Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead (29358 Views)

Alaba Lawson Was Respresentation Of Grace And Strenght - Bukola Olopade / #LekkiShooting: Our Hospital Was Overwhelmed On First Night – Babajide Lawson / Fix Nigeria’s Porous Border - Alaba Lawson Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by dealslip(f): 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2023
ednut1:
Egbaland or yorubaland There was never one yoruba land. We had empires and kingdoms. There is no such thing as iyalode of yorubaland.
But we have Aare Ona kakanfo of Yorubaland
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Smitaro100(m): 4:04pm On Oct 28, 2023
Blaze14k:

I dunno

Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by StreetFight: 4:06pm On Oct 28, 2023
ednut1:
Egbaland or yorubaland There was never one yoruba land. We had empires and kingdoms. There is no such thing as iyalode of yorubaland.

Alaafin of Oyo or Ooni of Ife can install an Iyalode of Yoruba land as a ceremonial position
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Blaze14k: 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2023
Smitaro100:

That guy must be a very stubborn person.
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by ednut1(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2023
dealslip:

But we have Aare Ona kakanfo of Yorubaland
it is an oyo empire title. Not yoruba land. Many yorubas were never under oyo like the ijebu , Ekitis and others.
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Smitaro100(m): 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2023
Blaze14k:

That guy must be a very stubborn person.

Good you know. grin
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Bankowner: 4:23pm On Oct 28, 2023
Even Metusellah didn't plan to live forever. Still, 72 is rather early to die. My father also died at 72 and it hurts deeply. 😢
BlackhatMentor:
WAS she planning on living forever 😼
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by dealslip(f): 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2023
ednut1:
it is an oyo empire title. Not yoruba land. Many yorubas were never under oyo like the ijebu , Ekitis and others.
It's not Aare Ona Kakanfo of Oyo but of Yorubaland
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by ednut1(m): 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2023
dealslip:

It's not Aare Ona Kakanfo of Oyo but of Yorubaland
all those ones na semantics. Do you think Ijebu, Ilorin, Ekiti or ondo recognize him Oyo empire people like to form like they speak for the whole yorubas. When the the british signed a treaty with all yorubas to end all the wars in the late 1890s. The alaafin then Appointed himself as the spokesperson for all yorubas and signed the treaty too. Like where did he get the authority from
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by emperor863(m): 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2023
LibertyRep:
Egba is mourning.

This earthly sojourn is indeed but a stage.

You act your own scene and leave the stage.

The Jibokus have again lost yet another educationist.

May her soul rest in peace. Do you know one Dr. Jiboku, a former lecturer at the school of Basic Studies, Egunya campus of Osun state polytechnic, Abeokuta. He taught me Physical Chemistry between 1980 and 1982.

Clearly, he is/was one of the best teachers I encountered in my academic career. I hope he'd still be alive.
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Lifestone(m): 5:16pm On Oct 28, 2023
Chetas81:
mentioned 5
Check United Kingdom, you will count as many as you want, Spain, Belgium etc too many in Europe
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by osazsky(m): 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2023
Smitaro100:

Still couldn't explain why d name "pig" is offensive to you tho..🙄

Shalom.
when army gave them python dance if u see the way they were playing inside mood potorportor hen...it was wat birthed d name and since then they have accepted it and know they are pigs
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by illicit(m): 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2023
Beremx:
Rest in peace ma.

I think Fela's mum held the title during her lifetime

No ma
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Smitaro100(m): 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2023
osazsky:
when army gave them python dance if u see the way they were playing inside mood potorportor hen...it was wat birthed d name and since then they have accepted it and know they are pigs

Oh! I see.. but that's harsh naa smiley.. but accepting or taking the name personal when it's been mentioned is what I find strange and funny since dats not anyone's original name tho.. smiley
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by caye(m): 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2023
If I remember clearly, she:

- had a child for Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey

- was once sanctioned by the Alake of Egbaland. ?
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by simply22: 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2023
May her soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by LibertyRep: 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2023
emperor863:

May her soul rest in peace. Do you know one Dr. Jiboku, a former lecturer at the school of Basic Studies, Egunya campus of Osun state polytechnic, Abeokuta. He taught me Physical Chemistry between 1980 and 1982.

Clearly, he is/was one of the best teachers I encountered in my academic career. I hope he'd still be alive.

Ogun State you meant.
That must be Dr. Abayomi Jiboku. A former lecturer at the then Ogun State Polytechnic and founder of TAIDOB College.

He died a couple of years ago. A great teacher he was.
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Chetas81(m): 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2023
Lifestone:

Check United Kingdom, you will count as many as you want, Spain, Belgium etc too many in Europe
5 title
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by Ayoade19(m): 11:52pm On Oct 28, 2023
Bar1941:
May her soul rest in peace

Very religious and good woman. I met her once when I was looking for work after graduation many years back. Though I couldn't get any through her but till today, I'm still appreciative of the little attention she gave me.

We all need to pay a little attention to people around us that need such attentions. We never can imagine how long our good or bad attitudes can be remembered in their lives.
Uncle Mosun?
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by ojbaba95(m): 12:13am On Oct 29, 2023
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead by emperor863(m): 8:56am On Oct 29, 2023
LibertyRep:

Ogun State you meant.
That must be Dr. Abayomi Jiboku. A former lecturer at the then Ogun State Polytechnic and founder of TAIDOB College.

He died a couple of years ago. A great teacher he was.

Sorry. Ogun state polytechnic, not Osun state. Yes, I now remember his name, Dr. Yomi Jiboku. May his soul find repose. He was a great teacher.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uchechi Okwu Kanu Vows Boycott Of 2019 Elections / Iskilu Wakili Invited Armed Kinsmen To Dominate Oyo Farms, Says Monarch / June 12: Agba Jalingo arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.