Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,065 members, 7,828,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me (27553 Views)

Partial disconnection: Glo Subscribers To Be Barred From Calling MTN Lines - NCC / How Do I Stop Scam International Numbers From Calling Me? / Glo, NTEL Customers To Be Cut Off From Calling Other Networks In Eight Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Ginanews1: 10:08pm On Nov 07, 2023
Blessing ‘CEO’ Apologizes to Davido After She was Release by the Police (video)
Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tZVCx3dGLM
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by MuslimIgbo: 10:08pm On Nov 07, 2023
Block na
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Ezeego1(m): 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2023
Obzy:
Once you pick , it will copy your call logs, contacts and even delete saved contacts.

Not possible please

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by bakobenjamin198: 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2023
labake1:
Hello everyone!

It's been awhile I have been receiving calls from different international numbers mostly from Zimbabwe, Pakistan. Due to this, I have to reset my phone factory but it didn't stop. I always receive the beep almost every night, I don block tire.
I heard that if I should mistakenly pick it, most of my social media accounts will be banned.

What can I do to stop it?
Honestly, I am equally suffering from the same thing. At times I would be flashed in the middle of the night or early hours of morning thereby, distracting my sleep. I have equally been looking for a way out to put an end to this but, couldn't. Most of these numbers are calling from Zimbabwe and Pakistan as in my own case too. Honestly, I am getting pissed off.
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by hopexter(m): 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2023
You must have registered or filled up a form online along with your number. They generate different numbers to call you, there’s no ignoring them. It takes two to 3 weeks before they give up lol grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by nizelgirl(f): 10:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
I thought I was the only one.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by SIXTEENTH(m): 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2023
sunna4u:
*#0000#*$##3#

Then when you see 'ti_lum_bu'

Go back and dial

*1234#

Then finally dial 4+4 = 8

And call 911

Tell them you don't want to be international, you want to stay national. That's all.

Your head dey there, I just did mine now

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by marimarempress: 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2023
nautybride:
wink
How do I make international calls enter my phone? I need elevation. Make I dey cash out, no be scams oo

Post your number on Facebook. Infact anywhere from blogs to social media to anycomment section. Connections will come until you run you hear?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by CaptainFM1: 10:13pm On Nov 07, 2023
It's one ring phone scam. Don't pick, and don't ever call back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ3XVNzWcyg&pp=ygUSb25lIHJpbmcgY2FsbCBzY2Ft

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by fortunechy(m): 10:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
I taught I was the only one experiencing such... it's becoming unbecoming daily...
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by gassbee: 10:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
If your phone has blocking options , u dont have a problem
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by KillIgbohoN0W: 10:17pm On Nov 07, 2023
Obzy:
Once you pick , it will copy your call logs, contacts and even delete saved contacts.

How?
Explain.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by KillIgbohoN0W: 10:17pm On Nov 07, 2023
Ezeego1:

Not possible please

No mind the fool
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Kukutente23: 10:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
The number of people on fp who receives such calls is the number of people who have village people on their matter
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by nautybride: 10:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
marimarempress:

Post your number on Facebook. Infact anywhere from blogs to social media to anycomment section. Connections will come until you run you hear?

Just like that! Too easy!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by nanauju(f): 10:19pm On Nov 07, 2023
labake1:
Hello everyone!

It's been awhile I have been receiving calls from different international numbers mostly from Zimbabwe, Pakistan. Due to this, I have to reset my phone factory but it didn't stop. I always receive the beep almost every night, I don block tire.
I heard that if I should mistakenly pick it, most of my social media accounts will be banned.

