Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business (1326 Views)

I Have 1million And I Want To Invest In Agricultural Farm Within Ondo State / Best Agricultural Business Ideas In 2018 / How To Make Millions From Agricultural Business In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by DawsonCole: 4:08am On Oct 24, 2023
Hello!

I am a Nigerian, passionate about Nigeria and the growth of Nigeria. I am very well aware that agriculture is an integral sector for the sustainable growth and development of any society. I have come to realise that many Nigerians do not like farming, do not like to produce, but rather want to consume. Sadly, we cannot grow this way as a country, and even more sadly, unemployed and underemployed Nigerians still do not see agriculture as an option. How bad if you ask me.

Growing up as a kid, farming was something I really enjoyed doing. I was actively involved in the cultivation of beans, corn, groundnut and potatoes. Several times, produce from the small farm in my family compound saved us from hunger. In the mornings, I will stroll to the farm at the back of the house, harvest some potatoes, go to the kitchen, wash the potatoes, peel off the back, wash it, fry it, and breakfast is served!

Right now, due to the nature of my work, I cannot directly be involved in farming, no matter how hard I try. As a result, I have thought to support (by investment) local farmers who are highly passionate about agriculture (prefereably someone with a degree in the Agricultural sciences or related field) and has some experience in agriculture. A degree in agriculture may not be needed if the person can prove that they have at least 3 years of continuous experience in agriculture.

If you are (or if you know anyone who is) highly interested in agriculture (whatever type - but prefarably cocoa, rubber, palm oil, diary, or similar high value agro products), kindly invite them to this thread. They should say what they are currently doing, provide pictures of their farm if possible, and say why they need investment in their business.

Modified:
1) I am interested in funding a young person interested in agriculture.
2) I am not interested in funding an already established company or corporation.
3) My target is young entrepreneurial Nigerians with interest in agriculture.
4) I am not interested in someone who is actively seeking some other form of employment - who will abandon the farm when they get a job somewhere.
5) I am not interested in funding someone who is actively making plans to migrate from Nigeria and abandon their farm.
6) Previous nairaland posts showing interest in agriculture will be an added advantage.
7) Women are encouraged.

Extra:
If interested, kindly share your profile, and pictures of your farm (if you have).
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by aromaticmassage: 4:28am On Oct 24, 2023
While I'm not into any of the ones you listed. I'm into beans and corn. One fact you should know is this, there's no area in agriculture that is not profitable. I've been doing it in my own capacity for the past nine (9) years. My beans farm will be ready for harvest soonest.I can invite you to come and see practically and then, make your final decision as regards investment. It's a very profitable business if you have the wherewithal
DawsonCole:
Hello!

I am a Nigerian, passionate about Nigeria and the growth of Nigeria. I am very well aware that agriculture is an integral sector for the sustainable growth and development of any society. I have come to realise that many Nigerians do not like farming, do not like to produce, but rather want to consume. Sadly, we cannot grow this way as a country, and even more sadly, unemployed and underemployed Nigerians still do not see agriculture as an option. How bad if you ask me.

Growing up as a kid, farming was something I really enjoyed doing. I was actively involved in the cultivation of beans, corn, groundnut and potatoes. Several times, produce from the small farm in my family compound saved us from hunger. In the mornings, I will stroll to the farm at the back of the house, harvest some potatoes, go to the kitchen, wash the potatoes, peel off the back, wash it, fry it, and breakfast is served!

Right now, due to the nature of my work, I cannot directly be involved in farming, no matter how hard I try. As a result, I have thought to support (by investment) local farmers who are highly passionate about agriculture (prefereably someone with a degree in the Agricultural sciences or related field) and has some experience in agriculture. A degree in agriculture may not be needed if the person can prove that they have at least 3 years of continuous experience in agriculture.

If you are (or if you know anyone who is) highly interested in agriculture (whatever type - but prefarably cocoa, rubber, palm oil, diary, or similar high value agro products), kindly invite them to this thread. They should say what they are currently doing, provide pictures of their farm if possible, and say why they need investment in their business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by Ynix(m): 5:23am On Oct 24, 2023
DawsonCole:
Hello!

