Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Was Jesus A Soldier Here? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus A Soldier Here? (985 Views)

Was Jesus A Failure Because Many Of His Disciples Left Him And Few Stayed? / Was Jesus A Catholic Or Protestant Or Jehovah Witness? / When Was Jesus Truly Born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MindHacker9009(m): 9:46pm On Oct 28, 2023
I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
Is Jesus a soldier here?
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:56pm On Oct 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:
Is Jesus talking about Islam here?

Quote where he used it against someone! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MindHacker9009(m): 10:01pm On Oct 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Quote where he used it against someone! smiley

You should help explain what he was saying.
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:14pm On Oct 28, 2023
MindHacker9009:

You should help explain what he was saying.

If someone said he has not brought peace but sword but he never used a sword neither support the use of swords among his friends then you need to use your common sense! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MindHacker9009(m): 10:31pm On Oct 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If someone said he has not brought peace but sword but he never used a sword neither support the use of swords among his friends then you need to use your common sense! wink

But you have not used your common sense to explain what he meant
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by LordIsaac(m): 10:51pm On Oct 28, 2023
He is referring to bringing a message that would set unbelievers at variance with believers.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:46am On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:

But you have not used your common sense to explain what he meant
I hope you can read this, it's common sense if you're not old enough to grasp words spoken in idioms!

LordIsaac:

He is referring to bringing a message that would set unbelievers at variance with believers.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MindHacker9009(m): 7:19am On Oct 29, 2023
LordIsaac:

So you mean everything Jesus said means something else and he has given you the explanation to all of them.
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by AntiChristian: 7:27am On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:

So you mean everything Jesus said means something else and he has given you the explanation to all of them.

Mr Man/Woman, you don't have the holy spirit!
Let me interpret it for you!

In Zephaniah 2:12, “You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword,” says the LORD.

So in the above, The LORD aka Yahweh has sword!

But Jesus doesn't have any o! He's the prince of peace but he's one with the father who has sword!

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MindHacker9009(m): 7:45am On Oct 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I hope you can read this, it's common sense if you're not old enough to grasp words spoken in idioms!

So you mean "I did not come to bring peace, but a sword" is an idiomatic expression Jesus was using. It's common sense if you are not old enough to know that Jesus was not using idioms.
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MindHacker9009(m): 8:27am On Oct 29, 2023
AntiChristian:

Mr Man, you don't have the holy spirit!
Let me interpret it for you!

In Zephaniah 2:12, “You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword,” says the LORD.

So in the above, The LORD aka Yahweh has sword!

But Jesus doesn't have any o! He's the prince of peace but he's one with the father who has sword!

You got Zephaniah all wrong because according to MaxInDHouse, Zephaniah spoke using an idiom. And according to LordIsaac, Zephaniah was referring to bringing a message that would set unbelievers at variance with believers in Ethiopia.
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by AntiChristian: 8:37am On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:

You got Zephaniah all wrong because according to MaxInDHouse Zephaniah spoke using an idiom. And according to LordIsaac, Zephaniah was referring to bringing a message that would set unbelievers at variance with believers in Ethiopia.

You mean The Ethiopians Wil be slaughtered by setting unbelievers up with the believers just like the last election wey Muslim-Muslim were being fought by most Christians?

Na sword be that?

Anyways, it's okay o!

See another sword below:
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns[diadems].

He has a name written on him that no one but he himself knows. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
(Revelation 19:11-16 NIV)
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MindHacker9009(m): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2023
AntiChristian:

See another sword below:
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns[diadems].

He has a name written on him that no one but he himself knows. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

According to MaxInDHouse they are just idioms being use so just relax and let MaxInDHouse teach you more of these idioms used here and there.
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by AntiChristian: 8:48am On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:

According to MaxInDHouse they are just idioms being use so just relax and let MaxInDHouse teach us more of these idioms used here and there.

Okay we dey await am o
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MindHacker9009(m): 9:26am On Oct 29, 2023
AntiChristian:

Okay we dey await am o

But your prophet instead used the real sword. Jesus idioms meant peace but your prophet's idioms meant war.

AntiChristian:

You mean The Ethiopians Wil be slaughtered by setting unbelievers up with the believers just like the last election wey Muslim-Muslim were being fought by most Christians?

Na sword be that?

Anyways, it's okay o!

See another sword below:

Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by AntiChristian: 9:32am On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:

But your prophet instaed used the real sword on Jews and Christians. Jesus idioms meant peace but your prophet's idioms meant war.

Yes, he fought Jews, Christians, idolators as they fought him.

Jesus had no battalion unlike Moses and Joshua!
And Jesus was definitely not the same yesterday today and forever!
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MindHacker9009(m): 9:42am On Oct 29, 2023
AntiChristian:

Yes, he fought Jews, Christians, idolators as they fought him.

Jesus had no battalion unlike Moses and Joshua!
And Jesus was definitely not the same yesterday today and forever!

So why did he not just keep his war in his town why bring it to Africa which led to Africa being behind Europe in science and technology when Egypt and Mali had advanced technology as of that time but are now lacking behind as your prophet did not keep his war to his own town but brought it to Africa.
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by AntiChristian: 9:47am On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:

So why did he not just keep his war in his town why bring it to Africa which led to Africa being behind Europe in science and technology when Egypt and Mali had advanced technology as of that time but are now lacking behind as your prophet did not keep his war to his own town but brought it to Africa.

Do you mean Muhammad brought all the wars in the old testament?

Was Muhammad involved when Hitler killed Jews?

That American shooter that killed several people was he inspired by Muhammad?

Think na!
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MindHacker9009(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2023
AntiChristian:

Do you mean Muhammad brought all the wars in the old testament?

