Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction (766 Views)

Ontario GDP Vs Nigeria GDP / Between Fact & Fiction: The Place Of Igwe J.C Egwuatu In Ehuhe-achi Community / Lagos Accounts For Over 35% Of IGR By States In Nigeria In Half-Year 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by yoruboid: 10:21am On Oct 26, 2023
GDP is typically calculated based on total output in a state or country minus immediate consumption and other taxes

It’s very easy to lie about and overstate. You can read about if you want to receive sense. A GDP can be manipulated and it happens more often than not.

On the other hand, your IGR, like the credit alerts you get and your statement of account cannot be manipulated. It is what it is…

Typically a higher GDP will drive a higher IGR

It’s obvious a number of states are empty but they keep inflating their GDP figures which ultimately backfires in economics

Since the SW IGRs have been released, with Ogun posting figures higher than all the states from a certain region put together, we’ve seen a lot of reactions from a place a jealousy. Intense hatred…

There’s no use casting aspersions on the SW because it’s not dependent on the FG like your regions

Hold on to your GDP and let us hold on to our IGR

Why is it paining you?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by MS2471: 10:23am On Oct 26, 2023
I was telling some mumu on another thread this

3 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by yoruboid: 10:27am On Oct 26, 2023
MS2471:
I was telling some mumu on another thread this

There’s no benefit manipulating your GDP which I can attest some states are doing

It backfires

Ordinarily if your GDP is high, your IGR should follow

They claim we overtax businesses in the SW. If the businesses find your taxes lower, why wouldn’t they set up there?

4 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by AlexBells(m): 10:40am On Oct 26, 2023
Is it not better to allow you ronu people to gloat over your IGR. We both started a business with 10 million in Anambra and ogun respectively, you pay 1 million tax in Ogun I pay 100 thousand tax in Anambra. IGR in Ogun + 9 hundred thousand, GDP in Anambra plus 9 hundred thousand. The ordinary people in Anambra becomes rich thereby having higher GDP but the government on ogun become richer but get looted what is better, in 10 years the GDP of Anambra would double while that of Ogun remain stagnant

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by yoruboid: 10:45am On Oct 26, 2023
AlexBells:
Is it not better to allow you ronu people to gloat over your IGR

We will gloat over not being leeches

We will gloat over having two states that each earning more than five of yours put together

You can gloat over your unsubstantiated GDP

2 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by yoruboid: 10:46am On Oct 26, 2023
AlexBells:
Is it not better to allow you ronu people to gloat over your IGR. We both started a business with 10 million in Anambra and ogun respectively, you pay 1 million tax in Ogun I pay 100 thousand tax in Anambra. IGR in Ogun + 9 hundred thousand, GDP in Anambra plus 9 hundred thousand. The ordinary people in Anambra becomes rich thereby having higher GDP but the government on ogun become richer but get looted what is better, in 10 years the GDP of Anambra would double while that of Ogun remain stagnant

If the taxes in Anambra were that low, businesses will open there instead of Ogun

But they will choose Ogun 50x over Anambra

That should answer you but I know you will still argue

2 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by AlexBells(m): 10:47am On Oct 26, 2023
yoruboid:

We will gloat over not being leeches

We will gloat over having two states that each earning more than five of yours put together

You can gloat over your unsubstantiated GDP
But what about the states where Imo and Anambra tops the rest of your state aside Lagos in GDP and the others are formally Eastern region with rivers and delta being majority Igbo states, lol I updated my first submission, go read it above

4 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by AlexBells(m): 10:49am On Oct 26, 2023
yoruboid:

If the taxes in Anambra were that low, businesses will open there instead of Ogun

But they will choose Ogun 50x over Anambra

That should answer you but I know you will still argue
There are more indigenous firms in Anambra than Ogun, for every 1 indigenous firm in Ogun, there 3 In Anambra besides I hope you are not counting Indian and Lebanese firms in your south west as your own lol, the reason you are able to tax that much is because majority of your businesses are owned by outsiders

5 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by yoruboid: 10:50am On Oct 26, 2023
AlexBells:

But what about the states where Imo and Anambra tops the rest of your state aside Lagos in GDP and the others are formally Eastern region with rivers and delta being majority Igbo states, lol I updated my first submission, go read it above

Read my opening post again

GDP is typically manipulated but what you can’t manipulate is your IGR

Live with it

2 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by AlexBells(m): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2023
yoruboid:

Read my opening post again

GDP is typically manipulated but what you can’t manipulate is your IGR

Live with it
And who made you the judge

2 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by Bulldozer90: 10:55am On Oct 26, 2023
Wrong analysis. All over the world, economies are measured by GDP. GDP captures all economic activities, formal and informal, taxable and untaxable, production and services etc

GDP determines employment and standard of living.
IGR is determined by government policy and culture on taxation. A government can declare tax waiver to support massive economic growth with a condition of skills transfer while another may increase taxation to boost public finances? Which of the two have a stronger economy?

