Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC (25034 Views)

Akeredolu Governing Ondo From Oyo State Is Scandalous — PDP, Others / Asari Dokubo Asks Tinubu To Return NDDC To OMPADEC / Buhari Rejects Ministerial Nominations From Imo, Ondo, Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by DatNiggaDaz: 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

How you, a Yoruba man, managed to make this all about Igbos’ shows the level of hate, insecurity and fear in your wicked heart! Seems you obsess about Ndigbo 24/7!
His hatred for the people of SS & SE no be here o. A very jealous & hateful creature

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by Dodada: 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2023
Edwin Clark (African with 2 slave names): Ondo is NOT a coastal state.

Me: Old man is your brain paining you ni?

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by Dodada: 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2023
Deltancapo:

This is Niger Delta the home of ethics minority of the SS

Edo is Biafra not SS.
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by swtm(m): 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2023
As your life is barren
taylor88:
By right no south west state is supposed to be on NDDC

They’re all barren states
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by Yujin(m): 2:53pm On Oct 25, 2023
Gajagojo:
I asked you a simple question

Can you name one village or town in Anambra or Imo state that are in the Niger Delta. Just One please
I don't want to spoon feed you.
Anambra is side by side with Delta state on the River Niger down to the Delta area where she has a boundary with Rivers state. Those communities all around there have oil and gas.
Search for them yourself and you'll never forget about it. If I tell you, you will forget easily.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by Gajagojo: 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2023
Yujin:

I don't want to spoon feed you.
Anambra is side by side with Delta state on the River Niger down to the Delta area where she has a boundary with Rivers state. Those communities all around there have oil and gas.
Search for them yourself and you'll never forget about it. If I tell you, you will forget easily.
Oil and gas has nothing to do with the issue
It is irrelevant. TOTALLY

You made a claim which is clearly BASELESS and UNTRUE

Name at least one village in Imo State or Anambra state that are in the Niger Delta

No one forced you to make that absurd claim. Now that you have made it you are unable to corroborate
Just admit you were wrong
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
Armaggedon:
Idiot..If we want to follow it geographically, then there will be nothing like South South. Most states of the South South are geographically not Niger Delta.

The Niger Delta region consist only of Bayelsa state, the riverine area of Rivers state and the warri area of Delta state. The largest city in Niger Delta region is warri not Portharcourt.

Upland rivers (including Port Harcourt) Delta north in Delta state, Cross River, Edo and Akwa ibom are not part of the Niger Delta region.

The crafty old man wants to define Niger Delta region in a half -correct fashion that includes all south south states, knowing full well that if the non Niger Delta regions of the south south are excluded, they will lose claim to majority of crude oil deposits in the country. He wants a Niger Delta region where Igbo speaking people and other ethnic groups will produce oil while his ijaw will have the loudest claim.
The question is how much oil does the entire SE produce? How much? Among the SS states Edo produces the least amount of oil of just around 2.8 percent of Nigeria’s total output. But the entire 3 oil producing states in the SE(Anambra, IMO and Abia) added together, produce less than Edo state.

Make una get this fact right
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by Chrs1996(m): 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2023
Is one thing to have oil and gas resources buried under ur land, and is a different thing entirely to have it extracted. Imo, Abia and Anambra states have these resources in their abundance, but how much of it is extracted, or allowed to be extracted is a case yet to be cracked. For someone to suggest they shouldn't be part of the NDDC is malicious and a crooked way of thinking.
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by Sheggy13(m): 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2023
Abagworo:
He is right in a way but Ondo is a coastal State. NDDC has failed and will continue to fail not because of the addition of the 3 States but because it is not community based but rather State based. "OMPADEC" should be returned so that the projects will concentrate on oil producing communities not STATES. In Rivers State for example so many projects are sited in Port Harcourt instead of the communities affected by oil exploration and exploitation. NDDC should be scrapped.

Exactly. Ondo state that has the largest coastline in West Africa is what this old man is saying isn't a coastal state. Is this old age or what, I don't understand.

NDDC projects are sited in the big cities while the hinterlands that really produce the oil are left backward and neglected. Imagine the entire oil-producing areas of Ondo state haven't had electricity for over 10 years now.
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by powerhouse3(m): 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2023
Gajagojo:
Is Akwa Ibom in the Niger Delta?

Many of you talk with half Information

Do you know that by the constitution and a Supreme Court ruling Akwa Ibom is not entitled to much of the derivation it gets which is based on off-shore oil?