See what MTN shared from some intl line
You can check ‘wangari fraud’ up on MTN website

I don’t know the line you use though. Information is just for MTN

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by sameks08(m): 10:20pm On Nov 07, 2023
Sometimes last year old suffer same thing as well mostly at the midnight and to frank I don't know how the thing stop. It was frustrating to be frank
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Change42: 10:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
Update ur phone version
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Chicagograduate(m): 10:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
It is your network providers that calls.If you answer the call and you have enough airtime e go finish within seconds.
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by SisterAnn(f): 10:24pm On Nov 07, 2023
Adewale1603:
It's mostly from the sites you've visited when you go online. You can't stop it, and you can't pick those numbers nor call back
Zimbabwean and Pakistani sites eh?
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Whatisurproblem(m): 10:24pm On Nov 07, 2023
labake1:
Hello everyone!

sell the phone and the sim and buy new one. They want to kill you so run
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Tijani009: 10:25pm On Nov 07, 2023
sunna4u:
*#0000#*$##3#

Then when you see 'ti_lum_bu'

Go back and dial

*1234#

Then finally dial 4+4 = 8

And call 911

Tell them you don't want to be international, you want to stay national. That's all.

And i read ur nonsence
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by sunna4u: 10:28pm On Nov 07, 2023
SIXTEENTH:

Your head dey there, I just did mine now

Aha, nice of you
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Maize247(f): 10:28pm On Nov 07, 2023
Ezehillary:
My phone always call international by itself , help me too
This is my major problem also. Your phone will call international number you can't see on your call log almost immediately after the call and all your money gone. It's really frustrating than flashing your number like people experiencing. They usie our numbers to call people and flash people and in the process making our phone number a spam or blacklisted.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Entanglement: 10:30pm On Nov 07, 2023
labake1:
Hello everyone!

let me tell you the plain truth!
Your service provider is the culprit especially MTN!
MTN develop this tactics (from an insider source) to take money from your call credit in which you answer the call or text or call back.

MTN carried out a research on Nigerians and found out they value international call or something so hence this gorilla tactics.
They just want you to dial that number once you wake up, hence your credit will be zap⚡
Don't you notice they call around 2 -3am When you are asleep!

Here's the counter measures to this!
Always off your phone before going to sleep for about 1week, with things your phone won't be sending signal to the network receptor hence your number will be flag as inactive user

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by OlujobaSamuel: 10:33pm On Nov 07, 2023
Op, blocking is irrelevant, it's not the same number that calls you. Any phone with spam detector will flag the number for you.
Also, the issue is not in picking up those calls, but calling the number back.
It's a kinda telemarketing scam, when you call back, the rate is crazily high than making a normal call to that country, eg, the number code is +44(UK), you pay more than normal to call a genuine UK line than calling that line even though the trunk code is +44.
This is how the scam works, for every secs of you connecting through a call back, the initiator gets a percentage, that's why the call rate is high, sometimes, it's as high as #50 per sec. Next time, just ignore, move on

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by baba4thegehs: 10:33pm On Nov 07, 2023
These are spam callers.

It's a latest scam tactics, if you mistakenly call back, they place you on hold while your airtime burns, your service provider pays them. That's how they make money.

So just ignore or keep blocking.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Basicend: 10:34pm On Nov 07, 2023
Your now is being hacked and bugged.

Potentially by your lover of for secret purposes.
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by GreatAutos(m): 10:35pm On Nov 07, 2023
Pick the call and let it be burning their credit
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Coconunu(m): 10:39pm On Nov 07, 2023
vincenteger:
I thought it was just me.
The call is too much mostly by 2am
Your own na loan app dey call u
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Padipadi(m): 10:40pm On Nov 07, 2023
labake1:
Hello everyone!

I suspect Truecaller. I started getting those intl calls the day I started using true caller

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Entanglement: 10:43pm On Nov 07, 2023
Padipadi:

I suspect Truecaller. I started getting those intl calls the day I started using true caller
not true caller.
MTN the culprit.
Some network provider have started following this tactics

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NTEL: Check Out The "Fair Usage Policy" / How To Set Up And Run Fastboot Commands Without A PC. / Infinix Zero 5 Unboxing, Price And First Impressions (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.