Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Judaism And Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Judaism And Christianity (987 Views)

What Are Some Differences Between Judaism Christianity And Islam? / Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? / Did God Send 2 Different But True Religions? Judaism And Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judaism And Christianity by queen2(f): 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2007
I'm confused, people say judaism is the oldest religion in the world and its abraham's religion, is it?
So do u think judaism and christianity is the same religion or just a similar religion

Are jews also christians?
Re: Judaism And Christianity by okokobioko(m): 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2007
Let me clear your doubts a little bit; judaisim gave birth 2 christianity.without judaisim there cannot b xtianity.
d principles practise in judaisim is still important 2 the principles of faith in practise xtianity. They are almost the same but not the same.
Re: Judaism And Christianity by m4malik(m): 8:17pm On Jan 04, 2007
Well, Christianity is quite distinct from Judaism, and you only have to read the Gospels to see this for yourself. The important thing to note, however, is that both the Old Testament and the New are a collective revelation of the one true and living God. Let me leave you some lines of scripture that might help:

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. . . But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

- Galatians 3:11-12 & 23-25.

As to Judaism being the oldest religion in the world, it does not appear so, even from the Bible itself. The key to understanding this is to ask what exactly was Judaism.
Re: Judaism And Christianity by Aggressa(m): 1:56am On Jan 05, 2007
queen2:

I'm confused, people say judaism is the oldest religion in the world and its abraham's religion, is it?
So do u think judaism and christianity is the same religion or just a similar religionAre jews also christians?

@Queen2,
I concur with m4malik's submission. In addition, while it is true that Christianity has it's root in Judaism, Christianity is a completely different entity from Judaism. In fact, the ultimate purpose of Judaism is fulfilled in Christianity; because the ultimate purpose of the Mosaic laws of Judaistic legalism is to convict of sin and lead man to Jesus Christ (Supporting ref: Matthew 5:17-20)

As per Abraham, it is incorrect to say Judaism was his religion because the laws had not been given at his time. Abraham had no religion; but he had SAVING FAITH in Lord Jesus Christ. Genesis 15:6 says of Abraham: And he BELIEVED in the Lord; and He counted it to him for RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Even today, God is not asking us to have a "religion" so to speak; He is offering us the divine grace of Salvation, which comes ONLY through Faith in Christ Jesus.
Re: Judaism And Christianity by m4malik(m): 12:31am On Jan 06, 2007
Salute! wink
Re: Judaism And Christianity by KAG: 1:40am On Jan 06, 2007
queen2:

No, Judaism isn't the oldest religion in the world.

So do u think judaism and christianity is the same religion or just a similar religion

Christianity is like the bastard child of Judaism, sprinkle of Zoroastrianism, some Manichaeism, and a few pagan religions and traditions here and there.

(1) (Reply)

Ghosts: How Real Are They? / The Golden Rule / Who Should Be The Next Pope - A Nigerian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.