Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency (12396 Views)

EFCC Grills CBN Directors Over Illegal Billion Naira Loan Given To Achimogu / Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation / EFCC Grills Fashola Over Corruption, Demands Asset Documents - Peoples Gazette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by Andybestco(m): 12:05pm On Oct 28, 2023
Hmm God should help us in this country call Nigeria, many things dey happens
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by worksmart(m): 12:08pm On Oct 28, 2023
In a working country Tinubu should not even have smelt the presidency he should have been executed long ago by firing squad.
Ladech:
In a working country, Emiefele should have been hanged.

Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by phemray(m): 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2023
JASONjnr:
All these ones na nonsense.....

He will be set free and he will settle the big goons and the matter will enter under the carpet.....

Just a matter of time...

You May be right if we are looking at this from the old perspective of usual noise and it ends on nothing, but I see a different govt that want to send a signal to the corrupt ones.

The style of every govt. In handling issues like this is different. e.g In the past they loose after trial cos the president has selected looser teams to handle such.

In this case, check fro his record ,Tinubu has always win his cases if he takes someone to court simply cos he always assembled best and didn't joke with technicalities. Now, AGF has seen the end from the beginning and directed EFCC to take over emefele issues . That is the difference I was saying about who is in charge. Fagbemi and olanipekun are always careful of technicalities and they know what to do and not to do at right time. E.g I was not surprised when they took court injection that INEC must continue with collation and declaration of February election results when PDP was shouting, simply ahead. This gives INEC powers to rely on in case of any fight from opposition camp.

So let's believe trial will change now. Tinubu knows them too well..
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by worksmart(m): 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2023
Tinubu himself already collected foreign loan and planning to take some more is Emefiele also to blame for that?
Poisonousman:
Una dey grill emiefele for foreign debt ... naa him collect am.. Una no see buhari go catch.. this kind yeye government self
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by hopexter(m): 12:37pm On Oct 28, 2023
worksmart:
Tinubu already murdered Emefiele before he alleged he resigned as CBN governor, all these now are fake news to distance himself from accusation of the murder and to further destroy Emefiele's character and name before his death finally comes to light.

Stop projecting your foolishness online with the same post. Tinubu already murdered emiefele, that’s how your worthless miscreants said Buhari was dead and replaced with Jubril. You losers should get a rest and put an end to this disgusting stupidity angry
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by FireUpNow(m): 12:39pm On Oct 28, 2023
What of his boss, PMB.?
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by worksmart(m): 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2023
No I am not an IPOB zombie , I am actually a Buhari supporter.

But we have not seen Emefiele alive and well since Tinubu claimed he resigned as CBN governor.
hopexter:

Stop projecting your foolishness online with the same post. Tinubu already murdered emiefele, that’s how your worthless miscreants said Buhari was dead and replaced with Jubril. You losers should get a rest and put an end to this disgusting stupidity angry
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by worksmart(m): 12:46pm On Oct 28, 2023
Nothing do Buhari , foreign loans are not unlawful.

Tinubu himself has collected foreign loans already and he has not even reached 5 months in office.
FireUpNow:
What of his boss, PMB.?
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by captaininiobong(m): 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2023
I will be very happy if emefiele is dead. That man made so many people to lose thier life. People went through hardship and terrible hunger.

So if he is dead , I'm happy for that. It would have been honorable if he had stepped down. The juju that buhari used , he forgot to give emefiele to protect himself.
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by Menclothing: 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2023
This man and Bible after stealing
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by Allisgud: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2023
I think obi don't have looting mindset if not,he will stylishly accept tinubu call for working together,and recover all his campaign money grin grin
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by WAPINATION: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2023
If EFCC do not arrest Buhari too to answer some of these questions to me it remains unfair what they are doing to Emefiele.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by JASONjnr(m): 2:11pm On Oct 28, 2023
phemray:

You May be right if we are looking at this from the old perspective of usual noise and it ends on nothing, but I see a different govt that want to send a signal to the corrupt ones.

