Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,302 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? (23516 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians That Money Couldn't Blow / Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular / Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by KiNg0G: 10:42am On Oct 24, 2023
I still tell people that it's much simpler to blow in the days of our forefathers in the
nigerian entertainment music industry than right now. This could be debated though due to the presence of social media and several influencers, everyone thinks it's easy but it's not, to be heard all over the world, be noticed..and get to generate fan base? Come on bro it ain't easy..I am not referring to your family members or community fan base.

In 2008, when I was still a young boy. During my final days in high school, we would rap battle with ourselves in the class room so much that I even composed some personal good tracks on my own. I am thinking about putting up for sale. (Till this day, I still flow, I still write.. talent never dies)
During that time, I met so many talented folks just like myself. If it were now, I would have invested around 2 to 3 million on them, and they would have been among the big names in the entertainment industry today.

now this is my point.....

The entertainment industry has become so overpopulated that there are numerous talented musicians in every direction left and right. From Yahoo boys to choristers and different individuals.. even right here on nairaland we have our own Dbûll and the legend Aîrforce1. Even with good financial deals and record label contracts, it's still very hard to be heard or noticed But there were some musicians in this recent times who defied all odds.

I am here to present to you the Top 3 new school Nigeria musicians who defied all odds with little or no hassle.

OMAH LAY

Many people still say that the pandemic helped him to be known within a short period of time but do you know what was the most influential factor in his success? His distinctive brand. till this moment I still haven't seen any nigerian musician OMAH lay copied from, is it his calm voice? is it his style? his musical pattern? Unlike so many youngsters out there coming out to sound like psquare, wizkid and even Burnaboy.. shout-out to is new signee by the way.
Omah lay defied all odds to be real. He created his own brand and was accepted by nigeria so fast that everybody in 2020 was asking who be this guy?? How can you be depressed all the time on your songs and still make people dance to it... life.. That's the distinctive uniqueness.

in history he is among the top new school musicians to be known within a short time frame and he did it with little or no hassle.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by KiNg0G: 10:42am On Oct 24, 2023
ASAKE

Well i am not a huge fan of Fuji music, maybe because I am from the south and think music should be something that can be easily understood and related to but it's not a bad ideal to promote your songs in your culture, language and tell your story for your own people who can really relate to it ... But you see asake should be giving is respect, is props. He has achieved a lot, that i wonder how a lone musician can be topping the stream charts for 2 to 3 years from every new release he made and yet they are some musicians before him who hasn't smell the top 10. In spite of multiple claims from individuals that the label is facilitating his songs with streaming farm tools to and fro.. Dude didn't dull at all, he went ahead and sold out the 02 arena. When I viewed the video clip of is concert last 2month, I was like Maybe God truly has the people he favours.

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by KiNg0G: 10:43am On Oct 24, 2023
REMA

I think much can't be said about remmyboy, I mean he hasn't sold 02arena but the stats are there.. baby calm down stats are there. Being on billboards overseas and getting rushed by hollywood musicians just to taste the african sauce.. the stats are there....no grammie's yet, but the stats are there...Yesterday, my guys and I had an argument and I told them bluntly..In the history of Nigeria's entertainment industry, no one has received much international recognition like Rema. Let's forget about the inferiority complex and talk about facts. Is it psquare? Yea they did it... Is it dbanj yes he did it....is it the BIG 3 ?....yea they did it...but we talking about HUGE WAVE.... BLOWING.. WORLDWIDE RECOGNITION within a short period of time.

The most annoying thing is when you start to speak the fact you will be assumed to be a kid being called gen z and the rest, bro I am in my 30s what are you talking about?

I feel so much joy when I get on tiktok, instagram, facebook and see people from different racial ethnicity using that soundtrack I am like we are there!. AFRICA IS THERE.

Selena gomez called the label and said I want to be on this remix...not the other way round.. not paid features or agbeg please accept my feature!.... but hey the kid still has a long way to go and I believe he is going to achieve alot.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by KiNg0G: 10:44am On Oct 24, 2023
So ladies and gentlemen you have it, feel free to click the like button on the musician you think surprised you the most.

