Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,515 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal (19419 Views)

P&ID Scandal: Muhammadu Buhari Speaks / Terrorists Attend Secret Meeting With Nigerian 'Officials' / P&ID Scandal: British Court Judgement Shows Malami Lied Against Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by Otolomo1(m): 4:04pm On Oct 24, 2023
Only God can heal the land
Islie:
“This case has, sadly, brought together a combination of examples of what some individuals will do for money,” the UK court ruled.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/636492-uk-court-laments-greediness-of-nigerian-officials-in-pid-scandal.html
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by themanderon: 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2023
This is still happening today. In fact, this is part of the reason we have found ourselves in this mess today. Nigerian officials putting their greedy interests first ahead of national interest. The kind of hardship this would have further inflicted on poor suffering Nigerians would have been unimaginable.
Our leaders are crooks but Britain shouldn't act all holy as some of these stolen monies are cooling in their vaults.
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by emmaodet: 4:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
casualobserver:

A foreigner reading your post would think these "public officials" are aliens not Nigerians and we the citizens are good upright people. Our problem are not public officials our problems are us. We are the ones who become public officials. It's not public officials that steall manhole covers, highway railings, railways tracks etc, its people like you and I.

The other day I asked a LASTMA operative why he wasnt stoping the busdrivers that were blatantly driving against traffic, he told me they beat them up...as in the bus drivers beat the lastma officials if they (LASTMA) try to apprehend them.

grin

1 Like

Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by sulaak(m): 4:28pm On Oct 24, 2023
seunmsg:
The truth is that a lot of Nigerians are exactly like the greedy officials that sold out the country for peanuts to P&ID. Corruption know no politicial parry, religion or ethnicity. It is simply endemic among Nigerians. This very sad case happened under Yar'adua/Jonathan. Today, these two former leaders are praised as saints. If not for the effort of Buhari and Malami in particular, this scam against Nigeria would have been successful as the Jonathan administration was already discussing payment terms before Buhari took over.

In fact, the kind of bashing Buhari, Tinubu and APC would have gotten if Nigeria had lost the case would have been deafening. Atiku, Obi, Rufai and other haters of Nigeria would have been falling on each other in a struggle to see who can come up with the most asinine statement against the APC government. Today, they are all quiet and pretending like nothing significant was achieved.

Nigeria shall continue to win over all her enemies.

It was the effort of the Oyingbo legal systems that saved Nigeria.

In 2017 Buhari and Malami didn't even have the court hearing, and P& ID were offered the $6.6 billion award.

Buhari and Tinubu have done more damage to Nigerians beyond losing the P&ID case. Under Buhari and Tinubu, Nigeria's GDP has dropped from $570 billion to $395 billion. The country's external debt is now $60 billion and reserves less than $5 billion. I would have rather lost the P&ID case than have 8 years of Buhari and Tinubu

A summary of the case is below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R17tTMQEkps

1 Like

Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by solreb: 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2023
BTC63i:
How can you mine Bitcoin with your android phone? 1 BTC is $35000 today. SCAM ALERT!!! BE WARNED.
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by PoliteActivist: 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2023
casualobserver:

A foreigner reading your post would think these "public officials" are aliens not Nigerians and we the citizens are good upright people. Our problem are not public officials our problems are us. We are the ones who become public officials. It's not public officials that steall manhole covers, highway railings, railways tracks etc, its people like you and I.

The other day I asked a LASTMA operative why he wasnt stoping the busdrivers that were blatantly driving against traffic, he told me they beat them up...as in the bus drivers beat the lastma officials if they (LASTMA) try to apprehend them.

Yeah but it is only real public officials, the political class, that can sell the country to the tune of billions/trillions of naira, NOT the common man!

1 Like

Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by Bluntemperor: 4:52pm On Oct 24, 2023
Benekkk:
Cry me a river! The betrayal of this country cannot even be chronicled. The devil has serious questions to answer about Nigeria’s case!

Very Shameful and Pathetic, that UK Judges- have to come to bail Nigeria on many occasions but why? Corruption!
Imagine this fraudulent Contracts that even the NNPC Officials knew ab- initio that this is non stata! Same with Ibori and we de wait for Dezani,under GEJ govt!
Yet, many of these crooked are still in Govt as workers,the oil and gas,waiting for another to happen to Nigeria!
This is how those who supposedly should be fighting for Nigeria, albert Patriotism, failed us because of Greed!
Our Children and their generations may not forgive those that makes Nigeria to become anyhow,instead of being great!
They cornered the Oil and Gas,
-the Power( DISCOS and Gemco),
-Cornered the FOREX and the Banks,
- Cornered virtually everything but thank God, they can't corner the Air we breathe!

