Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,175 members, 7,853,016 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:04 AM

Where Are You? Instead Of, Where Have You Been? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Are You? Instead Of, Where Have You Been? (111 Views)

Do Not Argue With Athetists, Talk About What Jesus Has Done For You Instead / Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / Let God Love You Instead - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Are You? Instead Of, Where Have You Been? by PCHC(m): 7:43am On Oct 31, 2023
[Genesis 3:10]
"And he said, I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself." [AKJV]

The man answered, “I heard You walking in the garden. I was afraid because I was naked. So I hid.” [ICB]

In this Bible verse above, Adam had already come out of hiding and had already put on some covering with fig-leaves: But Adam was confessing he was previously afraid when he heard the voice of God because he was previously naked, and had hid himself before until now he had put on some covering and could come out of hiding to answer God.

He did not say, "I am afraid because I am naked or I am hiding myself;" rather he said, "I was afraid (in the past) because I was naked (in the past); and I hid myself (in the past)." So let's say at the point of Adam saying what he said in the Bible verse above, Adam was no longer afraid, no longer naked or no longer hiding; and that God's question to him, "Adam, where are you?" was already answered.

Safe to say, Adam was not answering the question, "Where are you?" But was rather answering the question, "Where have you been?" Though Satan was the first being in the Bible scriptures that God asked, "Where have you been?" in connection with his lacking appearance or attendance in the presence of God (Job 1:7).

Nevertheless, Adam here was confessing what he did in reaction to hearing the voice of God in the Garden and why he reacted in that manner, and where he was briefly. We all may have different confessions and reasons for the places we had been and the ways we have reacted or responded to hearing the Voices or Motions of God in our Gardens/Hearts. But when our reactions bring us to hiding from God's Presence or bring us into being afraid because we are naked before the Lord, then we have acquired strange knowledge that cannot abide our been naked in God's presence.

However, this does not just apply to our being naked, but to whatever will make us not ready or not waiting for the Lord's coming.

Adam's distraction at the time of the Lord in the top Bible verse above was Adam's been naked and uncovered.

Satan's distraction at the times of the Lord in "Job 1:7" was Satan's earthly mindedness or setting all his mind on earthly things and not on heavenly things above.

The Foolish Virgins distraction at the time of the Lord in "Matthew 25:1-13" was not men but inadequacies of oil for their lights, and their sudden love/value for oil above their love/value for the Bridegroom at last time.

Some sinners and unworthy people have been chosen simply because they were ready and available for the Lord at His coming or presence, while some righteous people were distracted by what they were wearing and how people see them in public like Adam was, or distracted by earthly things like Satan was, or distracted by loving/valuing anointing/oil for their lamps more than receiving the long awaited Lord at the most important time of His Coming like the foolish virgins were. Don't be as Martha, but Mary.

Nevertheless, "Where have you been?" also means haunted by the past, or a way for the past catching up with us or overtaking us as either distraction or defect on us while facing His Presence.

(1) (Reply)

The Spiritual World Is Real, It Is What Control The Physical / Child Of Grace / God Our Saviour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.