Was Muhammad involved when Hitler killed Jews?

That American shooter that killed several people was he inspired by Muhammad?

Think na!

Did the Old Testament take the wars outside of Isreal. The wars in the Old Testament were kept within Isreal and was not taking to Europe, Africa and Asia. But can you say the same of your prophet.

But Muslims say it's fake that Hitler killed Jews

Think na.
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:

So you mean "I did not come to bring peace, but a sword" is an idiomatic expression Jesus was using. It's common sense if you are not old enough to know that Jesus was not using idioms.

If you're not a fool can any court of law convict a person who uttered what Jesus said without using weapons against anyone? smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by AntiChristian: 4:36pm On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Did the Old Testament take the wars outside of Isreal. The wars in the Old Testament were kept within Isreal and was not taking to Europe, Africa and Asia. But can you say the same of your prophet.

But Muslims say it's fake that Hitler killed Jews

Think na.

Outside Israel? Where to? Was there Europe, Africa and Asia in the Bible?

Show me proofs Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalam ever stepped in Europe, Africa or Asia?
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:
Is Jesus talking about Islam here?.
The Sword is God's judgment which brings disaster to those who are against Him. undecided
5 “Give this message to the people of Judah: Tell everyone in the city of Jerusalem: ‘Blow the trumpet all over the country.’ Shout out loud and say, ‘Come together! Let us all escape to the strong cities for protection.’
6 Raise the signal flag toward Zion. Run for your lives! Don’t wait! Do this because I am bringing disaster from the north. I am bringing terrible destruction.”
7 A lion has come out of his cave. A destroyer of nations has begun to march.He has left his home to destroy your land. Your towns will be destroyed. There will be no one left to live in them.
8 The Lord is angry with us, so put on sackcloth and cry out loud!
9 The Lord says, “When this happens, the king and his officers will lose their courage. The priests will be filled with fear, and the prophets will be shocked.”
10 Then I, Jeremiah, said, “Lord God, you have tricked the people of Judah and Jerusalem. You said to them, ‘You will have peace.’ But now the sword is pointing at their throats! - Jeremiah 4 vs 1 - 10
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by Maynman: 4:54pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The Sword is God's judgment which brings disaster to those who are against Him. undecided
What an omnipotent god.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MindHacker9009(m): 5:09pm On Oct 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If you're not a fool can any court of law convict a person who uttered what Jesus said without using weapons against anyone? smiley

You are the one that is a BIG FOOL, if not, then when you go knocking on people's doors why don't you tell them [youI did not come to bring peace, but a sword]
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:23pm On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:

You are the one that is a BIG FOOL, if not, then when you go knocking on people's doors why don't you tell them [youI did not come to bring peace, but a sword]

Am i the owner of the teaching?

Why are you so dumb?

Jesus is the OWNER of the teaching so what he said about tearing families apart has affected me too so how do you expect me to say what the owner said when the command he gave me was to make peace with everyone? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MindHacker9009(m): 7:28pm On Oct 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Am i the owner of the teaching?

Why is MaxInDHouse you so dumb?

Jesus is the OWNER of the teaching so what he said about tearing families apart has affected me too so how do you expect me to say what the owner said when the command he gave me was to make peace with everyone? undecided

You are the one so dumb, if not you should able to knock on people's door and tell the what your master Jesus you so believe in has told you. Next time you knock on people's doors tell them the truth as you master Jesus has told you that [you did not come to bring peace, but a sword].
Also [tell them to sell their cloak and buy a sword] like your master Jesus has told you.
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:

You are the one so dumb, if not you should able to knock on people's door and tell the what your master Jesus you so believe in has told you. Next time you knock on people's doors tell them the truth as you master Jesus has told you that [you did not come to bring peace, but a sword].
Also [tell them to sell their cloak and buy a sword] like your master Jesus has told you.
There you go again reading without grasping!

@ Matthew chapter 10 and Luke chapter 22

In those verses you quoted Jesus was talking to his own disciples not preaching to strangers and the sword he told them to buy isn't physical swords otherwise it would have been on record that Jesus disciples also killed people! smiley

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:19pm On Oct 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

There you go again reading without grasping!

@ Matthew chapter 10 and Luke chapter 22

In those verses you quoted Jesus was talking to his own disciples not preaching to strangers and the sword he told them to buy isn't physical swords otherwise it would have been on record that Jesus disciples also killed people! smiley

💯

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:30pm On Oct 29, 2023
When common sense is missing!

In a book you read about a man saying he did not bring peace but sword so you concluded that he must be responsible for killing but the same person commanded his disciples never to raise weapons against anyone and there is no record of his disciples fighting people with swords.
All these is RECORDED in the same book!

How come an intelligent person failed to grasp that the man in question never meant physical sword is what really baffles me. undecided

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
When common sense is missing!

In a book you read about a man saying he did not bring peace but sword so you concluded that he must be responsible for killing but the same person commanded his disciples never to raise weapons against anyone and there is no record of his disciples fighting people with swords.
All these is RECORDED in the same book!

How come an intelligent person failed to grasp that the man in question never meant physical sword is what really baffles me. undecided

Seen the news?

2 Likes

Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:11am On Oct 30, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Seen the news?

Our friend has removed the topic he wants to fight against Jesus Christ but forgotten that if we're to use the power of reasoning Christ's disciples are the most intelligent humans on planet earth! Isaiah 54:17
Re: Was Jesus A Soldier Here? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:31am On Oct 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Our friend has removed the topic he wants to fight against Jesus Christ but forgotten that if we're to use the power of reasoning Christ's disciples are the most intelligent humans on planet earth! Isaiah 54:17

On our website

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

W W J D? / Judaism And Christianity / Was Jesus Gay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.