Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting (44250 Views)

Tinubu Bans Seyi, His Son, Others From FEC Meeting / Tinubu Bans Ajimobi From Appearing At APC Governorship Rallies / 14 Out Of 35 Ministers Attending FEC As Osinbajo Presides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by Islie: 2:34pm On Nov 01, 2023
"Last week I noticed the undue access of people sneaking in and out of this council, including… I saw the photograph of my son, Seyi, sitting behind… That is not acceptable," President Tinubu said.

President Bola Tinubu’s public rebuking of his son, Seyi, for attending the Federal Execution Council (FEC) meeting, has been generating reactions on social media and further put the president’s family under scrutiny.

Mr Tinubu had on Monday, during the weekly FEC meeting, complained about how those not permitted to enter the council chamber were allowed in, including his 37-year-old son.

“Last week, I noticed the undue access of people sneaking in and out of this council, including… I saw the photograph of my son, Seyi, sitting behind… That is not acceptable,” Mr Tinubu said.

He further named those permitted to have access to the chamber, including Hadiza Usman, special adviser on policy coordination; Bayo Onanuga, special adviser on information and strategy; Hakeem Muri-Okunola, principal private secretary and Damilotun Aderemi, private secretary.

FEC meeting

FEC is the cabinet of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and is part of the executive branch of the country’s government.

Section 144 (5) of the Constitution recognises the “executive council of the Federation” (the Federal Executive Council) as the “body of Ministers of the Government of the Federation, howsoever called, established by the President and charged with such responsibilities for the functions of government as the President.

The weekly meeting of the council is presided over by the president and attended by the vice president who is the deputy chairman, secretary to the government of the federation, head of service of the federation, ministers and some top aides of the president.

The meetings are now held on Mondays as against Wednesdays it was held during the previous administrations.

Nigerians react

The decision of the president to call out his son is generating positive feedback from Nigerians on social media.

Charles Beecroft posted on X, popularly known as Twitter, that the action of the junior Tinubu was “overzealousness” but he was glad that the president set the record straight.

“Mr President calls out his own son…says his attendance of FEC is “unacceptable.”

“What was Seyi doing anywhere near FEC chamber in the first place. At times overzealousness and too much self importance blinds us to limits. Am glad @officialABAT put the records straight & clear
,” the post reads.

Similar posts on X also echoed Charles Beecroft’s view on the statement by the president.

Ayo Akin with the user name, @The Ayo Akin, posted that The business of the nation is not a family affair”. He added, “It’s about to get more serious.”

A tweep @lekan Adigun, in his post, described the action of the president’s son as a “gatecrasher”, adding that there should be proper enforcement of security clearance for those who ought to be at FEC.

Seyi Tinubu has no business at FEC or Council Chambers while the meeting is going on. This is totally on the SGF. He’s the gatecrasher. FEC is a meeting you need highest level clearance to attend. FEC isn’t a meeting one should sneak in or out of. It’s unacceptable please,” the post reads.

Another user, @TemitopeAA, called for the sanction of the security personnel charged with regulating entry into the chamber.

How did he get in? Who cleared him to enter? Council Chamber is not easily accessible. The officers who may have granted undue clearance should be queried ( that’s if they haven’t already),” Temitope’s post reads.

First family under scrutiny

Aside from the reactions, the comments by the president put additional scrutiny on the president’s family members, notably his wife, Remi Tinubu, and son Seyi.

Last month, Seyi came under criticism for using one of the presidential jets to attend a private event in Kano State. He was flown to Kano in a presidential jet to watch the finals of this year’s edition of the Kano International Polo Tournament.

Bloomberg had also reported that Seyi bought a London property that belonged to Kolawole Aluko, a man who was fugitive at the time of the transaction in 2017.

As of the time of the transaction, the Nigerian government was trying to confiscate the assets and other assets belonging to Mr Aluko.

The president’s son is also the CEO of Loatsad Promomedia Ltd, an outdoor advertising company in Lagos.

First Lady’s office

PREMIUM TIMES had also reported that the president is seeking the approval of the National Assembly to spend N1.5 billion on vehicles for the office of his wife at a time when Nigerians are going through a tough economic situation.

Nigeria has a long history of overbearing members of the president’s family exerting influence on the running of the state. Most notably spouses, who use the office of the First Lady to influence governance.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/639078-nigerians-react-as-tinubu-bans-son-others-from-attending-fec-meeting.html

Previous thread
Tinubu Bans Seyi, His Son, Others From FEC Meeting

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by God1000(m): 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2023
Tinubu should learn from Donald trump and his family as they face several legal battles in US

Getting your family involved in government affairs is wrong and it comes with bad consequences.

About the vehicles for the first lady, that's utterly absurd at a time Nigerians are struggling to eat, her office isn't even constitutionally recognized.

