Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,347 members, 7,815,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo (11601 Views)

Akpabio's Home Town One Of The Most Beautiful Place In Nigeria Pix / Pic:David Mark's Home Vs. A Police Station In Otukpo(Mark's Hometown) / Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by Nobody: 8:27am On May 21, 2012
Boko Haram Plans To Take War To David Mark's Home Town

Pandemonium over threat to bomb Senate President’s home

BY PETER DURU
MAKURDI — Otukpo, the home of the Senate President, David Mark and headquarters of Idoma land in Benue State was at the weekend plunged into deep fear following alleged text messages being circulated of plans to bomb the town by a militant Islamic sect.

The development forced security operatives to mount intensive security patrols around the town to forestall any security breach. Vanguard gathered that the Islamic sect last week sent text messages to security agents alerting them of plans to bomb the police station in the town, the Otukpo Main Market and St Mary’s Church, among others.

However, security agents in the area, not cowed by the threat went round the town with security vehicles including armoured personnel carriers, APCs in company of vigilante members, Okada riders and other well meaning members of the town to denounce the threat.

The development has thrown the town and its surroundings into a state of uncertainty as residents kept away from public gatherings, including church services yesterday.

Vanguard recalls that sometime last January, the town was also thrown into similar security threat when members of the sect were alleged to have visited the town and had gone round with the aid of commercial motor cyclists to locate their probable sites for bombing.

The police in the area, at the time, using its plain cloth detectives went into surveillance in order to identify members of the sect or those that may have link with them.

In the main, the Police in the state have fortified surveillance and security at its commands with the erection of heavy iron barricades at its entry points which makes it difficult for anybody to force his way into the premises.

When contacted, the Benue State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Assistant Superintendent of Police, Alaribe Ejike said he was yet to be informed about the development.

Police in APCs and members of the vigilante groups were patrolling Otukpo streets yesterday after residents received text messages from members of the Boko Haram sect who threatened to bomb the town.
Source
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by Effwazobia: 9:42am On May 21, 2012
chickens coming home to roost
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by Pain(m): 9:43am On May 21, 2012
The aftermath will be total anhilation of the hausa race in otukpo. The spill over will be the overthrow of a weak clueless president. Isn't it clear that Jonathan aka Mr Ibu is a plague? Let the Innenduo Begin!
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by Nobody: 9:53am On May 21, 2012
Hahahaha, no be new thing na.
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by doofanc: 9:55am On May 21, 2012
Deleted
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by doofanc: 9:55am On May 21, 2012
That will be a very big mistake by boko haram. There is a sizable muslim community in otukpo, mainly hausa but also igbira § some minorities, and they will suffer badly should any harm befall any Idoma indigen.
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by slumcat(m): 9:56am On May 21, 2012
dats nothin. after d destruction, he will go 4 a vacation abroad (wit our money) n within 2months, he will simply biuld a better one (with our money). elephants dey fight, grass dey suffer.
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by vanstanzy(m): 9:56am On May 21, 2012
eGuerrilla: [b]Boko Haram Plans To Take War To David Mark's Home Town

Pandemonium over threat to bomb Senate President’s home

Source

@eGuerrilla

Just got off the line with my aunt living at Otukpo and She says it was a false alarm. Anyways i still wont say i dont believe ya. This Boko Beasts have always been known to strike like FATE does, when one least expects.
For Bokos' information, if they bomb Otukpo, i'll come after they and their families and will snuff 'em out one by one. Sounds like an empty threat right? I wish it were.[/b]
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by Detongue: 9:57am On May 21, 2012
Dis demons again!
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by Nobody: 10:02am On May 21, 2012
let them continue to bomb their selfs after wht thy did to inocent biafrians who wnts freedom
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by rexfada(m): 10:02am On May 21, 2012
they can bomb his house but they should leave the poor otukpo populace outta this
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by ZUBY77(m): 10:04am On May 21, 2012
They should stop making noise and let the bombs do the talking.
I like it that those middle beltans are a big bridge between Republic of Boko Haram and Biafra. Until we go back to the declaration of Biafra, we are not interested in what happens up there.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by Nobody: 10:05am On May 21, 2012
what is the problm with this boko shit? they suld just bomb if they want to!
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by akom0908(m): 10:11am On May 21, 2012
9ice
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by 1025: 10:13am On May 21, 2012
boko haram, you can't do it. if i may ask, when are they bombing this house? the truth about this matter is that i v never heard boko haram say something and do it. they said they will kill jonthan and now mark's house.
if only boko haram can do these two or just one, only then will i believe that boko haram is not pdp.
meanwhile, i have drafted my condolence massage might any of the two happen but i doubt it.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by forkadict(m): 10:15am On May 21, 2012
cogitoErgo: what is the problm with this boko shit? they suld just bomb if they want to!
And they should start with you!
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by lacasa: 10:28am On May 21, 2012
Pain: The aftermath will be total anhilation of the hausa race in otukpo. The spill over will be the overthrow of a weak clueless president. Isn't it clear that Jonathan aka Mr Ibu is a plague? Let the Innenduo Begin!

Even if they bomb benue dis moment, nothing will happen. Na today?, spillover my foot. Abi na U̶̲̥̅̊ go take the first life?
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by pdpiperpippen: 10:29am On May 21, 2012
Interesting!
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by doofanc: 10:36am On May 21, 2012
lacasa:

Even if they bomb benue dis moment, nothing will happen. Na today?, spillover my foot. Abi na U̶̲̥̅̊ go take the first life?

i sure say you be one of them. Silly thing
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by Aladinn(m): 10:43am On May 21, 2012
doofanc:

i sure say you be one of them. Silly thing
Don't you know that lacasa is all head absent brain? The dude is poo.
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by EFFRAKATA: 10:44am On May 21, 2012
Hey you blood tasty islamists(Boko Rams), if you want to bomb, bomb and don,t talk. Your days are numbered. You and all your sponsors will soon be cought in the blood-pool of all ur atrocities.

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by Uncledom(m): 10:58am On May 21, 2012
When will all this stop
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by Uncledom(m): 10:59am On May 21, 2012
Uncledom: When will all this stop
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by vanstanzy(m): 11:01am On May 21, 2012
Boko Haram wont care if their blast destroys muslim northerners in Otupko. These people are simply dare devils, believe me.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by sheyguy: 11:01am On May 21, 2012
They shld pity pple like tuface and spare Otukpo oh.
I no wan here ma pple dey hola Oiyeh again oh!
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by achi4u(m): 11:13am On May 21, 2012
Are they in short of sucide bombers?

fools
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by achi4u(m): 11:18am On May 21, 2012
Uncledom: When will all this stop
when our dream(BIAFRA) are achieved
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by cyril83(m): 11:25am On May 21, 2012
What are they waiting for?
Re: Boko Haram Threatens To Bomb David Mark's Home Town Otukpo by AAAdam(m): 11:31am On May 21, 2012
doofanc: That will be a very big mistake by boko haram. There is a sizable muslim community in otukpo, mainly hausa but also igbira § some minorities, and they will suffer badly should any harm befall any Idoma indigen.
where are you when they killed Mal. Jafar M. Adam alone side wit oda islamic preachers in d north. Even though u ar muslim & u oppose their activities, surely u wil b their next target.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos To Acquire Traffic Software Vehicles / APC Dares Jonathan To Sue Akande For Libel / Astronomic Fall Of The Naira: President Buhari And Emefielle Should Be Blamed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.