Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention (32027 Views)

Rivers Youths Pull Down Wike Billboards In Port Harcourt (Video) / ‘Buildings Will Go Down’ — Wike Assumes Office, Vows More Demolitions / Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Thonyboy: 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2023
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT Nyesom Wike has vowed not to back down in the ongoing power tussle with Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara.

.ng recalls that Fubara who fell out with Wike, his predecessor, is being impeached by the Rivers State House of Assembly.

Speaker of the Assembly, Martin Amaewhule, who is an ally of Wike, and some other members of the House, had commenced impeachment proceedings against the governor.

Wike’s allies had suspended the Majority Leader of the House, Ehie Edison, who is believed to be Fubara’s loyalist.

Speaking after the governors elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and the party’s National Working Committee, NWC, met over the crisis in Abuja on Tuesday, Wike insisted that the fight would continue even if heaven falls.

Wike said, “You know I will not agree. If heaven will come down, let heaven come down so that everybody will be at rest.

“Anybody who knows me knows too well: what I’ll never take is threat. You know I will not agree. If heaven will come down, let heaven come down so that everybody will be at rest.

“Let’s do things right. He said they should bring N20 billion every month; that’s politics. But nobody said this when I was fighting. If you like, accuse me.”

This is coming despite reports that President Bola Tinubu has resolved the crisis.

The planned impeachment has caused chaos in the state as party supporters have continued to stage protests in Port-Harcourt, the capital city.
https://.ng/2023/11/01/let-heaven-come-down-wike-vows-to-fight-fubara-despite-tinubus-intervention/

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by TemplarLandry: 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2023
cool

21 Likes

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by mariahAngel(f): 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wike's gragra and stubbornness have become too much, and will be his undoing eventually.
If you no gree, them go gree for you by force.

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by ShobayoEmma(m): 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2023
You can imagine the kind of person that wanted to become Nigeria president if not for Atiku madness?

Indeed there's goodness in evil at times.

151 Likes 13 Shares

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Svoboda(m): 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2023
The Ubas did more than this to Ngige. Years later, chris uba couldnt win an ordinary senate seat. That sim and wike fell out so soon shows that wike underestimated sim, perhaps for his unassuming disposition. Thats a weakness on wikes part. Wike can rant all he wants, but he is going to lose out, at least for now.

70 Likes 13 Shares

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Pakute: 5:49pm On Nov 01, 2023
Don't try nonsense with Wike, as a serving federal minister, Ameachi could not enter Rivers. Atiku did not hold his presidential rally in Rivers. Anyway sha, Fubura don enter Abuja to postrate, case closed.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Karlovich: 5:53pm On Nov 01, 2023
embarassed It seems Awo's envious spirit has descended upon Wike, he should realize that envy never pays as it can only lead to ratak.

6 Likes

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by SoNature(m): 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2023
Rivers people should teach Wike the popular Igbo lesson that goes thus: You can cook for the people, they will eat and enjoy themselves. But the day the general public decides to cook for you, you are in trouble.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2023
Thonyboy:
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT Nyesom Wike has vowed not to back down in the ongoing power tussle with Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara.

.ng recalls that Fubara who fell out with Wike, his predecessor, is being impeached by the Rivers State House of Assembly.

Speaker of the Assembly, Martin Amaewhule, who is an ally of Wike, and some other members of the House, had commenced impeachment proceedings against the governor.

Wike’s allies had suspended the Majority Leader of the House, Ehie Edison, who is believed to be Fubara’s loyalist.

Speaking after the governors elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and the party’s National Working Committee, NWC, met over the crisis in Abuja on Tuesday, Wike insisted that the fight would continue even if heaven falls.

Wike said, “You know I will not agree. If heaven will come down, let heaven come down so that everybody will be at rest.

“Anybody who knows me knows too well: what I’ll never take is threat. You know I will not agree. If heaven will come down, let heaven come down so that everybody will be at rest.

“Let’s do things right. He said they should bring N20 billion every month; that’s politics. But nobody said this when I was fighting. If you like, accuse me.”

This is coming despite reports that President Bola Tinubu has resolved the crisis.