1 Like

Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by Benekkk: 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Very Shameful and Pathetic, that UK Judges- have to come to bail Nigeria on many occasions but why? Corruption!
Imagine this fraudulent Contracts that even the NNPC Officials knew ab- initio that this is non stata! Same with Ibori and we de wait for Dezani,under GEJ govt!
Yet, many of these crooked are still in Govt as workers,the oil and gas,waiting for another to happen to Nigeria!
This is how those who supposedly should be fighting for Nigeria, albert Patriotism, failed us because of Greed!
Our Children and their generations may not forgive those that makes Nigeria to become anyhow,instead of being great!
They cornered the Oil and Gas,
-the Power( DISCOS and Gemco),
-Cornered the FOREX and the Banks,
- Cornered virtually everything but thank God, they can't corner the Air we breathe!
All the stolen money can’t buy any one of them more than a 6 foot deep grave at the end. The worms that will eat the corpses are waiting impatiently!
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by Moniya4Real(m): 5:11pm On Oct 24, 2023
Now, with All this glaring and unambiguous revelations, No heads will roll as usual and more painful is the fact that this devilish and unsavory ‘contractual agreement scam ‘was Carried out during the regime and under the nose of a very popular president, which some idiots supporting them still want them back into power. Most painful is: Na the only one wey we know be this o.
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by Moniya4Real(m): 5:15pm On Oct 24, 2023
Keep making case for past government before the destructive APC government. I pity you bro. They are all the same

sulaak:

It was the effort of the Oyingbo legal systems that saved Nigeria.

In 2017 Buhari and Malami didn't even have the court hearing, and P& ID were offered the $6.6 billion award.

Buhari and Tinubu have done more damage to Nigerians beyond losing the P&ID case. Under Buhari and Tinubu, Nigeria's GDP has dropped from $570 billion to $395 billion. The country's external debt is now $60 billion and reserves less than $5 billion. I would have rather lost the P&ID case than have 8 years of Buhari and Tinubu

A summary of the case is below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R17tTMQEkps
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by casualobserver: 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Yeah but it is only real public officials, the political class, that can sell the country to the tune of billions/trillions of naira, NOT the common man!
because they have the same makeup and mindset of the typical Nigerian. the only thing differentiating them from the regular Nigerian is they have access to commit bigger thefts. The one thing I have discovered about Nigeria is that the masses are even more wicked people...they just dont have the opportunity. Sometimes I wonder if the reason public officials dont seem to care about the masses is because they understand the masses are equally wicked people.

I hate to say it but the good amongst us are few!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by PoliteActivist: 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2023
casualobserver:

because they have the same makeup and mindset of the typical Nigerian. the only thing differentiating them from the regular Nigerian is they have access to commit bigger thefts. The one thing I have discovered about Nigeria is that the masses are even more wicked people...they just dont have the opportunity. Sometimes I wonder if the reason public officials dont seem to care about the masses is because they understand the masses are equally wicked people.
I hate to say it but the good amongst us are few!!!

You're right, Nigerians generally are about the most scammy people on earth. But we're discussing why Nigeria is in a bad shape despite it's great potential. The reason is not the common man. The reason is our corrupt leaders, public officials, political class
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by DOM7: 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2023
Even as you tried and come clean on this what about the so many that embezzled the country wealth and stash it in your country including the man with the steering now, what are you doing about that?
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by Swiftgrp: 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2023
Islie:
“This case has, sadly, brought together a combination of examples of what some individuals will do for money,” the UK court ruled.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/636492-uk-court-laments-greediness-of-nigerian-officials-in-pid-scandal.html
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by casualobserver: 5:52pm On Oct 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You're right, Nigerians generally are about the most scammy people on earth. But we're discussing why Nigeria is in a bad shape despite it's great potential. The reason is not the common man. The reason is our corrupt leaders, public officials, political class

and I am saying the leaders are no different from the followers. We all have the same mindset. The followers will do the same thing if they are in power.

A thief is a thief whether he has the opportunity to steal or not, a thief is a thief whether he is a small thief or a big thief. The only difference between the masses and the leaders is the opportunity for grand larceny is not open to the masses.

Remmember the president who said he had no shoes? A man without shoes can be classified as poor or started life poor. This is a man whose career was as a lecturer. What is the source of the wealth he and his wife have today? Remember this was the man who was once poor and couldnt afford shoes.