The same Obasanjo twisted the arms of the National Assembly to make special legislation and overnight Akwa Ibom became one of the biggest derivation beneficiaries even though constitutionally it was not their entitlement

It was a political compromise.

Clarke has conveniently forgotten that and wants Akwa Ibom in the NDDC because there is more money coming from there

Everything is politics and compromise

The same National Assembly he is asking to change the NDDC composition can change it for Akwa Ibom and put them back to their constitutional position which would make them even poorer than Cross River state because by the letter of the constitution they are not entitled to off shore derivation money
the oil which cross river took and was rightfully return back to its owner which is Akwa is from offshore too?

Or will you also question Akwa ibom coastal lines?
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by Gajagojo: 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2023
powerhouse3:
the oil which cross river took and was rightfully return back to its owner which is Akwa is from offshore too?
If your brain is working you should be able to answer that question
It is an irrelevant and childish question
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by Josephkabila12: 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2023
taylor88:
By right no south west state is supposed to be on NDDC

They’re all barren states
ibo buffoon, u say u're from which community again in Rivers State. Ibo buffoons

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by powerhouse3(m): 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2023
Gajagojo:

If your brain is working you should be able to answer that question
you use half charger brain to spew nonsense and I'm pointing your blunder but you follow una path which is chest beating
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by Gajagojo: 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2023
powerhouse3:
you use half charger brain to spew nonsense and I'm pointing your blunder but you follow una path which is chest beating
Shut your mouth and go away
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by powerhouse3(m): 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2023
Gajagojo:
People need to study the Supreme Court ruling in the case of
Attorney General of
the Federation v. Attorney General of Abia State &
35 Ors
The sum of it is a determination about littoral boundaries of states and ownership of off shore oil

It is established that off shore oil belongs to the Federal government

The National Assembly subsequently passed a law to give Akwa Ibom derivation from off shore oil
This was an act of benevolence and generosity of the Federation
It is not a constitutional entitlement . This simply means it can also be withdrawn by the National Assembly without constitutional change.
It is important for people to equip themselves with facts and history before they start ranting
you are sick to think the federal government did Akwa ibom favor in our God given resources....you keep mentioning Akwa ibom in all your topic but una hate go fail
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by powerhouse3(m): 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2023
Gajagojo:
Shut your mouth and go away
keep Akwa ibom name out of your mouth...abi ,is Clark an Akwa ibomite that's made the comment,. what's your issues..unam

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by discusant: 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2023
Clark wants more of the crumbs. Pity. Niger delta Crude oil that was sold to people from the Sahel region since 1967.
The misguided elder statesmen, like Edwin Clark, from the coastal areas of the Niger Delta went to Kaduna in 1967 and begged Hassan Katsina the then governor of the northern region, to beg HoS Yakubu Gowon, to carve out non Igbo speaking areas of the old Eastern region from Biafra. Gowon agreed and carved out Cross River and Rivers state out of Biafra.
Immediately after, billions of Naira worth oil wells in the Niger delta region were alloted to military Generals and politicians from northern Nigeria.

That helped the federal government to defeat Biafra.
Is this man still clamouring for pittance?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by membranus: 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2023
hammerFC:

THEY DO HAVE SOME OIL IN THE FAR EAST SOUTHERN PARTS CLOSE TO DELTA STATE.

IT IS ARGUEABLE, WHETHER THAT PART IS ONDO, EDO OR DELTA.

IT IS ALONG EDO AND DELTA BORDER AREA.

U HAVE SOME IJAWS THERE AND ILLAJE, ,ITSEKIRI. ETC

So is our Ilaje coastal area in Ondo State, with a distinct Yoruba and Ondo linguistic attachment, and which is where Chevron sited their oil exploration venture, and which contributes 3.07% to the nation's oil production, is now part of Edo and Delta states?

You have another think coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by hammerFC: 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2023
membranus:

So is our Ilaje coastal area in Ondo State, with a distinct Yoruba and Ondo linguistic attachment, and which is where Chevron sited their oil exploration venture, and which contributes 3.07% to the nation's oil production, is now part of Edo and Delta states?

You have another think coming.

WE WILL MOVE THEM TO SS REGION.

