Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Bible Scriptures About Poverty And Riches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Scriptures About Poverty And Riches (1413 Views)

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? / Scripture Library: Scriptures from the Bible and their meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Scriptures About Poverty And Riches by ngozianu(m): 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2011
Jesus speaking in Mark 10vs 29: says If any Man Should leave house,father,mother,LANDS for my Sake and For the gospels sake,That man shall have a hundred fold of houses,lands etc with persecuitions(CRITICISMS) now in this world and the world to come eternal life.

2Cor 8 vs 9: For Ye know the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,that though he was rich(wealthy),but for your sakes he became poor that Ye through His poverty might be rich

Job 36 vs 11-12: If they Obey and Serve God they shall live their days in prosperity and their years in pleasure

Isaiah 1 vs 19: If You be willing and obedient to God you will Eat the best of the Land.

Job 22 vs 21-25

21Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee.

22Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart.

23If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles.

24Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks.

25Yea, the Almighty shall be thy defence, and thou shalt have plenty of silver
Re: Bible Scriptures About Poverty And Riches by harakiri(m): 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2011
And yet. . .The same bible says it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom. How contradictory.
Re: Bible Scriptures About Poverty And Riches by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 24, 2011
Luke 16:13 (NIV) "No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

Mat 6:19-21 (TEB) "Do not save riches for yourselves here on earth, where moths and rust destroy, and robbers break in and steal. Instead, save riches for yourselves in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and robbers cannot break in and steal. For your heart will always be where your riches are."

It is easy enough to "explain away" one or two verses to come to the conclusion we want. But what you are about to read is more than one or two verses: Scriptural teaching about money is clear, consistent, and radical. All is required, and the flesh must die to obey.

Be Content With Your Needs Being Met - Beware Of Materialism

Heb 13:5 (RSV) "Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have."

Ps 37:7,16 (NAS) [/b]Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,  Better is the little of the righteous than the abundance of many wicked.

[b]Prov 23:4-5 (NIV)
Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint. Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle.

The Test of Riches and The Test of Poverty

1 Sam 2:7 (NIV) The Lord sends poverty and wealth; he humbles and he exalts.

Prov 30:8-9 (NIV) , Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, "Who is the Lord?" Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

If poverty is accompanied by physical dangers, prosperity is accompanied by spiritual dangers. God will often move us through both for the purpose of testing us.

Phil 4:11-13 (Phi) , For I have learned to be content, whatever the circumstances may be. I know now how to live when things are difficult and I know how to live when things are prosperous. In general and in particular I have learned the secret of eating well or going hungry--of facing either plenty or poverty. I am ready for anything through the strength of the One who lives within me.

Phil 4:12 (NAS) I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.

Phil 4:12-13 (Jer) I know how to be poor and I know how to be rich, too. I have been through my initiation and now I am ready for anything anywhere: full stomach or empty stomach, poverty or plenty. There is nothing I cannot master with the help of the One who gives me strength.

Will We Follow if Jesus Asks Us to Enter Poverty For a Season?

Mark 10:21-27,31 (Jer) Jesus looked steadily at him and loved him, and he said, "There is one thing you lack. Go and sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me." But his face fell at these words and he went away sad, for he was a man of great wealth. Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!" The disciples were astounded by these words, but Jesus insisted, "My children," he said to them, "how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." They were more astonished than ever. "In that case," they said to one another, "who can be saved?" Jesus gazed at them. "For men," he said, "it is impossible, but not for God: because everything is possible for God,  Many who are first will be last, and the last first."
Re: Bible Scriptures About Poverty And Riches by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2011
Re: Bible Scriptures About Poverty And Riches by Sweetnecta: 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2011
ngozianu was passing for muslim in the islamic section.

Alhamdulillah that a lady was able to see through the garment of fraud he donned!

i thought that his action was unislamic. but suspicion is not permissible in Islam and ngozianu capitalized on it.

shame on your fraudulent mind.

you are neither a muslim nor a northerner.

you can't agitate an ethnic group to do evil unless you are a helper of satan.

definitely, asking ignorant muslims [boko haram] and its ilk to cause mayhem seems to me that you are worse than boko haram hoodlums.

(1) (Reply)

Who Wrote The Gospel Of Mattew / Why Are There So Many Scandals Involving Christian Televangelists? / Something You Never Thought About: Adam And Eve Had No Belly Buttons!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.