I remember her saying that her family is rich and doesn't need government money for anything, she's been senator for years as well, she should use her own money to buy those cars.

Please be careful Mr president, we are watching you and your family.

102 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by Okwyjesus(m): 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2023
Funny he has been attending

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by YouandiAllofus: 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2023
Tinubu's family members need to keep their excitement of being the first family in check. So they don't overstep spaces not met for them and invade places they are not invited

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by MadamExcellency: 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2023
God1000:
That's the right thing to do, he should learn from Donald Trump and his family as they face several legal battles in the US

Getting your family involved in government affairs is wrong and it comes with bad consequences.

About the vehicles for the first lady, that's utterly absurd at a time when Nigerians are struggling to eat, her office isn't even constitutionally recognized.

I remember her saying that her family is rich and doesn't need government money for anything, she's been a senator for years as well, and she should use her own money to buy those cars.

Are you trying to confuse yourself by juxtaposing family business with serving in government?

Stop writing rubbish. Donald Trump's children weren't receiving salaries when they served the government in an official capacity and there is no unethical conduct ever reported or probe underway as per their services. Btw, Trump's in-law Jared Kushner is far richer than Donald Trump.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by God1000(m): 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Are you trying to confuse yourself by jutaposing family business with serving in government?

Stop writing rubbish. Donald Trump's children weren't receiving salaries when they served the government and there is no unethical conduct ever reported or probed underway as per their services.

Have you ever heard about conflict of interest

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by alanto: 3:11pm On Nov 01, 2023
Asiwaju as done the right thing.... Seyi probably went their to see his dad... Normally there's nothing he could possibly contribute at the FEC meeting, that's something everybody knows.

Modified.

Obidients crying over my mention... People that can defend anything. My comment was purposeful.

If y'all can defend Mmesoma. I can defend Seyi. Simple

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by MadamExcellency: 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2023
God1000:
Have you ever heard about conflict of interest

Is there any known such probe in the US presently on the so-called conflict of interest as per Ivanka and Kushner's serving in Government?

How does being an Adviser to the President in an official capacity without receiving salary a conflict of interest?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by festacman(m): 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2023
I use to see Seyi Tinubu as a smart dude who would deliberately stay away from Aso Villa and instead operate silently bringing in businesses from outside Nigeria to explore opportunities in Nigeria, create employment and boost the economy while securing handsome stake in their local operations. I use to think he is a TRUE entrepreneur.

But by this singular act of unnecessarily sneaking into FEC chamber to attend its meeting unauthorized, Seyi Tinubu has shown that he just is a lazy dumb head and that all the businesses that were touted as his are just empty shells. He is just a helpless "omo daddy". In fact Buhari's son has proven a smarter person.

Seyi Tinubu fall hand big time. Now, his dad has subtly chased him out of Aso Villa since he refused to have sense. His value has taken a big crumble and people in Aso Villa will always see him as a busybody. I am sure he will either fly out of Nigeria to cry on his wife's shoulders or man up and explore opportunities.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by God1000(m): 3:18pm On Nov 01, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Is there any known such probe in the US presently on the so-called conflict of interest as per Ivanka and Kushner's serving in Government?

How does being an Adviser to the President in an official capacity without receiving salary a conflict of interest?

you won't understand because you are being sentimental here

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by Pandev(m): 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2023
undecided

39 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2023
Very good one from our LEADER,
PRESIDENT Bola Ahmed Tinubu,
The JAGABAN.
Good caution to ALL involved.

The business of the nation is about to get more serious.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA 🇳🇬

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2023
AbuTwins:
Kudos to the Baba wey fit caution hin pikin this days!

Nice contribution to the topic.
Na man u be 👏 👏 👏

Dem no born some papas well to say any little thing to their children these days.
Only Our LEADER and Our Darling Daddy can do that.
We, their kids love and respect them

For some uncultured kids,
Na karate kicks and slaps dem go take return the baba caution, gbas-gbos on dem papa heads. cool
We know dem wells. 😉

Good caution from Our Leader 👍

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by Peterobi90: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2023
The main and right question is ... how many former presidents has any member of their family, relative or associates old and young deliberately or mistakenly joined the FEC meeting?..

Nil... this goes to show the character of the first family and the extent of destruction on protocols due to asslicking..

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by Aremwayne: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2023
cheesy
Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by Helinus: 3:53pm On Nov 01, 2023
Why has Tinubu forsaken FFK, after all the sacrifices, time and dedication FFK made for his Presidential ambition to become a reality.

I spoke with FFK the other time, he said my guy you have forgotten me.

I was like Boss its not like that, how is family? He said hunger is about to kpai him that i should run him urgent 2k make he take see road, i weak for my guy one time.

