because of the sin of our first parents.
Romans 5:12 says at through Adam sin entered into the world and death through sin. And it spread to all men.
Our bodies are built to live on forever. Ask scientists, they'll tell you. The issue is the curse that we all inherited. Once removed through Jesus ransom sacrifice, there will be nothing stopping us from living on forever.
Wetin blood do God wey Him no need am again?
When you say "Humans with glorified bodies", you better have a good scripture or scriptures to back that up.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by BadPanda: 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Jesus already shed his blood. So, his new body is sustained by the Spirit of life and not by blood.

We too will receive the same glorified body after resurrection.

Then I ask again, where is proof of such concept?
Bible portions?
You need solid proof.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Michael547(m): 11:26pm On Oct 25, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Angels are ministering spirits with flesh and bones.

It's only God the Father and the Holy Spirit who has no flesh and bone.

Please where does the Bible indicate that angels are spirit with flesh and bones?
Remember you said that Jesus was not a spirit and that was why he had flesh and bone.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by BadPanda: 12:44am On Oct 26, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Take note in the account of the creation of man at Gen. 2:7 God brought man up from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the "breath of life".
We see that the only external thing that was given to the first man that is ever recorded is the "breath of life".
And take note of this twist. It then says:
"And the man became a living person"
The original Hebrew translation to that is "living soul".
In other words, "man became a living soul". Not that man has a soul. But man is a soul.
This "soul" in the scripture portray that:
-The soul is not a spirit but the man himself with the body that God created from dust.
-The soul can die as the verse stresses the phrase "living soul".
More evidence to support that is found at
Ezekiel 18:4&20 where it says plainly:
"...the soul who sins is the one who will die."
There are many, many Bible references that prove that the soul is not immortal. It can die. It is the man himself.
Take a few:
Gen.19:19,20; Nu.23:10; Jg. 5:18; 16:16,30; Matt. 2:20; 26:38; John 2:5 Acts 3:23.

All these scriptures at the very least show what the people who spoke it understood about the word "soul" and "spirit".
The soul is very mortal and can die because it is of course the man himself.
The spirit is God's being along with all creatures living in the spirit realm. They would need spirit bodies. Flesh and blood (and bones obviously) can't enter heaven.

This misunderstanding was first held by the pagans like the Egyptians, Babylonians, Greeks and Romans who believed in life after death.
God's servants of old did not believe that doctrine. (Psalms 146:4; Eccl. 9:5,6)
It was later when philosophies from people like Plato, Aristotle, Socrates and others infiltrated the Christian Congregation about the Second Century C.E, that such teachings and many others became more rampant.
(Col. 2:8; Heb.13:9).
Jesus and the apostles warned about this. (Matt. 24:11; 1Tim 4:1; 2Peter 2:1)
Do thorough research on your teaching so as not to be misled.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by MightySparrow: 5:21am On Oct 26, 2023
Gafferde:

For me, I don’t know why people fantasize about going to heaven.

To sing, and worship forever? No day, no night, no improvements, no growth, no need for food, no sex, no pain, no motivation, nothing… just an unending sessions of people wearing whites garments singing around.

Sing for the first 10 years. Not tiring. Then sing another 2956 billion years. Nothing special. It sounds robotic and monotonous.

Heaven doesn’t sound like anything interesting to me. It may be a great venue for you. To each is own. If I should choose, I will prefer to stay dead when I die… I want to decay, and turn to elements of the earth.

I am not interested in heaven or hell. They are both bizzare and weird. In one you burn and cry without end. In the other, you rejoice without end.

Extreme cases. If they exist, I am not interested.

Of course, I would change my stance if I see a better explanation. But for now… the description of heaven is a very boring place.

#think

Cc. Ifeanyi eze

Become a Muslim, all yo seek in an ideal heaven are in Al - Jaanah. You will Bleep tire. Women you didn't have opportunity for in this life. Plenty of alcohol and partying.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by BadPanda: 6:31am On Oct 26, 2023
LordReed:

Human beings like to fantasize about perfection and heaven was one of those fantasies that has persisted but just as you are seeing the concept is an incomprehensible one that anybody who thinks a little about it will be repulsed but the religious garb around it prevents any real push back. The mere idea of an unchanging eternal existence should be repulsive to the human mind because humans are conditioned by change to anticipate and compensate for change, an existence where nothing changes is going to warp the human mind in ways I think will lead to insanity.

