Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) (19342 Views)

Tyson Fury: I Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out Within Two Rounds / Tyson Fury: I Can Beat Wilder And Anthony Joshua On The Same Night / Mayweather Spends Over $3million On A New Bugatti Convertible Ahead Of His Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by EBMedia: 8:37am On Oct 30, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PqaMxRDqd8

Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Boxing Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Jostoman: 8:41am On Oct 30, 2023
The final results of this fight can be compare to final result of nigeria presidential election. Mr francis won but they dont want the belt to ........ For just the way peter obi won nigeria election but those powerful people most especially from the north dont want the power to go to Southeast and this are some of the injustice that Nnamdi kanu and Simon Ekpa are fighting against.

Lets speak the truth to ourselves in this country called nigeria.

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by brain54(m): 9:30am On Oct 30, 2023
I like this guy already…

I like his soft spoken nature.

I also like that he didn’t take the loss personally…even though he felt he won. Which I also agree with everything he said.

Not everything is gra gra… it’s a good debut for him.

He made a bold statement with that fight.

Watch out for this guy!

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Maize247(f): 9:40am On Oct 30, 2023
Honestly, he won over 70% of the rounds.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Okortor: 9:40am On Oct 30, 2023
Francis fought well and I never saw such awesome fight coming. He won my heart already, fight that AJ has been avoiding. Francis was able to clear Fury's doubt!

Francis is my undisputed heavyweight chairman at the moment

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by deebrain(m): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2023
Very controversial result.

13 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by EnglandAmaka(f): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2023
Biggest robbery ever in boxing.

Tyson Fury should feel embarrassed! Francis clearly won the match! Francis just showed that the Gypsy King doesn’t deserve his title and put all of boxing’s HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION on notice. What an anticlimactic cheat of an event!

Let me stick with football, the only game with less match fixing. grin grin

Totally fixed, but everyone knew the only way Ngannou was going to win was to knock Fury out cold but when judges are paid its gonna happen.

Yes another sad day for boxing. Fury be embarrassed you've been found out!!!!!!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Numerouno94(m): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2023
Ngannou is the guy to watch out for if he finally decides to leave ufc and pursue a carrier in heavyweight boxing.

Despite being 37, he fought like one in his twenties. Despite being a novice in boxing he almost killed the Gypsy king. For the very first time I saw fear in the eyes of the Gypsy king during the bout.
Wit wat I saw, non of the current top dogs in the heavyweight division can stop this guy. AJ,Wilder, Usyk, Fury, etcetera.

Modified: those qouting me that Francis Ngannou is not a novice in boxing, pls stop arguing blindly. Ngannou was a novice prior to that bout wit Fury. He even said so after the match, "he said he was nervous at the start because this was his first time in a boxing arena".

Abeg make them give Ngannou that talkative guy that calls himself the bronze bomber. I wan check something.grin

34 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by MindOnMatters00(m): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2023
Finally INEC don reach Saudi Arabia go judge boxing match...

Wahala.!!

33 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by marlow1962(m): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2023
Yes he won, I streamed the match live, my guy KO fury. Racism can and will never stop. I believe so many block holding UK men bet was on fury, but they were disappointed, instead of having an uprising, they decided to give it to the illegitimate winner, even Ronaldo was surprised at the fraud they did that day.

23 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by adamusuleiman2: 9:41am On Oct 30, 2023
We know you won bro. You got him on the floor of the ring twice. It was either you knocked him out, or the judges would cheat. Unfortunately for you, the latter happened.

15 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by othermen: 9:42am On Oct 30, 2023
Boxing is a game of points. You can knock down your opponent 5 times and still be behind in terms of points earned and you can make the most points and still lose by a knock-out. Boxing is not only about punching, it’s equally about avoiding being hit.

We tend to think the aggressive boxer is the winner, but if he drops guard and he’s taking some hit, while aggressively pointlessly dominating, he will come short of victory.

In this match, Fury won, but the margin by which he won has cost heavyweight boxing great credibility. You cannot be the champion of the world in your sport and struggle that hard against a newbie in your own ring. Fury didn’t give much to the fight in terms of preparation, and it cost him and his reputation and his sport greatly.

Fury could disagree with suggestions that he underestimated Ngannou, but when he adds that he didn’t have the data to estimate Ngannou’s ability , that makes it more difficult for him to have any estimation of his opponent and with such estimation, prepare accordingly.

