Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 (37032 Views)

Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 / A Nigerian Man's Business In South Africa In Pictures / Top Online Business That Has Made Most Young People Millionaires In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by FreeStuffsNG: 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2023
Top 10 African countries with the highest number of millionaires in 2023

Sustainable economic growth, increasing urbanization, enormous natural resources, and a dynamic ecosystem of technology innovation drive wealth creation in Africa. These variables, taken together, lead to the rise of high-net-worth individuals throughout the continent.

According to the Africa Wealth Report 2023,by Henley & Partners, The report also found that the “Big 5” wealth markets in Africa, namely South Africa, Egypt, Nigeria, Kenya, and Morocco, together account for 56% of Africa’s high-net-worth individuals and over 90% of the continent’s billionaires.”

“Africa is home to a growing number of millionaires, with the continent’s high-net-worth individuals (HNWIs) population expected to increase by 42% over the next 10 years”

Africa’s wealthy population is expected to grow significantly, reaching an estimated 195,000 by 2032.

Poverty and inequality, which restrict economic opportunity and upward mobility, pose significant hurdles to wealth generation in Africa. Corruption worsens the situation by hindering economic growth and creating an unfavourable business environment.

These challenges collectively hinder individuals from breaking free from the cycle of poverty and achieving significant wealth. Overcoming these obstacles is essential for sustainable economic development on the continent.

Here are Africa top 10 countries with the highest number of millionaires in 2023

South Africa tops the list in 2023, with 37,800 millionaires, 98 centi-millionaires, and 5 billionaires, demonstrating the country’s diverse and dynamic economy.

Egypt’s economy is expected to rise steadily in 2023, as evidenced by its 16,100 millionaires, 54 centi-millionaires, and 8 billionaires, owing to the country’s historical relevance and strategic attraction to investors.

Nigeria’s economy, fueled by a thriving oil sector, supports 9,800 millionaires, 27 centi-millionaires, and 4 billionaires, reflecting the country’s prominence as Africa’s most populous.

Kenya, despite the absence of billionaires, is recognized as East Africa’s financial hub, booming with 7,700 millionaires and 15 centi-millionaires, powered by tech innovation, real estate boom, and a growing middle class.

Morocco’s stability and strategic location have attracted investors, fostering a diverse economy that includes agriculture, manufacturing, and tourism, with 5,800 millionaires, 28 centi-millionaires, and 4 billionaires indicating sustained economic growth.

Mauritius, given the shortage of billionaires, has 4,900 millionaires and 10 centi-millionaires, thanks to a strong financial and real estate sector that attracts investors and high-net-worth individuals seeking tax advantages and economic prospects.

Algeria, with 2,800 millionaires, 8 centi-millionaires, and 1 billionaire, owes its fortune mostly to massive hydrocarbon resources, fostering a modest but notable millionaires class and emphasizes the oil and gas industry’s profitability.

Ethiopia, is emerging as a regional economic heavyweight as a result of a rapidly developing industrial sector and foreign investments, resulting in a large increase in high-net-worth individuals, with 2,700 millionaires, 4 centi-millionaires, and 1 billionaire,

Ghana, even without a billionaire presence,, with 2,600 millionaires and 5 centi-millionaires, draws strength from its political stability and resource-rich economy, luring investors and presenting itself as a crucial factor in West African economic progress.

Tanzania, with 2,400 millionaires, six centi-millionaires, and one billionaire, exemplifies the region’s potential as a rising economic player, capitalizing on stability and a flourishing tourism economy.

https://businessday.ng/news/article/776253-countries/

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by FreeStuffsNG: 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2023
Not bad.

Our position as Nigeria can be better with time if all our youths quit crimes, laziness, idle entertainment and cyberbullying on social media.

👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽

“Go to the rural areas, farms, markets, etc, to see those who are really suffering. The poor Nigerians are not on social media.

“You come online every day, post your pictures and videos, and still claim that you are suffering. My brother, you are not sincere to yourself.

“Today, our youths have misplaced priorities because they don’t think straight. They would rather stay online from morning till night instead of using their precious time and money for something tangible.”

I will not be surprised if some of the millionaires in Mauritius are Nigerians who register their businesses there and use them as haven to hide wealth overseas like we found in the Pandora files. Check my signature for free stuffs!

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by LeoDeKing: 9:56pm On Oct 25, 2023
Fake news.

I know a country where everyone is a billionaire.

The country exists on the Internet.

