Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! (2424 Views)

Apostle Elisha Asuquo And Pastor Aniekan Ibanga Killed In Akwa Ibom / How A Fake EFCC Official (Ime Ifechukwu) Scammed A Belgian Woman / Man Rain Curses On Fraudster Who Scammed A Client Of N93,730 With His Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Godstime133: 9:57am On Oct 29, 2023
Good morning nairalanders. Pls excuse my typing errors as i am not too perfect in English. Okay i live at eleko side of lagos island which is not qualified to be called island because that side is almost out of civilization. No electricity, no food, no market nothing so I decided to move my family to mainland, at least we can be sure of electricity, especially in this hard times of inflation where fuel is now a luxury to afford.

So i took an early morning bus to lagos mainland and stopped at afolabi bus stop, along igando iyana paja road to look for house agents to begin my house hunt.

This is where my troubles all began. 😭😭😭😭

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Godstime133: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2023
Now i got to afolabi and went further a bit then reached akesan and saw the road was tarred so I decided to begin my search from here. I went into an agent office and told him i needed a room self contained, he first of all sighed and said room self contained was hard to find that anyone that is available is immediately taken due to the situation in the country now. He asked if I could up my budget a bit and get a room and parlor self contained but i told him even the room self contained all i can afford is 120k per annum, with total package i can only afford 220k. The rest money in my account i will use it to hire a bus to pack my loads to the house then i can sort my family on feeding afterwards.
Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by kereman1: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2023
Op I'm hooked onto your story, fire on!!!

3 Likes

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by geoworldedu: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2023
Following you
Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by LagosG: 10:05am On Oct 29, 2023
If you sent money to agent instead of the landlord, na mugu you be.
Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Godstime133: 10:07am On Oct 29, 2023
kereman1:
Op I'm hooked onto your story, fire on!!!
it will get more interesting sir as i was just defrauded of the money i wanted to rent the house with. Screenshots and evidences will also follow
Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Godstime133: 10:09am On Oct 29, 2023
LagosG:
If you sent money to agent instead of the landlord, na mugu you be.
its fine sir i admit i was a mugu but let everyone else learn from my story because in this lagos u can never be too wise. Just follow me and see how it all went down.

4 Likes

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Pickmycall: 10:12am On Oct 29, 2023
Na so caretaker defraud my pop and pack out if the house at Oshodi,Lagos.
Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by LagosG: 10:17am On Oct 29, 2023
Godstime133:
its fine sir i admit i was a mugu but let everyone else learn from my story because in this lagos u can never be too wise. Just follow me and see how it all went down.
I feel you bro. But I can smell a scam a mile away. I was born and grew up in Lagos. Overwise dey worry me. In 2012 when I went to the UK for the first time, my overwiseness got me over £200 in two days. Dem wan scam LagosG based on say Dem see me like JJC for Jand because I rent Range Rover....I say no wahala. Last last I chop their money saara. Emi Idan! My guys still remind me of it steady. Before you scam me, I don chop your money dey form mugu
Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Godstime133: 10:24am On Oct 29, 2023
Okay now the agent number 1 wasn’t at his shop but it was opened so i called and he said he wasn’t far that I should wait for him some minutes. So i told him okay, meanwhile i said let me get another agent while i still wait for the first one.

And did I mention that the journey from eleko to mainland took me almost 6hours and i spent roughly 3500naira. Now i was already exhausted with severe back pains but i still remained strong.

Okay so now while waiting for the first agent I found a second agent shop close to the road so i walked in and met a man inside pressing his phone and i greeted him and explained my request to him. Then he told me there is one on ground and that it is 270,000naira.

I screamed and told him i can only afford 220k , 230k at the most. Now as we were talking the previous agent I first went to his shop called and told me he is now at his office that i can come. So he took me to one place but the place was really bad. Now I nearly burst into tears because I knew right now my budget can never get me something decent.

Below is the pictures of the pace he show led me.

1 Like

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Godstime133: 10:34am On Oct 29, 2023
Now i was sad 😭, even the one he got me didn’t have a personal kitchen, it was a shared kitchen, so it is basically an upgraded face me face you. There will definitely be quarells on who owns the kitchen more.