Should also be astonishing how people who haven't even watched the match, or seen extended highlights, are quick to cry racism. They are not arguing that since the match is between a boxing champion and a former UFC champion, the boxing federation might have a vested interest in influencing the outcome to maintain the credibility of boxing as the premier combat sport. But no, it’s easier to opt for the simplistic, knee-jerk reaction of racism to explain the event.

I disagree with those who say “Fury won, period.” You would be naive to think that global broadcast guarantees absolute credibility of the result. Rather, the fight was a close call and the thoroughness of the initial assessment may not be as comprehensive as the later review. It was a split decision, but other experienced judges and technologies like Compubox, after additional scrutiny, have affirmed that Fury was the rightful winner. this wouldn’t matter to you, when you could lazily draw the racism card.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Risingblue008(m): 9:42am On Oct 30, 2023
White with racism ehhh

I just hate Dem with passion

U see,
White men blood don't count to me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:42am On Oct 30, 2023
Many don't agree on the split decision that he lost.
It should have been a draw. But probably the Judges knew the embarrassment it will cost for an heavyweight champion to lose his belt to a UFC

6 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by victorazyvictor(m): 9:42am On Oct 30, 2023
Knockdown is not a knockout. Fury landed more successful punches and he also had more advantages as defending champ.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by samuelson06(m): 9:43am On Oct 30, 2023
brain54:
I like this guy already…

I like his soft spoken nature.

I also like that he didn’t take the loss personally…even though he felt he won. Which I also agree with everything he said.

Not everything is gra gra… it’s a good debut for him.

He made a bold statement with that fight.

Watch out for this guy!

True. That guy's gonna be a replacement for Mike Tyson—his trainer. His punches are deadly. I believe there'll be a rematch and he'll grab that belt. Nigga was cheated.

12 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:43am On Oct 30, 2023
Samething they wanted to do to that our female athlete but she proved them wrong by winning with even lesser seconds.

3 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by adamusuleiman2: 9:43am On Oct 30, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
Many don't agree on the decision that he lost.
He turned fury's head into a punching bag. He demystified fury.

Fury was dazed when he found his back and bum on the floor during the match. I see fury now getting lots of challengers grin

12 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by MindOnMatters00(m): 9:43am On Oct 30, 2023
AfroBeatDiary:
Go to court Mr. Francis

Fury na big name for the boxing so who knows if the court people nor be APC?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by inoki247: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2023
Lol he go be....
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by themanderon: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2023
Ngannou. Man walked in like a king and stepped out like one. It's no mean feat standing toe to toe with the gypsy king and coming out unscathed. He did good.

13 Likes

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by adesegun121(m): 9:44am On Oct 30, 2023
Ok
Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by emkz: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2023
Jostoman:
The final results of this fight can be compare to final result of nigeria presidential election. Mr francis won but they dont want the belt to ........ For just the way peter obi won nigeria election but those powerful people most especially from the north dont want the power to go to Southeast and this are some of the injustice that Nnamdi kanu and Simon Ekpa are fighting against.

Lets speak the truth and Let the truth to ourselves in this country called nigeria.

This is a senseless comparison to make.

Peter Obi could not prove how he won the election. He did not provide alternative figures to prove how he won. He was relying on non-transmission of results on IREV to claim he won. He was relying on disqualification of Tinubu to prove he won. Peter Obi fraudulently wanted to claim the prize after being beaten silly.

If he had facts, he could have presented them.

Only an intellectually handicapped cretin would still claim Peter Obi won the election whe there are no facts to prove it. Such should seek psychiatric help before he starts believing his gender is not his own.

However, I am feeling generous today. If you can prove how Peter Obi won the election, I shall give you 100,000 Naira!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by emmabest2000(m): 9:45am On Oct 30, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 9:46am On Oct 30, 2023
Francis, it doesn't matter... The Judges were never gonna allow you to embarrass Fury in a unanimous decision.

Your best bet or chance of winning was outrightly knocking the lights out of the Gypsy, which you came close to doing... A bit more power in those punches, and those corrupt judges would have had no choice but declare you winner by TKO.

One good thing is that you have gained massive experience in this outing... In addition, Tyson Fury has been demystified. Any decent boxer with experience and great tactics will end him under 6 rounds. cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by chris4gold(m): 9:46am On Oct 30, 2023
We know na

1 Like

Re: Francis Ngannou Reflects On His Fight With Tyson Fury: "I Won But... (Video) by YorubaPrince: 9:46am On Oct 30, 2023
tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Is Barcelona Femeni's Highest Goal Scorer In 2020 / FIFA Bans Blatter, Platini / Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.