Worthy to note also is that high GDP in a monoeconomy hardly changes people's living standard because of unemployment. This is why a state like Akwaibom has such a high GDP owing to crude oil revenue but majority of its people are terribly poor and unemployed. If you go to hotels and other similar businesses in Anambra (a non oil economy) Akwaibom people nearly dominate it.

6 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by HitlerWasRight: 10:56am On Oct 26, 2023
yoruboid:
GDP is typically calculated based on total output in a state or country minus immediate consumption and other taxes

It’s very easy to lie about and overstate. You can read about if you want to receive sense. A GDP can be manipulated and it happens more often than not.

On the other hand, your IGR, like the credit alerts you get and your statement of account cannot be manipulated. It is what it is…

It’s obvious a number of states are empty but they keep inflating their GDP figures which ultimately backfires in economics

Since the SW IGRs have been released, with Ogun posting figures higher than all the states from a certain region put together, we’ve seen a lot of reactions from a place a jealousy. Intense hatred…

There’s no use casting aspersions on the SW because it’s not dependent on the FG like your regions

Why is it paining you?

You Yoruba people get time to dey answer those jealousy people of the yeast.

2 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by HitlerWasRight: 10:58am On Oct 26, 2023
Bulldozer90:
Wrong analysis. All over the world, economies are measured by GDP. GDP captures all economic activities, formal and informal, taxable and untaxable, production and services etc

IGR is determined by government policy and culture on taxation

Nah GDP you go chop ?

GDP is only used as a yardstick to set a line of credit .

IGR is what will then be used to pay up whatever creditors you have or intend to have.

How can you claim high GDP but next to nothing IGR?

Nah GDP bank go use collect their money back ?

1 Like

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by yoruboid: 10:59am On Oct 26, 2023
Bulldozer90:

IGR is determined by government policy and culture on taxation

Okay go and use your GDP to pay salaries and build roads na
Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by AlexBells(m): 10:59am On Oct 26, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

You Yoruba people get time to dey answer those jealousy people of the yeast.

This Bat.stad gay again, always running around naked pretending to be against anything the Igbos are great at

4 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by AlexBells(m): 11:00am On Oct 26, 2023
yoruboid:

Are you the one paying salaries and building roads in the East?, with your IGR why are you the most indebted

2 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by yoruboid: 11:04am On Oct 26, 2023
AlexBells:

Are you the one paying salaries and building roads in the East?, with your IGR why are you the most indebted

Once again you’re showing the extent of your ignorance

The more you earn, the more you can borrow because you have a higher capacity to pay back

If Ogun State borrows exactly as much as all the SE states owe, it will still be in a better position to pay back because it earns more than all the SE states put together

Do you understand? Or should I explain like I would to a 3yr old?

3 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by Bulldozer90: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2023
yoruboid:

ignorance is your undoing. Having a developed and diversified economy means that the issue of unemployment which is a key problem is already taken care of. Private sector is the chief employer in developed economies.

As for infrastructure, what special projects are southwest states with high and obviously inflated IGR like Ogun doing? NOTHING!

But ebonyi with the least IGR has done far more. Think!

2 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by mrvitalis(m): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2023
yoruboid:

There’s no benefit manipulating your GDP which I can attest some states are doing

It backfires

Ordinarily if your GDP is high, your IGR should follow

They claim we overtax businesses in the SW. If the businesses find your taxes lower, why wouldn’t they set up there?
Who has biggest GDP in Africa?

Is Nigeria among top 10 biggest revenue renerator in Africa?

GDP conducted independent by the works bank and u said can be manipulated?

IGR that your are not accounting to anyone is what's not Manipulatable? Osun state comes to mind abegi

3 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by AlexBells(m): 11:44am On Oct 26, 2023
yoruboid:

Once again you’re showing the extent of your ignorance

The more you earn, the more you can borrow because you have a higher capacity to pay back

If Ogun State borrows exactly as much as all the SE states owe, it will still be in a better position to pay back because it earns more than all the SE states put together

Do you understand? Or should I explain like I would to a 3yr old?
Keep deceiving yourself, you borrow with prospect not with reality. If you are rich why borrow, don’t even say that America is borrowing, America is a struggling country, how much have countries like Netherlands, Switzerland and luxumbug borrowed

3 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by Tunde835(m): 11:52am On Oct 26, 2023
AlexBells:
Imagine having to wait ten years just to double your tiny GDP.

