Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account (14872 Views)

Andrew Yakubu: Court Acquits ex-NNPC GMD In Whose House $9.8m Was Found / INEC: Mahmood Yakubu To Handover To Acting Chairman On November 9 / Andrew Yakubu: $9.7m, £74000 Found In My House By EFCC Were Given To Me As Gifts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by UnemployedGradu: 7:23am On Oct 31, 2023
Apus:
Who will deliver this country from these hyenas?

How can one man stash $9.8m in his house yet we complain about Naira loosing it's value

please was the money seized in cash in his residence?
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by stasius: 7:23am On Oct 31, 2023
They should seize the money and sell to people who genuinely need dollars.

How can you stash 9.8million dollars?
And we keep shouting dollar is expensive.
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by sukkot: 7:25am On Oct 31, 2023
Rilwayne001:
These people are so wicked.
demon possessed
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Lovenorth: 7:25am On Oct 31, 2023
SmartyPants:

Are you thinking at all?
Is the judge not hungry?
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by ruggedtimi(m): 7:31am On Oct 31, 2023
Jesu....see money. CORRUPTION GO KILL NIGERIA
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by BabanawanGod: 7:33am On Oct 31, 2023
if all this money can be recovered from this people the country will be close to redemption NNPC , that money is ours Nigerian money God have your way
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by SoNature(m): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2023
Ballo1292:

Quick to respond to issues without details review of the matter. Kindly read to understand the order of the court.

Don't be a sycophant. It is for save keeping to be accessible by whom the judgment finally favour.

He's right. A court ruled in his favour initially, that's why he wanted his money back. However, the present court doesn't want to release the money to him.
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by ruggedtimi(m): 7:35am On Oct 31, 2023
stasius:
They should seize the money and sell to people who genuinely need dollars.

How can you stash 9.8million dollars?
And we keep shouting dollar is expensive.
u didnt see bulletproof save.
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Crosby24: 7:37am On Oct 31, 2023
Minority really need God to help them excell in this country, with all the adakadabra in the past buhari government all the Fulani are saints. There's this proverb that says, Any cow that doesn't have tail is only God that clean her flies
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Seequadry(m): 7:43am On Oct 31, 2023
$9.8m stacked in cash at home and yet he won a money laundering case against him......

The don finish this country tey teh
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:48am On Oct 31, 2023
sad sad Nigeria really is overripe for a military coup , because the democratic frameworks set up in this country have been so much messed up by greedy and selfish politicians in office.Corruption, nepotism and their kin have risen to unprecedented levels.
Nigeria needs a coup more than ever to reset every aspect of socioeconomic and government institutions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by azpekuliar: 7:53am On Oct 31, 2023
Ceheai:
Please dear people of Nairaland forgive me,
Have mercy on me, if I can help myself I won't be here begging for your help, please come to my aid, I've been seeking assistance on nairaland.
I'm  celestine am 32 year of age frm Enugu State Awgu L G A.I have a spine injury @ neck that has have keeps me indoor mostly for d past 15 years.It also affected my hand making me not able to use my finger normally i.e I can't pick up thing from floor.
my problem now is that life has been very difficult for us I and my aged mom.to provide feeding and some medicine is hard,
I don't have anything doing for now.living with pains and bed sore on both Buttocks and continual urine Infection,Not able to Go for
routine hospital visit due lack of funds.
Please I am pleading to well meaning Nigerians come to our aid, my mom has been sick for long due to complications of poorly manage dia-betes and BP.
I'm asking for your financial help to enable go for medical, the last doctor i see said I need to do MRI scan test, which I don't have the funds for now,pls no matter how
Small it will enable us get some medicine,food and other basic items for my daily SCI cares.
I depend on some daily medical supplies for survival pls I need your help.
Acct :

Celestine
First Bank
Location: Nkpor anambra state.am available for video call/physical verification my phone number and address is not hidden. Watch the video below to confirm .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLoJF8Q_6zE

please come to my aid I don't have any other choice, I'm not a scammer if to say life was a little bit easy for me I won't be doing this always I can prove my condition beyond any reasonable doubt. one of the document below is my hospital file not a receipt. thanks and remain blessed

You get spine injury and you dey show us HIV result.. dey play
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 31, 2023
SoNature:

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/judge-orders-transfer-of-9-8m-seized-from-ex-nnpc-gmd-to-court-registrars-account/amp
Not a business man, had $9.8m in a safe at home and a judge discharged and acquitted him.

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by ZaddyJ: 7:58am On Oct 31, 2023
SoNature:
Imagine how much ONE man has in his house in cash and the country is crying of FX. Crime runs in the DNA of a typical Nigerian. Even the judge and the prosecutors aren't any different. Perhaps the difference is that they haven't been caught yet.

In fact, news like this reaffirms my strong conviction that nobody is honest until they have been tested with money and power. When people tell me that northerners are honest people, that's the answer I often give them.

I can tell you authoritatively that they still remain the region to b trusted. I will give u an instance late Musa Yaradua was the most honest president and or leader Nigeria has ever produced since 1960
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by hefelove(m): 7:59am On Oct 31, 2023
Okay I need a car for rental to be use for (uber and bolt business), to deliver weekly.

I’m ready to start work immediately.

If you are an intending investor/partner and you are willing to invest in uber/bolt business in Lagos

I will handle your car with utmost care and you will have good return on your investment.