So i told him I can’t take this yet unless i had no other hope. So i went to the second agent i met again. I got to his shop and told him the one i was shown wasn’t average at all. So he told me he has one at same afolabi, i tried to describe the one i have been to if it was the one he meant he said no. So i said okay i will like to see.

Now he said he will call the agents incharge that he doesn’t know the address yet. Now it was already late and i have to start going back home so i ask if he was on Whatsapp and he said yes so i told him i will come a day after that day and he was okay. Now I started heading back home at around 4:30pm, due to the hold up i got to eleko by 11:20pm. Was so tired and exhausted so the next day I couldn’t go back.

Below is the second agent shop banner

That was on the 25th/10/2023 when i and the agent saw at ekesan

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by galantjoe(m): 10:58am On Oct 29, 2023
Are you being evicted from where you re. Why can't you Stay where you re until you get enough money to move to a nicer place.

Why Rushing to move from flying pan to fire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Godstime133: 11:06am On Oct 29, 2023
So now the second agent messaged me back the next day which was on Friday 27th/10/2023 and told me that he has gotten through to the other agent and that they have forwarded him the video of the place. The video attached.

Now I realized it was the same place as the one i and the first agent went to check to i just didn’t respond to the WhatsApp message. I just ignored it.

His number +234 803 513 0970

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Godstime133: 11:20am On Oct 29, 2023
So to my surprise, he sent me more messages on Friday 27th/10/2023 and said he has found another one that the place is going for just 120k per annum then total package 220k. Fenced compound etc. so he sent me the video and i was very happy that finally something my budget can carry.

He then told me to hurry up that offers like this one doesn’t last long that it may be gone in a matter of minutes because he was not the direct agent. Now he was asking that i pay down before i come down for it. To be honest i felt a little scam at this point but it was too subtle to tell so i told him that NO I wouldn’t pay yet but i can send my wife down to check the place and see how it is then she can pay immediately.

Below is the chats

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Bankowner: 11:28am On Oct 29, 2023
Are you sure you're not stylishly advertising for an agent? Displaying people's contact on social media without their consent is an offense you know.

5 Likes

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Godstime133: 11:35am On Oct 29, 2023
Bankowner:
Are you sure you're not stylishly advertising for an agent? Displaying people's contact on social media without their consent is an offense you know.
don’t worry stay glued to the tread. You will see the bank transfer screenshots and transactions.
Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Gadafii: 11:41am On Oct 29, 2023
Carry your money come ikorodu, forget the negative things you hear, ikorodu is really a nice place to live, the roads are now improved, electricity in my area(close to Lasustech) is nothing less than 18 hours, food markets full everywhere, with that 220k total package you can get nice self con in first gate, odogunyan, elepe, etc

The issue however is that nightlife is nearly absent in most parts of ikorodu, but as a young hustling guy, even with family ikorodu Dey for you

7 Likes

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by ILoveFaith: 11:49am On Oct 29, 2023
Update joor
Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Martinsmine(m): 12:00pm On Oct 29, 2023
We they wait
Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Godstime133: 12:12pm On Oct 29, 2023
now my wife was home by around then which was around 2pm, i immediately called her and sent her transport fair to hit the road down to mainland to make payment for the house before it slips me by, or so i thought😞😞

My wife left all she was doing and hit the road at around 2:30pm, worse of it i told her to get a key and some little things because i was so hyped up and happy i have gotten something within my budget. How could i have known something else was happening. The both agents had their offices and both dressed fine, one was even an elderly man. Now my wife started going, was struggling the holdup and i was always on call with her and the agent.

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Godstime133: 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2023
Now my wife arrived there at about 7:30pm and waited a bit for the so called agent to arrive. Then they went to the house and checked it out and it was as it should be. Now the part i blamed myself was not sounding a warning to her not to pay to any agent, and also the way they kept on hurrying her to make the payment should have been a red flag for her but we never pay attention to those signs.

She went on the make the transaction of 220k to the account, plus charges making 222k.

Account name: OPEOLUWA ELISHA

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Godstime133: 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2023
OPEOLUWA ELISHA

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by SIXTEENTH(m): 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
Wow bro's only the timberland for me,
Beautiful daughter though.
Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by ceejay80s(m): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2023
Please continue.....
Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Godstime133: 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2023
Now after immediately paying now my wife was trying to see it ahe could sleep there but then saw that the key was bad so i asked her to find a cheap hotel around so she went to a hotel. Now only for the next morning the agent called my wife and told her that the room she paid for is not available. So she asked why he collected the payment, the agent started giving stories. Now my wife called me and i was so disappointed. Now i asked that the money be refunded back to me that’s where stories began.

