Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? (8416 Views)

Is It Advisable To Buy Land At Omagwa In Port Harcourt? / Man Kicked Out By Landlord For Changing Girlfriends Too Often In South Africa / I Want To Sue My Landlord For Breach Of Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Ayanwukoma: 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2023
I just packed into this man house recently and he seem like a well to do man, always saying money is not his problem.

He takes his tennant as his family and wants us to live as one.

To be honest, the house was expensive but since I am someone with high taste and nice Serene environment I had to risk it all.

This drained my finances for months now and I am thinking about summoning the courage and approaching him tomorrow for a loan but this is my first time.

Has anyone here ever borrowed money from his landlord before and the experience?

8 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Intergrated: 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2023
Ayanwukoma:
I just packed into this man house recently and he seem like a well to do man, always saying money is not his problem. He takes his tennant as his family and wants us to live as one. To be honest, the house was expensive but since I am someone with high taste and nice Serene environment I had to risk it all. This drained my finances for months now and I am thinking about summoning the courage and approaching him tomorrow for a loan but this is my first time. Has anyone here ever borrowed money from his landlord before and the experience?

Nlfpmod
lol live within your means. You wan borrow your house rent back?

214 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by gbengaoyeladun(m): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2023
They said you should rent what you can afford to pay but you people will not hear..

126 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Stevenbright(m): 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
Yes you can but be ready to face the consequences. You will surely get quick notice soon because he will conclude that you won't be able to pay the next rent as at when due.

139 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Chingyyy878: 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2023
Stevenbright:
Yes you can but be ready to face the consequences. You will surely get quick notice soon because he will conclude that you won't be able to pay the next rent as at when due.

💯

35 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Puss360(f): 5:20am On Oct 24, 2023
Why renting a apartment that will take all your finance? Being a tenant is not a competition so don't feel as if you have to rent a high quality place to prove you are up to standard...
You are still new in the compound to be asking loan... Don't take your landlord jovial character for granted...
That loan you need and want to ask from him might likely be the beginning of the end of the relationship between both of you...
If you need a loan try and approach your bank or a loan company and "SIGN AGREEMENT" with them...
I'm sure because your landlord is a friendly person, you will feel bad when he gives you loan with interest... Abi?

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Nazgul: 8:12am On Oct 24, 2023
It's not advisable because

1. There's a 98% chance that he won't give you cos your everyday average Nigerian landlord is broke and relies solely on his house for survival.

2. Like someone rightfully pointed out, he'll most likely eject you from his house cos you've indirectly told him that subsequent payments would be a Herculean task for you.

3. He would broadcast it to everyone who cares to listen cos most landlords are chronic talkatives, thus making you loose the little respect you might have in that compound.

4. He would never respect you. He can publicly embarrass you if you've not paid your NEPA bill, water bill, lawma bill...etc.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Jewessgratitud3: 8:32am On Oct 24, 2023
Lol...😂😂😂😂😂
Nothing wey person no go see for this Nairaland grin

You wan dig your exit from that apartment fast fast.

Don't you know asking him for such will give him the impression that you can't sustain the rent for long hence the need for him to get a more capable tenant?

Abi you no know say landlords too dey weigh tenants financial ability? Ok... Go use your hands eject yourself na. Abi my fellow landlords in the house, how una reason this guy matter.?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Evolutionism: 8:34am On Oct 24, 2023
Ayanwukoma:
I just packed into this man house recently and he seem like a well to do man, always saying money is not his problem. He takes his tennant as his family and wants us to live as one. To be honest, the house was expensive but since I am someone with high taste and nice Serene environment I had to risk it all. This drained my finances for months now and I am thinking about summoning the courage and approaching him tomorrow for a loan but this is my first time. Has anyone here ever borrowed money from his landlord before and the experience?Nlfpmod

Why Not!

My generous landlord once borrowed me N5Million for a business and also gave me one year off rent.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Acidosis(m): 8:45am On Oct 24, 2023
What in the name of see finish is this?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 24, 2023
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Shijawesss: 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2023
This one weak me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by EBEk101(m): 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2023
If nah me be that ur landlord, nah to give you quit notice because I no dey sure say u go fit renew ur rent.
I no want wahala

12 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by strangest(m): 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2023
Yeah, why not....