1 Like

Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by Sharatan(m): 6:11pm On Oct 24, 2023
gabbytabby:
Another enemy of Nigeria spotted

FYI, I’m not an enemy of Nigeria. I’m just saying., it’s very disgraceful for a nation like Nigeria to agree to bribery and corruption in a very open case such as this. The people carrying out these acts are the same people at the helm of affairs in the country. People that have been given positions to use their knowledge to carry the nation to greater heights are the same people taking us back to the 18th century with their selfishness. No iota of patriotism left in their criminal brains.
Let me ask, Is it not shameful?
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by UNDFTD: 6:18pm On Oct 24, 2023
Why is UK Court moaning about the greediness and rut in Nigeria? Is it NOT the UK who is supporting and sponsoring such behaviors? As they say, "Karma is a bitch." Just like they are crying about the Islamic terrorists taking over their country, this is just the beginning. The evil that they have always cuddled and supported will SWALLOW them whole!
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by PoliteActivist: 6:18pm On Oct 24, 2023
casualobserver:

and I am saying the leaders are no different from the followers. We all have the same mindset. The followers will do the same thing if they are in power.

A thief is a thief whether he has the opportunity to steal or not, a thief is a thief whether he is a small thief or a big thief. The only difference between the masses and the leaders is the opportunity for grand larceny is not open to the masses.

Remmember the president who said he had no shoes? A man without shoes can be classified as poor or started life poor. This is a man whose career was as a lecturer. What is the source of the wealth he and his wife have today? Remember this was the man who was once poor and couldnt afford shoes.

Yes, MOST human beings are thieves - POTENTIALLY! Wether they are Nigerians or not. But that doesn't mean most humans steal or have stolen before.
So we are not discussing potential. We are discussing what actually led to Nigeria being in bad shape. It is NOT the common man. It is our corrupt leaders, politicians, public officials!
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by casualobserver: 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Yes, MOST human beings are thieves - POTENTIALLY! Wether they are Nigerians or not. But that doesn't mean most humans steal or have stolen before.
So we are not discussing potential. We are discussing what actually led to Nigeria being in bad shape. It is NOT the common man. It is our corrupt leaders, politicians, public officials!

It is not by accident that we are known abroad as fraudsters and theives. Na only us dey this world? Why always Nigerians? We are naturally crooked people.

Until Nigerians take responsibility for their role in where we have gotten oitlrselves, nothing will change. No good leader can save a damaged populace. One of the reasons we have bad leaders is that the few good people in society have left the governance space for the charlatans. Why? Because it is the same Nigerian masses that frustrate their efforts.

Societies function because there are more good people than bad. In Nigeria, there are more bad than good.

1 Like

Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by PoliteActivist: 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2023
casualobserver:

It is not by accident that we are known abroad as fraudsters and theives. Na only us dey this world? Why always Nigerians? We are naturally crooked people.

Until Nigerians take responsibility for their role in where we have gotten oitlrselves, nothing will change. No good leader can save a damaged populace. One of the reasons we have bad leaders is that the few good people in society have left the governance space for the charlatans. Why? Because it is the same Nigerian masses that frustrate their efforts.

😄 There's this Ugandan lady I chat with on whatsapp. Then I couldn't reach her again. When she came back she told me Nigerians hacked her Whatsapp. Asked how she knew it was Nigerians - she said it's because it is Nigerians that do such stuff!😅
The average American or Australian is corrupt too. Just that they are lucky that people that matter, people in leadership, police, judges, etc are not so corrupt
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by casualobserver: 6:44pm On Oct 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:

😄 There's this Ugandan lady I chat with on whatsapp. Then I couldn't reach her again. When she came back she told me Nigerians hacked her Whatsapp. Asked how she knew it was Nigerians - she said it's because it is Nigerians that do such stuff!😅
The average American or Australian is corrupt too. Just that they are lucky that people that matter, people in leadership, police, judges, etc are not so corrupt

that is the problem...you any the Nigerian masses refuse to take responsibility and instead prefer to shift the blame because it prevents you from confronting the ugly reality...which is that we are largely a selfish corrupt untrustworthy wicked people.

Every country has good eggs and bad eggs. The issue is how many more bad eggs than good eggs does your society contain. When you say "hello" to the average Nigerian the next thing, he is looking to scam or get money from you. We know even amongst ourselves we cant be trusted.

lets stop pretending abeg!

1 Like

Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by PoliteActivist: 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2023
casualobserver:

that is the problem...you any the Nigerian masses refuse to take responsibility and instead prefer to shift the blame because it prevents you from confronting the ugly reality...which is that we are largely a selfish corrupt untrustworthy wicked people.

Every country has good eggs and bad eggs. The issue is how many more bad eggs than good eggs does your society contain. When you say "hello" to the average Nigerian the next thing, he is looking to scam or get money from you. We know even amongst ourselves we cant be trusted.

lets stop pretending abeg!