THEY ARE YORUBOID, NOT YORUBA.
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by membranus: 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
discusant:
Clark wants more of the crumbs. Pity. Niger delta Crude oil that was sold to people from the Sahel region since 1967.
The misguided elder statesmen, like Edwin Clark, from the coastal areas of the Niger Delta went to Kaduna in 1967 and begged Hassan Katsina the then governor of the northern region, to beg HoS Yakubu Gowon, to carve out non Igbo speaking areas of the old Eastern region from Biafra. Gowon agreed and carved out Cross River and Rivers state out of Biafra.
Immediately after, billions of Naira worth oil wells in the Niger delta region were alloted to military Generals and politicians from northern Nigeria.

That helped the federal government to defeat Biafra.
Is this man still clamouring for pittance?

The graves of these our so called leaders will be demolished and burnt when history are finally relayed to the new generations about their atrocities against the blessed nation.

They have all done great evils, and their names should be desecrated in the annals of this country.
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by membranus: 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
hammerFC:

WE WILL MOVE THEM TO SS REGION.

THEY ARE YORUBOID, NOT YORUBA.

I am from that area, and an intensely proud Yoruba man, I am waiting for you to come and move me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by hammerFC: 4:08pm On Oct 25, 2023
membranus:

I am from that area, and an intensely proud Yoruba man, I am waiting for you to come and move me.

YOU ARE YORUBOID, JUST ONE SMALL WAR AND YOU WILL DENY, YOU WERE EVER YORUBA.

EVEN THE WAY YOU SPEAK IS NOT STANDARD YORUBA.

ARE YOU NOT IN THE SAME AREA WITH IJAWS AND ITSEKIRI AGAIN?
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by hammerFC: 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2023
membranus:

COMEBACK HERE Oooo...

DONT RUN LIKE A COWARD. grin grin grin
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by MrSly(m): 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2023
RightToReject:

You and your ilks, not him, are the ones that do not know the meaning of Delta - Niger Delta - under the Nigeria political expression. The way bumpkins like you and your likes like overrating yourselves is both funny and irritating. Now tell me how the latter states in the following quote: "This is particularly true now that oil has been found in other parts of Nigeria including Anambra which is already producing 0.9%, Bauchi, Gombe, Nasarawa, Kogi, and Lagos States." can be defined as "Delta" under the Nigeria political expression.

First of all know the meaning of the phenomenon "Delta" before arguing foolishly; at least you would learn that delta is not a political expression but a geographical expression. I can no longer continue the explanations because obviously you know nothing and you are not aware of it.
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by Sangoamadioha1: 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2023
Deltancapo:

Edwin Clark and Ayo Adebanjo are totally different people.

Edwin Clark is protecting the rights of the indigenous peoples of the SS

At the expense of a united country I am from delta state (in fact from his mother's village) and we no send am work.

1 Like

Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by Yujin(m): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2023
Gajagojo:
Oil and gas has nothing to do with the issue
It is irrelevant. TOTALLY

You made a claim which is clearly BASELESS and UNTRUE

Name at least one village in Imo State or Anambra state that are in the Niger Delta

No one forced you to make that absurd claim. Now that you have made it you are unable to corroborate
Just admit you were wrong
You clearly don't know what is Niger Delta. I was right not to waste my time explaining to you.
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by membranus: 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2023
hammerFC:

COMEBACK HERE Oooo...

DONT RUN LIKE A COWARD. grin grin grin

Who get time for your foolish trolling.

I am enjoying myself eating garri with cold water and fried fresh fishes. Go and do the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by Gajagojo: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2023
Yujin:

You clearly don't know what is Niger Delta. I was right not to waste my time explaining to you.
No I don't

Please tell me
I am particularly interested in those towns or villages in Imo or Anambra state that are in the Niger Delta

Kindly name one please

Just one
Re: Edwin Clark Asks Tinubu To Remove Abia, Imo, Ondo From NDDC by BoldBrainz(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Omo...Your hate for Yoruba runs deep in your veins

I read all the comments and all the Igbos here keep attacking edwin clarke straight up for his comments, some even went ahead to attack his beloved Ijaw tribe but u ignored all to respond to a guy who only replied to a dumb post ahead of him

You arent as neutral as u claim...Hypocrisy lies down in your belly cheesy cheesy cheesy

All of this your rambling is inconsequential. I have always maintained that Nigeria has no business being one country and that's a stand I'm not willing to change irrespective of the circumstances.

If that makes you think I'm a hypocrite or a Yoruba hater, it's your absolute business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Technology And Social Media Helped Buhari To Win / How Can You Sleep While Owing Workers? | Buhari Blasts Governors / Meet Ahmad Tijani Muazu, The Man In Charge Of INEC Logistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.