Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,222 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR (23554 Views)

Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award / Messi Overtakes Ronaldo As Footballer With Most Guinness World Records / Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by hkidola00(m): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2023
AImiron:

GuinessWorldRecords
he cant be our greatest..nothing spectacular

1 Like

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by AImiron: 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2023
Angelfrost:
The young man has set the bar too high...!

I honestly doubt we will see another footballer of this quality till another Century.

I am honored to have witnessed Lionel Messi in my lifetime... Kudos Legend!
bro for you to call Messi(36) a young man, you must be in your late 40s, or mid 50s, make I Dey add “sir” whenever i wan reply you.

though na just couple of years he take senior me…
Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by Numerouno94(m): 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2023
Angelfrost:

I honestly doubt we will see another footballer of this quality till another Century.

We will never see another footballer like Messi. Messi is a special breed. He was simply created for the round leather game. He is more of a magician.

And considering how football has bn monitized, it will b impossible to see another Messi. Players of this generation re not passionate about the game but only concerned abt looking gud and making money. Players re now bigger than their managers, no discipline anymore.

Congrats to Messi. Wat a time to b a Fan of Messi.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by Kingosytex(m): 1:36pm On Oct 31, 2023
tonididdy:

But una say na because e win WC that's why he won d'or

So what's the point naming a meaningless useless no competition league trophy.

The file attached contains the criteria the journalists used in voting. Go through it and tell me who deserved the win.
Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by AImiron: 1:36pm On Oct 31, 2023
hkidola00:
he cant be our greatest..nothing spectacular
you’re irrelevant go and feed your sorry ass first

1 Like

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by Numerouno94(m): 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2023
brain54:
One guy go Dey one corner Dey cry now…

Out of jealousy.

I no call anybody name oh!

Call the name jare, I dey ur back.gringrin

1 Like

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by AImiron: 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2023
Hussein035:

Useless FIFA setting useless record without remorse

Another fraud again just because this man is licking FIFA ass

I will just advise Messi to resign from football unless he desire to disgrace himself from now, since he left Barca he has been playing poorly

Even the world cup seems like a planned tournament just to prove a point by FIFA

They should ensure he collect next one in the no relegation league
you’ll cry till death…. U never see anything, this is the beginning, avoid Messi thread or get HBP….

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by hkidola00(m): 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2023
Angelfrost:

towards the end most of the awards are mere wash

1 Like

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by phemmyfour: 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2023
AImiron:

GuinessWorldRecords
Till Infinity....HE reigns. King Messi
Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by tonididdy(m): 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2023
Kingosytex:

The file attached contains the criteria the journalists used in voting. Go through it and tell me who deserved the win.

Lol useless criteria.

1 Like

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by Angelfrost(m): 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2023
AImiron:
bro for you to call Messi(36) a young man, you must be in your late 40s, or mid 50s, make I Dey add “sir” whenever i wan reply you.

though na just couple of years he take senior me…

Brother, the guy is young and doing wonders.

At his age, some of the idiots on this forum still dey their papa house.

Messi achieved the impossible so early... And he is not even yet Middle aged. Legendary!

1 Like

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by Roboto11: 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2023
Warldbest:
If Halaand had won world cup, and Messi treble, would Halaand have been given ballon d'or

Who?
Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by Numerouno94(m): 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
First player outside of Europe to win the Ballon d'Or.

What of R9, Rivaldo, Romario and Ronaldinho. Are they also in Europe?

You dey behave like all those fanatical CR7 fans. I no dey like cap

Which club were they playing for wen they won the Balon d'or?
Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by BigYash: 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2023
Ugaboy:
Di Maria won the World Cup, yet it seems like nobody acknowledges his achievement now. With Messi, everyone is bringing up various arguments and conditions to justify his deserving of recognition.

Take a look at Erling Haaland's success in the English Premier League (EPL). Not even Mo Salah was able to achieve such a remarkable record. Haaland aims to break all of Ronaldo's goal and trophy records in a single season.

If you support Messi's victory, it's only fair to support * as well. It's important to use common sense even when you have hair on your head.
These award blike Nigerian elections.. I am a fan of Messi,but the politics is too much abeg.

1 Like

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by justking(m): 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2023
Greatest
Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by Angelfrost(m): 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2023
hkidola00:
towards the end most of the awards are mere wash

Most?!! The only one I can concede should not have gone to him was the 7th one, which rightfully should have gone to Lewandoski.

That leaves 7 well deserved awards.

I stand to be corrected tho.

1 Like

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by AImiron: 1:43pm On Oct 31, 2023
Angelfrost:

Brother, the guy is young and doing wonders.

At his age, some of the idiots on this forum still dey their papa house.

Messi achieved the impossible so early... And he is not even yet Middle aged. Legendary!
oh yea i understand bro, don’t mind me I Dey tease you ni.

Wonder!! you can say that again cos he makes impossible normal, and the bar is too high so tey when he had a bad performance critics drag him.

I’m just happy those chapters don close for life. I think the World Cup changed things, cos Leo can still play till 40 and in any competitive league. E go sweet if he went to man city, but he has won it all, zero motivation I understand and his decision…

Yeah Legend 🐐
Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by phemmyfour: 1:43pm On Oct 31, 2023
tonididdy:
BS...forcing old tasteless wine down our throats because he won a guided world cup!

