Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs (7349 Views)

“Do I Look Like A Sick Man?" - Tinubu Asks Business Owners In Kano (Video) / Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Ariwoola As CJN / Buhari Asks Senate To Confirm Lamido Yuguda As SEC DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by Okirinwankwa76(m): 7:26am On Nov 01, 2023
President Bola Tinubu has asked the Senate to screen and confirm 10 new Resident Electoral Commissioners for a term of five ears.

The President’s request was contained in a letter read by the Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, at plenary on Tuesday.

The new RECs were appointed last week to serve in the Independent National Electoral Commission.

The newly appointed RECs are Etekamba Umoren (Akwa Ibom) Isah Shaka Ehimeakne (Edo) Oluwatoyin Babalola (Ekiti) Abubakar Ahmed Ma’aji (Gombe) Shehu Wahab (Kwara) Prof. Mohammed Yelwa (Niger).

Others are Anugbum Onuoha (Rivers), Isma’ila Kaura Moyi (Zamfara), Bunmi Omoseyindemi (Lagos) and Aminu Kasimu Idris (Nasarawa).

Their appointment was greeted with controversies that some of them could be card-carrying members of the ruling All Progressives Congress and two others were also found to be long-term allies of prominent politicians serving in the Tinubu administration.

In the letter seeking the confirmation of the electoral commissioners, Tinubu asked the Senate to give his request expeditious consideration.

https://punchng.com/tinubu-asks-senate-toconfirm-10-inec-recs/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:12am On Nov 01, 2023
Ok, noted.
Over to the senate.
Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:12am On Nov 01, 2023
God bless Our LEADER,
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Nigeria will be great in our lifetime whether the evil ones like it or not.

God bless Our LEADER,
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu,
AKA JAGABAN,
AKA Dem Mama Husband ❤️

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by Beverlyjean(f): 8:13am On Nov 01, 2023
To guarantee his next tenure... the president should not have anything to do with INEC

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by Ayoola171(m): 8:13am On Nov 01, 2023
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:15am On Nov 01, 2023
post=126729367:
God bless Our LEADER,

God bless Our LEADER,
AKA JAGABAN,
AKA Dem Mama Husband ❤️

Sha no complain offline if your business dey affected.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:16am On Nov 01, 2023
Jagaban is planning his re election again small small. The game planner God Bless You Sir

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by Wizpa(m): 8:17am On Nov 01, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by sarkinbauchi: 8:17am On Nov 01, 2023

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by isram: 8:17am On Nov 01, 2023
DONT WORRY ITS APPROVED

RUBBER STAMP cant say no,

after APC finish with una , una mind go touch ground

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by Fasindo: 8:18am On Nov 01, 2023
shocked

Do not think these people are coming to serve

Opportunity for them, their family, friends and acquittances to eat from the national treasury of election bribe coffers.

The first that will benefit from this will be Isah Shaka Ehimeakne
of Edo State cos Edo election will be coming up in 2026, other appointees will have to wait till 2027 when elections will be contested in their various state.

I jealousy and envy Isah Shaka Ehimeakne of Edo state so much cos he will benefit from Edo state 2026 elections and still benefits from the 2027 election, who says God can not bless someone over night.

Election under APC is far from being free and fair, we have to wait till God knows when to conduct free and fair election.

The winner of eache election will not be determined by who people voted the most, but by who bribe the most.

Once more,I wish them successful eating of politicians bribery money.
Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by Racoon(m): 8:19am On Nov 01, 2023
To confirm the dirty people he has selected for his dirty job @ INEC.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by wittywriter: 8:20am On Nov 01, 2023
MANNABBQGR1LLS:
God bless Our LEADER,

God bless Our LEADER,
AKA JAGABAN,
AKA Dem Mama Husband ❤️

Holluwhakemmy:
Jagaban is planning his re election again small small. The game planner God Bless You Sir

Beverlyjean:
To guarantee his next tenure... the president should not have anything to do with INEC
Beverlyjean:

Seems u just learnt that word

Ayoola171:
Best of luck.