LETS DO A POLL

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by PythonTutorial2(m): 12:10pm On Oct 24, 2023
** OPINION POLL **
Click like for Rema
Click share for Asake

50 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Pythagon(m): 2:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
Rema

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Searchingvictor: 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2023
Rema. He's really going places mehn

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Lungdick: 8:26pm On Oct 24, 2023
That asake picture funny abeg grin grin grin

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by KiNg0G: 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2023
Nlfpmod hwfar boss take this to fp
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by ATEAMS: 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
All oo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Omniman(m): 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
Not surprising…

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Lanre1st(m): 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2023
All
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by sukkot: 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
wink
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Tayorshd87: 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
Why is olamide not on the list ?
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by xihari: 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
That edo yahoo boy when dey sing off key

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by pol23: 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
When you're Talented - you only need a little push...... That's the case of Omalay.
When you're a street boy and you roll with big boys, you can meet with bigger boy who runs the label... That's Asake.
When grace and mercy locate you - that's Rema.
They're all Talented, with different audience...
I love Asake music m, but I love Rema personality more.
But there 2 bad artist currently in Nigeria who are hotter than fire.... Ruger and Bellashmurda... Those 2 guys are beast

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by KnowledgePower7: 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
One time I meet Dbull in Ojuelegba
He was looking like bus conductor that hasn't eaten for 2 days...

The Nigga really surprised me shocked

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Donvictor2015: 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
Rema! Rema!! Rema!!!

It's Rhema time

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by ZaddyJ: 6:07pm On Oct 25, 2023
Asake for me

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Edoreborn: 6:07pm On Oct 25, 2023
Al oo
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by tiswell(m): 6:07pm On Oct 25, 2023
All them are upcoming, so what surprise are you talking about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by 9jaBloke: 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2023
Very tough choice because the three of them have done incredibly well.

Rema released Dumebi aged 19 in 2019 and it was refreshingly unique and catchy. Like some of Jazzy's previous younglings, many expected his light to dim, but he dropped banger after banger, established a distinct musical style, went global with Calm Down and put his sound on the world map. He won Headies next rated 2019 and he is just 23.

Omah Lay's 'Lo Lo' is unarguably one of the best songs released during the COVID. It ruled the airwaves and definitely made our lockdown better. He proved not to be a flash in the pan by staying consistent and he does not have a bad song till date. He went on to win the headies next rated award for year 2020. He is 26.

Asake was so ubiquitous in 2022 that he became a household name in less than a year. He is a typical case of preparation meets opportunity. He and Yhemolee practically ruled the entertainment space while at OAU Ife, so when YBNL came calling, he was ready. I call him the Tupac of our day because his lyrical prowess is mind-blowing. Headies next rated 2023. He is 28.

You see why it is a difficult choice, they were all rated to blow.

I will go with Omah Lay though. Reason: While Rema had Don Jazzy and Asake had Olamide, Omah Lay self-produced his debut song 'bad influence' to break himself into the limelight.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by owolabi5: 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2023
grin

SHALLIPOPI

12 Likes

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Agunesinjaweola: 6:08pm On Oct 25, 2023
KiNg0G:
ASAKE

Well i am not a huge fan of Fuji music, maybe because I am from the south and think music should be something that can be easily understood and related to but it's not a bad ideal to promote your songs in your culture, language and tell your story for your own people who can really relate to it ... But you see asake should be giving is respect, is props. He has achieved a lot, that i wonder how a lone musician can be topping the stream charts for 2 to 3 years from every new release he made and yet they are some musicians before him who hasn't smell the top 10. In spite of multiple claims from individuals that the label is facilitating his songs with streaming farm tools to and fro.. Dude didn't dull at all, he went ahead and sold out the 02 arena. When I viewed the video clip of is concert last 2month, I was like Maybe God truly has the people he favours.
Except that Asake doesn't have a good wardrobe Manager and good taste of fashion 😉

11 Likes

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Ashirioluwa: 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2023
None
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by occfx: 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2023
Odumodu

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by siofra(f): 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2023
Rema.

Yes, he's very good but I didn't expect him to go global with a song like Calm Down.

It shows the power of good marketing, agood record label and a catchy tune. Because the lyrics were mid.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Available9: 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2023
Davido... despite his bad frog voice..
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Acidosis(m): 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2023
Omah Lay and Rema.
Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by Deicide: 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2023
My favourite Nigeria Musician right now Na Arya Starr

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Current Nigerian Musicians Surprised You The Most? by geoworldedu: 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2023
Asake

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Radio Shows In Lagos/Nigeria? / Demmie Vee - "Figure 8" (Audio) / Bobrisky Gate Man Jacob Hyped On Mc Galaxy New Song - "Jacurb Dance" (audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.