Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,434 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Jungle Justice, My First Hand Experience. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jungle Justice, My First Hand Experience. (990 Views)

Jungle Justice : My Story (must Read) / (video) Jungle-justice. Two Women Burnt To Death For Kidnapping / Jungle Justice On Armed Robbers Caught In Anambra State (Graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jungle Justice, My First Hand Experience. by jumper524(m): 5:20pm On Oct 28, 2023
during my undergraduate days when I was still reside in the hostel, there was this new student from the next room who usually comes to my room to collect movies from my phone.

he was a nice and shy guy, always quiet which became his undoing.

one faithful Sunday, I was going to my room when i saw crowd gathered in his room alongside his roommates, they were beating hell out of this boy, they accused him of stealing a phone which he agreed.
I must confess I did nothing even though I didn't join in beating him, but I know I could influence some of those people beating him.
the admision of guilt gave him away even though he was innocent.
from the intense beating, he lied that the phones were hidden somewhere in the class room which they took him to the location to provide.
on getting there, there was no phone and again he opened up that that he had to lie to save himself.

the beating increased this time and they took him to security agents.
he told his side of the story and they held him captive but no beating..
his father was invited that Sunday and he was at the security unit yelling that his son is never a thief.

shortly after, the real thief who stole the phone, also a room mate of them was caught.
the guy went to sell one of the memory card to one of the hostel barbers which gave him away.

funny enough, no-body was willing to beat the real thief this time around.
guess they all learnt their lesson the hardway...

no matter what, avoid jungle justice.
the mobs can twist a story from Bingo ran for his life to Bingo chased the cat to death.

people are strong enough when you appear weak.

3 Likes

Re: Jungle Justice, My First Hand Experience. by Bintabisiriyu2: 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2023
Lies
Re: Jungle Justice, My First Hand Experience. by brain54(m): 5:33pm On Oct 28, 2023
I hate jungle justice…

Long story…. But It almost happened to me in the streets of Jos back then.

I saw my life flash right before my very own eyes and thought I was gone.

They already brought fuel from nowhere in the middle of the bush bro…how they got fuel there I wonder.

And you would be surprised the supposed offense for which they wanted to take a life. (Innocent or guilty)

It’s better to let a guilty criminal go… than to maim an innocent soul.

#lets say no to jungle justice!

3 Likes

Re: Jungle Justice, My First Hand Experience. by jumper524(m): 5:48pm On Oct 28, 2023
brain54:
I hate jungle justice…

Long story…. But It almost happened to me in the streets of Jos back then.

I saw my life flash right before my very own eyes and thought I was gone.

They already brought fuel from nowhere in the middle of the bush bro…how they got fuel there I wonder.

And you would be surprised the supposed offense for which they wanted to take a life. (Innocent or guilty)

It’s better to let a guilty criminal go… than to maim an innocent soul.

#lets say no to jungle justice!
when ever you see crowd mumbling, watch well youll see some evil people trying to take advantage of the situation.
Most especially diabolic people, they try to trigger killings and then harvest organs.
Just imagine how fuel came into the picture.
Re: Jungle Justice, My First Hand Experience. by calabaman(m): 7:38pm On Oct 28, 2023
Almost happened to me on Lagos Island.

Imagine, an engineer being labelled a thief all of a sudden I was slapped, ask to kneel down because I didn't eat from a calabash they brought for me to swear on.

What if it were a ploy to make me run mad?

Well had to pay ransome money, before I was let go.

God will punish that woman wherever she is and that money would be used to bury her.

What a horrible experience.....
Re: Jungle Justice, My First Hand Experience. by Ishilove: 8:33pm On Nov 19, 2023
This is just horrible
Re: Jungle Justice, My First Hand Experience. by 2elliot: 9:25am On Nov 20, 2023
On three occasions, I have stopped mobs from jungle justice even though the said accused were guilty. I did that because I have a soft heart and can't withstand torture, though I hate criminals and wish they are killed but not in my presence.
One of those occasions, the mob also beat me join because they believed that I was a gang member from the way I was pleading seriously and interfering. They landed two by two planks on my hand as I tried to block it from it hitting the accused head. I fear for my life sha as the crowd turned on me. What saved me was how I was able to convince them that they would not have beat the thief if he was a wealthy politician, who continues to steal our collective money which then result in poverty that drives some to become petty thieves. We beat and kill the petty thieves but praise the big thieves. O mehn, na so debate start for the crowd o, some come support me. Na so the beating take stop.
Sha, I no go try wetin I do again o.
Re: Jungle Justice, My First Hand Experience. by Dontcry09985: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2023
Mohammed have gone crazy

(1) (Reply)

4 Teens Die As Stolen Suv Hits Train / Pastor Sells Son / Thunder Struck Two Men To Death In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.