The style of every govt. In handling issues like this is different. e.g In the past they loose after trial cos the president has selected looser teams to handle such.

In this case, check fro his record ,Tinubu has always win his cases if he takes someone to court simply cos he always assembled best and didn't joke with technicalities. Now, AGF has seen the end from the beginning and directed EFCC to take over emefele issues . That is the difference I was saying about who is in charge. Fagbemi and olanipekun are always careful of technicalities and they know what to do and not to do at right time. E.g I was not surprised when they took court injection that INEC must continue with collation and declaration of February election results when PDP was shouting, simply ahead. This gives INEC powers to rely on in case of any fight from opposition camp.

So let's believe trial will change now. Tinubu knows them too well..

Tinubu's government that is battling a forged certificate issues and who's vice was linked to Boko Haram emergence?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by hopexter(m): 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2023
worksmart:
No I am not an IPOB zombie , I am actually a Buhari supporter.

But we have not seen Emefiele alive and well since Tinubu claimed he resigned as CBN governor.

If he’s truly dead so his families and allies will be quiet about it right? A former CBN governor demise is not a child’s play to be quiet about so stop this your propaganda.
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by Primusinterpares(m): 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2023
TinFoil100:

Fear lawyers!!! if them reason your case even in this nigeria we keep saying there;s no justice, you go blow whistle with your bum bum ... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
T-shirt a function of how far the prosecution want to go with regards to evidence, manslaughter charge may be included in the count charges if the prosecuting office have evidence with reasonable doubt , not hear say. considering people passed away during the crazy naira change policy this should not be difficult to find.
You have a point sha... That's why they hire SAN. To help defend them in court
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by FireUpNow(m): 2:27pm On Oct 28, 2023
worksmart:
Nothing do Buhari , foreign loans are not unlawful.

Tinubu himself has collected foreign loans already and he has not even reached 5 months in office.
So why are the EFCC drilling the ex CBN gov?
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by worksmart(m): 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2023
Fake news to cover up that Tinubu probably already killed Emefiele when he was in DSS custody and this story about EFCC probe is just Tinubu looking distance himself from accusation of killing Emefiele in DSS custody.
FireUpNow:

So why are the EFCC drilling the ex CBN gov?
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by worksmart(m): 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2023
You think Tinubu cannot muffle Emefiele's family?
A man that has bought all 7 Supreme Court justices and Chief Justice of Nigeria?
Beside who knows if he has even informed them of Emefiele's death?
hopexter:

If he’s truly dead so his families and allies will be quiet about it right? A former CBN governor demise is not a child’s play to be quiet about so stop this your propaganda.
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by worksmart(m): 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2023
Then you would deserve to face the same fate . Emefiele does not deserve to be murdered for doing his job and standing his ground. This is not how we want our govt to be operating.
captaininiobong:
I will be very happy if emefiele is dead. That man made so many people to lose thier life. People went through hardship and terrible hunger.

So if he is dead , I'm happy for that. It would have been honorable if he had stepped down. The juju that buhari used , he forgot to give emefiele to protect himself.
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by worksmart(m): 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2023
Your hatred of Buhari cannot allow you to reason logically.
Did Emefiele or Buhari break any laws?
It is not unlawful to take foreign loans.
Even Tinubu has already taken foreign loans and is looking to take some more.
WAPINATION:
If EFCC do not arrest Buhari too to answer some of these questions to me it remains unfair what they are doing to Emefiele.
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by hopexter(m): 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2023
worksmart:
You think Tinubu cannot muffle Emefiele's family?
A man that has bought all 7 Supreme Court justices and Chief Justice of Nigeria?
Beside who knows if he has even informed them of Emefiele's death?

