Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence (7693 Views)

Yahaya Bello And Edward Onoja In Silent War Over Appointments / Edward Onoja Cast His Vote With A Flag / Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by OZIOGU1: 10:32am On Nov 01, 2023
Ahead of the November 11, governorship election in Kogi State, the Deputy Governor, Chief Edward Onoja, has warned against the resort to violence.

He stated this while receiving a former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) aspirant, Dr. Joseph Erico, who formally dumped the party for the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Olamaboro local government area of Kogi State.

Erico was the director of security of PDP campaign council in the last general election.

He received the former PDP member at the civic center at Okpo, headquarters of the council.

Onoja said Olamaboro since 1999 has not lost any election to the opposition party, assuring that the November 11 election will follow in that pattern.

He warned against those who would want to engage in violent activities to desist, saying the spirit of the ancestors forbade the people to use weapons against their kith and kin. He advised supporters to engage the electorate in a peaceful manner while wooing them to support APC at the polls.

The deputy governor who was elated by the number of defectors, said Joseph Erico defection to APC means PDP has totally collapsed in the area.

Onoja said he spent two years convincing Erico to join the APC.

He added that with Senator Attai Aidoko, who had earlier joined APC as well as the zone’s penchant for being in the winning party, the November 11 election is already won by APC.

“I have been messaging him (Erico) for more than two years now without success until now that he has seen the light of belonging to a ruling party.

“He is a force in the politics of Ward two in Olamaboro especially, his country home of Etutekpe Okpo. He has not lost election in his area . He has been a thorn in our flesh and now that he is in our fold we are sure of victory of our party. Politics is local and Erico represents the grassroots. With him, the consistency of Olamaboro in winning elections will be maintained.

I Call on our compatriots to remain calm in their appeal to electorate and never to engage in acts detrimental to our collective good which is to bring development to the people. As your son, I have brought infrastructural and human development to our people and by that I expect you to reciprocate the gesture by voting enmasse for the APC for more dividend of Democracy.

“Throughout the history of elections, Olamaboro has never been linked to any act of violence and I vehemently opposed to any one or groups intending to use violence against his or her brethren as we are one family.”

https://leadership.ng/kogi-poll-deputy-governor-cautions-against-violence/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by OZIOGU1: 10:34am On Nov 01, 2023
Politics of personal interest not any tribal interest,

Some igala's will vote, APC, PDP, LP $ SDP.

Some Ebira's will vote PDP, APC, LP $ SDP.

Some okun's will vote APC, PDP, SDP $ LP.

Know this and have peace, the highest rigger carry the day

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by Moferere: 12:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
OZIOGU1:

LP in Kogi? grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by Judolisco(m): 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2023
Dem shenk onoja Sha.... He has been quiet of late..... Sorry oh bros.....sorry

6 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by tiswell(m): 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2023
story
Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by opalu: 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
Ok
Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by Judolisco(m): 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
OZIOGU1:

it's a battle btw SDP and APC.... I'm not sure okun people would vote for Dino given his poor performance as a legislator.... No labour party in kogi... Labour wetin?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by federal9: 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
There is no need. The winning party schooled us on how to win election.

Be wicked and mean

Have tugs

Have a plan B

Save a lot of money for bribe

Intimidate voters so you will have the polling unit for yourself.

Once you loseguard, the other person takes the lead.

And finally, know the returning officers well for change of result.

Note: Whatever results they give INEC is what INEC will read out and crown the winner.

Shikenaaa!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by ihatebuhari(f): 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
Shithole country
Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by jattopeter(m): 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
Thats how they use to do other tribe then.
Judolisco:
Dem shenk onoja Sha.... Na a has been quiet of late..... Sorry oh bros.....sorry

1 Like

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by Sebastine1994(m): 3:48pm On Nov 01, 2023
In ododo I trust

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by topoftheworld(m): 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2023
PDP will win

This I have seen.....

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by Patriotsleague: 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2023
Na una team dem dey accuse of being prepetrators na...politrickcians.
Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2023
Kogites : Vote wisely for the man or woman you believe will change your life and the way you live.

Forget about party politics.

This is the only way all our states and nation at large can move forward.

May the best candidate that will move Kogi state forward wins.

God bless Kogi State.

God bless Nigeria.

We Rise.

extol1:
I am liking your comments nowadays
Now, clap for yasef.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by slivertongue: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2023
Judolisco:
it's a battle btw SDP and APC.... I'm not sure okun people would vote for Dino given his poor performance as a legislator.... No labour party in kogi... Labour wetin?

it's a three way tribal contest based on population.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by Pat081: 3:53pm On Nov 01, 2023
Sebastine1994:
In ododo I trust
Only a fool will pray for APC to win any election again in this country

6 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by Nats12(m): 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2023
😂 Edward my guy, Yahaya Bello really used this guy like tissue paper.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by Yestogood: 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2023
topoftheworld:
PDP will win

This I have seen.....

In my humble opinion, Dino is the better option for Kogi. The odds are against him, I know, but I wish him well.
Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by OZIOGU1: 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2023
Judolisco:

This is likely through, but what i am seeing is ethnic campaign in the last 2 months. They may vote for Dino but not overwhelmingly

1 Like

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by Eriokanmi: 4:00pm On Nov 01, 2023
Judolisco:
Dey play. This is tribal politics at play this time. Smart Adeyemi had reiterated okun is next but Bello dribbled them. The greatest mistake made by bello was picking his tribesman as his successor. He should have either considered an okun or igala man instead but politicians are so selfish.

Monkey no fine but him mama like am. Tinubu's corrupt but yoruba gave him their votes. Even if dino was a thief, which he's not anyway, it won't matter in this election..don't also think igala would vote Ododo an ebiraman. The woman dino picked is as powerful as natasha in igala land

1 Like

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by d142475: 4:00pm On Nov 01, 2023
This one has woken from his hibernation. He has been hibernating since Yeye Bello served him a cold breakfast during the Kogi APC primary.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by OZIOGU1: 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2023
Pat081:
Only a fool will pray for APC to win any election again in this country

But it is what it is, they will win, I am from Kogi and i know APC will win, there is a story behind it.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by teewhyhomes: 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2023
Happy new month everyone. Teewhyhomes provides solutions to Real Estate problems in Nigeria. You can reach out to us today via our website.
Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by OZIOGU1: 4:06pm On Nov 01, 2023
d142475:
This one has woken from his hibernation. He has been hibernating since Yeye Bello served him a cold breakfast during the Kogi APC primary.

He was the favorite but there is a reason behind why He was not chosen can i tell you?
Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by chrisblack1234: 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2023
The wahala people telling others to shun wahala.. Wetin Chris won't hear..
Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by chariskoko: 4:12pm On Nov 01, 2023
Judolisco:

Okun is voting ADC, Hon. Leke Abejide..the incoming Governor of Kogi State

1 Like

Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by Akaegwu(m): 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2023
OZIOGU1:

He was the favorite but there is a reason behind why He was not chosen can i tell you?
Tell us the animals folklore.
Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by Coolsat(m): 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2023
Ododo is the best for the job
Re: Kogi Poll: Edward Onoja Cautions Against Violence by YourGFsnatcher: 4:23pm On Nov 01, 2023
I hate that Bello guy, useless young man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ultimate Quotes From Aunty Patience Jonathan / Governor Ugwuanyi Summons Emergency Security Meeting / Peter Obi Wins Kosofe LGA/ Ogudu Lagos With Wide Margin - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.