Ecclesiastes 3:11 says that God has "put eternity in our hearts".
That verse alone contradicts your statement.
Humans were always destined to grasp the concept of eternity.
If Adam and Eve hadn't eaten the fruit, then humans would have.
Humans were always meant to live forever. Death just came in later as punishment for disobedience. (Romans 5:12; 6:23)
God says that soon He will "swallow up death forever". (Isa. 25:8 ).
Death will be brought to nothing (1Cor. 15:26; Rev. 21:4).

Do better research.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by LordReed(m): 7:34am On Oct 26, 2023
BadPanda:

Ecclesiastes 3:11 says that God has "put eternity in our hearts".
That verse alone contradicts your statement.
Humans were always destined to grasp the concept of eternity.
If Adam and Eve hadn't eaten the fruit, then humans would have.
Humans were always meant to live forever. Death just came in later as punishment for disobedience. (Romans 5:12; 6:23)
God says that soon He will "swallow up death forever". (Isa. 25:8 ).
Death will be brought to nothing (1Cor. 15:26; Rev. 21:4).

Do better research.

LoLz. What makes you think I believe your book of favourite Jewish mythologies?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 7:38am On Oct 26, 2023
BadPanda:

Take note in the account of the creation of man at Gen. 2:7 God brought man up from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the "breath of life".
We see that the only external thing that was given to the first man that is ever recorded is the "breath of life".
And take note of this twist. It then says:
"And the man became a living person"
The original Hebrew translation to that is "living soul".
In other words, "man became a living soul". Not that man has a soul. But man is a soul.
This "soul" in the scripture portray that:
-The soul is not a spirit but the man himself with the body that God created from dust.
-The soul can die as the verse stresses the phrase "living soul".
More evidence to support that is found at
Ezekiel 18:4&20 where it says plainly:
"...the soul who sins is the one who will die."
Here are many, many Bible references that prove that the soul is not immortal. It can die. It is the man himself.
Take a few:
Gen.19:19,20; Nu.23:10; Jg. 5:18; 16:16,30; Matt. 2:20; 26:38; John 2:5 Acts 3:23.

All these scriptures at the very least show what the people who spoke it understood about the word "soul" and "spirit".
The soul is very mortal and can die because it is of course the man himself.
The spirit is God's being along with all creatures living in the spirit realm. They would need spirit bodies. Flesh and blood (and bones obviously) can't enter heaven.

This misunderstanding was first held by the pagans like the Egyptians, Babylonians, Greeks and Romans who believed in life after death.
God's servants of old did not believe that doctrine. (Psalms 146:4; Eccl. 9:5,6)
It was later when philosophies from people like Plato, Aristotle, Socrates and others infiltrated the Christian Congregation about the Second Century C.E, that such teachings and many others became more rampant.
(Col. 2:8; Heb.13:9).
Jesus and the apostles warned about this. (Matt. 24:11; 1Tim 4:1; 2Peter 2:1)
Do thorough research on your teaching so as not to be misled.

Why did Paul mention, our spirit, soul and body?

Why did Hebrews 4:12 say that God's word can separate the spirit and soul?

The word soul is used in different context in the Bible.

There is the immortal soul which is the seat of reasoning, will and emotion.

The soul is also used to represent the total man. For instance, if we say, 10 souls died in an accident, it also means, ten people died.

Get my Book, 'The Total Man' to clearly understand what I am saying.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 7:42am On Oct 26, 2023
Michael547:

Please where does the Bible indicate that angels are spirit with flesh and bones?
Remember you said that Jesus was not a spirit and that was why he had flesh and bone.

Yes, I said Jesus is not a spirit. But he is a spirit being with a soul and has flesh and bones.

Angels have flesh and bones because they eat and they have been seen by people from time to time.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Michael547(m): 8:33am On Oct 26, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Yes, I said Jesus is not a spirit. But he is a spirit being with a soul and has flesh and bones.

Angels have flesh and bones because they eat and they have been seen by people from time to time.
1)Lol.. ..how can you turn around and say again that Jesus is a spirit with flesh and bone? Are you not contradicting yourself?
2) where does the Bible teach that angels were created with flesh and bones ? Where angels made from the dust of the earth like man?

