Stats: 3,156,060 members, 7,828,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 (32298 Views)

List Of Ballon D’or Winners From 1956 To 2018 / Ballon D’or: Full List Of All Winners Till Date / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:24am On Oct 31, 2023
When Ronaldo left Madrid, ballon d'or left him. embarassed
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Simdyofficial(f): 5:08am On Oct 31, 2023
Procashtips:

The world doesn't start and stop in England.

That you can score in a farmer's league doesn't make you the best in the world.
premiership a farmer's league? Or champions League ?
If it was haaland that won the world cup then Messi got the European treble. I put it in o you that they will give it to Messi..
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by todugo(m): 7:07am On Oct 31, 2023
Kingosytex:

How is it robbed? Is it no longer decided by votes?
Did Messi alter the results?

Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Kojochyke(m): 7:45am On Oct 31, 2023
Burob:
See you exhibiting your ignorance with pride, Ballon d’or is for achievements in Europe O.

What did PSG do in Europe last season, how many goals messi score for champions league?

Halaand of Man City should win it, League Title, breaking the scoring record in the Premiership, & winning the Champions league.

Manchester City's Erling Haaland topped the UCL top-scorers list last season. He netted 12 goals in 11 appearances to win the UCL 2022-23 Golden Boot.
See the way you dey disgrace your self with full voltage...

Simply read n research d balon d'or..
If possible, use chatgpt
Ask it questions and it will enlighten you.

Balon d'or used to be for only players who are Europeans, but it wasn't for only their achievement alone in Europe.
Very many years ago, if u are not from Europe, you wont be nominated.
But that has changed..
Brazilians, Africans etc have been nominated...

Talking of European achievement...
2006, Ronaldinho won Champions League, but an Italian who won the world cup n some other things won d Balon d'or..

mind you, Ronaldinho won it before that year.

Educate yourself before you speak on any issue.
The reason why nominees mostly come from Europe is becos it is assumed that their league is more consistent.

But in Messi's case, he played a complete season in Europe, won trophies with PSG last season, then won with Argentina.

After the season in consideration, he went to usa, completed the season with them and was a star as they won a first trophy..

School nor be scam o.

Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Kojochyke(m): 7:58am On Oct 31, 2023
yinkeys:

Lewandoski was robbed in 2021
T. Henry was robbed in 2003
Halaand unlucky 2023
2021 nor be 2020..
In 2020 Lewa won everything in club
unfortunately they cancelled balon d'or due to covid
but he won every other award that was hosted..

in 2021
he won only in Germany
Messi won in club and country...

Mind u, this was 2021 not 2020

In 2021, both of them went for continental competitions

Lewandoski could not bring Poland from the group stage in the Euros,
Messi took Argentina to glory, with highest goal, n highest assist... Winning the best player too..

So u mean they should have robbed Messi out of pity for Lewandoski?
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Bosch10(m): 8:19am On Oct 31, 2023
Jeezuzpick:
They should keep giving Messi even after retirement.
I like the color of your tears
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:23am On Oct 31, 2023
Bosch10:
I like the color of your tears

Forget it, I'm not a fan of either Ronaldo or Messi.

The real G.O.A.T remains Pelé. Nobody can win 3 world cups.

I lost respect for Ballon D'Or after Ronaldinho got it twice. Before then, you only got it once.

How will someone get it five times and another eight times? Especially when there are players eleven years younger, playing top-flight soccer?

It's just votes, and, as a Nigerian, I can tell you votes mean nothing. See where votes have gotten us.
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Ade1177: 8:45am On Oct 31, 2023
Kojochyke:
Talk tru

Before u talk, listen...
Inform urself, so u talk well.

Messi won more than 3 trophies last season..
He won with 3 different teams, from 3 different continents.
Argentina, PSG, Inter Miami.
He won in Qatar, in Asia
PSG in France, Europe
Inter Miami in USA, North America...
The only player in history to do that.
Mark you, World Cup is the biggest football fiesta.

Messi didn't just win, he was outstanding...
His goals and assist contribution soeaks volumes too.

There is a big difference between a goal scorer, and the best player.

Kapish?

He won Nada in inter miami
Stop the cap
He won nothing tangible in psg

He won everything at BARCELONA

the ballon dor he is given yesterday is for his PERFORMANCE IN THE WORLD CUP AND WINNING IT

Not for Psg or Inter miami

If not for the world cup
Haaland deserves this FOR THE FULL YEAR not a month tournament
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Ade1177: 8:56am On Oct 31, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
When Ronaldo left Madrid, ballon d'or left him. embarassed

Now having 5 balon dor looks like nothing to some people

When mbappe, lewandoski and Haaland are struggling to steal one from Messi

Ronaldo was able to take 5 during Messi prime
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Bosch10(m): 9:00am On Oct 31, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

Forget it, I'm not a fan of either Ronaldo or Messi.

The real G.O.A.T remains Pelé. Nobody can win 3 world cups.

I lost respect for Ballon D'Or after Ronaldinho got it twice. Before then, you only got it once.

How will someone get it five times and another eight times? Especially when there are players eleven years younger, playing top-flight soccer?

It's just votes, and, as a Nigerian, I can tell you votes mean nothing. See where votes have gotten us.
I like your mature response,very sorry about what I posted earlier.

