Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? (5189 Views)

14 Cities In Africa That Are More Developed Than Lagos And Abuja. / South Africa,ghana,kenya & African Countries Are More Developed Than Nigeria / Why Kaduna And Kano Combined Is More Developed Than The Southeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by Fugazy2023: 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

Why do critical thinking skills elude you folks on this forum?

Lagos is the epicenter of Nigeria, a former capital the center of excellence. Once Lagos is used for a comparative study there is no other city in Nigeria that would come into play. When Lagos is in mess Nigeria is in mess, put that into your thinking faculty and not exhibit low intellectual quotient.

Anyone who compares Lagos to anywhere in the world is akin to comparing the Nigerian nation because Lagos has the biggest GDP in Nigeria.

You wasted your time typing trash.
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by nairalanda1(m): 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2023
Let's see...free aid from the UN, free aid from Israel, free aid from the Muslim world.

Plus, we are seeing the nice parts, not the awful bits.
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by truthhurtsnaira: 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2023
Patrickker:
The major difference between Nigeria and other nations, no matter how seemingly small, is lawlessness and level of organization.

Lagos would have being much more beautiful but the level of lawlessness to disorganization makes it unattractive.

And that we allowed outsiders to create and group foreign nations and value systems together….
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by Curious345: 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2023
Lagos is a slum
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by 2elliot: 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2023
Christistruth00:

The real problem is that Nigeria doesn't have an adequate safety net for the Poor and it is the desperation to survive that has often led to much lawless behavior

I am not talking about those who just want to be rich by any and all means because those ones still break the laws when they travel abroad

Nigeria needs to put in place a strong system that will guarantee that no Nigerian will die of hunger or lack of Medical Care
It is a black man thing to be lawless and disorganized. My place in Bayelsa state, Gbarain clan, should be as developed as Dubai if you factor the kind of resources we have from abundant gas to oil. Yet it is a glorified slum. There is something both spiritually and physically wrong with us. I don shout tire. Maybe na the fluoride we take dey cause the brain dead.
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by 2elliot: 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2023
EXOUSIAng:

What's the population in Gaza.
Swap the population and see what happens.
Lagos is over populated, Lagos shouldn't have more than 4m residents, today we have over 20million.
The roads are overworked.
LASTMA officials are out there controlling traffic till late at night.
General infrastructures are over worked.
What do you expect?
People have refused to go back to their village, Northerners are entering 911 to come as we speak, Easterners are entering Ekene Dili Chukwu this evening, nobody is returning, na only come dem dey come.....
Transformer that should be meant for a street on max 200 people is serving 2000 people and pure water company, how e wan last
Population is not the reason why a place is under developed. Gaza has a limited land space, so they economized by building high rise story buildings, which are well planned.
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by alpharoyalty: 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2023
In case you don't know. Gaza is being funded by you and me through the UN.
Yes, the money UN collect from member states like Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by Rostikol: 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2023
90dbest:
This one na mad Yoruba Muslim, o boy you need to be chained before you enter oja oba market . Your maddness na follow come. Do I look like Israeli army wey wipe Muslims for Gaza.

IPOB PARASITE. GO TO YOUR DEVELOPED GAZA AND LIVE THERE.

DON'T JUST TALK THE TALK.

WALK THE WALK.

THEY DON'T REQUIRE VISA IN GAZA NAU....

IPOB PARASITE.

BEASTS OF NO NATION.

PROFESSIONAL SETTLERS IN OTHER PEOPLES' LANDS.
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by Broveens42(m): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2023
alpharoyalty:
In case you don't know. Gaza is being funded by you and me through the UN.
Yes, the money UN collect from member states like Nigeria

But they said Lagos can fund itself through IGR
grin
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by Rostikol: 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2023
2elliot:
It is a black man thing to be lawless and disorganized. My place in Bayelsa state, Gbarain clan, should be as developed as Dubai if you factor the kind of resources we have from abundant gas to oil. Yet it is a glorified slum. There is something both spiritually and physically wrong with us. I don shout tire. Maybe na the fluoride we take dey cause the brain dead.

THIS IS KIGALI, RWANDA.

THEY HAVE NO OIL.

KIGALI IS ONE OF THE CLEANEST AND BEST ORGANIZED CITIES IN THE WORLD.

THERE OTHER AFRICAN CITIES DEVELOPING FAST.

IF YOUR CORRUPT NIGER DELTA AUTHORITIES ARE STEALING YOUR MONEY, DON'T BLAME IT ON ''THE BLACK MAN''.

BLAME IT ON YOUR CORRUPT KINSMEN WHO REFUSE TO HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE.

THE ''BLACK MAN'' IS DOING VERY WELL IN OTHER COUNTRIES, AND 12 OF THE 20 FASTEST GROWIG ECONOMIES ON EARTH ARE BLACK COUNTRIES.

Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by Hpesoj: 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2023
EXOUSIAng:

Lagos is over populated, Lagos shouldn't have more than 4m residents, today we have over 20million.
What do you expect?
People have refused to go back to their village, Northerners are entering 911 to come as we speak, Easterners are entering Ekene Dili Chukwu this evening, nobody is returning, na only come dem dey come.....
Transformer that should be meant for a street on max 200 people is serving 2000 people and pure water company, how e wan last

Population is never an excuse for a country to be underdeveloped! Not when God in his benevolence provided amorous resources to cater for such a multitude. If countries with zero mineral resources could be very developed, there is no excuse for a country with vast mineral and human resources to be poor.
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by Broveens42(m): 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2023
2elliot:

SE states are very organized.
The sign of civility is not really in the material but in the organisation. Even if you use mud to build structures, the place will still look very beautiful when they are arranged in grid, with wonderful landscaping.
A typical Igbo village had this clear organisation in their villages, using various plants to distinguish one family compound from the other. Even in developed countries today, people still use plants to demarcate their homes.
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by Antivirus92(m): 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2023
Nvestor02:
That's Arabs mentality for you, they only after developing everywhere that they set their foot on and god no dey disappoint in given them better natural resources too.

This is the main reason why Israel would never allow Palestinian to go because Arab are totally blessed.

Meanwhile the least develop city of Palestinian is far better than anywhere in the SOUTH EAST.

Meanwhile the least develop city of Palestinian is far better than anywhere in the SOUTH WEST
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by afube: 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2023
abhosts:
That is why I maintain that there is something inherently wrong with the black man. They are busy shouting "I stand with Israel" or "Free Palestine" while their primitive local leaders are regressing them back to the stone-age.

Even Palestine they are calling oppressed, have cheap and constant electricity and far better healthcare facilities than most parts of Africa. Blacks are not even sad that African kids still die of treatable deceases like malaria while children of their oppressors fly private jets on the public purse.

na so.......how many christians have protested over the industrial scale slaughter of middle belt christians in Benue and Plateau states.....instead it is christians who are castigating the liberation effort of ESN and IPOB...........the black man is a mental mess and a potential psycho case.........The black man's reasoning capacity has been massively denuded by poverty and illiteracy! ....and you can add rampant tribalism to the mix!
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by jamesversion: 5:22am On Oct 26, 2023
EXOUSIAng:

What do you expect?

Yorubas are entering with what? Or are they trekking into Lagos?
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by NaijirianKing: 6:27am On Oct 26, 2023
The SW has had all its major cities reach the level where they can be classified as slums. It's quite sad.

MrEverest:
I have observed same and was shocked. Even Abuja doesn't appear better than Gaza. Take a look at the rusted shanties yorubas call cities in the South West and you will weep for the Blackman.

Spits!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by FiftyFifty(m): 6:42am On Oct 26, 2023
Christistruth00:
Before, from 1967 to 1993 the Israeli Government ruled over Gaza

Cross over to the Egyptian side it's the same. The development in Gaza has nothing to do with Israel. That a black man refuses to develop doesn't mean others would not.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by Christistruth00: 7:48am On Oct 26, 2023
FiftyFifty:

Cross over to the Egyptian side it's the same. The development in Gaza has nothing to do with Israel. That a black man refuses to develop doesn't mean others would not.

Have you seen Egypt's unemployment rate Lately
In 1986 the employment rate in Gaza was 94% under the Israeli Government
94%
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by OVB123: 7:59am On Oct 26, 2023
DeLaRue:
Well, it looks reasonably organised in photos, particularly given how we are told it is an 'open air prison'.

What often leaves me scratching my head is the fact that many new parts of Lagos are not well planned - in this day and age.

People are able to buy land, clear it and just start building. Construction is disorganised. Most states are even worse than Lagos. You can use cutlass to create the road to your new house smiley

People don't care about the environment here. Build your house, erect fence, and mind your business.

That's all sad

U spoke my mind. Kudos!
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by Elxandre(m): 11:57pm On Oct 26, 2023
You're all exchanging slurs, fighting with over which decrepit city is better are foolish.
A moment of reflection turned into a moment to me share tribal slurs and all that nonsense.
That's why we're underdeveloped as a country.
No one wants to tell anyone the truth.
Re: Why Is Gaza More Developed Than Lagos? by Ngozi123(f): 12:34am On Oct 27, 2023
Op is right. Not just Lagos but the whole of Nigeria. When war torn places are better than you, you know you have a problem on your hands.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tension At Confab As CAN Demands Nigeria’s Withdrawal From OIC / Jonathan Visits IBB: Are Igbos Now Slaves To The Hausa Fulanis?? / Zaria Massacre: Absence Of Army, COAS Stalls Federal High Court Sitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.