Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,047 members, 7,818,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ (28320 Views)

Naira Continues Free Fall On Official Window, Trades N1482.57/$ / Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window / Naira Crashes To Record Low At Official Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by eepeepook: 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2023
More grease to the unemployed. All they do is complain. Last last, na japa go win am.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by Padipadi(m): 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2023
ZKOSOSO:
Tilumbumagical economics
Tinubuuu ooo!
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by Chyma231(m): 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2023
All these fools who Dey insult Igbos coz tinubu Dey seat …hope your seeing the rates and all . Ndi ara

7 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by Omoawoke2(m): 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2023
993 is record low.

May God have mercy
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by Akalia(m): 3:49pm On Oct 31, 2023
Na to look for any of my relatives for USA to dey send me steady dollars like this.

6 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by 9jatriot(m): 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2023
Can people better informed about finance educate me?

What of if government rather than try to fight this drop in forex, decides to make money off it?

What I mean is buy/sell forex at a profit to willing buyers at even black market rate and make a profit off it, so that at the end of the day there is no incentive to go and buy in the black market?

Nigeria has been fighting this exchange rate like forever so perhaps it is time to follow the trend as they say in the stock market. A finance person should please explain the folly or ingenuity of this idea.
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by Artiiclebeast: 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2023
Lol

The Naira is floating to where he knows not...
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by 9jatriot(m): 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2023
Wrong thinking. Better idea will be to think of what can earn you USD. 1k USD will be around 1 million. Think about it
Akalia:
Na to look for any of my relatives for USA to dey send me steady dollars like this.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by Blaze14k: 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
Mehn this is no longer a joke its getting scary

4 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by illuminutty: 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2023
A drvg trafficker and certificate forger can't help Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by Omniman(m): 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2023
This una Naira no dey stay one place

4 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by skj1377(m): 3:57pm On Oct 31, 2023
I think at this point the determining factor for the value of Naira is speculation . This is a wrong approach. I will suggest they close the economy to unecessary importation of finished products as well as ban the use of domiciliary accounts in banks . Terms of trade and trade deals between large economies and countries should be the sole criteria to determine stability of Economy and exchange rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by smartemperor042: 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2023
....Tinubu is not the reason why dollar is falling. He just resumed office and Peter Obi started pushing down naira. The Obidients went out to buy every dollar in the market. Peter obi is our problem.

Dear Mr President, on your Mandate Manhood we shall stand! grin

treesun:

https://www.thecable.ng/naira-falls-to-record-low-at-ie-window-trades-n993/amp

9 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by Kaiser20: 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2023
Tinubu is giving Nigerians Operation Payton dance till 2027

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by dododawa1: 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2023
treesun:
By January 2024, many jobs will be lost,more than enough beggars to do area boys on the roads and to sleep at Bourdillion plus Armed robbers!
your wish
Or

Others wish.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by Mayeldah(m): 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
Justiceleague1:
Thanks bro to God. We pray it drops further. God help Jiggaman

Truly you are yet to understand what's happening

The figure up there is the official rate, it was formerly around N787/$ when the parallel market rate was N1,300/$

if the official rate has gone up to over N990/$ it means the parallel market (black market) rate will jump to about N1,500/$

11 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by YourKarma: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
Official rate drops, which means the parallel rates will drop more.

Get ready for ₦1500 to $1.

APC is what will cause the disintegration of this country, not any separatist group

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by DestinyNigga: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
Meet Gloria Ahmed Tinubu who single handedly transform Lagos with her first class certificate in accounting. We have no doubt that she will bring the price of dollar to 140 grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by trevorlinda: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
In Nigeria, elders are the leaders of tomorrow

5 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by YourKarma: 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2023
Helinues, FreeStuffsNg, Yarimo......you bloody bastards will keep mute while your darling daddy destroys this country

8 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by Showguyz: 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2023
9jatriot:
Wrong thinking. Better idea will be to think of what can earn you USD. 1k USD will be around 1 million. Think about it
How do you suggest I start earning in dollar enlighten me please
Hungry wan finish me here o

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by alt3r3g0: 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2023
9jatriot:
Can people better informed about finance educate me?

What of if government rather than try to fight this drop in forex, decides to make money off it?

