Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,439 members, 7,836,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot (11615 Views)

How Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Keeps Fit / Musiliu Obanikoro Calls For The Resignation Of Prof. Jega / Musiliu Obanikoro And Femi Kayode Pictured In 'spiritual' Mood At The Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 25, 2011
[Tinubu]
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by nairapark: 7:09am On Oct 25, 2011
Our politicians should learn to be civil in their conduct. They should have come of age by now. embarassed
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by Demdem(m): 8:57am On Oct 25, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ Since you are giving us first hand info, Now tell us who came into Funshos house and gunned him down to get the PDP ticket?

Who was detained in relation to the murder before OBJ ordered their release

grin grin grin grin
Oro pesi je.
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 25, 2011
nairapark:

Our politicians should learn to be civil in their conduct. They should have come of age by now. embarassed
Its simply impossible, 4get it
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by SoEndowed(m): 9:44am On Oct 25, 2011
Chuck D:

a day is coming when the blood of thug politicians will flow on the streets of this country and after that, sanity shall reign
My brother, when will dat day come? We say revolution! revolution!! who will bell the cat? Ethnicity & religion will sabotage any such efforts.
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by shirleyz: 9:56am On Oct 25, 2011
Never believe all the broadcast you get on bb, most times they aint true. But it wont be bad if Koro was shot sha, the guy useless.
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by baslone: 10:24am On Oct 25, 2011
shirleyz:

Never believe all the broadcast you get on bb, most times they aint true. But it wont be bad if Koro was shot sha, the guy useless.

Over useless sef!
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:37am On Oct 25, 2011
Eko_ile, Gbawe, seant - putting asides our political affiliations and perceived or proven bad character of political leaders. I want to ask you a few questions.
1: Did you participate actively or passively in the recent LGA Elections
2: What is your honest (non-biased) opinion of the performance of LASIEC Officials at the polling center you voted
3: ETI-OSA LG results are yet to be counted - LASIEC Officials walked out and have not collated the results till-date, yet Wale Adeniji has been declared the winner with poll results to boot. What is your view on this

I have never been passionately involved in any election than the recent LG elections in my entire political life. I am a card-carrying member of the PDP representing WARD L2. From Saturday till last night I have been returning each day to the Council offices to protect ballot papers that unidentified armed men purportedly from the SSS have tried to take away. Youths from Lagos Island arrived yesterday with machetes and guns, Senator Obanikoro was shot at and injured in the leg (lucky for him), fingers of a PDP member were cut and a representative of the Hausa Community was beaten to unconsciousness.

These events do not fit the picture you passionately paint online (and offline I assume), I was there first hand and the only reason I am grateful this morning is that I made it out alive.

I recognize that you are a long-standing member on NL whose political discussions indicate that you are a man of intellect and passion. I will also wish to implore you and fellow NL members who are active ACN party supporters/members to look at the matter of elections in new light. Positive performance is the most important value an Elected Public Official is Obligated to deliver to the people who voted him into power. I have lived in Ikoyi since 1995, I walked with Tai Solarin, Rioted with Sowore and Malcom Fabiyi in our Aluta days, and Pelted the Police with stones and kerosine-filled bottles trying to unseat Abacha. I was passionate about the NADECO Agenda and Tinubu was my hero-in-exile. It saddens me greatly that we have turned the opportunity to recover a great deal of years stolen by Military Dictatorship and Corrupt leadership. The LG Elections is the Grassroots Empowerment Engine, the real connection between the People and their Leaders at the State Level. I cannot speak for the performance of recently announced Chairmen and Councillor results, but I can say this for Ikoyi/Obalende Constituency, PDP won all Council seats and the Chairmanship fair and scare. I now understand the heart-ache that the cheated feel when injustice is dealt to them. Even if PDP were to go to court, the Lagos State Chief Justice will seemingly forget that ETI-OSA votes for which results were announced by the LASIEC Chairman are still yet to be collated.

Is this the future of elections in Lagos?
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by ochukoccna: 10:42am On Oct 25, 2011
Propaganda Jo! embarassed embarassed embarassed
How can a serving ambassador abscond his duty post & come to partake in a local election? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Only in 9ja can this occur.

Not that I'm in support of ACN's rigging not PDP's thuggery.
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by Okijajuju1(m): 10:54am On Oct 25, 2011
Hahahaaa!!