Now it is my wife there as i am not there, and to even start coming the distance alone and the hold up then the transportation.

After my wife was pleading with tears in her eyes, the agent who stopped picking his calls now managed to send back only 155k from the 220k paid to his account.

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by Godstime133: 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2023
Now i am totally back to square one, I with the budget I couldn’t afford now I can’t even talk of renting an apartment anymore. Right now I just feel like ending it all. Like now i am totally confused as to why am this unlucky. I know i was clueless to allow my wife transfer to an agent account but then i have seen where agents collect rent in place of landlords and the transaction went successfully. Am totally confused now, how can people be this wicked.
Through yesterday my wife pleaded and pleaded to refund this man was giving excuses upon excuses. I am not there and this place is far far away so what more can i do now? Unless i go there.

Then when i spend more money on transportation going there it’s already shutdown my budget which made me fall into this problem in the first place.

Till now my wife is still crying like I don’t know where to begin from.
Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by SensualMan: 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2023
Smh! Why are yoruba people this wicked?

Few months ago u were shouting "On your mandate"

You are yet to learn ur lessons in the no man's land.

Call Tinubu or go back to Ibadan.

To cut the long story short, you need fund raising?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by SensualMan: 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
One naira I will not assist u with.

A core supporter of Emilokan grin

Yoruba ronu undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by LifeOfTrigga(m): 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
Gadafii:
Carry your money come ikorodu, forget the negative things you hear, ikorodu is really a nice place to live, the roads are now improved, electricity in my area(close to Lasustech) is nothing less than 18 hours, food markets full everywhere, with that 220k total package you can get nice self con in first gate, odogunyan, elepe, etc

The issue however is that nightlife is nearly absent in most parts of ikorodu, but as a young hustling guy, even with family ikorodu Dey for you
I was just about to type this, even light join self for ikd ma bonus! If you mind your business
Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by ceejay80s(m): 1:52pm On Oct 29, 2023
Godstime133:
Now after immediately paying now my wife was trying to see it ahe could sleep there but then saw that the key was bad so i asked her to find a cheap hotel around so she went to a hotel. Now only for the next morning the agent called my wife and told her that the room she paid for is not available. So she asked why he collected the payment, the agent started giving stories. Now my wife called me and i was so disappointed. Now i asked that the money be refunded back to me that’s where stories began.

Now it is my wife there as i am not there, and to even start coming the distance alone and the hold up then the transportation.

After my wife was pleading with tears in her eyes, the agent who stopped picking his calls now managed to send back only 155k from the 220k paid to his account.

Look for the bastard and stab him to death, I hate nonsense, I don't mind going to prison, I will make sure he will never live to spend that money
Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by ceejay80s(m): 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2023
Godstime133:
Now i am totally back to square one, I with the budget I couldn’t afford now I can’t even talk of renting an apartment anymore. Right now I just feel like ending it all. Like now i am totally confused as to why am this unlucky. I know i was clueless to allow my wife transfer to an agent account but then i have seen where agents collect rent in place of landlords and the transaction went successfully. Am totally confused now, how can people be this wicked.
Through yesterday my wife pleaded and pleaded to refund this man was giving excuses upon excuses. I am not there and this place is far far away so what more can i do now? Unless i go there.

Then when i spend more money on transportation going there it’s already shutdown my budget which made me fall into this problem in the first place.

Till now my wife is still crying like I don’t know where to begin from.
Quietly go to the nearest police station and report, don't let dem know U are going there, police bad ooo , but dem too get feelings and sympathy, see the dpo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOW OPEOLUWA ELISHA SCAMMED A HOUSE SEEKER AT OBADORE LAGOS STATE beware!!! by ceejay80s(m): 2:00pm On Oct 29, 2023
Igando would have been better for U , 2 close markets, igando and ikotun market, no cultism like in mainland and ikorodu, quiet, peaceful

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abominable Things I Did As A Young Boy / Meet Jezebel On Earth / Fire Alarm System Smoke Detector Installation And Maintenance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.