What I mean is buy/sell forex at a profit to willing buyers at even black market rate and make a profit off it, so that at the end of the day there is no incentive to go and buy in the black market?

Nigeria has been fighting this exchange rate like forever so perhaps it is time to follow the trend as they say in the stock market. A finance person should please explain the folly or ingenuity of this idea.

This is caused by basic demand and supply plus corruption.

If govt decides to sell at black market rate without addressing the supply/corruption issue, that is just moving the baseline as resellers will still add a markup.

It's like increasing fuel price when there is scarcity of fuel.

Only solution is to increase supply and deal with corruption. If everyone can get at offical rate, there is no need to spend more at black market.

The difference use to be less than 5 naira.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by shoczy(m): 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2023
Taylor94:
Please this is not the price on parallel market oo

No go meet any Aboki to sell dollar for you at 993

They’ll stab you immediately

Dollar still dey $1380 for Aboki hand oo

Just like I said if una like make una vote rubbish e go favor me pass una since una no wan get sense leave tribalism

I’m stacking bitcoin on my private wallet almost every two two days

Make economy dey spoil make Naira dey fall e dey favor me

In anyway una want am Taylor go still cash out

Check the date two times coins on 28th and one received 4am this morning and you can see the name Taylor

Wahala for who no dey get dollars

LeoDeking and Yarimo make una lower una pride beg me money I go give una 100k each right now. No DM just quote this post and drop account I’ll run it at POS

Since dem no want money
Am available abeg, i no get pride

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by FireUpNow(m): 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2023
993/$ is called low? I weep for this APC and the 🌽eating Ebola. He has summersaulted the naira and the economy

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by 9jatriot(m): 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2023
But there are many people waiting with billions to map up any increase in supply, that has been the problem in the last 5 years.
alt3r3g0:

This is caused by basic demand and supply plus corruption.

If govt decides to sell at black market rate without addressing the supply/corruption issue, that is just moving the baseline as resellers will still add a markup.

It's like increasing fuel price when there is scarcity of fuel.

Only solution is to increase supply and deal with corruption. If everyone can get at offical rate, there is no need to spend more at black market.

The difference use to be less than 5 naira.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by 9jatriot(m): 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2023
There are many things you can do, I will suggest 2:
1. Domain flipping
2. Selling of your skills on fiverr or upworks

You can do a search on nairaland and you will amazed at the wealth of info you will find

Showguyz:

How do you suggest I start earning in dollar enlighten me please
Hungry wan finish me here o

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by Geminiivory: 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2023
Taylor94:
Please this is not the price on parallel market oo

No go meet any Aboki to sell dollar for you at 993

They’ll stab you immediately

Dollar still dey $1380 for Aboki hand oo

Just like I said if una like make una vote rubbish e go favor me pass una since una no wan get sense leave tribalism

I’m stacking bitcoin on my private wallet almost every two two days

Make economy dey spoil make Naira dey fall e dey favor me

In anyway una want am Taylor go still cash out

Check the date two times coins on 28th and one received 4am this morning and you can see the name Taylor

Wahala for who no dey get dollars

LeoDeking and Yarimo make una lower una pride beg me money I go give una 100k each right now. No DM just quote this post and drop account I’ll run it at POS

No be lie ooh. Even last weekend wey dem say dollar don drop, I surprise when I sell.small.usdt wey I get for my binance acct at N1300/ usdt.. Sharp sharp naa im the guy pay sef.. Well me o no sell any again.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by unitysheart(m): 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2023
Not correct.
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by fisayodayo: 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2023
Justiceleague1:
Thanks bro to God. We pray it drops further. God help Jiggaman

I hope you understand the article?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by Taylor94: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2023
Geminiivory:

No be lie ooh. Even last weekend wey dem say dollar don drop, I surprise when I sell.small.usdt wey I get for my binance acct at N1300/ usdt.. Sharp sharp naa im the guy pay sef.. Well me o no sell any again.

Lol
Re: Naira Falls To Record Low At I&E Window, Trades ₦‎993/$ by Angelfrost(m): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2023
Every week is a record low...!

E nor dey reach rock bottom?!!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera / MTN Operations To Crumble Because Of Fuel Scarcity / Best Logistics Companies To Use For Mini Importation Biz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.