Because you think out these things doesn’t mean it’s true. Tinubu bought his way from beginning of the election till the end is the only excuse you people have. Did he bribe the CSU too?
He defeated his opponents both home and Abroad. That’s Grace!
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by worksmart(m): 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2023
Honestly I don't mind him being elected as president since the alternatives presented to us are nothing special; But illegalities, witch-hunts and political assassinations is not the type of governance we should be tolerating in 2023.
hopexter:

Because you think out these things doesn’t mean it’s true. Tinubu bought his way from beginning of the election till the end is the only excuse you people have. Did he bribe the CSU too?
He defeated his opponents both home and Abroad. That’s Grace!
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by WAPINATION: 9:23pm On Oct 28, 2023
worksmart:
Your hatred of Buhari cannot allow you to reason logically.
Did Emefiele or Buhari break any laws?
It is not unlawful to take foreign loans.
Even Tinubu has already taken foreign loans and is looking to take some more.

Hey bro who told you Emefiele is being dragged because of foreign loan…ooh common you know better than this naa.
For your correction I do not hate Buhari I only hated his government and pattern of leadership. Why should I waste hate on someone who doesn't know if I existed. If you don't know, it is possible to like someone but disagree or hate his or her way of life.
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by worksmart(m): 9:39pm On Oct 28, 2023
This thread is about this (fake) news story about Emefiele being grilled by EFCC over alleged foreign debts.
WAPINATION:

Hey bro who told you Emefiele is being dragged because of foreign loan…ooh common you know better than this naa.
For your correction I do not hate Buhari I only hated his government and pattern of leadership. Why should I waste hate on someone who doesn't know if I existed. If you don't know, it is possible to like someone but disagree or hate his or her way of life.
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by WAPINATION: 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2023
worksmart:
This thread is about this (fake) news story about Emefiele being grilled by EFCC over alleged foreign debts.

That is the caption they gave to it for media purposes and what they want you and I reading to see and believe.
However Emefiele did not do whatever he did while in office on his own accord. There was a president who gave his consent and approval they said foreign debt which is on Nigeria not on Emefiele’s name it simply means Buhari who was the president during the time should also be questioned but you see it in the light of hating buhari instead of looking inward…You talked about critical reasoning so I wonder how critical is your reasoning on this not to mention Buhari but Emefiele who took orders from Buhari.
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by Boldideas: 10:44pm On Oct 28, 2023
Islie:
•AGF seeks Tinubu’s approval for EFCC to take over ex-CBN gov’s probe

•Special Investigator Obazee submits interim report to President

https://thenationonlineng.net/efcc-grills-emefiele-over-alleged-15b-foreign-debts-new-currency/

Very wicked man😠 The bible is just to draw sympathy, God cannot be mocked!
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by Boldideas: 10:47pm On Oct 28, 2023
lexy2014:

how is that possible? where did he open the accounts?

Why did he buy a bank?
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by lexy2014: 10:51pm On Oct 28, 2023
Boldideas:

Why did he buy a bank?

You didn't answer my questions.

how is that possible? where did he open the accounts?
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by captaininiobong(m): 11:27pm On Oct 28, 2023
worksmart:
Then you would deserve to face the same fate . Emefiele does not deserve to be murdered for doing his job and standing his ground. This is not how we want our govt to be operating.

It would have been more honorable if he denied to be part of that job. Do you know how many people lost thier lives due to hunger that time?
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by worksmart(m): 12:00am On Oct 29, 2023
Hunger today under Tinubu is worse than then.
captaininiobong:

It would have been more honorable if he denied to be part of that job. Do you know how many people lost thier lives due to hunger that time?
Re: EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency by BALLOSKI: 11:36am On Oct 29, 2023
Buhari even granted interview to bloomberg hailing this thief.

The moment the Yam-eater-in-chief was gone, no remnants of his era should have been left behind, but a slow Buhari allowed Emefiele stay and even made Zainab Ahmed a finance minister.

Stupidity!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Growing List Of People Buhari Jailed/killed In His "Anti Corruption Crusades" / President Buhari Commissions National Shared Services Centre, Flags Off 6M (PIX) / Picture Of A Polling Unit In Kano In The Last Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.