Critically,let's analyze,tell me a more complete player than Messi,then we can have this conversation.
When I say complete,I mean in terms of dribbling,scoring,assists,playmaking,chance creation,sublime passes,work rate,team dependency,free kicks,solo goals .
I hope you know that those that voted ,did critical thinking and analyzing before voting.

Pele used to be the best before,the only thing hindering Messi was the world cup,which he had won already
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Bosch10(m): 9:03am On Oct 31, 2023
Ade1177:

Now having 5 balon dor looks like nothing to some people

When mbappe, lewandoski and Haaland are struggling to steal one from Messi

Ronaldo was able to take 5 during Messi prime
that's why we normally give credit to Ronaldo.dont forget that was Ronaldo's prime also
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Kojochyke(m): 10:04am On Oct 31, 2023
Ade1177:

He won Nada in inter miami
Stop the cap
He won nothing tangible in psg

He won everything at BARCELONA

the ballon dor he is given yesterday is for his PERFORMANCE IN THE WORLD CUP AND WINNING IT

Not for Psg or Inter miami

If not for the world cup
Haaland deserves this FOR THE FULL YEAR not a month tournament

Eya... Sorry o

See as u dey cap rust...

In PSG
In 41 games
20 goals, 21 assists..
41 goal contribution.
He won 2 trophies, won plenty man of d match even in games he did not score..

In Inter Miami
14 games
He score 11 goals..
1 trophy
Highest goal scorer award

In Argentina
One World cup
2nd highest goal scorer
best player of the tournament...

And before u talk trash my boy...
The world cup is the ultimate for so many reasons...
Qualifiers et al
Everything abt world cup na blast.
Qualifying is not easy, ask Nigeria n Norway.

If u wana argue, use small brain..
Even in the full year...
How many games did Haaland play?
How many did Messi play?

Who was better?
Highest goal scorer is different from overall best..
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Procashtips(m): 11:43am On Oct 31, 2023
Simdyofficial:
premiership a farmer's league? Or champions League ?
If it was haaland that won the world cup then Messi got the European treble. I put it in o you that they will give it to Messi..

Yes EPL is now a farmer's league.
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Procashtips(m): 11:46am On Oct 31, 2023
Jokerman:

When Ferguson was dominating, why was it not called farmers league?

Yes because the ref and the FA made the dominance possible.
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by tonididdy(m): 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2023
yemmit90:
Useless award.

11 players would be running around the pitch for 90mins to ensure the success of a team, only for one or two players to take all the glory. To make the matter worse, only strikers and those that score goals are considered best in modern day football.

Until football governing body starts giving award to teams instead of individuals, there will never be justice in the game of football.

Na WA oh
But there is a team of the year category.

What more do you want .?
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Ade1177: 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2023
Kojochyke:
Eya... Sorry o

See as u dey cap rust...

In PSG
In 41 games
20 goals, 21 assists..
41 goal contribution.
He won 2 trophies, won plenty man of d match even in games he did not score..

In Inter Miami
14 games
He score 11 goals..
1 trophy
Highest goal scorer award

In Argentina
One World cup
2nd highest goal scorer
best player of the tournament...

And before u talk trash my boy...
The world cup is the ultimate for so many reasons...
Qualifiers et al
Everything abt world cup na blast.
Qualifying is not easy, ask Nigeria n Norway.

If u wana argue, use small brain..
Even in the full year...
How many games did Haaland play?
How many did Messi play?

Who was better?
Highest goal scorer is different from overall best..

Mbappe and Haaland had a better year

Pls

The name Messi has built over the years is the reason

All the stats you posted above is average

If haaland won the World Cup

And Messi didn't win world cup but won the treble and is the highest goal scorer

Messi would win it
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by yemmit90: 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
tonididdy:

Na WA oh
But there is a team of the year category.

What more do you want .?

The right awards should be

Best Goal keeper

Best Defender

Best Mid-feeder

Best Striker

And finally "Best team".

Football is not an individual sport but team, it is an injustice to be giving award to one player who cannot singlehandedly win a match for his team. It doesn't make any sense. To make the matter worse, only strikers and mid-feeders that can score goals are consider for the award these days.

Arsene Wnger, Murinho, Muller, oliva Khan, Ballack and host of many other football icons had severally raised this question but Fifa and World in general are full of corrupt and hypocrites humans.
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Kojochyke(m): 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2023
Ade1177:

Mbappe and Haaland had a better year

Pls

The name Messi has built over the years is the reason

All the stats you posted above is average

If haaland won the World Cup

And Messi didn't win world cup but won the treble and is the highest goal scorer

Messi would win it
Ask ur question properly
If Haaland won the world cup, became the best player in the world cup, then won a couple more trophies at club level, then gave a new team another trophy while being a key player......

Frame ur question like that, then I will answer you.
I will tell u wat u have been dying to hear.
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Simdyofficial(f): 10:34pm On Nov 01, 2023
Procashtips:

Yes EPL is now a farmer's league.
your next generation won't end divided by 10000000000 of what u abuse today
Re: Ballon D’or: Full List Of Men’s Award Winners From 1956 To 2023 by Procashtips(m): 10:00am On Nov 02, 2023
Simdyofficial:
your next generation won't end divided by 10000000000 of what u abuse today

Wetin be this

Ronaldo Scores Twice But Lyon Eliminate Juventus From The Champions League / I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid) / 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50