Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,767 members, 7,824,220 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? (23271 Views)

Help! Kindly Suggest A Pumping Machine For Borehole Installation. / Water Pumping Machine Voltage Issue / Where Can I Buy A Water Pumping Machine Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Owaincouncil: 4:38pm On Oct 24, 2023
Check the kwh left on your meter, then, pump for 1 hour. Check the balance of your kwh. That will help you to know how many kwh you used per hour, then multiply by #60, that will give you the amount per hour to pump and always pump as per hour until their 5k finish.
I hope this will help

2 Likes

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Treasure17(m): 4:39pm On Oct 24, 2023
Depending on the number of tenants.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Manofsteel2013(m): 4:40pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hmmmmmn angry
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by directonpc(m): 4:40pm On Oct 24, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:

You will regret this bitterly.
Let one of them volunteer his meter and not you.

I won't say more than this.
I dey suffer something like this now 😂
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by zeestone99(m): 4:40pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
I stays in an apartment that has five 5flat , each flat occupied with 5 different tenants including myself. Before we uses direct electricity which we collectively pays monthly but recently got change to prepaid meter. With each fat with it own prepaid meter. The landlord refuse to bring another prepaid separately for the compound water Pumping Machine.
However the tenants come to dialogue and agreed to tap electricity from my own prepaid meter to the pumping machine in agreement that each tenant will be paying me 1000naira monthly. So I want to know if 5k can be enough to run pumping machine for a month?

Buy an energy meter to read the consumption of the pump. From there u can calc the amount of unit used to naira

2 Likes

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by johnpablo541(m): 4:40pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
I stays in an apartment that has five 5flat , each flat occupied with 5 different tenants including myself. Before we uses direct electricity which we collectively pays monthly but recently got change to prepaid meter. With each fat with it own prepaid meter. The landlord refuse to bring another prepaid separately for the compound water Pumping Machine.
However the tenants come to dialogue and agreed to tap electricity from my own prepaid meter to the pumping machine in agreement that each tenant will be paying me 1000naira monthly. So I want to know if 5k can be enough to run pumping machine for a month?

1000naira per flat is more than enough, which is 5k per month. My compound makes use of 1hp pumping machine and we contribute 400naira monthly for the prepaid meter. Total number of flats in my compound is 8.

1 Like

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by FireUpNow(m): 4:40pm On Oct 24, 2023
You made a very terrible agreement to start with. If I were you, my best option would be each tenent will use his or her own prepaid meter for the pumping machine turn by turn on weekly or daily basis. So that it will be a kind of rotation.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by KillIgbohoN0W: 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2023
directonpc:

I dey suffer something like this now 😂

He will weep.
When he finally comes to his senses & tries to stop it they will gang up against him.

Now is the best time to end this shit.

1 Like

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Celly2020: 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2023
If you people pumps water 3 time a week the money is enough
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by kushe: 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:

Start with 30 mins consuming 1 unit if it is a 1HP pump.
How many mins does it run in a day?
Let's assume u guys pump 4 times of 30 mins each,that is 4 units.
In 30 days that is approximately 120 units.
At about 75 per unit in my area,that should be about 9k for a month.
Bigger pump will cost more.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by uuzba(m): 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2023
xihari:
So in conclusion no body knows
Because everyone used different amounts of water from different sources.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by OpinionCounts(m): 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:

No it won't.

Tariff is high now. By the time VAT is deducted from that 5k contribution, you will be left with about 4,600 or 4,700. How many units do you think that can get you? To last you for a whole month of water pumping.

Atleast, and I repeat, atleast 2k per flat should be the monthly contribution.

Remember that immediately they pay you that 1k, you have no right or authority anymore to stop them from pumping the water or using the water anyhow they want.

I repeat, 2k minimum. If they refuse, then they should put it in another person's flat.

1 Like

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by GVTAsiwaju(m): 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:

Depending on usage: N5k last for about 2months and there six flats in my house.. more or less 5flats cos I am the only one in a flat
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by uuzba(m): 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2023
Celly2020:
If you people pumps pump water 3 time a week the money is enough
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Chinostuff: 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2023
₦1000 each is enough, we pump twice a day, an estate with 16 flats and we recharge 5k monthly.
Sometimes it spills to the next month
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by seuxfad(m): 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2023
The best option for you is to share it among each other, you will call electrician to run a socket for each Flat, each flat will be pumping every month, for example if Flat A is pumping in October , Flat B will be pumping in November like that ......
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Blackdisciple(m): 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2023
Pending on the water usage..
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by biggy00000(m): 4:45pm On Oct 24, 2023
1k per flat is more than enough to pump water - 2 standard house water tank per month.
In fact, with that amount, you might not even be buying token for your house hold as the loaded 4k should serve except you put AC/ cooker ontop.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Bennycollins: 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2023
5k a month is enough even if you people are pumping everyday, assuming 6k ltrs tank capacity and a 1hp submersible.
1kwh in my city costs about N60, vAT inclusive, that should fill the tanks once.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Ferdinandu(m): 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
My compound has a meter separately for pumping machine, we spend averagely 3,000 for it. We are 3 families in the compound with population of just 7
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by aikyg(m): 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2023
Not much! Pumping machine has about 0.9 KW rating. So in a month it should be consuming about 648 KWhr
Power consumed in a day = 0.9 KW x 24 hr = 21.6 KWhr
Power Consumption in a month = 0.9 KW x 24 hr x 30 = 648 KWhr
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by NotoriousBiggyS: 4:52pm On Oct 24, 2023
Fahvvy:
It depends on a lot of factors undecided...

Factors such as the power consumption of the water pump machine (that is the size of the pump machine), frequency of use per month (that is, how many times the water pump machine is used per month) etc undecided...

So one can't really tell for certainty undecided...

However, since all the flat have their own meter, why did they decide to use your own and then pay you? undecided...

Why can't they use the meter of one of the other tenant and then you pay them the 1k? undecided...

My flat is the closest to the pumping machine unit
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by kushe: 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2023
I am amazed at all u people pumping water only a few times per week.
Do u like have massive storage tanks or u don't use the water at all.
If u flush all the toilets in a house and do laundry,wash plates wash car,and then multiply that by multiple flats,I guess there will be a need to pump at least once daily.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Deicide: 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2023
Don't allow it, cause once time reach to pay some go say money no day.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Edoreborn: 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2023
My friend get fish pond like 3 inside one compound...Na 5k e dey pay o n still dey complain
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by IMPARTIAL: 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2023
More than enough! Believe me.

You know what? Check the balance on your meter before someone is about to pump. After pumping, check the balance again. You would find out that it's not that bad.

5k is enough for the month.

1 Like

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by hardon1(m): 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2023
lomprico:
Ladies and gentlemen, $1 = N1,300.

Imagin something that was 700 in may this year... E don drop by whooping N600
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by chrisifeanyi: 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2023
How many tank? What's the horsepower of the sumo? Answer then I'll tell you
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Enskynelson(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
It's no easy to determine that. I wish you could do one month without the pumping machine then do another month with it then check the difference.
I am in a situation as yours though slightly differently. I have four flats in my compound and an extra family in the next compound we pump for. In my case, my family size is the smallest. We have two overhead tanks in our compound and another overhead tank in the next compound, total of 3. I pump as elfrequent as once in every other day or 2days interval sometimes.
I have been doing this for more than 2 years. Here is my experience:
It doesn't consume so much. If it were in my compound, 3k to 3500 per month will be enough.
After the first few months, tenants started behaving as if they are doing me a favour by paying the money.
Sometimes, people ON the pumping machine and go to bed. When the water is full, they don't care to get up to switch since it is not connected to their meter.
The above makes me often no comfortable as I often have to wake up dead at night to switch off the pumping machine that someone else put ON.
Sometimes, even when I just finished pumping some hours ago, another person will come and switch it ON.

After some months, I got tired and told them to leave the water pumping for me to handle myself. This I have been doing for close to 2 years. I don't collect a dime from them anymore. I pump the water alone. I manage the water availability in the compound. Even when there is no power supply and I need to use gen, I most of times use my money to buy fuel and I really don't care. The above I chose to do because of the fact that some persons feel they were doing me a favour. You can see someone owing for two months or you go ask for the money and he tells you he doesn't have to give you yet even when u know it is not true. Funny enough, the person in the other compound can disturb. He often call at late hours for me to pump water for him. His water finishes quickly as he is the reason we pump every 2days. Look at my experience and choose wisely.

NB: I pay all the bills as part of my contribution and help in the compound and also to the other family in the other compound. In spite all these, I still have one of my tenants who like bypassing the metre for his compound. I pray NEPA people catch him very soon. This same man has money to use gen when there is no light yet bypasses metre at will.

1 Like

Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by Blitzking: 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
Make una contribute money for prepaid minus am from una rent..and start recharging the prepaid machine to avoid stories that touch.
Re: How Much Electricity Does Water Pumping Machine Use In a Month? by highoctane: 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2023
NotoriousBiggyS:
Why didn't your homeowner volunteer his meter? Why should it be you.
Your question smacks whether you will benefit, not what you will lose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Should I Look Out For When Buying A Land? Help Guys / Building Detached Duplexes In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / 7 Compelling Reasons Why You Should Build Your Own House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.