Ndi ofe Mmanu and do or die politics, grin
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by Beaf: 10:59am On Oct 25, 2011
ochukoccna:

How can a serving ambassador abscond his duty post & come to partake in a local election? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

What then would you say about Aregbesola, governor of Osun who I believe is still in Lagos supervising and rigging the current LGA elections?
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by SoEndowed(m): 11:07am On Oct 25, 2011
So ACN dat has always accused the PDP of being a "rigging master" has also mastered the act?  I will not be surprised, if indeed, the PDP actually clinched some LGs, becos the ACN govt at the Local govt levels in Lagos State, or at least in my local govt, Ikorodu, has been nothing else but DEAD.  I'm surprised also that ACN "won" Ikorodu.  Whilst we all know that the PDP is not better, we (Ikorodu) actually wanted a change.  ACN (state & local govts) in Ikorodu is DEAD.
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by shirleyz: 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2011
Councillor level politics in ACN is rubbish, go to Oke-odo LCDA and you will see a road almost broken into two from command to Imeran and cars keep falling into the ditch by the road side almost on a daily basis amongst many other bad roads. The yeye chairman Paster Kenny had to be removed before his time, i hope they voted someone better this time around. Even as at that ACN better pass PDP as a party for now.

But Beaf na only Osun state you dey see, you better go back to Delta state where the unemployed youths protest took over the governors birthday celebration, wetin be ur own and Osun state sef.
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by mamaafrik(m): 12:14pm On Oct 25, 2011
Pishhhhhhhhhwww,ur fada, ,d guy giv am 4 leg were shouted oroooooo,
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by BetaThings: 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2011
ochukoccna:

His son contested.
In the April elections, Koro's son also contested
Obasanjo's daughter contested and held offices while Obj was in power
None of this is nepotism
But if Tinubu's wife contests, it is nepotism

What is the meaning of the slogan in 2007? Kosi Koro Kosibo
Same koro sponsored to the Senate with the help of Tinubu
Shortly after he went to PDP, when asked about the morality of decamoing shortly after the electorates haev given you their mandate
Koro said
"Don't ask me about morality, If you want morality, go and talk to the Pope"
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by Prospectiveada(m): 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2011
Lagosians cannot sit back and watch the ACN plunge our dear state into chaos.The recent Local govt. elections were marred by violence orchestrated by the ruling ACN.Members of other political parties especially the PDP were either shot,wounded or kidnapped.Hundreds of gun weilding thugs attacked people and snatched ballot boxes.The results of the election were announced from an hotel owned by the former governor of Lagos state instead of the Lasiec office.The media was denied access to collation centres across the state.This points to only one thing,the ACN has cheated Lagosians again.Let us not be decieved.go to areas like Alimosho,Ikorodu and Badagry and you will discover that the L.g.a re not function.Better late than never.Lets forget parties and vote credibility
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by favouredjb(f): 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2011
I laff anytime ACN accuses Pdp WHEN they do the same thing even worse

@lagerwhenindoubt i feel your pain
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by wellmax(m): 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2011
]THIS STORY IS COMPLETELY FALSE
RUMOUR MONGERS AT IT AGAIN AND YOU ALL ARE FALLING FOR IT.
WHAT A PITY!!!
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by Demdem(m): 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2011
@lagerwhenindoubt i likewise feel your pain and its simply unfortunate if truly the picture u painted was indeed what happened.
However i am not surprise at all. If we never had free and fair elections at both the federal and state levels nationwide and election offenders punished, why should we expect free and fair elections at the local level? its simply impossible.
Until real and realistic election reforms are formulated i will say we should expect this kind of picture from you nationwide even much more "bloodier"
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by Ovegho(m): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2011
This is very bad indeed! Was he meant to be KILLED by his detractors? Or PAID some THUGS to ELIMINATE him But why this??
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by Akiika: 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2011
My favorite post is that that says, OCCUPATIONAL HAZARD grin
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by Basics007: 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2011
@lagerwhenindoubt. I can understand how you felt. It's so frustrating seeing the perceived saviour(ACN) now acting the villain. Though i dont have any sympathy for Koro and i used to be an ACN apologist but i must admit that the party is involved in so many excesses these days. No wonder Obj was so sure the region will be recaptured by the PDP come 2015. Actually i dont even see this democracy lasting till then. Politians excesses are too much
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by jason123: 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2011
@Dayo and co,
Oro o pe si je o! cheesy
I just don't have the time to go into details on a faceless forum.

@Lagerwhenindoubt
Very well articulated.
Re: Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot by Gbenge77(m): 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2011
political violence in nigeria has almost reached its zenith.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo / President Jonathan's Acceptance Speech At PDP Convention / Osinbajo Advocates Introduction Of State Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.