Make Tinubu give FFK post na, even if its minister for inter house sports.

Why betray FFK? Dude no dey even too come online again, him Data don finish.

I go try share am Data later sha.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by iwaeda: 3:53pm On Nov 01, 2023
Islie:
"Last week I noticed the undue access of people sneaking in and out of this council, including… I saw the photograph of my son, Seyi, sitting behind… That is not acceptable," President Tinubu said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/639078-nigerians-react-as-tinubu-bans-son-others-from-attending-fec-meeting.html

Previous thread

Irresponsibility of the highest order. If it were Segun living around Ekololu, no qualms. That one is already deep in white powder, but Seyi. It shows the kind of family in charge, see the other one calling herself the first daughter. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by AbuTwins: 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2023
Nigeria would have been better than it is today if parents would caution their kids when they err!

And the kid takes to it.

Since he could caution his kid like that then who else can't he caution?

Let's go back home and repair wetin remain from their!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by Frenzyboy(m): 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2023
Tinubu think say Nigeria na Lagos.. Nageria no be family affairs oo. Nigeria is now in the state of comatose due to bad governance. APC is a natural disaster to Nigeria.. Whr are all the useless APC supporters? Shebi una don see the real definition of shege banza.. Tinubu add more fire, e go reach us all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by Blaze14k: 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2023
What is this called can someone remind me.... Oh it's called "family business" we might as call Nigeria tinubu family and son's limited

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by Samirana360(m): 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2023
Seyi is doing well

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by Yestogood: 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2023
God1000:
Tinubu should learn from Donald trump and his family as they face several legal battles in US

Getting your family involved in government affairs is wrong and it comes with bad consequence.

About the vehicles for the first lady, that's utterly absurd at a time Nigerians are struggling to eat, her office isn't even constitutionally recognized.

I remember her saying that her family is rich and doesn't need government money for anything, she's been senator for years as well, she should use her own money to buy those cars.

Their darling daddy was the worst offender. The Mamman Daura effect is what, thankfully, Tinubu is trying to avoid.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by easyfem(m): 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2023
its just normal thing baba did .... so dont play yourself

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by AbuTwins: 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2023
festacman:
I use to see Seyi Tinubu as a smart dude who would deliberately stay away from Aso Villa and instead operate silently bringing in business from outside Nigeria to explore opportunities in Nigeria, create employment and boost the economy while securing handsome stake in their local operations. I use to think he is a TRUE entrepreneur.

But by this singular act of unnecessarily sneaking into FEC chamber to attend its meeting unauthorized, Seyi Tinubu has shown that he just is a lazy dumb head and that all the businesses that were touted as his are just empty shells. He is just a helpless "omo daddy". In fact Buhari's son has proven a smarter person.

Seyi Tinubu fall hand big time. Now, his dad has subtly chased him out of Aso Villa since he refused to have sense. His value has taking a big crumble and people in Aso Villa will always see him as busybody. I am sure he will either fly out of Nigeria to cry on his wife's shoulders or man up explore opportunities.

He no reach that level.
As ọmọ president it will surely enter your head once in a while!

Kudos to the Baba wey fit caution hin pikin this days!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by malali: 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2023
Security or Officer in charge of admitting people into the FEC should have been fired or suspended.

Its not a family meeting, although Tinubu was not really referring to his Son, Seyi Tinubu, he was referring to people he would rather not mention their names, but only using his son as a scapegoat.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by Wizpa(m): 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2023
Very Good

Be like BAT don see say these people are in there to poke into budgets about to be stated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by urbobo20(m): 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2023
Must he comes on national television 📺 to ban his to , abi na eye service

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by Swiftgrp: 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2023
Islie:

Previous thread
There must be clear boundaries as to where to go at the Presidential Villa. These protocols ought to have been made known to everyone one from the beginning. In any event, those who have been cautioned [including the 38-year-old Seyi Tinubu who is a UK-educated lawyer] should take note.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by tesppidd: 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2023
This is something his Dad could have reprimanded him in their family living room.
Not on camera.

But who knows, maybe he is always around to make sure his Dad is together..

If you know, you know.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by israelmao(m): 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2023
The sneaky nature is in the gene

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by Triangles1(m): 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2023
What an elderly man see when he sit down a child can't see it even if he climb mountain.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting by Laurene: 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2023
God1000:

I know you're anti-Trump and it'll cloud your judgement but Trump and his Son inlaw were already stinking rich before they got into governance.
Besides Trump's kids were never paid during Trump's presidency.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flavour And Bishop Imeh Performed At PDP Presidential Rally In Uyo, Akwa Ibom / Femi Fani-Kayode Writes Tinubu: A Bat From Hell And The Asiwaju Of Blood - FFK / Is Peter Obi Gradually Breaking The "Structure Jinx"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.