Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Help Needed For Toyota Verso 2012 Diesel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Needed For Toyota Verso 2012 Diesel (545 Views)

My Toyota Corolla Verso Jerks When Accelerating / Custom duty for Toyota Camry 2004. / Toyota Avensis Verso Or Toyota Corolla Verso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed For Toyota Verso 2012 Diesel by ShenTeh(m): 8:18am On Nov 01, 2023
Hi everyone,

While replacing the battery of the car, the negative and positive edges were swapped in error (called reverse polarisation). The car alarms and headlights went beaming before the battery was corrected. This was within 5 seconds.

After that unfortunate incident, the car won't start, the lights on the dash won't even come up and not even the light on the thumbstart. The door lights, side mirror and inner lights were the only electricals working.

After replacing all broken fuses, the dashboard lights and the ignition lights now come up but the car still won't start.

I noticed that power does not get to the internal fuse box at all. And half part of external fuse box does not get power at all. All broken fuses have been replaced with their correct amperage.

Please how can this be best resolved for a Do-it-TO-yourself person.

Thank you.
Re: Help Needed For Toyota Verso 2012 Diesel by Lexusgs430: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2023
ShenTeh:
Hi everyone,

While replacing the battery of the car, the negative and positive edges were swapped in error. The car alarms and headlights went beaming before the battery was corrected.

After that, the car won't start, the lights on the dash won't even come up and not even the light on the thumbstart. The door lights, side mirror and inner lights were the only electricals working.

After replacing all broken fuses, the dashboard lights and the ignition lights now come up but the car still won't start. Please how can this be best resolved for a Do-it-TO-yourself person.

Thank you.

I think you have fried the ecu ......
Re: Help Needed For Toyota Verso 2012 Diesel by ShenTeh(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12
ShenTeh:
Hi everyone,

While replacing the battery of the car, the negative and positive edges were swapped in error (called reverse polarisation). The car alarms and headlights went beaming before the battery was corrected. This was within 5 seconds.

After that unfortunate incident, the car won't start, the lights on the dash won't even come up and not even the light on the thumbstart. The door lights, side mirror and inner lights were the only electricals working.

After replacing all broken fuses, the dashboard lights and the ignition lights now come up but the car still won't start.

I noticed that power does not get to the internal fuse box at all. And half part of external fuse box does not get power at all. All broken fuses have been replaced with their correct amperage.

Please how can this be best resolved for a Do-it-TO-yourself person.

Thank you.

Well I got an auto electrician who found out that a part of the external fusebox has had the link broken. He removed that part of the fusebox and soldered the broken points (2 actually) and voilĂ  after over 3 months of sitting idle my Verso is good again.

Thank you to all those who just looked on the post and passed. And special mention to Lexusgs430, who echoed what a lot of people were also telling me offline.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Needed For Toyota Verso 2012 Diesel by Franklyspeakin: 7:56pm On Jan 12
God is great!!! No try that mistake again ooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Car Color Doesn't Correspond With That In My Car Papers / Auto Experts Pls Help. My Brake Fliud Shortens At A Superfast Rate / Vehicle Exhaust Fumes And Our Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.