Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,110 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions (52226 Views)

EFCC Probes Dangote, BUA, 50 Other Companies Over Forex Transactions / Dollar Hits N600 At Parallel Market, FOREX Supply Shrinks / Forex Transactions On Investors & Exporters Window Hit $7.62bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by Nobody: 2:48am On Oct 25, 2023
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:49am On Oct 25, 2023
🏦
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by WAPINATION: 2:52am On Oct 25, 2023
As far as Aboki remains the major player in the FX black Market forget it. FG can make their law while Aboki awaits them at implementation.
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by Nobody: 2:52am On Oct 25, 2023
Agbadorians understands these garrulous misfires.
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:53am On Oct 25, 2023
👀
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by franugo(m): 2:56am On Oct 25, 2023
What a sensational headline....freestuffsng, where exactly in this long news was it stated that fg outlawed black market transactions?
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:02am On Oct 25, 2023
🏦

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:05am On Oct 25, 2023
🏦

1 Like

Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by Artiiclebeast: 3:07am On Oct 25, 2023
Unfortunately and as expected to see that in all of this no nowhere was it mentioned to "cut down on government spending, governance size, and looting".

What beautiful gibberish and unimplementable nonsense as usual.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:08am On Oct 25, 2023
👀

1 Like

Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by Hoelujohn: 3:18am On Oct 25, 2023
joseph1832:
Na wa oh. How feasible will this be? Nigerians always seem to have a back door for everything.
Shey black market dey UK?
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by Hoelujohn: 3:19am On Oct 25, 2023
rickleye:
Talk is cheap !
Is That street FX the main thing that ails Nigerians ?
I think it will make sense if they put death sentence as penalty.
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by franugo(m): 3:22am On Oct 25, 2023
samintegrity:

I tell you sir.

I don't understand why we need to make payment in dollars when our local currency is Naira.

If CBN can achieve that, most BOC and fine tech companies would be forced to close down.

Well, perhaps they know this but maybe because someone somewhere is making huge money from it hence the reason why they just aren't looking at this direction.

I may be wrong thou.

When you make fx transaction in naira, your naira account is debited with the naira equivalent but your bank still has to remit to the merchant in the currency of the merchant, and therein lies the problem cause banks cannot get the fx from cbn (they don't have) and the inflows from people abroad are withdrawn by Nigerian beneficiaries and sold to black market operators (and who can blame them when they're just looking to get maximum value?)

Fg should stop wasting scarce fx on pilgrimage, car importation for lawmakers, even petrol importation harms fx so fix the refineries for pete's sake, i don't understand why a govt cannot fix ONE refinery when individuals are building much bigger ones.

The op is mere propaganda cause they can't ban BMO without providing the necessary fx, that will just plunge our economy to the gutters cause manufacturers import equipments with fx from BMO, car sellers import cars using fx from BMO, and the list goes on., the only way out i see is for fg to go beg US to have a currency swap deal in place but what value does the naira offer when even its core users don't want it?
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by naturefellow(m): 3:23am On Oct 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
13. Expand the official foreign exchange market to incorporate BDCs, forex apps and retail fx dealers, and outlaw transactions in the black market

14. Digitalise Nigeria’s fx regime and discourage speculative demands and hoarding of fx in cash

15. Imposition of excise tax on foreign exchange transactions outside the official market

Great job by Taiwo Oyedele and his team of patriotic Nigerians. These are bold audacious moves by the Asiwaju Tinubu-led Federal Government. This is absolutely brilliant!

Only unpatriotic and greedy people will go buy fx to hoard and they deserve not only to lose their funds but must be prosecuted for economic sabotage as well.

This current FG will not go borrowing money or use hard-earned forex inflow to fight against the overvalued US dollar on the streets. You all will get burnt las las.

Those being deceived to keep hoarding forex will get burnt severely las las.

It's criminal and unpatriotic mindset that will make an otherwise educated person who spends almost 100% of his day to day expenses in naira to still go and hoard forex and crowd out those who genuinely need it. If they don't get burnt, no defence of the naira will deter such unpatriotic elements.Not even EFCC that Mr Emefiele kept sending after them will make them stop.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
last but not the least, depose the certificate forger, mandate snatcher and cocaine sniffer from Aso Rock.

Dey play! No be enemies of Nigeria, na soldiers of fortune. undecided
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by Sillymoderators: 3:23am On Oct 25, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
KEEP PLAYING... cheesy
😜😜
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by naturefellow(m): 3:26am On Oct 25, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Wawu. I am just here to read comments cool

Ps: a few Obidients that came out on Saturday to protest against Tinubu in Canada. Obidients movement don lose steam.
keep it up.

Removing the certificate forger is #1 solution. Not this long bullet points of gibberish.

