Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,290 members, 7,811,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan (11540 Views)

Ekiti Workers Recieved Salary After10 Months / Hold Fayemi Responsible For Your Salary Arrears – Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers / Wike Planning To Pay Ekiti Workers 6 Months Salary Arrears – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by adenigga(m): 8:37pm On Oct 29, 2023
Ekiti State Governor, Biodun Oyebanji, has approved the disbursement of another tranche of N136.26m as car loan to 368 civil servants in the state.

The state Commissioner for Finance, Akin Oyebode, said that amounts ranging from N80,000 to N1.5m would be disbursed to the beneficiaries of the loan scheme depending on their grade levels.

Oyebode said that the governor also approved the injection of N200m to recapitalise the loan scheme.

The commissioner, in a statement in Ado Ekiti, the state capital, on Sunday, reiterated the commitment of the Oyebanji administration to workers’ welfare.

He said, “The governor, in addition, approved the payment of N174.39 million outstanding deductions from salaries to cooperative societies, Federal Mortgage Bank and others.”

Highlighting details of the disbursement of the car loan, Oyebode said, “22 benefiting officers on grade levels 02-06 would get N80,000 each while 180 beneficiaries on grade levels 07-10 would receive N250,000 each.”

He added that “150 workers on grade levels 12-14 would be given N500,000 each; 13 personnel on grade levels 15-17 would get N750,000 each and the three beneficiaries on consolidated salary would take home N1.5 million each”.

Oyebode, who said the governor’s approval for the loan disbursement was the fulfillment of his promise to improve the well-being of the state’s workers, said that N130.7 million was disbursed in December 2022 as a car loan.

He assured that the state government would continue to fund loan schemes for its employees in spite of the paucity of funds and the global economic downturn.

The commissioner urged beneficiaries to judiciously utilise the money and avoid spending the loan on things that would not add value to their lives,

He also charged the beneficiaries to reciprocate the government’s gesture by rededicating themselves to their duties and supporting the government’s efforts at developing the state.

Source: https://punchng.com/368-Ekiti-workers-get-N136m-car-loan

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by successmatters(m): 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2023
Misplaced priorities,

Ekiti state is so poor that other neighboring states deport them from their states, poverty in that place is bone deep. Most people from those villages eat inly once in 2 days, so what will they do with car loans, do they even have roads into many of their villages?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2023
I'm guessing they will fuel the cars with their piss? Because it makes no sense if the cars can't run on piss.

Think about it.

40 Likes

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by CodeTemplar: 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2023
Less than N160m. Bicycle loan?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by MasterJayJay: 8:59pm On Oct 29, 2023
They will power the car with water? No be to buy car, you fit buy 30 liters of petrol at 650 naira per litre?

20 Likes

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by LegendHero(m): 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2023
successmatters:
Misplaced priorities,

Ekiti state is so poor that other neighboring states deport them from their states, poverty in that place is bone deep. Most people from those villages eat inly once in 2 days, so what will they do with car loans, do they even have roads into many of their villages?

I don’t know why most Obidient are developing mental problem these days.

I blame Buhari for not completing that mad people hospital he was building in the SE before the end of his tenure.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by successmatters(m): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2023
MasterJayJay:
They will power the car with water? No be to buy car, you fit buy 30 liters of petrol at 650 naira per litre?

EtinosaDLaw:
I'm guessing they will fuel the cars with their piss? Because it makes no sense if the cars can't run in piss. Think about it.

I wonder o, a people so poor that they got noticed on Guinness book of records are taking loans, and instead of paying mama put on the roadside to be feeding them, they are thinking of buying cars.

5 Likes

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by successmatters(m): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2023
LegendHero:

I blame Buhari for not completing that mad people hospital he was building in the SE before the end of his tenure.

And he left the message and enters the bush, just don't eat grass my friend.

37 Likes

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by LegendHero(m): 9:03pm On Oct 29, 2023
successmatters:

And he left the message and enters the bush, just don't eat grass my friend.

How is your hawking going. I heard almost 90% of Ebonyi state indigenes are street hawkers of fanyogo and gala.

How market today my guy?

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by successmatters(m): 9:04pm On Oct 29, 2023
LegendHero:

He played you wayo as usual, embezzled the money while you hang on there cheesy

24 Likes

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by LegendHero(m): 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2023
successmatters:

He played you wayo as usual, embezzled the money while you hang on there cheesy

What if it’s a strategy to make sure there are many mad people roaming the street of the SE?

Abi if Buhari had completed it, how will Peter Obi get that mad man that advised him?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by successmatters(m): 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2023
LegendHero:

How is your hawking going. I heard almost 90% of Ebonyi state indigenes are street hawkers of fanyogo and gala.

How market today my guy?

My hawking is going very well, I heard Ekiti government house is for sale due to poverty, I have a buyer. Am a government house hawker grin

24 Likes

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by LegendHero(m): 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2023
successmatters:

My hawking is going very well, I heard Ekiti government house is foe sale due to poverty, I have a buyer.

Ekiti is doing good. Don’t worry about Ekiti coz I haven’t heard anywhere where Ekiti indigenes are escaping from their state because of poverty like Ebonyi people.