What is your planned level of investment. I know of an trained expert in Sawah Eco technology in rice farming both in Japan and Thailand with over 15 years expecting, he works with NCAM and has a rice plantation project. If you are interested state the amount you are looking at. You can drop your email or reach out to me on 08184397113 for further discussion
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by mansoor093(m): 7:20am On Oct 24, 2023
Good day sir, I'm Open to your opportunities, I studied Animal production technology, and I have experience in vegetables too. Funding has been a delay in my growth, however, I want to start vegetable farming for the rest of the year to survive and provide for my family and go to full farming in next year farming season. I have access to lands and I presently have a nursery pepper plants ready to transplant.

I'm Open to sponsorship to make me self employed and self sufficient.

Thanks for the opportunity sir
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by vivaAfrica: 9:11am On Oct 24, 2023
I'm into cocoa beans supply to big Companies that exporexport in Ikom, at the moment I need some funds to increase capacity if you intrested in this we can talk more
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by Earthstorms(m): 11:25am On Oct 24, 2023
DawsonCole:
Hello!

Nice one.

But do you have the knowledge needed to select the right person to support?

Farming is a business that can either bring a profit or result in a loss.

If you team up with the wrong person, then you might sustain a loss and be discouraged.

I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by Sortm: 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2023
DawsonCole:
Hello!

Can i get your email, I want to send you our pitch deck. We are into oil palm plantation and processing. visit hagiosfarm.com
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by DawsonCole: 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2023
Ynix:

What is your planned level of investment. I know of an trained expert in Sawah Eco technology in rice farming both in Japan and Thailand with over 15 years expecting, he works with NCAM and has a rice plantation project. If you are interested state the amount you are looking at. You can drop your email or reach out to me on 08184397113 for further discussion

Not sure I am interested in this person as the person seems established already. I want to fund young/budding farmers who are relatively new to farming or old farmers who have been into small scale farming but want to scale up.
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by DawsonCole: 4:35pm On Oct 24, 2023
Sortm:

Can i get your email, I want to send you our pitch deck. We are into oil palm plantation and processing. visit hagiosfarm.com

You seem established already. I am looking out for young farmers. Kindly check my modified post.
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by Ejanlaa: 4:38pm On Oct 24, 2023
DawsonCole:
Hello!

Modified:
2) I am not interested in funding an already established company or corporation.
4) I am not interested in someone who is actively seeking some other form of employment - who will abandon the farm when they get a job somewhere.
5) I am not interested in funding someone who is actively making plans to migrate from Nigeria and abandon their farm.
6) Previous nairaland posts showing interest in agriculture will be an added advantage.
7) Women are encouraged.

Extra:
Amount I plan to invest is anywhere in the range N100K - N1M, depending on the farmers need. Can be scaled up as time progresses.
I can fund more than one person.

If interested, kindly share your profile, and pictures of your farm (if you have).

well I have a chicken farm and I’m planning to add fishes next year if I see money
You can invest in me sir but the thing is that no money for Nigeria and Xmas is coming fowl meat na gain for lagos
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by DawsonCole: 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2023
mansoor093:
Good day sir, I'm Open to your opportunities, I studied Animal production technology, and I have experience in vegetables too. Funding has been a delay in my growth, however, I want to start vegetable farming for the rest of the year to survive and provide for my family and go to full farming in next year farming season. I have access to lands and I presently have a nursery pepper plants ready to transplant.

I'm Open to sponsorship to make me self employed and self sufficient.

Thanks for the opportunity sir

Hello! Could you say more about what you do, how much you need, and what you need money for?
Pictures of your farm will be great!

Also, I have modified my original post. Kindly check and see that meet the requirements.
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by Binhamid(m): 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2023
I am a broiler Farmer, I am currently in the process of sealing partnership with restaurants and malls to become their major supplier in Ibadan. I cannot say much about the business here, but I can avail you with my business plan if you are willing to partner. This is my mail dadeyemi408@gmail.com.
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by kennylagos(m): 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2023
I want to venture into exporting of agricultural products. I work with someone exporting cow by-products such as COW HORN, etc and the export is fetching him millions. So I said if I see a financier, I will go fully into exporting of the products. I used to rare broilers before but relocated to L:agos. I can send the video to your email.
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by DawsonCole: 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
Looking at the comments, I am not sure people are taking the time to read my original message.