Templarlandry seunmsg moh247 freestuffsng mannabbqgrils denreledave duro4change
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by franugo(m): 3:33am On Oct 25, 2023
mariahAngel:

Your own na to dey laugh nonsense laugh. undecided

Because the op's topic is laughable.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:35am On Oct 25, 2023
👀
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:37am On Oct 25, 2023
👀
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by badinfluence: 3:53am On Oct 25, 2023
Is anyone having troubles transacting on Sendwave?
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by sweerychick(f): 4:00am On Oct 25, 2023
emperor863:

Who is Peter obi? How relevant is he in the scheme of things? Has anybody called him out or mention his name in an academic discuss?

Your Agulu clown is not even relevant as things stand today.
yea he's not relevant just as you are on Nairaland
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by Amumaigwe: 4:06am On Oct 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
13. Expand the official foreign exchange market to incorporate BDCs, forex apps and retail fx dealers, and outlaw transactions in the black market

14. Digitalise Nigeria’s fx regime and discourage speculative demands and hoarding of fx in cash

15. Imposition of excise tax on foreign exchange transactions outside the official market

Great job by Taiwo Oyedele and his team of patriotic Nigerians. These are bold audacious moves by the Asiwaju Tinubu-led Federal Government. This is absolutely brilliant!

Only unpatriotic and greedy people will go buy fx to hoard and they deserve not only to lose their funds but must be prosecuted for economic sabotage as well.

This current FG will not go borrowing money or use hard-earned forex inflow to fight against the overvalued US dollar on the streets. You all will get burnt las las.

It's criminal and unpatriotic mindset that will make an otherwise educated person who spends almost 100% of his day to day expenses in naira to still go and hoard forex and crowd out those who genuinely need it. If they don't get burnt, no defence of the naira will deter such unpatriotic elements.Not even EFCC that Mr Emefiele kept sending after them will make them stop.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

This bot sef. Just spamming every thread with same gibberish.
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by Bimffo(m): 4:06am On Oct 25, 2023
Are they putting cryptocurrency under Black market??

No mention of crypto.

I don't buy anything with dollars, but I do it in USDT. I use it per day. Bring in cryptocurrency into the fray. Give trusted cryptocurrency companies licence to sell to Nigerians.

Cryptocurrency is here to stay. You cannot rule it out.
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by 123papas(m): 4:11am On Oct 25, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Wawu. I am just here to read comments cool

Ps: a few Obidients that came out on Saturday to protest against Tinubu in Canada. Obidients movement don lose steam. grin

Are they obidients or Nigerians?
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by planetx: 4:21am On Oct 25, 2023
No be only outlaw black market Fx they go soon inlaw am, bunch of jokers
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by naijapips04: 4:32am On Oct 25, 2023
This is fake news. Whoever moved this thing up should be removed. Seun
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by Bizibi(m): 4:36am On Oct 25, 2023
Ladech:
Make una dey calm down. It is not the ordinary Nigerian you see on the street or on twitter that hoards dollars.
It is the political elite including your Asiwaju kitchen cabinet and household.

Taiwo & his team have done a good job but wait for execution before jumping for joy.
I always tell that freestuff guy tovcalm down he is fond of doing that....

1 Like

Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by OgbeniOja1: 4:37am On Oct 25, 2023
Chasing shadows
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by victorclean(f): 4:42am On Oct 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Errand nonsense. I don't understand why the druggie always like to climb mountains in futility. Oduduwpigs are "my God" something else in reasoning. See how you just jumped in praising him without seeing action.
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by nonxo007(m): 4:50am On Oct 25, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Very painful to enemy of the state. They are coming now to start shedding tears uncontrollably.
But this is only a statement, we haven’t seen any implementation or dollar dropping, so save this image for when there is strengthening of the naira. And I don’t think there is any one be it Igbos as you assume, hate this nation. All they (we) want is a progressive Nation, void of nepotism, corruption, is that too hard to ask for ? Abi no be Wetin you want too ? So you know the dollar as at today is going for #1300. Cheers
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by lagosrd: 5:07am On Oct 25, 2023
The hausas are not the problem. If the CBN can monitor those notorious commercial banks, they will realise that any policy set up by the FG will fly with immediate effect .

Give them loans to disburse at single digit, they will fina a way to corner the FG

Give them forex to sell at CBN rates, they will find their way around it .

Give them new naira notes , they will hoard it .

Pls let the law include

Illegal deductions on people's account without immediate refund.

Unnecessary and abitrary deductions

Outrageous charges inclusive of text messages.

The money they take from customers is far more than the interest they give to the customers , also empower the efcc to expand her drag net to catch defaulters

Include jail terms for those selling new notes too sanity will return at least in this tenure.
Re: FG Outlaws Black Market FOREX Transactions by Simdyofficial(f): 5:11am On Oct 25, 2023
Na statistics we go chop? Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How A Loan App Wiped My Account And Left Me Broke / Coronavirus: List of markets shut down by Lagos State Government / London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.