The planned impeachment has caused chaos in the state as party supporters have continued to stage protests in Port-Harcourt, the capital city.

https://.ng/2023/11/01/let-heaven-come-down-wike-vows-to-fight-fubara-despite-tinubus-intervention/
Father & Son they "SAY"

1 Like

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by slivertongue: 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2023
it will soon be Ijaw vs wike

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Dspsalvate: 6:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
SPEECHLESS SPEECHLESS
Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by bennybuhari: 6:42pm On Nov 01, 2023
Who the hell is this drunk?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Racoon(m): 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2023
This is arrogant, lawlessness and impunity bastard they made a minister of an important part of this nation - minister of the FCT( the window wherein the world sees Nigeria)

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Whatisurproblem(m): 7:26pm On Nov 01, 2023
SoNature:
Rivers people should teach Wike the popular Igbo lesson that goe thus: You can cook for the people, they will eat and enjoy themselves. But the day the general public decides to cook for you, you are in trouble.
to eat everybody's food na die na

10 Likes

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by asanausana91: 7:31pm On Nov 01, 2023
Pakute:
Don't try nonsense with Wike, as a serving federal minister, Ameachi could not enter Rivers. Atiku did not hold his presidential rally in Rivers. Anyway sha, Fubura don enter Abuja to postrate, case closed.
some of you sound stupid at every topic. Even Obj knelt down to beg Atiku in 2003.
Stop supporting evil. If Tinubu didn't sack Wike then I pity him. You can never trust Wike no matter what.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by asanausana91: 7:35pm On Nov 01, 2023
Na Tinubu I dey pity. No one should trust Wike.
He want to gather money for presidential election.
For those of you supporting Wike just because he works for Tinubu, very soon una go hear am.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Rachael26(m): 7:39pm On Nov 01, 2023
Ok
Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by ecolime(m): 7:39pm On Nov 01, 2023
Karlovich:
embarassed It seems Awo's envious spirit has descended upon Wike, he should realize that envy never pays as it can only lead to ratak.
You sons of Nzeribe no dey ever rest.

Wetin concern Awo with Wike's matter?

It's really true you were taught from childhood to hate Yorubas.

Oponu Ayirada

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Philipponzaghi: 7:40pm On Nov 01, 2023
asanausana91:
Na Tinubu I dey pity. No one should trust Wike.
He want to gather money for presidential election.
For those of you supporting Wike just because he works for Tinubu, very soon una go hear am.

Tinubu is bigger than Wike.

As the president and as an astute politician, his power is so much that he can crush Wike if he really want to.

But for now, Tinubu and Wike are best of friends and we hope it stays like that.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by bigdammyj: 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2023
No problem.
Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by nkemoma(m): 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2023
Las las Wicked Wike will self destruct

8 Likes

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Blackdisciple(m): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2023
Lolzzz wetin odili never do for Rivers, Wike should face FCT

2 Likes

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by CJStarz: 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2023

2 Likes

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by soccerlite: 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
Wike your cup go soon full

5 Likes

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Kukutente23: 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2023
Ok
Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by NSSF: 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2023
Let Peace reign please.

1 Like

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by israelmao(m): 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2023
Heaven doesn't need to come down you shall fail.You're too proud and corrupt!

12 Likes

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by richie240: 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2023
My ppl talk say d cane wey dem use flog first wife dey back of cupboard; den go use am flog the new/second wife las-las.

All d ppl wey dey applaud u when u dey support Edo state governor to rebel against hin Oga (oshiomole) are d same clowns dragging you now.

Karma izz real!

Ndo; take heart!
#Rivers nor be Edo!
cool

4 Likes

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by fasterwell(m): 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2023
Of course I knew you will never back down and anyone expecting him to back down we have to wait on the oven comes down.

It's unfortunate that many will start to insinuate that mister president wants to use the fct minister to capture Rivers State because he didn't stop him

Let the current governor every vestige better wake up to the reality and fight with everything artist disposal
Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by Judolisco(m): 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2023
Oga wike u can't be controlling rivers when u r no longer in government.... It doesn't work that way.... U planted onions and u want to plug mango.... Forget oh... Who dey control u wen u dey power?

4 Likes

Re: ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention by frankmoney(m): 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2023
Pakute:
amaechi could not enter rivers ? Omor abeg lie small small, people Wen from Rivers dey the platform too

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Deola Diadem Full Story + Pics (as Told By Deola's Hater) / Dele Momodu Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.