"Oga, landlord can you borrow me money so I can pay you rent? I promise to pay you back next month...

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Yugoslavia247(m): 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2023
You want to rent. You paid through your nose.
You still want to borrow loan.
You never even drink water drop cup.

He go dey doubt if you go fit renew your rent.

I don't know you.
But you need to understand that landlord no be your brother.
Forget the words of mouth

When he reach money. The tongue dey count teeth correct

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Lance008(m): 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2023
Nigerians can fvck up
Person like you
You won quick take advantage
It's only takes second to hate

11 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Lance008(m): 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2023
Evolutionism:

Why Not!

My generous landlord once borrowed me N5Million for a business and also gave me one year off rent.
Lol 😂
No answer am

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by TGreatGatsby: 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2023
U fit as kidnapper for assistance na after u don pay d ransom grin

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Dikastan: 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2023
Slap don dey hungry you

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by blueghost(m): 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2023
grin
The following will definitely happen
See finish at work
Respect in the mud

But on a more serious note learn to cut your cloths according to you size. It is better you start with trenches and upgrade to a better house.
Any rent that is more than your 5 months income or salary combined is not healthy for you

8 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Fulaninigger: 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2023
Please don't risk the respect he has for you! It's not easy to find good landlord in Nigeria, don't spoil it with your hands

Respect yourself and look for the loans somewhere else
Ayanwukoma:
I just packed into this man house recently and he seem like a well to do man, always saying money is not his problem.

To be honest, the house was expensive but since I am someone with high taste and nice Serene environment I had to risk it all.

This drained my finances for months now and I am thinking about summoning the courage and approaching him tomorrow for a loan but this is my first time.

Has anyone here ever borrowed money from his landlord before and the experience?

8 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by signature2012(m): 2:08pm On Oct 24, 2023
“ To be honest, the house was expensive but since I am someone with high taste and nice Serene environment I had to risk it all “

To tear you slap dey scratch my pam🤣

18 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by ipobarecriminals: 2:08pm On Oct 24, 2023
grin some kind landlord eill definitely assist u but dnt try baba ijebu,okoro own oo.Nsh sharp sharp eject/quit notice after u don finish ur rent
Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by princeemmma(m): 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2023
Trying to turn your landlord into loan shark

I don't get your question here.... are you telling your landlord to refund part of your house rent... or you are asking your landlord to borrow you from his own money

Because for you to bring this to nairaland you must have been out of your mind

Have lived with two different landlord, this same statement "money is not a problem" is what they said at first but at the end na money cause wahala before we leave the two places

With the look of things, you won't finish your rent fee before the landlord send you packing

10 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Spending123: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2023
Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by lasheun: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2023
But my own caretaker is asking me for loan nah.
So, if he can, I should be able to ask my landlord too shocked
Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Enemyofpeace: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2023
Respect yourself. No let poverty disgrace you

I never see money buy normal outing clothes finish, you tell me say you dey sell night wears.

Where I dey go for night??🙄

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Okpokpo09: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2023
As you don vote Tinikpu, hunger never start wo wire wire una. Next na suicide

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by CondemnBattery(f): 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2023
Double wahala, you can complete the rest of the statement
Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Lance008(m): 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2023
[url][/url]
Ayanwukoma:

Abeg summon the courage and give us the feedback 😂😂😂😂😂😂
He go soon ask you what about ur parents 😂😂😂😂
You won borrow your house rent back
Bro Abeg try am and receive disgrace body too dey catch you
You no get limit at all

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by Kingpele(m): 2:11pm On Oct 24, 2023
Wow u just handed yourself a future quit notice after your rent expires
Re: Is It Advisable To Ask Your Landlord For a Loan? by otomatic(m): 2:11pm On Oct 24, 2023
So how will you pay the next rent?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FENCED AND GATED LANDS IN ROYALTY GARDENS....AMAZING PROMO OFFER!! / Construction Of A New Security House And Generator House In Anambra State / Challenge Unfair Rent Hike: Lagos State Govt Urged Tenants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.