74 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by taylor88(m): 9:56pm On Oct 25, 2023
If no be say Tinubu has stolen the future of Yoruba people

Do you know how many billionaires you would have made from all Tinubu looted money

Money wey no fit whitening his rotten teeth

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by EKONGKING: 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Not bad.

Our position as Nigeria can be better with time if all our youths quit crimes, laziness, idle entertainment and cyberbullying on social media.

👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽

“Go to the rural areas, farms, markets, etc, to see those who are really suffering. The poor Nigerians are not on social media.

“You come online every day, post your pictures and videos, and still claim that you are suffering. My brother, you are not sincere to yourself.

“Today, our youths have misplaced priorities because they don’t think straight. They would rather stay online from morning till night instead of using their precious time and money for something tangible.”

I will not be surprised if some of the millionaires in Mauritius may even be Nigerians who register their businesses there and use them as haven to hide wealth overseas.

Mauritius is a semi Indian colony . Thats why India is building a naval and air base in one of the islands of Mauritius .

Mauritius prosperity and number of millionaires in that country is due to agreement between Indian and Mauritius government .
Majority of foreign fund inflows into Indian stock markets or bond markets goes through Mauritius route as it will face little scrutiny .They invested 14 billion dollars in only stock markets ,this year alone up to date .
It acts a offshore haven for Indians, same like Luxembourg ,some Caribbean islands act for whites .

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by Urheadmaster(m): 9:59pm On Oct 25, 2023
Bola Ahmed Tinubu didn't remember to appoint you among is cabinet as is online warrior shame on youtongue
LeoDeKing:
Fake news.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by Thundafireseun: 9:59pm On Oct 25, 2023
Nigeria’s economy, fueled by a thriving oil sector, supports 9,800 millionaires, 27 centi-millionaires, and 4 billionaires,

From recent research I could tell you we found out that Igbos alone constitute about 9,500 millionaires, 15 centi-millionaires, and 1 billionaire in Nigeria

IGBO AMAKA EZIOKWU

13 Likes

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by JASONjnr(m): 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Fake news.

You mean, Ronu republic? Where people are known for betrayal? People who will dig your grave but will be acting as your best friend?

People who can azzlick just to get what is their right? You mean the republic who sold their very king to a Fulani just for a plate of Ewedu?

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by Corn247: 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2023
fake

3 Likes

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by gebest: 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2023
Corn247:
fake
yes very fake.

3 Likes

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by kenny714433(m): 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2023
sad

Do these people even know the meaning of millionaire? How would Nigeria have just 9k millionaires and only 4 billionaire?

Is there any past civilian governor who's not a billionaire? Let me count sef..

Dangote, Otedolla, BUA, Myself 😂, Davido, all the top daddy GOs..

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by MasterJayJay: 11:38pm On Oct 25, 2023
kenny714433:
sad

Do these people even know the meaning of millionaire? How would Nigeria have just 9k millionaires and only 4 billionaire?

Is there any past civilian governor who's not a billionaire? Let me count sef..

Dangote, Otedolla, BUA, Myself , Davido, all the top daddy GOs..

You are counting in naira na. That's a wrong perspective.

Millionaire is in dollars, pounds and euros.

If you have 600 million naira, you are not a millionaire.

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by MasterJayJay: 11:40pm On Oct 25, 2023
The report is actually done by an ignorant person who didn't factor in the devaluation of naira since Tinubu came in.

Someone that had 500 million naira on May 29, 2023 was a millionaire. Because you can buy 1 million dollars with 500 million naira.

But after Tinubu came, your value has reduced.. That 500 million naira can't buy you 1 million dollars. So the millionaire status of many Nigerians have been wiped off by EBOLA Emilokan.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by StOla: 11:51pm On Oct 25, 2023
JASONjnr:

You mean, Ronu republic? Where people are known for betrayal? People who will dig your grave but will e acting as your best friend?

People who can azzlick just to get what is their right? You mean the republic who sold their very king to a Fulani just for a plate of Ewedu?

All these rants just to avoid a truth that your conscience pricked upon seeing the post about the country described.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by Khd95(m): 2:48am On Oct 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Not bad.

👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽

I will not be surprised if some of the millionaires in Mauritius are Nigerians who register their businesses there and use them as haven to hide wealth overseas like we found in the Pandora files.

what should our leaders who steal and embezzle funds do

You are very pathetic

5 Likes

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by FreeStuffsNG: 2:55am On Oct 26, 2023
Khd95:
what should our leaders who steal and embezzle funds do

You are very pathetic
Smh. Is that why you steal and use to justify it? All of you and your leaders who steal and embezzle funds, same ni then.