Wittyness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by zeusdgrt(m): 8:21am On Nov 01, 2023
Untill the constitution is amended removing the Rights of appointment in Inec by the president we will never have a free and fair election.INEC should be independent and voting into these offices to be done by party chairmen and committee of each state for RECs while same applies to the National chairman of Inec to be done by the National rep of qualified parties in Nigeria, Otherwise we are on a long thing as the wicked politicians know this and will never let it happen.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by Parydelegate: 8:22am On Nov 01, 2023
This one na Ditto
Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by DesChyko: 8:23am On Nov 01, 2023
Is it those card-carrying party members? 😁
Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by fawaz050(m): 8:27am On Nov 01, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:

It's a good thing, abi? INEC shouldn't be independent of the President, abi?

Which game? Nigerian Politicians are so dull. They know not than Operation keep them poor and destitute.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by kennyz247(m): 8:28am On Nov 01, 2023
Watching
Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by nkwoemeka(m): 8:32am On Nov 01, 2023
Instant billionaires.
Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by otomatic(m): 8:36am On Nov 01, 2023
RECs are not deployed to their states of origin, oga.
But that is not to say that they are saints.

Fasindo:
shocked

Do not think these people are coming to serve

Opportunity for them, their family, friends and acquittances to eat from the national treasury of election bribe coffers.

The first that will benefit from this will be Isah Shaka Ehimeakne
of Edo State cos Edo election will be coming up in 2026, other appointees will have to wait till 2027 when elections will be contested in their various state.

I jealousy and envy Isah Shaka Ehimeakne of Edo state so much cos he will benefit from Edo state 2026 elections and still benefits from the 2027 election, who says God can not bless someone over night.

Election under APC is far from being free and fair, we have to wait till God knows when to conduct free and fair election.

The winner of eache election will not be determined by who people voted the most, but by who bribe the most.

Once more,I wish them successful eating of politicians bribery money.
Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by Beverlyjean(f): 8:39am On Nov 01, 2023
wittywriter:

Wittyness.

Seems u just learnt that word
Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by Cruise777: 9:06am On Nov 01, 2023
cool

Goodluck to them

I remember INEC REC Agboke of Oyo State back then... the guy refused to collect anything or rig for Ajimobi and Penkelemes with all the money they threw at him, Seyi Makinde was declared the winner

He went to Osun state and also did his thing, making Adeleke win against an incumbent

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by OilandGasMarket: 9:24am On Nov 01, 2023
It will be the first name obviously so that before you know what is happening he has been asked to bow and go
Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by BluntCrazeMan: 9:36am On Nov 01, 2023
This is not supposed to be the best thing TINUBU should be doing about Electoral Reforms..
Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by Zyxsc: 9:51am On Nov 01, 2023
This country is gone. Why would a sitting president be overseeing the doings of an independent body?

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by IMASTEX: 10:10am On Nov 01, 2023
More reforms are needed in the electoral system if the country's selection process can never get better. I can't appoint a referee in a match that I will be playing in, and the ref won't be very sensitive to my desires. grin grin grin
GEJ was just an exceptional man, such similar gesture might never happen against.
Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by YourKarma: 10:29am On Nov 01, 2023
This logic of the presidency appointing INEC recs is totally stupid
Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by chidi2003(m): 10:37am On Nov 01, 2023
UnnervingNaija:

Your lifetime? Is it that you don't know how old you are? And instead of giving Nigeria into the hand a serious minded person who will see whether something good can be made out of Nigeria before we all become too old to appreciate it, you all went and imposed on us a man who is more clueless than Buhari.

I'm no longer complaining because I've seen there's no hope in complaining. I will just mind my business and work and pray hard for my daily bread and protection. I won't stress my held over the matter of Nigeria ever again
People who defend bad Leaders - often suffer the bad governance the more.
Re: Tinubu Asks Senate To Confirm 10 INEC RECs by rhymesnoni(m): 10:48am On Nov 01, 2023
Congratulations my Lecturer Prof. Mohammed Yelwa, May Allah bless this appointment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Tinubu Assures Nigerians Of Accurate Population Census / Middle-Belt Forum Endorses Jonathan For 2015 / Governor Ugwuanyi, A Reference Point In Our Success Story, Says NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.