We have this ranch in Ekiti that need workers, can you help us bring cheap labor from Ebonyi? At least they can feed on cow remains so hunger won’t kill them like those Kwashikor people in Biafla war.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by successmatters(m): 9:10pm On Oct 29, 2023
LegendHero:

Ekiti is doing good. Don’t worry about Ekiti coz I haven’t heard anywhere where Ekiti indigenes are escaping from their state because of poverty like Ebonyi people.

We have this ranch in Ekiti that need workers, can you help us bring cheap labor from Ebonyi? At least they can feed on cow remains so hunger won’t kill them like those Kwashikor kids in Biafla war.

Most of my friends doing agbero work in Lagos are Ekiti guys. As for your farm in Ekiti, do you mean the hunger in Ekiti has rendered them too sick to work? Is that why you need workers from other states? Sorry o

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by Ozommadu: 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2023
LegendHero:

Chai

Na pesin born this thing oo undecided

Ndo

18 Likes

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by LegendHero(m): 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2023
successmatters:

Most of my friends doing agbero work in Lagos are Ekiti guys. As foe your farm in Ekiti, do you mean the hunger in Ekiti has rendered them too sick to work? Is that why you need workers from other states?

Lol see this Ebonyi hungry kid.

It got so bad for Ebonyi to the extent that their fellow Igbo state are deporting them back from their respective states because of chronic poverty.

Imagine only Ebonyi constitute 60% of hawking jobs, wetin go come remain for the rest of Nigeria states.

Come to Ekiti and enjoy life. Serene environment, mountainous terrains, plenty affordable food, and a secured environment. They don’t sit at home one Mondays nor do they eat their fellow Yorubas like IPOB cannibalistic terrorists.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by stulp12: 11:05pm On Oct 29, 2023
Congratulations

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by mariovito(m): 11:05pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lol.

Funny country.

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others.

The amount wen 368 people wan share nor even reach wetin 1 person for the Hallowed green and red chambers go use buy Prado.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by NwaNimo1(m): 11:05pm On Oct 29, 2023
What of fuel loan?

4 Likes

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by 99thEnemy(m): 11:06pm On Oct 29, 2023
grin
Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by adesegun121(m): 11:06pm On Oct 29, 2023
Ok
Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by RapportNaija(m): 11:07pm On Oct 29, 2023
To put that into perspective...

Just ONE senator, one oh - will get 1 car worth 160 million naira !

Yeye!

4 Likes

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by waynetee(m): 11:07pm On Oct 29, 2023
successmatters:
Misplaced priorities,

They are not yibbos that get chased out whereever they go

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by YourKarma: 11:09pm On Oct 29, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol see this Ebonyi hungry kid.

It got so bad for Ebonyi to the extent that their fellow Igbo state are deporting them back from their respective states because of chronic poverty.

Imagine only Ebonyi constitute 60% of hawking jobs, wetin go come remain for the rest of Nigeria states.

Come to Ekiti and enjoy life. Serene environment, mountainous terrains, plenty affordable food, and a secured environment. They don’t sit at home one Mondays nor do they eat their fellow Yorubas like IPOB cannibalistic terrorists.

there has been more suicide in the south west than even in the north. By the time Tinubu completes his 4 years, una go kpai unaselves finish.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by Day169: 11:10pm On Oct 29, 2023
Can you imagine it that 168 long suffering and hard working civil servants will share as car loans an amount less than the cost of what their representative will get for one car?
The same kind of person whom they stood in line for hours to no end, to vote for, with some even beaten and maimed is now about to give them some crumbs to feed on, while his colleague in the Hollowed Chambers is about to make away with the main largesse.
Our politicians are the greatest evil to befall this nation! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 29, 2023
136m ÷ 368 = 369k each for which car please? shocked

So 368 civil servants in total got ₦136m, an average of 369k each as car loan? Whereas our senators got 160m per head for a car! 🤣

They still have to pay back but our senators don't have to pay back. What a life. 🥴

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by Elxandre(m): 11:14pm On Oct 29, 2023
How much per person. Lol
Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by wittywriter: 11:15pm On Oct 29, 2023
successmatters:
Misplaced priorities,

EtinosaDLaw:
I'm guessing they will fuel the cars with their piss? Because it makes no sense if the cars can't run on piss. Think about it.

Wittyness.
Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by nighthawk1: 11:16pm On Oct 29, 2023
368 workers in Ekiti State= 1 HOR REP Member

Nigerians are working for less than 2000 persons

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 368 Ekiti Workers Get ₦‎136 Million Car Loan by Alipooos: 11:18pm On Oct 29, 2023
Verified PayPal And Payoneer Account For 7K Only.

LEGIT PAYPAL FUNDS FOR 795Naira PER $... Escrow can come in or one on one deal

ALSO GET A VERIFIED USA BANK ACCOUNT THAT ALLOW YOU TO WITHDRAW FUNDS TO NIGERIAN BANK ACCOUNT.

Check my Profile or my signature for my WhatsApp number[/b][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo: We Need To Produce Largest Oil Volumes Possible At Cheaper Costs / Fashola Commissions Cardiac And Renal Centre. Pics / Lagos State Water Corporation Apologies Over Water Supply Disruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.