Comments such as "I am a farmer, I need the investment" does not justify why you need to be invested in.

The thing is, if you need someone to invest in your business, you have to put in some effort to show why your business deserves to be invested in. Simply put, you have to stand out.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by DawsonCole: 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2023
Binhamid:
I am a broiler Farmer, I am currently in the process of sealing partnership with restaurants and malls to become their major supplier in Ibadan. I cannot say much about the business here, but I can avail you with my business plan if you are willing to partner. This is my mail dadeyemi408@gmail.com.
Kindly check my origina post for my email
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by mansoor093(m): 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2023
DawsonCole:

Hello! Could you say more about what you do, how much you need, and what you need money for?
Pictures of your farm will be great!

Also, I have modified my original post. Kindly check and see that meet the requirements.

I am a young farmer, I'm starting a farm to be self sufficient as I stopped working for farms because I had to settle down.

I need money to establish the pepper farm and feasibility studies and site pictures will be sent across.

I believe I meet your criteria and I would be glad for this great opportunity.
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by Goldenboy01(m): 7:51pm On Oct 24, 2023
I have catfish business idea in which I will like to invest on but finance is my problem, I already have enough knowledge about the business cos it's what my uncle does. There's fish pond available for me . My only problem is the cost of fish feeds that is too exorbitant . I will be glad if you are going to render assistance and sponsorship sir.
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by Eniola691: 8:07pm On Oct 24, 2023
My name is oyemiran olaniyi. I study crop production and technology. Presently am into cultivation of cocoa intercrop plantain and banana in Ekiti State in Koro area of Ekiti.
Initially have been able to register under the association of farmers that can be able to buy plantain, banana and other fruits to Lagos as we already have market to absorb the agro products.
However, I we really appreciate if we can take it further to WhatsApp forum so that I can be to show more of the work.
Perhaps, this is my whattapps line and my line is not always cause am presently in the farm
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by Wiseman247: 10:00pm On Oct 24, 2023
I am young agro enterpenure from benue who is into rice an palm oil farming.REASON i whent into farming are 1 to reduce food storage in Nigeria(2)to creat job for other peopls(3) source income to both farmer an investors i will be very glad if i have favour in ur sigte even if it is loan ready to collect to go into a large scale farming thanks

1 Like

Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by Wiseman247: 10:06pm On Oct 24, 2023
Sir this is my no 09051385945
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by DawsonCole: 12:23am On Oct 25, 2023
No picture of any farm yet. No one giving any "detailed analysis" on what they need money for. No one is talking about the exact things they want to spend the money on, and the exact cost of the purchases they intend to make. Evereyone just needs money without having any "clear-cut" goal or plan for the money.

I will monitor the thread for a few more days, if nothing serious from anyone, I'd sadly have to close the thread.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by Ynix(m): 3:12am On Oct 25, 2023
DawsonCole:

Not sure I am interested in this person as the person seems established already. I want to fund young/budding farmers who are relatively new to farming or old farmers who have been into small scale farming but want to scale up.

If so, send me a mail via ajideayodeji@gmail.com or chat me up on 08184397113
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by Eniola691: 7:53am On Oct 25, 2023
Good morning sir,
The money needed would be used to purchased banana and plantain from other farmers while waiting for harvest of my own farm.
I would really be glad if we can take this chat to other platform like WhatsApp so that I can be able to communicate better with pics and videos of the present farm and the next line of action from the next planting season .
Below is my whattapps number sir
Surely sir, a trial will convince you at this platform I mention above
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by Binhamid(m): 9:02am On Oct 25, 2023
Kindly check your mail.

