Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide (24471 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Marketers Galvanise For CNG Rollout At N100/litre / COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout / Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by Esther125: 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2023
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has unveiled plans to introduce one million Compressed Natural Gas powered vehicles by 2027.

Special Assistant to the President on Special Duties and Domestic Affairs, Toyin Subaru, disclosed this during a recent stakeholders’ meeting at the Bank of Industry headquarters in Abuja.

He said that 11,500 CNG-powered buses are expected to be deployed nationwide soon.

He said the move would address transportation challenges exacerbated by the recent subsidy removal, providing a viable solution to the public, .ng reports.

The Federal Government assured that the introduction of CNG buses will significantly lower the price of CNG to N230 per kg, making it an affordable and eco-friendly option for the citizens.

Subaru emphasized that integrating CNG-powered mass transit buses will enable Nigerians to save up to two-thirds of their transportation costs.

“Now, with this CNG plan, we don’t have to import what we need to operate our vehicles.
“It is called CNG, and we have the gas here in Nigeria. So, the idea is to take the gas and distribute it across Nigeria via different truck stations.

“Most gas is not CNG enabled yet, and what we are doing is to help them convert their cars so you can use petrol and CNG at the same time.

“We are going to develop an app that will enable you to locate where a CNG station is located. We should be able to buy gas for our cars at N230 per KG as against the cost of petrol, which is N680 per litre. This should help every Nigerian save about two-thirds of their transport cost,” he said.
https://.ng/2023/11/01/tinubu-to-rollout-one-million-cng-vehicles-nationwide/

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by Xscape1993(m): 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2023
Congratulations to him!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by Artiiclebeast: 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
How many gas stations do they have to service these million CNG buses abi na water dem wan use?

44 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by WiszyFraud: 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2023
Did you know??

Morocco is Africa’s largest exporter of cars. It generated $11 billion from exporting 464,864 cars in 2022.
Morocco is the largest exporter of passengers cars to Europe.

It exports cars through its huge sea ports.

👍

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by 9jvirgin(m): 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2023
The way these guys lie is indescribable. I don't blame the Zoo keeper, I Blame the animals in the Zoo.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by ThePolemicist: 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2023
Most will be diverted to personal interests

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by daniska3yaro(m): 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2023
Story for the gods

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2023
Lamba, Story story, storyyyyyyyy. APC shegee banza promax Baba blu bubablu promise upon promise upon promise still Nigerians are suffering daily grin grin grin grin grin wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by nony43(m): 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2023
No be only Roll. Even roller coaster. Cornfused Government.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by OBIGS(m): 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2023
Propaganda republic

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by Inspirer1: 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2023
How many people will be able to afford such vehicles going by the present economic condition of Nigerians?

Preference should be given to available and affordable food, electricity, petrol, cooking gas and adequate security.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by Coolsat(m): 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2023
All I see is a president who wants to truly effect changes and ease the life of Nigerians. At this point all we should do is pray for him and let's hope for a better Nigeria

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by iamoyindamola(m): 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2023
Accident of CNG vehicles are fatal

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by 99thEnemy(m): 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2023
.... Processing

Shout-out to: @TizzyAbel

#¶IRU cool
Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by MoonlikeQuill2: 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2023
ErgonReaper:

Na the way for Naija. We are baba for starting bogus things that have no hope of lasting beyond a year

Well spoken. It's a pity that a man who is fake in everything is our president

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by wittywriter: 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
9jvirgin:
The way these guys lie is indescribable. I don't blame the Zoo keeper, I Blame the animals in the Zoo.
it's a must to stop been gullible and stop patronizing mediocrity of fellow nigerians that identify as politicians because they are elected to duties/services and get salaries plus fat allocations for doing so.

Wittyness.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by christejames(m): 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
Stop promising us abeg

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by Dyfynezz12(m): 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
I have read too much about the CNG vehicles on nairaland,I want to start seeing them on the street

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by blacksam01: 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
stupid move...this is just a comtract inflation scheme...conversion center is what we need not the originally built vehicle

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by Sobodon: 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
Omo
Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by Pandev(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
Please if Tinubu is not your president, don't comment.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by Think9ja(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
K

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by excomarow(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
adssa
Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by LLSAINT(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
....................believe this guys and their story at your peril
PAPA AJASCO PROMAX 20 angry

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by chris4gold(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
I don't know why I found it difficult to believe this government.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by christm386: 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
This is a good medium to remind u that even though we have not had an igbo president in the last 50years, Igbos are the problem of Nigeria, if only they left business and found something more destructive like terrorism, the formal presidents of Nigeria would have been making better decision, so my point is the igbos are the problem of Nigeria, we must teach them a lesson, my children will rather change 1$ - #50000 than have an Igbo president

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by rybololo(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
Them no born am well
Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by Lordburna2(m): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
This daft government sef...u are rolling out vehicles the that the gas is not ready available in the market . E be like this pple dey reason from their anus.🙄

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Rollout One Million CNG Vehicles Nationwide by ottersberger(m): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2023
"To", "Set to".

Future impossible terms. These small pikin lies never tire una?.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Resist Islamisation As He Visits Anambra / "Our Mumu Don Do" Group Visit Family Of 10yr Boy Killed During Market Demolition / Why Obi Hid Defection From Atiku, By LP Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.