Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,817 members, 7,817,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos (1457 Views)

SE Gains More From Lagos Market Closures (pictures) / Justice Mary Odili In Supreme Court Panel Reviewing Bayelsa Election Judgement / Zamfara: APC And PDP Youths Fight In Supreme Court Premises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by XerXers: 11:24am On Oct 28, 2023
Those who have been following events know this. The yoruba elites have now have their way, they have let Igbo traders have their way too. In the end, the poor Yoruba masses suffer most. Yet, they are the ones making noise. These traders will recoup their loss at the expense of struggling yoruba salary earners.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by Chimarto: 11:29am On Oct 28, 2023
XerXers:
Those who have been following events know this. The yoruba elites have now have their way, they have let Igbo traders have their way too. In the end, the poor Yoruba masses suffer most. Yet, they are the ones making noise. These traders will recoup their loss at the expense of struggling yoruba salary earners.
what are the reasons for the closures of the market?

3 Likes

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by XerXers: 11:33am On Oct 28, 2023
Chimarto:
what are the reasons for the closures of the market?
Anytime National politics seems unpredictable and likely not to favor yorubas they will start closing market. It was regular occurrence during Fashola regime when yorubas were out of power. After Buhari took over it stopped. But during elections it will come up again. The yoruba poor masses always brag that they are showing Igbos that they own Lagos. That's rubbish. That political bargaining chip for their elites. Lagos cannot afford to have those markets closed for a long time

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by JAMO84: 11:42am On Oct 28, 2023
XerXers:

Anytime National politics seems unpredictable and likely not to favor yorubas they will start closing market. It was regular occurrence during Fashola regime when yorubas were out of power. After Buhari took over it stopped. But during elections it will come up again. The yoruba poor masses always brag that they are showing Igbos that they own Lagos. That's rubbish. That political bargaining chip for their elites. Lagos cannot afford to have those markets closed for a long time
So, they closed the market for just one week to destroy Igbos? One week closure is enough for you to conclude that they hate you?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by XerXers: 11:53am On Oct 28, 2023
JAMO84:
So, they closed the market for just one week to destroy Igbos? One week closure is enough for you to conclude that they hate you?
Lol, ignorant poor Yoruba masses said so not me. We have been telling them that the politicians are only after their selfish interest but they won't listen. I remember some miscreants caused trouble in the market before election and were beaten by Igbo traders, it was closed, they made noise. I warned that the state government is on the side of the traders they didn't listen, few days it was reopened. I know you hate igbo success in your land but stop expecting government to destroy igbos for you. It doesn't work like that. They only use anti igbo grandstanding for their political interest only. Once they win, they no send anybody

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by yarimo(m): 11:57am On Oct 28, 2023
XerXers:
no wonder someone said

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by SoNature(m): 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2023
XerXers:

Many of you are mentally sick but don't even know that. You see everything from tribal perspective. You need help.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by StreetFight: 12:24pm On Oct 28, 2023
XerXers:

You will cry for long

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by seborrhic: 12:27pm On Oct 28, 2023
XerXers:
The distance between you and sense is like the distance from Alaba international market in Lagos to Ariara international market in Aba,Abia State.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by RenaissanceGuy: 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2023
So very ashamed on the behalf of this guy. What a shame.

12 Likes

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by omenka(m): 12:30pm On Oct 28, 2023
And someone would still doubt Obidients are the dullest and most dillusional living things on the planet. smiley

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by omenka(m): 12:30pm On Oct 28, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
They display their stupidity with so much pride and confidence. 😅😅

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by maivd: 12:39pm On Oct 28, 2023
XerXers:
You are too shallow minded to be using a phone.

9 Likes

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by XerXers: 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2023
SoNature:

Many of you are mentally sick but don't even know that. You see everything from tribal perspective. You need help.
ABI na you de see things from tribal perspective

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by XerXers: 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2023
maivd:

You are too shallow minded to be using a phone.
Okay. Go and buy things in the market with your meagre salary

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by XerXers: 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2023
omenka:
They display their stupidity with so much pride and confidence. 😅😅
Lol. Poor miscreants like you think politicians care about your feeling. You go and hustle. Market closures is not to "recover yorubaland" but to garner support from poor fellow like you. After they win, they open the market for Igbos to exploit you more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by XerXers: 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2023
[sup][/sup]j
omenka:
And someone would still doubt Obidients are the dullest and most dillusional living things on the planet. smiley
You are the dull one because we warned you when you were gloating

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by XerXers: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2023
StreetFight:

You will cry for long
Continue arrogating "winner" to yourself and "crying" to someone else in every outcome. Weak minded people use it to feel good

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by XerXers: 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2023
seborrhic:

The distance between you and sense is like the distance from Alaba international market in Lagos to Ariara international market in Aba,Abia State.
Both are for igbo traders

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by XerXers: 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
Go and collect your meagre salary and submit it to us at Alaba. We have increased prices but they have not increased your salary

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by PoliciaNLand: 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2023
omenka:
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod Mukina2
Rule 2
tribal slurs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by tooth4tooth: 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2023
Very dumb thread.

4 Likes

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by XerXers: 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2023
tooth4tooth:
Very dumb thread.
My dear, we are now sitting in our shops collecting your meagre salary with expensive goods.

3 Likes

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by tooth4tooth: 1:18pm On Oct 28, 2023
XerXers:

My dear, we are now sitting in our shops collecting your meagre salary with expensive goods.
Still a childish mention undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by JAMO84: 1:32pm On Oct 28, 2023
XerXers:

Lol, ignorant poor Yoruba masses said so not me. We have been telling them that the politicians are only after their selfish interest but they won't listen. I remember some miscreants caused trouble in the market before election and were beaten by Igbo traders, it was closed, they made noise. I warned that the state government is on the side of the traders they didn't listen, few days it was reopened. I know you hate igbo success in your land but stop expecting government to destroy igbos for you. It doesn't work like that. They only use anti igbo grandstanding for their political interest only. Once they win, they no send anybody
Yoruba and Hausa dominated markets were also shut down for clean up, which Igbotic conspiracy theory can you produce for that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by XerXers: 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2023
JAMO84:
Yoruba and Hausa dominated markets were also shut down for clean up, which Igbotic conspiracy theory can you produce for that?
But you didn't say these things before. You said you are dealing with Igbos. Always shift goalposts

3 Likes

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by Corn247: 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2023
For God's sake, they should organize psychiatrist hospitals for these people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by emerged01(m): 2:46pm On Oct 28, 2023
JAMO84:
Bro,you get time.
Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by timothy2396(m): 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2023
I regret opening this dumb thread... This OP is definitely from Agulu... He will cry for 8 years as Tinubu's picture is hanging in the offices of all the south east governors
Re: I Said It, Tension In Supreme Court Led To Market Closures In Lagos by XerXers: 3:37pm On Oct 28, 2023
timothy2396:
I regret opening this dumb thread... This OP is definitely from Agulu... He will cry for 8 years as Tinubu's picture is hanging in the offices of all the south east governors
The only consolation of poor miscreants. Your politicians continue to scam you. They have opened igbo market to rip you off

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is This Gbajue Professor? / Milosevic's Death / New York Times Editorial Warns Against Third Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.