DawsonCole:

Kindly check my origina post for my email
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by phelixemo(m): 2:11pm On Oct 25, 2023
My name is Felix.
My wife & I run a small livestock farm which we would love to expand. At the moment, we are at 50 broilers capacity and they are organically grown for a maximum of 8wks before being sold here in Gwagwalada, Abuja.
A support would be very well appreciated.
Attached is the estimate of how much we could make if we could scale up to a hundred broilers being sold monthly.
We have the capacity to raise 100birds monthly and enough space to scale up to as much as 200 monthly, right here in our compound.
we already have clients who sell on retail and customer based during festive seasons.
our contact is 08055531228.
Thank you & we hope to hear from you soon.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by mansoor093(m): 7:25am On Oct 26, 2023
DawsonCole:
[font=Georgia] Hello!

Modified:
7) Women are encouraged.

Extra:
Amount I plan to invest is anywhere in the range N100K - N1M, depending on the farmers need. Can be scaled up as time progresses.
I can fund more than one person.

If for some reason you want to send me a mail, please send to iamdawsoncole@gmail.com

[/font

I sent you a mail sir
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by fbabs(m): 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2023
DawsonCole:
Hello!

Modified:
7) Women are encouraged.

Extra:

Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by fbabs(m): 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2023
DawsonCole:
Hello!

Modified:
7) Women are encouraged.

Extra:

The investment I need is to acquire an acre of farmland which costs 170,000
It's going to be on lease agreement for three years

Clearing will cost around 47,000

Seedlings from cocoa research institute in ibadan and transport will cost around 60,000

Total 277,000
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by PinkNature: 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2023
DawsonCole:
Hello!

Modified:
7) Women are encouraged.

Extra:

Good afternoon Mr. DawsonCole.

I'm 'Pinknature' 22 years old, an ND holder in SLT and currently a 100 level student in the university, studying radiography. I school in the north central. I am passionate about agriculture because I see a lot of potentials in it.

The state where I school is a state where agriculture is taken seriously, it also shares boundary with Benue state and I have friends who are from Benue and are actively involved in agriculture with needed experience to put me through.

Going into this venture will be a dream in coming sooner than expected because I've always told myself that I'll go into farming (As a kind of hubby/ hustle) when I graduate from school. I would have started on a small scale, however there are certain limitations which are before me, capital being the major limitation.

Rice farming, millet farming, yam farming are some of my main area of interest for start.
Livestock farming ( Goats and Chickens) also within my plans.

A piece of land is available, close to my house back at home, however it will constantly be plagued by wandering livestock because the piece of land isn't fenced: a local fence constructed with wood can solve this problem. This available piece of land can readily solve the possibility of land unavailability if I'm considered, but rice farming may not work for this proposed piece of land, so we're left with yam, millet and corn farm.

I will however like to start my agricultural journey within my school locality as it will give me more time to monitor my farm, learn more and give first hand updates about happenings in the farm. I will be able to get a land on lease within my school locality.

I love for agriculture was reignited when I taught agricultural science to junior secondary school students from 2021-2023 (sept-april) as a subject teacher.

My agricultural experience: farming maize on a small scale on the piece of land close to my house. I faced some challenges, like not having the needed fertilizers in the right quantities and the constant disturbance of livestock on the farm.

Yeild wasn't too bad: aside from the fact that the maize were smallish in size.

Embarking on this journey will make big deal in the trajectory of my life and seeing your dreams coming to pass sooner than expected, while getting experience in the agric line along side making profits that agriculture guarantees if all goes according to plan.

I sincerely hope I'm given kind considerations.
Thank you sir for this opportunity.
Re: I Want To Invest In Your Agricultural Business by kunleajao(m): 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2023
I'm open for sponsporship to make me self employed and self sufficient am a young farmer who just started farming this year with water yam I started with five hundred heaps funding has been delay in my growth and it will be ready for harvesting by next or next two month and I have another nine hundred heaps down preparing for next year am also intending going into corn planting and cassava by next year I will need money to plough the land buy corn to plant and chemicals as well my location is Oyo State Otu precisely. Now I will need to buy yam to plant, I need chemicals, I need sprayer, I need rainboot. My cell phone and whatspp line 08061311315
Thanks In anticipation

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Your Catfish Production Manual And A Hands On Guide! / Can Moringa Tree Grow Successfuly In Cold Climates? / VERY URGENT! Can You Supply Us With 30,000 Litres Or More Every Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 451
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.