Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Closed thread - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Closed thread (2266 Views)

Closed thread. Mods can delete when seen ✖️✖️✖️ / Closed thread / closed thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Closed thread by LithiumBa3: 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2023
Thread closed

My wife don born here with me.

Thanks
Re: Closed thread by AskProf: 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2023
LithiumBa3:
I don't know if the topic I used is write but I have this problem bothering me, that I would like to seek solution for, my moniker is popular in this forum so I decided to create new account for some security reasons.

My wife is pregnant and my in-laws are insisting I bring her home to deliver, I have asked them reason for this, they said because it's her first pregnancy, that they wants to take care of her.

Although I'm against this proposal but each time they call they keep insisting on this and I'm getting tired over it.

House I need you guys to look into this, is it right for her to go and deliver in their house or stay with me and deliver.

Please I need urgent and matured advice and for record sake her bride price was fully paid.

Mynd44, RoyalRoy

Is your wife married to you?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed thread by Wujio: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2023
Why are you hell bent on fighting for nothing. Many ladies first pregnancy gets on the wrong road. Many ladies give birth to defective kids in first attempt or the life of the first child is dented. They havent done wrong. Their care is in your interest na

2 Likes

Re: Closed thread by LithiumBa3: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2023
AskProf:

Is your wife married to you?

I stated that at the last paragraph
Re: Closed thread by LithiumBa3: 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2023
Wujio:
Why are you hell bent on fighting for nothing. Many ladies first pregnancy gets on the wrong road. Many ladies give birth to defective kids in first attempt or the life of the first child is dented. They havent done wrong. Their care is in your interest na

Those it mean married men their wife deliver first child in their papa house?

2 Likes

Re: Closed thread by Babangidapikin: 2:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
Talk to the elders in your family, are you Mal treating there daughter, does she ask for Suya at night and yogurt early in the morning and you are not taking care of her craving.. Just have a family meeting. They might have there reasons...
Re: Closed thread by MS247: 2:50pm On Oct 29, 2023
cool

You have a daughter, raised her for 365 days , 25 years , cloth her , loved her , watch her grow

Then she is pregnant and you requested for her to deliver close to you

And

A Man who from no where met her less than 5 years paid some dowry and feels he has exclusive right over her

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Closed thread by Babangidapikin: 2:56pm On Oct 29, 2023
MS247:
You have a daughter, raised her for 365 days , 25 years , cloth her , loved her , watch her grow

And

A Man who from no where met her less than 5 years paid some dowry and feels he has exclusive right over her
But she agreed to marry him ... The ladies family can come and do omugwo that is all ...It is the man's responsibility to see and protect his seeds..

14 Likes

Re: Closed thread by Wujio: 2:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
LithiumBa3:

Those it mean married men their wife deliver first child in their papa house?

It doesnt. Its you the man that determines everything. But dont see everything as attack. Tell them you prefer to have your child at your place and that her mum can come to her at your place. That this is what you prefer. Ot is your right. But dont see them as enemies is what i am simply saying

3 Likes

Re: Closed thread by MS247: 2:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
Babangidapikin:

But she agreed to marry him ... The ladies family can come and do omugwo that is all ...It is responsibility to see and protect his seeds..

I pray nothing bad happens during child delivery if not the O.P would explain tire

3 Likes

Re: Closed thread by Babangidapikin: 2:58pm On Oct 29, 2023
MS247:

I pray she nothing bad happens during child delivery if not the O.P would explain tire
I agree that's why he needs to know why they are demanding to take care of her .

1 Like

Re: Closed thread by Oyindidi(f): 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2023
In some places it's compulsory for their daughters to have their first child with them
Re: Closed thread by Mhizzard(m): 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2023
There is something more to the excuse the woman is given.if your wife has an elder sis that has been married,ask her if she(her sis) went through the process.

2 Likes

Re: Closed thread by LithiumBa3: 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2023
MS247:
cool

And

Bros be calming down, for me to bring this topic here is just for me to know if it's right not like I'm trying to be strong head, after all this is my first time of hearing this, my sister never delivered at home.

2 Likes

Re: Closed thread by LithiumBa3: 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2023
Mhizzard:
There is something more to the excuse the woman is given.if your wife has an elder sis that has been married,ask her if she(her sis) went through the process.

She's the first daughter and besides is both the mother and father that are telling me to bring her home.

I'm not spiritual person but I'm afraid that might be something they are not telling me, because I never heard before married woman go her papa house to deliver
Re: Closed thread by Wujio: 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2023
LithiumBa3:

Bros be calming down, for me to bring this topic here is just for me to know if it's right not like I'm trying to be strong head, after all this is my first time of hearing this, my sister never delivered at home.

Many ladies have issues with first child birth that goes beyond the knowledge of the husband. Many is tied to spiritual that the husband woyldnt even know. This.is where the womans family brings the wealth if experience to support the process. Young men who dont know the process always run fast to give opinion against the womans family. But it is to the best interest if the man. Trust me i have been there. I know a smart young boy that is ten years deformed because what would cost just 2000 Naira the man and woman fidbt know nor do deformed the child.
Re: Closed thread by MS247: 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2023
LithiumBa3:

Ok, you asked a good question.

But please let them take the delivery and be present, they may not declose everything to you about their family history
Re: Closed thread by LithiumBa3: 3:10pm On Oct 29, 2023
MS247:

Ok, you asked a good question.