2 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by AlexBells(m): 11:56am On Oct 26, 2023
Tunde835:
I’m talking from the individual perspective and yes a gdp that doubled in 10 years isn’t bad at all which means a 10 billion gdp would be 20 billion in 10 years

3 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by Tunde835(m): 11:57am On Oct 26, 2023
AlexBells:

1 Like

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by nedu666: 11:58am On Oct 26, 2023
Noise makers. Despite your noise on igr and gdp, your states cannot pay above minimum wage, they cannot fix roads , provide quality health care, cannot provide quality education and employment for masses. But look at fools bragging about paying taxes to government officials who in turn loot the money. Tomorrow you will yab yahoo boys for scamming you, whereas government is scamming you by collecting your money in form of tax and using it to buy mansions for their gf

3 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by AlexBells(m): 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
Tunde835:
I’m talking from the individual perspective and however a gdp that doubles in 10 years is not bad which means if it worth 10 billion, it will be worth 20 billion in 10 years, quick success ronu economics that’s why you keep borrowing

3 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by Tunde835(m): 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2023
AlexBells:

I’m talking from the individual perspective and however a gdp that doubles in 10 years is not bad which means if it worth 10 billion, it will be worth 20 billion in 10 years, quick success ronu economics that’s why you keep borrowing
It's also because of that quick success and tinubu's godfatherism that lagos' GDP is approaching $200 billion dollars.
Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by AlexBells(m): 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2023
Tunde835:
It's also because of that quick success and tinubu's godfatherism that lagos' GDP is approaching $200 billion dollars.
oh so you now all of a sudden believes in GDP, lol why not pay for the schooling, now who is dragging Lagos GDP, in that same Lagos, Dangote a northerner has the biggest industry, when we remove other nationalities and foreign investment you would know how economically hopeless the future of Yoruba is besides which Lagos success is quick, tinubu left office over a decade ago so for you to see that economy prosperity isn’t quick at all, economic naives

3 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by Gerhards: 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
AlexBells:

This Bat.stad gay again, always running around naked pretending to be against anything the Igbos are great at

That Pi.g and gay is most u..seless person on this forum ... always thinking from his anus, glad nobody take him serious grin

2 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by AlexBells(m): 12:37pm On Oct 26, 2023
Gerhards:

That Pi.g and gay is most u..seless person on this forum ... always thinking from his anus, glad nobody take him serious grin
Who cares about “Nobody” your gay depressing life certainly is tough without hyperventilating on Igbo affair

2 Likes

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by BrodaBenad: 1:08pm On Oct 26, 2023
yoruboid:

Why is it paining you?

Una go explain tire

GDP is the way of measuring economy not IGR akpamu grin

The funny thing is SW is losing at all ground
both in
GDP,
Education
Primary healthcare services

1 Like

Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by yoruboid: 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2023
BrodaBenad:

Una go explain tire

GDP is the way of measuring economy not IGR akpamu grin

The funny thing is SW is losing at all ground
both in
GDP,
Education
Primary healthcare services

Use your manipulated GDP to pay salaries now

GDP that cannot generate IGR… Is that one GDP? States that can’t survive without federal allocations.

Keep your fake GDP and let us keep our IGR
Re: GDP Vs IGR: Matters of Fact & Fiction by Tunde835(m): 5:28pm On Oct 26, 2023
AlexBells:
oh so you now all of a sudden believes in GDP, lol why not pay for the schooling, now who is dragging Lagos GDP, in that same Lagos, Dangote a northerner has the biggest industry, when we remove other nationalities and foreign investment you would know how economically hopeless the future of Yoruba is besides which Lagos success is quick, tinubu left office over a decade ago so for you to see that economy prosperity isn’t quick at all, economic naives
So you agree Igbo's future is Yoruba's past.

(1) (2) (Reply)

VIDEO: Labour Party Agent Beaten, Bundled Out Of Imo Collation Centre / Osun LG Chairmen Directed To Budget N150m For Boreholes, N20m For Maternity(pix) / Audio: Keep Space For Me In APC, Another Ex- Atiku Spokesman Begs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.