I am ready to pay weekly as agreed without any stories.

I will provide verifiable guarantor as needed.
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by ZaddyJ: 8:01am On Oct 31, 2023
azpekuliar:

You get spine injury and you dey show us HIV result.. dey play
grin grin na you b the real Ogba president I swear .
I beg the guy man they hustle him no just do him editing well if not HIV nor for show grin grin
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by SmartyPants(m): 8:05am On Oct 31, 2023
Lovenorth:

Is the judge not hungry?

You stole the food in his house?
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by directonpc(m): 8:05am On Oct 31, 2023
They can use my Access bank account that I'm not using oo.
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:05am On Oct 31, 2023
SoNature:
Imagine how much ONE man has in his house in cash and the country is crying of FX. Crime runs in the DNA of a typical Nigerian. Even the judge and the prosecutors aren't any different. Perhaps the difference is that they haven't been caught yet.

In fact, news like this reaffirms my strong conviction that nobody is honest until they have been tested with money and power. When people tell me that northerners are honest people, that's the answer I often give them.

what we should concern ourselves with is if the money was gotten legally or not. where he saved his money is non our business. I think there is no law that prohibits someone from saving a specific amount of money in his house.
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by BreakingNews21: 8:08am On Oct 31, 2023
Lovenorth:
Why not to the Nigerian Nigerian government's account? I hope it's not what I am thinking? Even the judges are hungry grin

It certainly looks like the judges and Yakubu want to chop that stolen money. A very shameless breed of ppl.

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Antoeni(m): 8:10am On Oct 31, 2023
High Court wants to Reloot Looted Funds Recovered From Mr Yakubu
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:15am On Oct 31, 2023
yankison:
Ha Nigeria ...the court still discharge and acquitted him for the big crime... It is fi ished with Nigeria oo ..
court judgement is not base on emotions nor hearsay. The old man said the money was from Estacode and some retirement gift from friends which he was able to produce evidence but EFCC was unable to proved that it was gotten from corrupt means. Mind you. We are talking of GMD of NNPC
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by SoNature(m): 8:18am On Oct 31, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
what we should concern ourselves with is if the money was gotten legally or not. where he saved his money is non our business. I think there is no law that prohibits someone from saving a specific amount of money in his house.

Yes, you have a point, but there's no way he will have that money in cash if he obtained it through legitimate means. How much was his salary as the GMD? Mind you, he's already retired, meaning he's no longer in active service but has millions of dollars in cash.

See, Nigeria is supposed to be a rich country, but a few greedy people loot her resources, leaving a vast majority of her citizens poor.

Apart from crypto (a digital currency most of these old people don't understand), cash is the easiest means to transact illicit deals. That's why that man keeps the money in cash at home. Banking it may raise eyebrows.
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:18am On Oct 31, 2023
Seequadry:
$9.8m stacked in cash at home and yet he won a money laundering case against him......

The don finish this country tey teh
Do you actually know what money Laundering is all about? When does keeping money at home becomes a money laundering?
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:31am On Oct 31, 2023
SoNature:

Yes, you have a point, but there's no way he will have that money in cash if he obtained it through legitimate means. How much was his salary as the GMD? Mind you, he's already retired, meaning he's no longer in active service but has millions of dollars in cash.

See, Nigeria is supposed to be a rich country, but a few greedy people loot her resources, leaving a vast majority of her citizens poor.

Apart from crypto (a digital currency most of these old people don't understand), cash is the easiest means to transact illicit deals. That's why that man keeps the money in cash at home. Banking it may raise eyebrows.
You are right to some extent that cash is the easiest way to bribery and corruption. If you followed this case ab initio, the old man was able to prove that the money was legally gotten from friends during his retirement party and from his Estacode as GMD. But EFCC was unable to provide evidence of him corruptly enriching himself. That was why he won the case in Federal High Court. The judgement was delivered far back in 2018; till now, EFCC did not appeal.
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by COMPAQ(m): 8:41am On Oct 31, 2023
What was the legal basis why he was acquitted.? Was it based on technicality of did the court adjudge that the money was legitimately earned?

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by COMPAQ(m): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2023
COMPAQ:
What was the legal basis why he was acquitted.? Was it based on technicality of did the court adjudge that the money was legitimately earned?

Ah I see the answer I was looking for above.
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Pickmycall: 8:55am On Oct 31, 2023
But why will the court order thus huge amount of money to be given back to a thief?
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by kareemkamil(m): 8:59am On Oct 31, 2023
So that u guys can reloot it again abi, Nigeria na cruuz
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by Pickmycall: 8:59am On Oct 31, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
You are right to some extent that cash is the easiest way to bribery and corruption. If you followed this case ab initio, the old man was able to prove that the money was legally gotten from friends during his retirement party and from his Estacode as GMD. But EFCC was unable to provide evidence of him corruptly enriching himself. That was why he won the case in Federal High Court. The judgement was delivered far back in 2018; till now, EFCC did not appeal.
Why did he hide it inside a private home instead of the bank?Who donated $9m to an individual in this hard life?
Re: Judge Orders Transfer Of $9.8m Seized From Andrew Yakubu To The Court's Account by CloudTrees(f): 9:03am On Oct 31, 2023
Money dey where e dey

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibb's Hidden Treasure / Boko Haram: Army Explains Delay In Recapturing Seized Towns / Zakari Hands Over To Mahmood Yakubu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.