But please let them take the delivery and be present, they may not declose everything to you about their family history

We are a bit far, I'm planning to take her home first week of December that's if I later agree on their plea then return back to my base
Re: Closed thread by SUPERPACK: 3:11pm On Oct 29, 2023
If it's a traditional right in her place pls let her go, this is common with women from some parts of Adamawa state, all firsts are born at home. Do ask for the reason and tell them to tell you the truth, also ask people from her family and village.

The thing is if you refuse and anything happens to their daughter during her first child birth they will put all the blames on your head. In fact it could lead to a big war.

1 Like

Re: Closed thread by MS247: 3:12pm On Oct 29, 2023
LithiumBa3:

We are a bit far, I'm planning to take her home first week of December that's if I later agree on their plea then return back to my base

Ok, Good luck bro
Re: Closed thread by Nebes: 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2023
Please the place for delivery should be somewhere with professional medical personnel that can care for the mother and baby. Is her father's house a hospital?
May God preserve your wife and child.

2 Likes

Re: Closed thread by Mhizzard(m): 3:39pm On Oct 29, 2023
LithiumBa3:

She's the first daughter and besides is both the mother and father that are telling me to bring her home.

I'm not spiritual person but I'm afraid that might be something they are not telling me, because I never heard before married woman go her papa house to deliver
here,you are the husband in which you are the head of the family and whatever you say concerning your wife as a matter over the unborn baby it is the final,that is if you paid her dowry.let them understand you that in your family you don't practically do that.
Re: Closed thread by mexxy1(m): 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2023
First, she is YOUR WIFE and it's YOUR CHILD she's carrying.

NOBODY has the right to decide for you where you want your child to be delivered.

The mother can come stay with her when it's close to the EDD unless she had her antenatal close to her family residence then, it's fine for her to be close to the hospital/clinic. But, if that's not the case, she's your wife and the child is yours and the responsibility is yours.

If they won't come visit because she didn't stay with them to deliver, then let them stay in their house. Unless they're the ones paying the hospital bill when she delivers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closed thread by Acidosis(m): 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2023
Wujio:

Many ladies have issues with first child birth that goes beyond the knowledge of the husband. Many is tied to spiritual that the husband woyldnt even know. This.is where the womans family brings the wealth if experience to support the process. Young men who dont know the process always run fast to give opinion against the womans family. But it is to the best interest if the man. Trust me i have been there. I know a smart young boy that is ten years deformed because what would cost just 2000 Naira the man and woman fidbt know nor do deformed the child.

You are talking nonsense.

7 Likes

Re: Closed thread by Wujio: 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2023
Acidosis:

You are talking nonsense.

Ive trained over eight kids from infancy. A few are married
Re: Closed thread by Acidosis(m): 3:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
You people will destroy the family structure las las. Why are they insisting? Is the mother/father a maternity nurse, a medical doctor, or gynaecologist?

Has your wife not started her antenatal clinic visits? Do you live in a village where doctors and clinics don't exist?

Two things are involved here, they probably don't trust you enough to give their daughter the best care or they're trying to carry out some spiritual stuff. This is why you should be careful.

3 Likes

Re: Closed thread by Acidosis(m): 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2023
SUPERPACK:
If it's a traditional right in her place pls let her go, this is common with women from some parts of Adamawa state, all firsts are born at home. Do ask for the reason and tell them to tell you the truth, also ask people from her family and village.

The thing is if you refuse and anything happens to their daughter during her first child birth they will put all the blames on your head. In fact it could lead to a big war.

Nonsense takes like this is why everyone should do their research before entering some families.

Take her home ko, take her to village ni. So if this man and his wife were living in the UK, would the tradition demand the same arrangement?

@OP, you better confront your fear else you and your innocent child will live in eternal bondage.

3 Likes

Re: Closed thread by fyzaila: 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2023
There's nothing wrong in what her parent are insisting. In the north here, it's very common. And besides, op is it not less of a burden for you? Atleast she would be well cared for and not much will reduce from your pocket.
Re: Closed thread by SUPERPACK: 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2023
Acidosis:

Nonsense takes like this is why everyone should do their research before entering some useless families.

Take her home ko, take her to village ni. So if this man and his wife were living in the UK, would the useless tradition demand the same arrangement?

@OP, you better confront your fear else you will live in eternal bondage.
When casala burst now you won't be there to save OP from his in-laws. Give him your number so he can call you if wahala start.
Re: Closed thread by Acidosis(m): 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2023
SUPERPACK:
When casala burst now you won't be there to save OP from his in-laws. Give him your number so he can call you if wahala start.

Now you're already showing "fear." The number one sign of a weak and defeated man. At this point, I'm sure you will donate your d.**k if an idol ask for it.

Emancipate yourself. Nigerians give birth across different continents without having to travel to some village to meet the demands of a drunken idol.

4 Likes

Re: Closed thread by Acidosis(m): 4:03pm On Oct 29, 2023
fyzaila:
There's nothing wrong in what her parent are insisting. In the north here, it's very common. And besides, op is it not less of a burden for you? At least she would be well cared for and not much will reduce from your pocket.

Does this explain why many northerners don't travel abroad? Of course, apart from elites like Aisha Buhari's daughters, Zainab, and others who give birth in the UK?

1 Like

Re: Closed thread by TheWinterBird(f): 4:03pm On Oct 29, 2023
Communicate with them and sort it out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji: Her Mistake / 3-year-old Boy Being Brought Up As A Girl By Parents:(photos) / Why Do People Give Birth To Children They Don’t Need?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.