1 Like

Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Michael547(m): 8:34am On Oct 26, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Why did Paul mention, our spirit, soul and body?

Why did Hebrews 4:12 say that God's word can separate the spirit and soul?

The word soul is used in different context in the Bible.

There is the immortal soul which is the seat of reasoning, will and emotion.

The soul is also used to represent the total man. For instance, if we say, 10 souls died in an accident, it also means, ten people died.

Get my Book, 'The Total Man' to clearly understand what I am saying.
Please where does the Bible state that the reasoning, will and emotion of a man is immortal?
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 12:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
Michael547:

1)Lol.. ..how can you turn around and say again that Jesus is a spirit with flesh and bone? Are you not contradicting yourself?
2) where does the Bible teach that angels were created with flesh and bones ? Where angels made from the dust of the earth like man?

It's not a turn around. Every human being is a spirit, has a soul and lives in a body. But there are spirits without bodies. It is in that sense I said that Jesus is not a spirit.

Your spirit is called the inward man. In another place, it's called, the inner man. Your body is just the house your spirit lives in.

Remember that God is a Spirit and we are made in his image and likeness. So, we too are spirit beings. But we are not spirits. The two statements are not the same.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by 22jumpstreet1(m): 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2023
Ken4Christ:

It's not a turn around. Every human being is a spirit, has a soul and lives in a body. But there are spirits without bodies. It is in that sense I said that Jesus is not a spirit.

Your spirit is called the inward man. In another place, it's called, the inner man. Your body is just the house your spirit lives in.

Remember that God is a Spirit and we are made in his image and likeness. So, we too are spirit beings. But we are not spirits. The two statements are not the same.

man is a spirit being dwelling within a physical body made from dust

at 'death' the spirit goes back to GOD while the body is buried...

how is jesus different from us, if he existed?

how is his dying important to us?
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Michael547(m): 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2023
Ken4Christ:

You did not answer my second question posed to you about the angels. How do the angels have flesh and bones, since they were not created from the dust of the earth?

Now if the spirit of a man is the inward man and the inner man, what exactly is the soul that a man has according to you?
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2023
22jumpstreet1:

man is a spirit being dwelling within a physical body made from dust

at 'death' the spirit goes back to GOD while the body is buried...

how is jesus different from us, if he existed?

how is his dying important to us?

Jesus is different from us in many ways;

1. He has no beginning. He is God in human flesh.
2. All things were made through him.
3. He is the first to be raised from the dead with a glorified body.

The importance of Jesus death to us are;

1. He became the sacrificial lamb for all mankind. In other words, he paid the penalty of sin that the first man committed.

2. On account of his death, everyone is legally free in the mind of justice. But the liberty becomes yours when you accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.

3. The fact that Jesus died and rose again means that we too will be resurrected. But some will be resurrected to eternal life while others will be resurrected to eternal destruction.

4. His death and resurrection also means that death has been defeated but not yet destroyed.

5. His death gave him the opportunity to enter into hell and defeated the devil. So, we have been delivered from the power of darkness.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 10:30pm On Oct 26, 2023
Michael547:

You did not answer my second question posed to you about the angels. How do the angels have flesh and bones, since they were not created from the dust of the earth?

Now if the spirit of a man is the inward man and the inner man, what exactly is the soul that a man has according to you?

It's with our soul we are able to reason. It is the intellectual center of man. You can't acquire knowledge without the soul. It consists of your mind, will and emotions.

It is immortal also in the sense that after death, you still remember your life on earth. This is made clear in the story of the rich man and Lazarus. The rich man remembered he had five brothers on earth.
Re: I Dont Want To Go To Heaven by Michael547(m): 10:36pm On Oct 26, 2023
Ken4Christ:

It's with our soul we are able to reason. It is the intellectual center of man. You can't acquire knowledge without the soul. It consists of your mind, will and emotions.

It is immortal also in the sense that after death, you still remember your life on earth. This is made clear in the story of the rich man and Lazarus. The rich man remembered he had five brothers on earth.

1)Please read Ecclesiastics chapter 9:5, 6 and psalm 146:4 and explain what happens to our mind, will and emotions after death.

2)What part of the rich man's body survived after death that made him to remember his past life?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Issues To Address By The Church / Alaafin Of Oyo,sacked / TB Joshua Instructs Refund Of $100 Registration Fee!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.