Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement (585 Views)

Genocide: Nefertiti Expels Akin Olaoye From Peter Obi’s Camp / Obidients Are Attacking Akin Olaoye For Supporting Qudus. / Dino Melaye: Peter Obi’s “Obidient” Movement Mere Euphoria, Can’t Win Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by opamoses1: 12:42am On Oct 30, 2023

I began campaigning for @PeterObi before many so called Obidient warriors & generals had a clue of the 2023 Presidential election calendar. I joined a tiny whatsapp group of inspiring Nigerians that contributed the N40 million plus handed to PO to obtain the PDP primary ticket. This group consisted of men and women from every ethnic group who believed in his vision. I can proudly say I invested my personal resources, time and energy is supporting PO up through the last ballot was cast Election Day and I will do it 100x over.

Some overnight supporters who caught the fever while getting excited because a man from their region had the chance of clinching the presidency have decided that they carry a stronger "Obidient DNA" and have weaponized this narrative that being from a different ethnic group means you are a "traitor in waiting". These group of people who make such commentary are a dishonest bunch of Nigerians who need to go through some soul searching and need to reorientate themselves on what it means to be PAN Nigerian.

I do not begrudge individuals who wear the ethnic preference on their sleeves, but as a Yoruba kid from Osun State and a Prince of Ife North who grew up in the South South in a detribalized household were ethnic bigotry was a taboo, I will say many parents across Nigeria have failed this country. If you are from the same region as a political candidate, you should understand that winning elections requires the ability to build bridges across all geopolitical zones while understanding the complexities with the political landscape and how the wounds of past events need to be discarded to have the best amongst us to emerge.

As a movement, I will not sit by and allow the toxic group in our midst define the true reasons why his candidacy for many of us was the most ideal. PO did amazingly well in the Southwest and middle belt when you analyze the demography of voters, please stop painting a broad brush on people who voted differently from you as tribal bigots as the accusation can be reversed. We need to carry PO's message into communities where the results were poor and do the difficult work of winning more hearts and minds.

Opposition politics is not insulting or spewing toxic energy but keeping the government in power in check as active citizens. This will include engaging lawmakers and shaping public opinion where we believe a different approach should be taken with policy direction. If you want to die on the hill of toxic engagements and hoping it will turn the tide, then I will say that you are only making that pathway extremely difficult in the future.

I have learnt a lot about Nigerian politics in the last 12 months and I will continue to contribute positively in selling LP as a vehicle that remains the best political platform to produce inspiring candidates across several offices. While we build for the future, look at your local communities and ask yourself, is every Nigerian regardless of religion or ethnic origin able to do what you desire in a host community different from yours? When we make this a personal objective then we can begin ridding this country of the setbacks that tribal allegiance or ethnic preference has contributed to our under-development.

I will say this with the microphone on max volume to everyone on all sides "quit addressing politics through the lens of ethnicity and religion". It is tiring!
We will agree and disagree on issues once in a while but at the end of the day we are all fighting for a better nation.

I will be taking a long needed break from twitter!

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by StOla: 1:11am On Oct 30, 2023
Well stated.

2 Likes

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by StOla: 1:18am On Oct 30, 2023
Some overnight supporters who caught the fever while getting excited because a man from their region had the chance of clinching the presidency have decided that they carry a stronger "Obidient DNA" and have weaponized this narrative that being from a different ethnic group means you are a "traitor in waiting".

He is talking about the likes of this lady who suddenly got excited about the very man she knew was a terrible Governor.

Infact, she publicly held that opinion about him up to 2020, despite that he left office at the start of 2014.

But by the time the same fellow became Presidential candidate, she had to love him being her tribesman.

5 Likes

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by Britishpea: 1:28am On Oct 30, 2023
Waste of time and energy. Those slow thinkers will never listen to you. Who advised you to write this? They will abuse you same way they abused Soyinka.

People who don’t know when Obj ruled as a civilian president. Who never witnessed Abachas junta asking for military to take over. How do you want to lecture those people. Wherever those gibberish is coming out of their heads you can’t imagine the millions of chaff in such brain.

10 Likes

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by ednut1(m): 2:13am On Oct 30, 2023
This guy has corn in his pocket . When he tweeted that people should patronize the drinks business of that bigot who insulted igbos. I knew he didn’t have sense 🤣
Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by Philipponzaghi: 3:33am On Oct 30, 2023
He’s part of the “I am Yoruba but” crew.