So why is it when Nigerians go to a country in large numbers the country doesn't become corrupt? Simple, because the leadership of those countries stay not so corrupt. It boils down to leadership. They're the ones that can make examples of corrupt people as deterance to others. But when they themselves are corrupt...
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by casualobserver: 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:

So why is it when Nigerians go to a country in large numbers the country doesn't become corrupt? Simple, because the leadership of those countries stay not so corrupt. It boils down to leadership. They're the ones that can make examples of corrupt people as deterance to others. But when they themselves are corrupt...

which country are you talking about where Nigerians have overwhelmed them such that Nigerians are now the majority?

Oga take a look in the mirror and confront the ugly reality.

1 Like

Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by PoliteActivist: 7:45pm On Oct 24, 2023
casualobserver:

which country are you talking about where Nigerians have overwhelmed them such that Nigerians are now the majority?

Oga take a look in the mirror and confront the ugly reality.

South Africa for example, despite that many black South Africans are not too honest, Nigerians have not imported corruption. So also many enclaves. But if Nigerians were to take over LEADERSHIP of those places en masse...
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by casualobserver: 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:

South Africa for example, despite that many black South Africans are not too honest, Nigerians have not imported corruption. So also many enclaves. But if Nigerians were to take over LEADERSHIP of those places en masse...

Guy talk with sense. Are there more Nigerians than South Africans in South Africa? Is this not the same South Africa where they are driving Nigerians away?

You are just deflecting because you don’t want to face the truth.

EOD

1 Like

Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by PoliteActivist: 9:01pm On Oct 24, 2023
casualobserver:

Guy talk with sense. Are there more Nigerians than South Africans in South Africa? Is this not the same South Africa where they are driving Nigerians away?

You are just deflecting because you don’t want to face the truth.

EOD

My friend it is LEADERSHIP!!
Here's what I'm saying about SA: many black South Africans are quite corrupt. Add to that the huge number of Nigerians. But that hasn't turned SA into a corrupt country like Naija BECAUSE their leadership is not too corrupt!! If you were to hand those Nigerians leadership of SA you'd quickly have another Nigeria.
It boils down to the LEADERS.
China is communist because CCP is communist, NOT because most Chinese have communist mindsets!!!
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by Jadiks: 9:02pm On Oct 24, 2023
seunmsg:
The truth is that a lot of Nigerians are exactly like the greedy officials that sold out the country for peanuts to P&ID. Corruption know no politicial parry, religion or ethnicity. It is simply endemic among Nigerians. This very sad case happened under Yar'adua/Jonathan. Today, these two former leaders are praised as saints. If not for the effort of Buhari and Malami in particular, this scam against Nigeria would have been successful as the Jonathan administration was already discussing payment terms before Buhari took over.

In fact, the kind of bashing Buhari, Tinubu and APC would have gotten if Nigeria had lost the case would have been deafening. Atiku, Obi, Rufai and other haters of Nigeria would have been falling on each other in a struggle to see who can come up with the most asinine statement against the APC government. Today, they are all quiet and pretending like nothing significant was achieved.

true talk
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by 3seriez(m): 12:25am On Oct 25, 2023
Benekkk:
Cry me a river! The betrayal of this country cannot even be chronicled. The devil has serious questions to answer about Nigeria’s case!

Like a friend would say, there is a special "Hell fire"reserved for Just Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by NonsenseRubbish: 12:37am On Oct 25, 2023
Nigeria is just a comedy show 😂😂
The same people that were looking to benefit from the deal turned around and called Nigeria greedy. Shame 😂
Tinubu get mind to call them greedy or any names??
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by NonsenseRubbish: 12:38am On Oct 25, 2023
Even Israel get mouth/level pass Nigeria on the international scene 😂
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by afube: 12:47am On Oct 25, 2023
seunmsg:

The only reason the pi id case no fly was because officials in APC where not privy to the arrangement! The 20 billion dollars that Buhari borrowed and wasted is what exactly? Buhari's corruption and incompetence is even worse!
Re: UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal by emmyN(m): 2:25am On Oct 25, 2023
seunmsg:

If you do not have selective amnesia you will recall that it was the laxity of the Buhari-led government that cost the nation the initial $6billion award. That deal was struck by Northern cabals in control of the government at the time Yar'adua was ailing on his behalf and possibly with his consent. GEJ saw the folly of the contract and entered into dispute with it until he left office. Buhari got in and abandoned the whole process until the received the shocking $6bn award which raised outcry before they took action.

Every bashing against Buhari, Tinubu, and APC is therefore justified as they have colluded together to plunge Nigerians into hopelessness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Under Ihejirika, No Town Was Captured By Boko Haram – Northern Youths / N15bn: EFCC Submits Report To President / FG Announces Plans To Employ All Qualified And Licenced Teachers In The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.