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by sulakishop(m): 3:16am On Oct 26, 2023
What's the essence of the list if some people are still hungry living with the millionaires in the same city ?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by Benwallt(m): 4:43am On Oct 26, 2023
JASONjnr:

You mean, Ronu republic? Where people are known for betrayal? People who will dig your grave but will e acting as your best friend?

E dey pain you

7 Likes

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by Benwallt(m): 4:47am On Oct 26, 2023
MasterJayJay:

You are counting in naira na. That's a wrong perspective.

Millionaire is in dollars, pounds and euros.

If you have 600 million naira, you are not a millionaire.

Does that mean only Dangote, Rabiu, Adenuga and Alakija are the only billionaires in Nigeria?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by benuejosh: 6:18am On Oct 26, 2023
How can you say only 4 billionaires in Nigeria? Only Anambra has the highest number of billionaires in West Africa combined. They include and not limited to Obi Cubana, Emoney, and others. But they choose not to disclose themselves.

Source: Lagos Developers.

On behalf of myself and my inlaws from the East, we reject that report.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by Anambra1stSon2: 6:27am On Oct 26, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Fake news.

Your mates are chasing money in real world while you are chasing likes on Nairaland, year in year out you keep enjoying stupidity, this year is gradually winding up, next year you continue where you stopped, most of us in this platform saw the opportunity utilized it while you and your likes saw avenue to spread hate and chasing likes that'll not add 1 Kobo to your account. Keep doing what you know how to do best time will tell, time wait for nobody, your main target in life is to get space at 1st page on Nairaland I hope that's adding money to your account

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by Anambra1stSon2: 6:33am On Oct 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Not bad.

👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽

I will not be surprised if some of the millionaires in Mauritius are Nigerians who register their businesses there and use them as haven to hide wealth overseas like we found in the Pandora files.

First time to agree with you

1 Like

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by SensualMan: 6:56am On Oct 26, 2023
Otedola, Globacom are all yorubanza millionaires in $$$ yet his people no dey use eye see trailer load of rice nor plantain.
Dollar millionaires from Nigeria yet Ibadan residents are being wiped off by famine.

What's the use of your money if your people can not eat food?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by AntiChristian: 6:56am On Oct 26, 2023
I will soon join the centi-millionaire.
Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by Starships4u(m): 6:57am On Oct 26, 2023
Of what use is this thread?

What is this nonsense I'm seeing that Nigeria has just 4 billionaires?
Is it in Dollars or Naira?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by Midehi3(f): 6:57am On Oct 26, 2023
Created by a nuisance, just to modify Nigeria that is lost already, and ended it with as usual mannerism...mtcheeew
Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by Born2conquer: 6:58am On Oct 26, 2023
Millionaire on what currency? Dollar, pounds or naira?

You can't have a million naira and be bragging that you are a millionaire.

It is less than 800 pounds

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by akinsmail51: 6:59am On Oct 26, 2023
If these millionaire are measured with Naira standard, I was once a millionaire but now a "bukatanaire"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by Realguyman1(m): 6:59am On Oct 26, 2023
Many Nigerians who were Millionaires in May this year have all been kick out of the Millionaire status, all thanks to one old man who have nothing to offer nigeria or Nigerians but still insist he must be Nigeria president.

Buhari already drilled 35% down during his 8yrs of disastrous rule, and Tunubu has already overtake him in causing more havoc within 5months in power.

Nigeria really need a law that will prohibit anyone from 70 yrs and above from contesting for the presidential position.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by Primusinterpares(m): 6:59am On Oct 26, 2023
Good.
More billionaires are supposed to arise from Africa than anyother part of the world
Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by Bobloco: 7:00am On Oct 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Not bad.

👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽

How can our youths quit crime when the country is presided over by a notorious narcotics drug trafficker and a certified certificate forger of international dimension

That's already the motivation bro

2 Likes

Re: Countries With The Highest Number Of Millionaires In Africa In 2023 by crackhouse(m): 7:00am On Oct 26, 2023
Millionaires in dollar or millionaires in naira? Which one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How Much This Couple Found After They Opened Their Piggy Bank / What Viable Business Can N500k Start In Port Harcourt? / Dangote, Adenuga, Elumelu, Rabiu In France For Business Summit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.