Anything they do to him is none of my concern.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by raskymonojendor: 3:51am On Oct 30, 2023
opamoses1:
Akin go explain tire. Make Obidients should continue dragging him like tiger generator. E nor concern us cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by stuffs2002: 4:08am On Oct 30, 2023
Akin Olaoye is just being dishonest with himself,

Akin Olaoye knows Peter Obi himself doest believe anyone not Igbo carried the true "Obidient DNA". Obi himself sees all non Igbo OBIDIENTS as "traitors in waiting".

Peter Obi went to Sokoto and picked an Igbo man as his campaign manager in Sokoto. That is the lowest any politician have aver sank in Nigeria. Obi failed to find a single Sokoto man to lead his campaign in Sokoto that he had to pick a pure breed Igbo to lead Sokoto people in their own land. Same thing Obi was doing in most states of the country. This was what brought Chinedu Patrick Rhodes-Vivour in Lagos as the LP governorship candidate. You can't get any position if you are not Igbo or at least half Igbo in the north. But coming to the south east. Obi never picked any Yoruba nor Hausa to lead Igbos in the south east. Why should that be so. Peter Obi remains the most BIGOTED politician to have ever entered the Nigerian political landscape

Had Obi won the presidential election, People like Akin Olaoye would definitely have been pushed to the side with all kinds of trumped up stories of being saboteurs and slandered just to tarnish their names. Obi would have filled his government with Igbo people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by Goodvibes007: 4:19am On Oct 30, 2023
stuffs2002:
Akin Olaoye is just being dishonest with himself,

Peter Obi himself doest believe anyone not Igbo carried the true "Obidient DNA" see all non Igbo OBIDIENTS "traitors in waiting".
I remember Peter Obi's call to Oyedepo where he used the term "your people" to refer to people from Oyedepo's region.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by stuffs2002: 4:27am On Oct 30, 2023
Goodvibes007:

I remember Peter Obi's call to Oyedepo where he used the term "your people" to refer to people from Oyedepo's region.

Very true. Obi doesn't see non Igbo OBIDIENTS as true OBIDIENTS

3 Likes

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by orion7: 4:29am On Oct 30, 2023
They can’t bear being insulted by the opposition. But the Akins and agbados insulted the hell out of Jonathan. Called him all sorts. Called anybody supporting Jonathan names. Una Mumu never do

2 Likes

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by BigIyanga: 4:32am On Oct 30, 2023
How a candidate who won 12states of 36 is called tribal.
PO had voted for MKO, OBJ, Yar’dua and GEJ, ATIKU and himself.. For the past 30yrs, PO had voted for Igbo man 1…yet a section of the country calls him tribalistic

BAT had voted for: MKO, Olu Falae, Nuhu Rihadbu&Adesola, GMB/Osibanjo and himself. For the last 30yrs-BAT had only voted for parties that selected a Yoruba man as President or VP.. who is tribalistic ?

1 Like

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by mrvitalis(m): 4:37am On Oct 30, 2023
So we now judge presidential candidate by their supporters actions?

No wam

1 Like

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by theophorus(m): 4:38am On Oct 30, 2023
Ogbeni Akin,
You still haven't learn your lesson?
Join their crew again ooo but just remember that they will always call you whatever they like whenever it fits.
Just Continue to lead/follow them ooo body go tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by BigIyanga: 4:57am On Oct 30, 2023
mrvitalis:
So we now judge presidential candidate by their supporters actions?

No wam
Same APC supporters went around with GEJ coffing.. mocking in markets and public places.

The fact that some intellectuals like Soyinka and co are peddling this false narrative is cringeworthy.

Their candidate, BAT, actually said ‘ it is my/our turn’ to be president

2 Likes

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by seunmsg(m): 5:03am On Oct 30, 2023
Akin should just shut up and enjoy whatever his Obidient friends are stuffing down his throat. All these shalaye is not necessary.

11 Likes

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by Gerrard59(m): 5:03am On Oct 30, 2023
BigIyanga:

Same APC supporters went around with GEJ coffing.. mocking in markets and public places.

The fact that some intellectuals like Soyinka and co are peddling this false narrative is cringeworthy.

Their candidate, BAT, actually said ‘ it is my/our turn’ to be president

Well, the problem lies with those who take Nigerian politics seriously. Nigerians are too optimistic and hopeful people. Some might say he is saying this because he is more fortunate than others, but I would have also been the same even if I was not fortunate enough. Nigerians should understand Nigeria for what it is rather than what they think it should be.

In the next twenty years, people will still complain of the same issues. So, why bother/stress yourself with what you cannot change?

2 Likes

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by Appletek: 6:10am On Oct 30, 2023
Akin Olaoye is not Yoruba. We have disowned the bastard and dash him to them to eat him raw how they eat themselves over there.

