Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me (27469 Views)

Partial disconnection: Glo Subscribers To Be Barred From Calling MTN Lines - NCC / How Do I Stop Scam International Numbers From Calling Me? / Glo, NTEL Customers To Be Cut Off From Calling Other Networks In Eight Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by CaptainFM1: 10:43pm On Nov 07, 2023
gassbee:
If your phone has blocking options , u dont have a problem

They are virtual numbers generated by routing systems. You can't block them finish.

It's a smart way of scamming people.
It is called "one ring", where they call numbers and immediately disconnect with hopes that curious people will return the call. The scammers use phone numbers bought on the dark web that they use to call other numbers.
The aim of the scam is to encourage those who get a missed call to call the number, after which they will be ripped off as the call will be re-routed to premium rate number overseas & will be subsequently billed exorbitant sums for listening to pre-recorded messages.
Then they get heavily paid as a commission for referring people to a premium call rates that likely pitch adverts to the listeners.

The funny thing is, it might even be your friend that sold out his contacts and collecting cool commission from the agencies.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by payaseriy: 10:54pm On Nov 07, 2023
labake1:
Hello everyone!

It's been awhile I have been receiving calls from different international numbers mostly from Zimbabwe, Pakistan. Due to this, I have to reset my phone factory but it didn't stop. I always receive the beep almost every night, I don block tire.
I heard that if I should mistakenly pick it, most of my social media accounts will be banned.

What can I do to stop it?
I experienced this some time ago. It only affects tekno phones.

Trash product

Let me provide you with the solution. Flash the phone. Don't format it by yourself, use computer to flash it, that will solve the issue.

Kabish ?
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Meti99(m): 11:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
Next time you see such call, just pick and say "speak Lord thy servant heareth"
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Enemyofpeace: 11:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
OP don't stop o. It could be your source of breakthrough and japaing to the US
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Ibkrichie(m): 11:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Them slawormir seatdown onto your matter grin

But seriously, just ignore them.
When you try calling back, the charges would be #100 per sec. grin

E be like thebguy don off nairaland cos
E don tale wey I hear 'Damn Niggar'
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by cigaricon(m): 11:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
Happens to me too. Mine is Zimbabwe and Mozambique, and mostly at night. Some times I wake up in the morning only to check my phone and see like three missed calls from either of the countries I mentioned above.
Just ignore.
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by nedekid: 11:21pm On Nov 07, 2023
It's called primium rate numbers.
You go online and get one. Any call to that number is charged at primium rate, eg $3 per minute. The proceeds of the call is shared between you and the primium number company.
The idea is to get people to call them. So you get calling lists of thousands of numbers, you use an app that flashes numbers on that list. Anyone that sees the flash will wonder who called from abroad and call back. In calling back, he hears different types of messages, just to delay him on the call. The longer he stays the more money you make.
This na old levels from many years ago.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by tivta(m): 11:23pm On Nov 07, 2023
nanauju:

See what MTN shared from some intl line
You can check ‘wangari fraud’ up on MTN website

I don’t know the line you use though. Information is just for MTN

Yet some people are saying if you answer it they will clone your number and contacts, some Nigerians sef
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by tivta(m): 11:24pm On Nov 07, 2023
Maize247:
This is my major problem also. Your phone will call international number you can't see on your call log almost immediately after the call and all your money gone. It's really frustrating than flashing your number like people experiencing. They usie our numbers to call people and flash people and in the process making our phone number a spam or blacklisted.

I heard it's common with Xiaomi phones

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by tivta(m): 11:27pm On Nov 07, 2023
CaptainFM1:

They are victual numbers generated by routing systems. You can't block them finish.

It's a smart way of scamming people.
It is called "one ring", where they call numbers and immediately disconnect with hopes that curious people will return the call. The scammers use phone numbers bought on the dark web that they use to call other numbers.
The aim of the scam is to encourage those who get a missed call to call the number, after which they will be ripped off as the call will be re-routed to premium rate number overseas & will be subsequently billed exorbitant sums for listening to pre-recorded messages.
Then they get heavily paid as a commission for referring people to a premium call rates that likely pitch adverts to the listeners.

The funny thing is, it might even be your friend that sold out his contacts and collecting cool commission from the agencies.

Wow. Very informative
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by rumenase(m): 11:38pm On Nov 07, 2023
labake1:

Exactly this time too, I am tired of it
same thing here, I think it happens only to mtn users
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by DeleTaller: 11:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
Problem shared problem solved.
You are not alone in your whatever situation.
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:00am On Nov 08, 2023
Download and Install trucaller app..

