Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Can A Deposition Be Done In An Office? Find Out Here! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Deposition Be Done In An Office? Find Out Here! (162 Views)

CSU Cert; Can A Deposition Done In An Office, Admissible In Court? / Atiku VS BAT: Nigerian Supreme Court Judge Confuse On What A Deposition Is / Tinubu's CSU Records: David Hundeyin Shares Written Copy Of Deposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Deposition Be Done In An Office? Find Out Here! by DesChyko: 6:42am On Oct 24, 2023
As a fan of court room drama genre (US authors and actors are great at this), I read a lot of John Grisham's books and I am an avid fan of Suits, the series, I'm beyond shocked that a 'learned silk' such as a Justice of the Supreme Court would ask such a question.

I've never seen or heard that a deposition took place in a courtroom. It's almost always in one of the law firm's conference rooms. When I first read that a Justice was asking that question in the full glare of fellow silks and laymen, my jaw dropped literally.

It pays to be the best in whatever you do. That way, you can't be caught out lost in your field. Here's a video of a random deposition in session:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6dlx8-zETI?si=jq2PW3omdYIeSiGA

Attached is a screenshot of the first answer to the question on where a deposition typically takes place.

And of course, a couple of John Grisham's books you can start off with. You can download them from archive .org for free.

John Ray Grisham Jr. is an American novelist, lawyer, and former member of the Mississippi House of Representatives.

Re: Can A Deposition Be Done In An Office? Find Out Here! by Iziquiel(m): 7:08am On Oct 24, 2023
DesChyko:
As a fan of court room drama genre (US authors and actors are great at this), I read a lot of John Grisham's books and I am an avid fan of Suits, the series, I'm beyond shocked that a 'learned silk' such as a Justice of the Supreme Court would ask such a question.

I've never seen or heard that a deposition took place in a courtroom. It's almost always in one of the law firm's conference rooms. When I first read that a Justice was asking that question in the full glare of fellow silks and laymen, my jaw dropped literally.

It pays to be the best in whatever you do. That way, you can't be caught out lost in your field. Here's a video of a random deposition in session:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6dlx8-zETI?si=jq2PW3omdYIeSiGA

Attached is a screenshot of the first answer to the question on where a deposition typically takes place.

And of course, a couple of John Grisham's books you can start off with. You can download them from archive .org for free.

John Ray Grisham Jr. is an American novelist, lawyer, and former member of the Mississippi House of Representatives.

If you saw the Series "Suits" you would have noticed that depositions are usually done before a proper trial in courts and they are not done under oath.

Depositions is like taking or making oral statements.

I don't think the Supreme Court will pass a judgment based on a deposition that wasn't done under oath.
Re: Can A Deposition Be Done In An Office? Find Out Here! by DesChyko: 7:31am On Oct 24, 2023
Iziquiel:
If you saw the Series "Suits" you would have noticed that depositions are usually done before a proper trial in courts and they are not done under oath.

Depositions is like taking or making oral statements.

I don't think the Supreme Court will pass a judgment based on a deposition that wasn't done under oath.

Did you watch the video? If yes, did you see where Sam said lying on that video will amount to perjury?

Can you share with us what perjury means and relate that to your assumption that they are ordinary statements that are not done under oath.

Anyways, just read page 3 (lines 22-24) of the CSU-deposition.

That being said, I am astonished at how you arrived at the conclusions that depositions are mere chats. 😁

Re: Can A Deposition Be Done In An Office? Find Out Here! by Creativity22: 7:39am On Oct 24, 2023
My brother is a big shame. Only Nigerians can save there country. Not some criminal shameless judges. NIGERIANS MUST RISE. They may choose not to do so now, but am 101% sure that bad economic policy and consequent collapse of naira will certainly push them. No be everybody get money to japa.

(1) (Reply)

Man Whipped To Death By Ex-in-law In Niger / Catholic Church Honours Sen. Shehu Shehu With Award Of Excellence / Survey: Nairalanders Are Jobless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.