Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,744 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Catholic Church Honours Sen. Shehu Shehu With Award Of Excellence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic Church Honours Sen. Shehu Shehu With Award Of Excellence (166 Views)

"Even Bullet Charmers Travel Using Abuja-kaduna Train" - Sen. Shehu Sani Reveals / Sen. Shehu Sani ā€¸joined Labour To Protest Over 30,000 Minimum Wage,today (photos / Most APC Governors Is Afraid Of Direct Primaries Says Sen Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Church Honours Sen. Shehu Shehu With Award Of Excellence by newscraft2023: 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2023
Catholic Church Honours Sen. Shehu Shehu with Award of Excellence

...Says He Remains Dependable Voice of Masses

Catholic Men Organization of Kaduna Archdiocese today presented an award of excellence to former lawmaker, Senator Shehu Sani .

According to the Catholic group, the award titled, "Voice of the Masses " was in recognition of his invaluable contributions to fight against injustices and resolute disposition about the plights of the masses in the society

Speaking during the presentation ceremony at his Kaduna residence, the Leader of the delegation, Mr. Bature Joel Madaki ,2023 Convention Chairman, Catholic Men Organization of Kaduna Archdiocese said decision to honour the former lawmaker , who represented Kaduna Central Senatorial District in 8th Senate was to encourage him to remain steadfast and do more for the masses.

"On behalf of the Catholic Men Organisation (CMO), Kaduna Catholic Archdiocese we present to you this award of excellence for being the voice of the masses. This is in our own little way of supporting and encouraging you for all you have doing for humanity. We thank you for accepting this award from this family."he stated.

While noting that Senator Shehu Sani has always represented and spoke for the masses before he was elected as a lawmaker and have continued to do so even out of office,he added ,"This is part of reasons we want him to know that there are people, who appreciate his constant support for the masses ."

In his reaction shortly after receiving the award , Senator Shehu Sani who ,thanked the Catholic Church of Nigeria for invaluable award, said ," I feel highly honoured to receive such prestigious award for appreciating our own modest contribution to humanity. When an award is given, it is an encouragement, it is a booster and energiser for the recipient in appreciation for what he or she has done. I also believe that an award a path to the future. It is not simply about what you have done in the past. It propels you to do more.

" Catholic organisation in Kaduna has been as long as our history. The Catholic organisation has contributed tremendously to the socio-economic life of the people of Kaduna State. We grew up where we saw the hands of Catholic in education, in health, peace and harmonious coexistence in Kaduna State. The Catholic church in Kaduna is part and parcel of our life. Today we have established institutions that has benefited every irrespective of his religion or ethnic identity.

" I can say that there is no indigene of Kaduna State that has not benefitted from the magnanimity of Catholic in the State. Unfortunately as I am receiving this award.

"I will also use this opportunity to say that over the years, religious leaders have suffered tremendously in the hands of bandits and terrorists in the State. We have seen Muslims leaders killed, we have also seen where Christian leaders are killed. But there is no one segment of religious groups that have suffered in terms of targeting church leaders by bandits like the Catholic church.

" We have seen the adoption of many of your Priests, and killings of many of your Priests. There are those of us who have never relented in condemning every aspect of this systemic attack on Catholic church.

"I can remember some years ago, how a terrorist rammed a vehicle into Catholic church in Malali and killed many worshippers and injured several others. I can also recall a number of Priests that I know personally that were killed by terrorists. But for me as one of the major stakeholders in Kaduna State, I can tell you that you still have a role to play by adding more to the efforts to cement the divide that exists between the Northern and Southern part of Kaduna State.

"The river Kaduna that divides the North and Southern part of Kaduna should be a source and a fountain for peace, unity and cordial relationship between the North and South of the State. Kaduna State is one of the top three States that have suffered in the hands of terrorists. There is no part of this State that is immune to terrorism attack."

Re: Catholic Church Honours Sen. Shehu Shehu With Award Of Excellence by archangel1(m): 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2023
You deserve it.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Urges Humanitarian Ceasefire In Israel-gaza War / FCT Minister: Wike Is Doing Well, Leave Him Alone-hon Nzonzo Vrati / Wike Trying To Be Lord In Rivers State But Gov Sim Says No

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.