It wil help see them as spam calls and block them!
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by TOPMAN4LIFE: 12:02am On Nov 08, 2023
labake1:
Hello everyone!

It's been awhile I have been receiving calls from different international numbers mostly from Zimbabwe, Pakistan. Due to this, I have to reset my phone factory but it didn't stop. I always receive the beep almost every night, I don block tire.
I heard that if I should mistakenly pick it, most of my social media accounts will be banned.

It happens to me barely everyday, l have blocked tired as they use different number,
Many years ago, I tried to call call back the missed call and they wiped out my airtime balance on MTN, thank it was not much,
Since then, I don't call them back but to block
I wish we get solution here as I have been waiting for tread like this
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Sirianese: 12:02am On Nov 08, 2023
labake1:
Hello everyone!

Next time they call, engage them and request they come súck your cuñt

I guarantee you'll be left alone
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by CoronaVirusPro: 12:08am On Nov 08, 2023
By calling them back.
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by CaptainFM1: 12:10am On Nov 08, 2023
Entanglement:
let me tell you the plain truth!
Your service provider is the culprit especially MTN!
MTN develop this tactics (from an insider source) to take money from your call credit in which you answer the call or text or call back.

MTN carried out a research on Nigerians and found out they value international call or something so hence this gorilla tactics.
They just want you to dial that number once you wake up, hence your credit will be zap⚡
Don't you notice they call around 2 -3am When you are asleep!

Here's the counter measures to this!
Always off your phone before going to sleep for about 1week, with things your phone won't be sending signal to the network receptor hence your number will be flag as inactive user

It's happening all over the world. It's a one ring call scam. They are pitching adverts to you using your call credit. A third party might have giving your contact out whilst collecting adverts commission on your head.
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 12:15am On Nov 08, 2023
koolaid87:
I'll sell you a soap to bathe

All the Egyptians calling you, you shall see them no more

grin

Make Mohammed Salah kuku call me ...

I want to see him

😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by StephLawrence(f): 12:24am On Nov 08, 2023
They said you couldn’t but this proves them wrong. The iPhone you dumped or wanted to sell for cheaps can now be unlocked by this system.

Unlock iPhones with ease,
Remove activation lock and be able to make calls.
Turn off FMI,
Remove screen locks and many more

✅ Fast & Secure
✅ 100% Legal
✅ Works on all iPhone models and iOS versions

iPhone 8 & 8 plus: N10,000
iPhone X: N16,500
including other iPhone models.

Visit https://jiffies.store
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 12:26am On Nov 08, 2023
Mine shows private number .. so I literally can't call back...
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 08, 2023
Na Slawomir brethren dey call you.
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by gloryman91: 1:04am On Nov 08, 2023
Especially from Zimbabwe.
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by dominic17: 1:34am On Nov 08, 2023
I have mistakingly called back all my credit vanished
Obzy:
Once you pick , it will copy your call logs, contacts and even delete saved contacts.
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by profbrightuzoma: 1:47am On Nov 08, 2023
Factory reset is the solution..my got to a point where my phone sent text on its own.. using my credit to do it .. staying get access..I had to reset my phone
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by ThefemaleKing: 1:59am On Nov 08, 2023
We are many then. I just wake up to random missed calls from Zimbabwe grin.
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by sulakishop(m): 2:15am On Nov 08, 2023
You're popular
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by OlujobaSamuel: 2:29am On Nov 08, 2023
tivta:

I heard it's common with Xiaomi phones
It's not about the phone or service provider, it's just a call to your line. Even if you use torchlight phone, the call will come through. Blocking is also irrelevant, as the numbers are autogenerated for each calls
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by frisky2good(m): 2:36am On Nov 08, 2023
labake1:
Hello everyone!

Wangiri fraud. You cannot stop it. Just don't call back because if you do you will be charged heavily. They numbers are routed to a premium number that generates money for the scammers.
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by omoadeleye(m): 3:23am On Nov 08, 2023
labake1:
Hello everyone!

Use Truecaller to block numbers apart from+234
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by Demurray: 4:09am On Nov 08, 2023
I am a victim too and I have also blocked them tire and another numbers keep callinglolz
Re: How Do I Stop Unknown International Numbers From Calling Me by lonelydora: 4:15am On Nov 08, 2023
labake1:
Hello everyone!

Just this morning, I have blocked four of those numbers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Indian Hackers Leak Snapchat Database After Snapchat Owner Called Indians Poor / 10k/sec to all networks on MTN / Infinix Note 5 Vs TECNO Camon X Pro - Speed Test, RAM Management & Battery Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.