Haaland was football last season....wtf
Stop crying
All major categories have winners emerging with world cup factor

Best player male n female : World Cup winner
Best Goalkeeper: World Cup winner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by Angelfrost(m): 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2023
Numerouno94:

We will never see another footballer like Messi. Messi is a special breed. He was simply created for the round leather game. He is more of a magician.

And considering how football has bn monitized, it will b impossible to see another Messi. Players of this generation re not passionate about the game but only concerned abt looking gud and making money. Players re now bigger than their managers, no discipline anymore.

Congrats to Messi. Wat a time to b a Fan of Messi.

Bro, you have said it all.

Most players of today are lazy and overpaid.

I still wonder how Neymar failed to win just one Ballon d'Or all these years in Europe top leagues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by ambale(m): 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2023
Ugaboy:
Di Maria won the World Cup, yet it seems like nobody acknowledges his achievement now. With Messi, everyone is bringing up various arguments and conditions to justify his deserving of recognition.

Take a look at Erling Haaland's success in the English Premier League (EPL). Not even Mo Salah was able to achieve such a remarkable record. Haaland aims to break all of Ronaldo's goal and trophy records in a single season.

If you support Messi's victory, it's only fair to support * as well. It's important to use common sense even when you have hair on your head.

Cry more, na life we meet am say people go Sabi pass others

Di maria come complain give you?

Radarada, go straight where u wan go pendulians😂😂

1 Like

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by ambale(m): 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2023
Congratulations to the GOAT

Funny how Ronaldo fans watched and cry more on an award that has lost its value😂😂😂

Werey fan base
Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by hkidola00(m): 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2023
Angelfrost:

Haaland's time will come, most likely this year/season... He should put in more effort. Messi and Ronaldo are done with Ballon d'Or.

Messi deserved this without question.
stop dat..you know this award was haalands own...messi was dead throughout the year only came up in the world cup to score penalties

1 Like

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by hkidola00(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2023
AImiron:
you’re irrelevant go and feed your sorry ass first
oloriburuku wey messi no know him generation...e nogo better for your papa

1 Like

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by Pbreeze: 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2023
Messi is simply a genius! Best footballer ever💯🙏 MESSI is the only best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by AImiron: 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2023
hkidola00:
oloriburuku wey messi no know him generation...e nogo better for your papa
ogun kee your father… awon to ni e ma fi oju sunkun e… Ariwo ofo ati Ipayinkeke koni won ni family house. Onishorire

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by hkidola00(m): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2023
Angelfrost:

Most?!! The only one I can concede should not have gone to him was the 7th one, which rightfully should have gone to Lewandoski.

That leaves 7 well deserved awards.

I stand to be corrected tho.
what was messis achievement in 2019 to go ahead of van dijk,mane or mo sallah.....2010 xavi and iniesta won the wc,snedjer won double treble but somehow it was given to messi

1 Like

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by geoworldedu: 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2023
tonididdy:

Mbampe and Bellingham are in better form that haaland this season so far!
A repeat of the UCL for Haaland can earn him the Balon D'or this time. It's quite unfortunate that PSG can't win it.
Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by hkidola00(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2023
AImiron:
ogun kee your father… awon to ni e ma fi oju sunkun e… Ariwo ofo ati Ipayinkeke koni won ni family house. Onishorire
motor go jam your mama before this year runs out....afofungbemu alailaye ire

1 Like

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by Numerouno94(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2023
Angelfrost:

Bro, you have said it all.

Most players of today are lazy and overpaid.

I still wonder how Neymar failed to win just one Ballon d'Or all these years in Europe top leagues.

It baffles me too wen I tink abt Neymar. Neymar was the architect of his own downfall. He prioritized money instead being under the tutelage of Messi in Barca. If Neymar had turned down the move to PSG and remained at Barca, I blif he would have won one or two Balon d'or.
Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by Angelfrost(m): 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2023
hkidola00:
stop dat..you know this award was haalands own...messi was dead throughout the year only came up in the world cup to score penalties

Why?! Because of the goals he scored for Man City and Norway?!! Lol.

It doesn't begin and end with goals sir.

If it did, only Strikers will be winning it year in year out... People like Luka Modric would never have been considered for it.

Honestly, Mbappe should even win it if Messi wasn't to get it... Why?!! The young man singularly carried France on his young shoulders almost to world cup glory, and if France had won it, there would have been no contest.

Ballon d'Or is for players who play massive influence and lead their teams to glory all round.

That was why Fabio Cannavaro won it in 2006 instead of Thierry Henry who was an attacking legend. Why?!! He influenced and led Italy to world cup glory!

Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by JoeEeL(m): 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
Warldbest:
If Halaand had won world cup, and Messi treble, would Halaand have been given ballon d'or

Dey play reverse psychology on urself. Who get ur time?
Re: Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR by dayssolalee(m): 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Shahid Khan ‘the Tache With The Cash’ Primed To Buy £800m Wembley / Nigeria Vs France Prediction / I Will Not Scatter United's Dressing Room This Season- Pogba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.