Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Jesus Is Lord: No Controversy II - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is Lord: No Controversy II (84 Views)

Dunamis: Miracle Claim Causes Controversy / Jesus Is Lord: No Controversy I / No Controversy; Christmas Remains The Best Season All Over The World! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Is Lord: No Controversy II by kpakpandoN(m): 7:03am On Oct 31, 2023
Yesterday we discussed how the resurrection of Jesus Christ confirmed His Lordship. This, in essence, establishes that only the One with the power over death can be Lord indeed. Today we shall look at another aspect of Jesus Christ’s Lordship – His dominion over all calamities and sicknesses, as seen in Isaiah 61:1. Luke 4:18 also corroborates this:

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the broken hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.

When Jesus was confronted face to face with the madman of Gadara, for example, He demonstrated this virtue as the Great Deliverer and Miracle Worker when He cast out the demons that had held the madman captive for years (Luke 8:26-39). Jesus came to preach the gospel to the poor for all-around salvation, and rebuked with authority all who tried to oppose Him. For example, He preached: “Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves” (Matthew 23:15). To this and many of His teachings, it was said: “And it came to pass when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.” (Matthew 7:28-29).

Our Lord Jesus Christ was asked to prove His Lordship in John 10:24-25. All He did was to simply refer His ‘interviewers’ to the work that His Father had been doing through Him. He said: “the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me.” (John 10:25).

As children of God, we must be able to represent Jesus Christ adequately. All you need is to give your life to Jesus and live by His commandments.

I prophesy to you today: you will graduate from being a miracle consumer to a miracle worker, in Jesus’ name.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Having The Right Feeling / The Beautiful Things Of Love (part 3) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/11/2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.