Any Yoruba person who supports Peter Obi is a big fool and deserves whatever he or she gets.

Peter Obi called Oyedepo and was telling Oyedepo to talk to 'your people'. He doesn't see Yorubas who support him as his people.

Go and ask Banjo what he got for supporting Biafra. He led the only advance of the Biafran war when no Igbo man was bold enough to. Even Ojukwu ran away from leading the advance.

Soyinka went to prison for Biafra. Biafran Obidients have been insulting him since last year till today.

Obidients should do Akin Olaoye anyhow they deem fit. Na dog eat dog.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by Appletek: 6:19am On Oct 30, 2023
BigIyanga:
PO had voted for MKO, OBJ, Yar’dua and GEJ, ATIKU and himself.. For the past 30yrs, PO had votes for Igbo man 1…yet a section of the country calls him tribalistic

BAT had voted for: MKO, Olu Falae, Nuhu Rihadbu&Adesola, GMB/Osibanjo and himself. For the last 30yrs-BAT had only voted for parties that selected a Yoruba man as President or VP.. who is tribalistic ?

Peter Obi is a tribal disease. He put an Ebonyi man as the state LP campaign coordinator in Sokoto, the seat of the caliphate. That alone is a direct insult to the Muslims in LP. Ask the bastard if an Ebonyi man can head LP campaign in Anambra.

Have you forgotten how he used Igbos in other Northern states? How he used Igbos in Lagos?

I can see why Peter Obi's loss pained Biafrans even more than the loss of the civil war. Your tribal plans failed woefully.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by Ballmer: 6:24am On Oct 30, 2023
So easy to spot a fool among the multitude, especially a foolish Igbo.

BigIyanga:
PO had voted for MKO, OBJ, Yar’dua and GEJ, ATIKU and himself.. For the past 30yrs, PO had votes for Igbo man 1…yet a section of the country calls him tribalistic

2 Likes

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by aQUINandmore: 6:26am On Oct 30, 2023
BigIyanga:

your points are childish and riddled with lies. 1. Do you mean buhari wasn't tribalistic because he won more than 14 states in 2019? 2. Do you mean jonathan fielded a yoruba man as VP in 2011 when tinubu supported him?

4 Likes

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by waynetee(m): 7:42am On Oct 30, 2023
He will be the number one yoruba fascist soon

2 Likes

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by adesegun121(m): 7:52am On Oct 30, 2023
Seen
Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by PDPdestroyer(m): 8:02am On Oct 30, 2023
LMAO. He who brings an ant-infested firewood home shouldn't complain when the lizards come visiting.
Akin or whatever is his name should eat the humble pie, you sold out your people to curry favour from those who will never trust you, no matter what you do to further their cause.
The past they say, is the key to the future, I learnt a lot from happenings of the past regarding this country and it has helped me in no small measure

2 Likes

Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by seguno2: 10:22am On Oct 30, 2023
Gerrard59:

Well, the problem lies with those who take Nigerian politics seriously. Nigerians are too optimistic and hopeful people. Some might say he is saying this because he is more fortunate than others, but I would have also been the same even if I was not fortunate enough. Nigerians should understand Nigeria for what it is rather than what they think it should be.

In the next twenty years, people will still complain of the same issues. So, why bother/stress yourself with what you cannot change?

How did Europeans change their countries from lawless places of absolute monarchy, to the attractive democratic societies that draws us to japa
Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by BigIyanga: 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2023
Appletek:

Peter Obi is a tribal disease. He put an Ebonyi man as the state LP campaign coordinator in Sokoto, the seat of the caliphate. That alone is a direct insult to the Muslims in LP. Ask the bastard if an Ebonyi man can head LP campaign in Anambra.

Have you forgotten how he used Igbos in other Northern states? How he used Igbos in Lagos?

I can see why Peter Obi's loss pained Biafrans even more than the loss of the civil war. Your tribal plans failed woefully.

Says someone who has never voted for a party that didnt select his kinsmen as a presidential/vp candidate.

Now you have won the election and affirmed by supreme court, how is PO stopping BAT from working and fixing the mess he created?

Folks like you blamed wailers like 8yrs for criticizing GMB instead of challenging your leader to deliver for you.
Re: Akin Olaoye's Epistle On The Obidient Movement by accordadoga29(f): 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hehehe

(1) (Reply)

M / Tinubu Faces Another Legal Battle In Supreme Court Over 2023 Elections / This Is How You Know Nigeria Is A Mad Nation Filled With Animals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.