Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,463 members, 7,843,415 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

LAMENTATIONS OF A FAILED NATION! ~ Rev Fr BENEDICT AGBO (OBIDIENT WITH OPEN EYE) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAMENTATIONS OF A FAILED NATION! ~ Rev Fr BENEDICT AGBO (OBIDIENT WITH OPEN EYE) (162 Views)

Supporters Of APC Tried To Bribe Obidient With $15000 (photo) / Video: “don’t Tag Me In Any Post Celebrating A Failed Nation” – Former President / BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LAMENTATIONS OF A FAILED NATION! ~ Rev Fr BENEDICT AGBO (OBIDIENT WITH OPEN EYE) by DeltaFire: 11:45am On Oct 31, 2023
LAMENTATIONS OF A FAILED NATION!
Benedict Agbo (Rev Fr)
NINAS Movement News
31 Oct 2023

Editor’s comment:
All those obedient to the Spirit of CHRIST are called to be “salt and light”. That, is precisely what Catholic priest Rev Fr Ben Agbo is being now… Now, at such a time as this when the indigenous Ethnic Nations of the Nigeria Union are captives of the Forgery called 1999 Constitution which has now also enabled State Capture. Rev Fr Agbo knows that Nigerians can push back against this wicked agenda, and makes it known in this Lamentation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voice of Lamentation for a Failed Nation by Benedict Agbo (Rev Fr)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXSOAaTgQcw

This video message above is my voice of lamentation for a failed Nation where all the apparatchiks of Government have been captured by a few 'Leviathans'. The Executive Arm has been captured systematically. Even the INEC has been captured. The Legislative Arm has been captured for the first time in history by subtle negotiations. The Judiciary has been compromised! The Citizens have been intimidated into moribund silence! Our Youths are 'japparing' [fleeing] to foreign lands; our best of brains are leaving the Country to do menial jobs - we are witnessing a terrible brain drain. Some of our Youths are busy on their laptops using their brains to do 'Yahoo Yahoo business' [cybercrime]. Many of our Students do not value Education anymore because Certificate Forgery has been institutionalized.

Many of our Religious Leaders are busy chasing money; many are living in glass houses while their Congregation is wallowing in abject poverty and penury. Many are busy building gigantic structures and church edifices not knowing that a Taliban Government is gradually loading - and which will quickly destroy all those edifices in one day (God forbid).

I am lamenting for a nation that has no working CONSTITUTION. We all know that the 1999 Constitution is a huge lie: a constitution that began with the phrase 'We the people have agreed to..." which is a big lie since we know it was something from a Military Junta - Decree 24 to be precise. Even the recommendations of the Constitution for the election of President has been torpedoed by the Supreme Court - the 25 percentage minimum requirement for Abuja has been scuttled by Judiciary interpretation. The 68-item Exclusive List does not allow for the development of the natural resources of the States. No State Governor is in control of the Security of his State because he must take instructions from the Inspector General of Police.

I am lamenting for a nation that has no Security anymore - where even the Military (with their guns) are still under the same STATE CAPTURE. I am lamenting for a nation where the Politicians have continued to wallow in the quagmire of consumerism. Look at 160 million Naira being approved for the lawmakers for car allowances when the citizens can barely feed - a regime that can borrow and borrow and sacrifice the freedom of even their unborn children.

I am going to disappoint many people in this broadcast/ short video starting from my immediate family some of who believe I am on a suicide mission. Everybody knows that the DSS is now doing press-up getting ready to arrest people who will challenge the present government. To my Bishop under whom I swore a vow or promise of obedience, I apologise if I am sounding like a political activist. I have a pressure burning within my soul pushing me to exercise my prophetic ministry as a priest. My understanding of the priestly vocation especially its prophetic mission includes preaching of freedom and liberation for the people of God in bondage.

My message is for the OBIdient Movement. We have not failed! But we need to move quickly to a PLAN B and Target to fix the engine of the Nigerian vehicle. And the big question is: WHO SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIX THIS KNOCKED ENGINE WHICH COMES FROM OUR BAD CONSTITUTION? Is it the Legislature? All they can do is Constitutional Amendment/Reform. Is it the Military? All they can do is Transition the nation and take us many years back again but cannot at best achieve a RESTRUCTURING. The fixing of the Constitution has to be done by the citizens through a CONSTITUTIONAL RENEGOTIATION which is achieved through a MULTI REGIONAL REFERENDUM as has been done in South Africa and some other Countries. The call for Referendum should not be seen as an Igbo Project. Even the Middle Belt Nationalities need it more! The Upper North that is turning to a Sharia nationality needs it. The Igbo nationality needs it. The Yoruba nationality needs it. The Ijaw nationality needs it.

My message to the Religious Leaders is that they should remember (for Christian leaders) that Freedom is the principal mission of Christ. Take a look at Luke 4:18 where he said that "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me and has anointed me to preach good news to the poor and freedom to those in bondage...". Even Mohammed for the Muslims, preached freedom for his people. Please begin to close shop if you are still chasing after shadows, and concentrate on emancipating our people. Stop exploiting them. They are hungry and gullible. Please I am begging our Catholic Priests to remember the Triple Munera of our Vatican Council injunction. We are called to be Prophets, Priests and Leaders of God's people.

I am begging our Political leaders who have hijacked our leadership to stop squandering our resources. It will soon finish. Stop borrowing for consumption but for production! Let us Transition towards CONSTITUTIONAL RENEGOTIATION. There are three packages here: If we are agreeing to be a FEDERATION let the terms be clear, or CONFEDERATION, or even SEPARATION if some people want that. No marriage is by force after all!

You may wonder why I started with the Finladia tune in my video background - a tune that was used for the Biafran Anthem. I am actually not a fan of Biafran Agitation but I am a freedom fighter! If you study the origin of the IPOB for example, you will see what went wrong from the beginning. Now they are lacking the full support of the very people they are fighting to liberate through disrespect for their freedom of movement and disregard for their religious sensibilities. If I may ask: What is the predominant Religion of the so-called “Biafran” territory? Is it not predominantly a Christian territory? Why would their leader be asking for Judaism or African Traditional Religion? If there is a Referendum will he succeed? Why I am saying this is that NINAS has the original plan for Self Determination of the Indigenous Nationalities. NINAS is the Nigerian Indigenous Nationalities Alliance for Self-Determination and their modus operandi is through PEACEFUL PROTEST.

My final call is for Nigerians in Diaspora to begin to push their resources to the right channel for the freedom of our Indigenous Nationalities. NINAS has got the best template I have seen for this and has already gone very far in the struggle. We only need to support this Movement through Alliances. The time for mandate recovery is over. We have been overpowered temporarily by STATE and NON STATE ACTORS but we can still unite to fix the engine of the Nigerian vehicle that is very bad already. Even Peter Obi said it! Any route that will be less bloody is the route that we shall follow!

For those who are worried about my life I am ready to offer it for this struggle. So let the arresters or killers come. If God so allows it, I am ready to die for justice, truth, and liberation of the peoples of Nigeria.

https://ninasmovementnews.substack.com/p/lamentations-of-a-failed-nation
Re: LAMENTATIONS OF A FAILED NATION! ~ Rev Fr BENEDICT AGBO (OBIDIENT WITH OPEN EYE) by bhella10: 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2023
Lamentation is an embodiment of Obidients grin

(1) (Reply)

Imo NLC Pulls Out Of Strike Over Court Order / Ajaero: APC Group Begs NLC To Shelve Planned Strike / Women Activists Protest In Abuja, Demand Justice For Khadijat, Allegedly Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.